Start by marking “Sweet Baby” as Want to Read:
Sweet Baby

Sweet Baby

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  537 ratings  ·  23 reviews
LITTLE GIRL LOST...

It all happened a long time ago, so long ago that Tory Lancaster no longer remembers being a little girl who came home to an empty house. Tory is a woman now, trying to leave behind a legacy of abandonment and sorrow, desperate to love but forever afraid to trust. Only in Brett Hooker's arms does she find peace, but there's something Brett doesn't know,
Published October 1st 2006 by Mira Books (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Baby

Bark's Book Nonsense
Never again and this is why. Pseudonyms OK for authors. Not okay for readers. Sorry, I don't think so.

Here's my original review so those who will cannot accuse me of being a drive-by troll. If anything I was a silly fangirl. I wrote this way back when. Ahhh, innocence was bliss.

In my opinion, this is one of Sala's best. It was an emotional read for me from the very beginning. It's a contemporary and features one of the most sensitive "good guy" heroes I've ever come across in a novel. No annoyi
Katie(babs)
Sharon Sala can be hit or miss with her books, but with "Sweet Baby", she has a definite winner on her hands. This maybe considered one of her best.

Victoria or Tory as her boyfriend Brett calls her, came home to an empty house when she was seven years old. Her parents were gone and the house was empty of everything. She was so scarred by the experience from going to foster home to foster home, she is more of a shell of a person. She is afraid to love the people in her life. She shuts down. And
Jacqueline
Quite angsty. When Sharon Sala is on she's one of the best. The heroine here is seriously messed up and the hero is twisting in the wind trying to deal with her. He is pretty constant in his love and acceptance and his desire to help and protect her. He's a great hero. I liked to see the heroine meet his family as that is always something I enjoy in books since any relationship will have to deal with in-laws unless they are both orphans. When it's done correctly it's a great opportunity to revea ...more
Monique Atgood
SYNOPSIS:
This is a sweet story about a woman with serious attachment issues. She’s in love with Brett, but treats him like he doesn’t matter. Tory leaves him over and over for work for weeks without a thought or a call, and saunters back into his life as if she never left.

Brett is such a kind man who loves Tory so much he will do anything to help heal her and make her amenable to the concept of ‘being loved’.

Tory doesn’t remember her childhood before the second grade. She was raised in foster
Sophie Greene
A tense thriller with believable characters and a tightly wound plot. I would have liked more info about how the main hero and heroine got together though.
Cheryl Persaud
One of favorite book ever, very sad book, but romantic.
Michele
Haunting suspense; so many secrets.
Lê Uyên phương
good book
Cheryl Wright
My favorite of all of her titles. I re-read this at least once a year!
Brittany
From the beginning, you feel sympathy for Tory Lancaster who as a young girl came home to an empty house, her family gone. Luckily twenty five years later she has fallen in love with a man whose love is so genuine that it seems far fetched at times for what she puts him though. This story is not action packed or suspenseful, yet it keeps you turning the pages. I couldn't help but get choked up while reading this book, it will tug at your heart in several ways.
Karina
Quick weekend read. I was entertained. :)
Shawnee Bowlin
Enjoyed the story, didn't enjoy the constant sexual interaction between the characters. Found the instant acceptance of the female by the family members to be a bit over-the-top, but stranger things have happened. Overall, the story kept me wanting to find out more to get the mystery solved. Nice twist with the final unraveling of the mystery.
Pamela(AllHoney)
Victoria "Tory" Lancaster is a photographer and travels often for work. She has been living with her boyfriend, Brett, for 4 years but has some commitment issues. A bit of a tear-jerker as she works through her nightmares and the mystery of her childhood.
Lori Schiele
"Sweet Baby" was another book I probably would not have read, except I was (yet again) in the hospital and found it in their book rack. A bit slow moving, but still readable.
Carol
I am a fan of Sharon Sala but sometimes her stories fall a bit short. Not so here. This is a well plotted book with sympathetic characters and a satisfying conclusion.
Sharon Sherman
A very interesting book. A woman who doesn't remember her childhood and a man who loves her. Well worth a read.
Dawn
Jan 08, 2009 Dawn rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys a good suspense novel.
Recommended to Dawn by: I read all of Sharon Sala's books.
This was a very good suspense novel. I have read many of Sala's books and they are all great.
Linda
Really good book, would certainly look out for more Sharon Sala books.
Lesli
Typical Sharon Sala suspense.
Traci
Traci marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Diana H.
Diana H. is currently reading it
Jan 16, 2015
Joyce
Joyce marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
  • Mimosa Grove
  • Child of Grace
  • A Contract Bride's Triple Surprise  (Bride Train, #2)
  • Necklace of Shame
  • On the Edge: WITH Capsized AND Shelter Island AND Bougainvillea
  • When a Pack Dies (Wyoming Wild #1)
  • His Bare Obsession (Bare Love, #1)
  • Stacy's Destiny (The Town of Pearl, #2)
  • Perfect Partners
  • The Morning Side of Dawn (Holt, #3)
  • The Girl, the Doctor, and the Texas Ranger
  • More Than Words: Stories Of Courage: Homecoming Season\\The Yellow Ribbon\\Hanging By A Thread
  • Flawed Beauty
  • The Secret (Paranormal Series #1)
  • A Taste of Scarlet (Treeland Pack Tales)
  • The Marriage Prize (Medieval Plantagenet, #3)
  • Dakota Heat, Volume 1 [Her Dakota Men: Dakota Ranch Crude]
  • Love Like This
Sharon Sala has been a published author since 1991, and has also written under the pseudonym Dinah McCall, although the last McCall book was released in March of 2007.
Her 76th book, THE HEALER, was released in April 2008. She's a member of Romance Writers of America and writes mostly romantic suspense and paranormal romantic suspense for Harlequin Enterprises, Silhouette Books, and at one time, a
More about Sharon Sala...
Out of the Dark Missing Nine Lives (Cat Dupree, #1) Blown Away Snowfall