Do I Need It? or Do I Want It?: Making Budget Choices

Do I Need It? or Do I Want It?: Making Budget Choices

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  8 reviews

Do You plan how much money you'll use to buy candy? or how much you'll save for a new video game? Then you're budgeting! A budget is a plan for spending and saving. Budgets help people decide how to use their money wisely. What do you want? And how can you make a budget? Read this book to find out.

Learn all about how we earn, spend, and save in the Exploring Economics seri

Published February 1st 2010 by Lerner Classroom

To ask other readers questions about Do I Need It? or Do I Want It?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Do I Need It? or Do I Want It?

Dolly
Aug 06, 2013 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: older children and parents reading with them
This is an informative, but not overwhelmingly engaging book about spending and explaining needs and wants. The font is big and the narrative is short, and there are many colorful photographs, but I couldn't help but think that the book should engage the reader more, by perhaps challenging them or asking more questions. I did this on my own; we discussed the topics and personalized the goals as we read the book. We have already established habit patterns of creating four pots of money - long-ter...more
Jessica Benson
Great resource for many economics lessons such as wants vs needs, allowances, budgets, saving and spending, and goods and services. This is an important concept for young readers to learn so it could be used for K-1 grade but also would be a good reminder for older students when introducing the topics of economics or government.
Sam
This book is very formal and informative. Describes the difference between need and want and how to keep a budget. I would suggest this for middle school students. To give them an idea of money and that it doesn't grow on trees as many kids may believe.
Cheryl Kays
In this book, we learn the differences in what we want and what we need in life. This is an important idea for students to learn in the classroom. This book can be paired with other books/lessons that incorporate communities and economics.
Amy
Great resource for many economics lessons such as wants vs needs, allowances, budgets, saving and spending, and goods and services. Easy read that's geared towards developing readers, but will be good for intermediate introductions as well.
Carlee
Good introduction to saving money, creating a budget and wants vs. needs.
Megan Bratton
Good introduction to saving money, creating a budget and wants vs. needs.
Susan
Very nice, simple introduction to money and budgeting for kids.
J.
J. marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Dawkins
Dawkins marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Megan Conner
Megan Conner marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Reya
Reya added it
Mar 26, 2014
Ilan
Ilan marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Gina Burke-gurnow
Gina Burke-gurnow marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Aaryn Levert
Aaryn Levert marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Yolanda
Yolanda marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
What Can You Do with Money?: Earning, Spending, and Saving What Is Money, Anyway?: Why Dollars and Coins Have Value Where Do We Keep Money?: How Banks Work Mighty Bison Who's Buying? Who's Selling?: Understanding Consumers and Producers