Start by marking “Face the Fire (Three Sisters Island, #3)” as Want to Read:
Face the Fire (Three Sisters Island, #3)

Face the Fire (Three Sisters Island #3)

4.14  ·  Rating Details ·  29,535 Ratings  ·  658 Reviews
Mia Devlin knows what it's like to love with your whole heart - and then watch your love walk away. Years ago, she and Sam Logan shared and incredible bond built on passion, legend, and fate. But then one day he fled Three Sisters Island, leaving her lost in memories of the magic they shared - and determined to live without love...

The new owner of the island's only hotel,
Mass Market Paperback, 358 pages
Published 2002 by Piatkus Books

To ask other readers questions about Face the Fire, please sign up.

Maria Clara
Tranquilamente un 2.5

Si tuviera que definir este libro en una sola palabra, sin duda sería: aburrido. Y creo que es la primera vez que me pasa con un libro de Nora Roberts.
jenjn79
Apr 23, 2008 jenjn79 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nora fans
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
While I still liked this book, it was my least favorite of the Three Sisters Island trilogy. I liked the plot as it dealt with resolving the threat to the island and beating the evil. I thought that was done well.

What I didn't particularly like about the book was the romance between Mia and Sam. It didn't quite work for me. Mia keeps her heart locked away from Sam for the whole book (with good reason mostly) then at the end, she's suddenly like, okay, I accept you and your love. The abrupt chang
Mojca
I never thought I'd give it five stars in the end, but there you have it. The entire premise of this book (not the series!) was based on the fact a nineteen-year-old girl knew what love was when she loved Sam Logan eleven years ago. A love so strong, so powerful, she'd shattered when he left. You were nineteen, girl! What did you know?!

Lucky he left, because he did them both a huge favor. She grew stronger as a witch, he became a man who finally knew what he wanted, and they could discover what
Fátima
Jan 21, 2017 Fátima rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
De este último libro de la trilogía me esperaba MÁS
La historia de Mia tenía muchas ganas de leerla desde el primero y quizás esas expectativas jugaron una mala pasada, no lo sé.
Para mí es el libro más flojo de los tres, necesario para cerrar la parte de la magia pero con una relación romántica demasiado plana.
Tina
This reunion story didn't work for me. I was too busy rolling my eyes to fully enjoy this corny mess.

The hero dumped the heroine because he felt suffocated by her and doesn't return for 11 years. She, of course spent those years torn apart, struggling to survive without him. The day he returns, she decides she will have sex without the "relationship" with him *rolls eyes* when he tells her he wants her back. Does that sound like what a rational woman will do to the guy who dumped and shattered
Kristiej
Aug 02, 2015 Kristiej rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This audio book did not work for me on so many levels. I didn’t like the heroine, I didn’t like the hero. I didn’t care for the supporting characters. I thought parts of it were downright stupid and it emphasizes all the reasons I do not read Ms. Roberts trilogies any longer.
That’s it in a nutshell though I suppose I should give a bit more detail, otherwise it will sound like one of those ‘crap’ reviews that can be found on Amazon.
I have to start out by saying I’ve loved Nora Roberts for a long
Jenn Andrew
Jul 24, 2008 Jenn Andrew rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes in a trilogy, the third book seems to lose something. It is almost as if the author is trying to stretch the story too far. Fortunately for the readers, this doesn't happen in this series! Nora Roberts produces a third book about the final important character on the Three Sisters Island. As usual she maintains the storyline while opening up a new tale about another woman that is directly associated with the other two from the previous books in the series.

Face the Fire is about a woman
Mishma
From the massive amount of books I’ve read by Nora Roberts,I’ve learned something.’If you loved the first book,never expect the sequel or the others in the series to be as good as the first one.’It’s a lesson I learned throughout my experience of Roberts’ works.

I went through the same thing in Face the Fire.I loved the first book,Dance Upon the Air and I enjoyed the second one,Heaven and Earth so initially I had a little hope for Face the Fire.
But of course,it turned out to be a disappointment.E
Darcy
I found it very easy to not like Sam along with all women. I was stunned when I realized that Sam thought all he would have to do was come back and he would be back with Mia. I loved that Nell and Ripley gave him the cold shoulder too, in support of Mia. The whole big bad showdown was sort of a letdown after 3 books.
Rae
Aug 19, 2010 Rae rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Cathy
2015 Reading Challenge: a trilogy.

Sam and Mia, man. I'm rounding up from 3.5 stars for them alone. I wasn't as disappointed as I had feared I would be, which is largely due to the both of them. Yes, Sam was kind of an ass at the beginning and had arguably been an ass for the past ten years, but I really loved the energy between them regardless.

I loved finding out about him; (view spoiler)
valee
Aug 26, 2011 valee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cont-romance
I KNEW THIS WOULD BE MY FAVOURITE! I was so sure that something was missing on the previous 2 books but I just couldn't figure out what it was. I still can't but I know after reading book 3 that it definitely has something the others didn't, even though I can't exactly say what, lol. Kinda messed up, anybody got that?

I had been waiting to get to know Sam since he was first mentioned on the previous books. I wasn't sure if he would be the perfect mate for our amazing Mia (which was always my fav.
Sonja
Feb 18, 2009 Sonja rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had high hopes for this final installment of the trilogy. Mia was my favorite character from the first 2 books and I was really looking forward to reading her story, and the exciting conclusion to the series. Not only did Mia get short-changed in the character development aspect in this book, but the big finish I was expecting fizzled to an unimpressive whiz-pop.

Admitedly, part of the reason why I didn't like this book is that I don't like Nora's brooding characters as much as I like her tom-b
Mareli
Jun 25, 2011 Mareli rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mia Devlin is a witch and she's a witch I love!

This story is, in my opinion, the best of the trilogy. Mia and her ex, back on the isle with the purpose to being with her again, are a great couple.

The story has a very sweet side and it's really good.

Recommended!
Lauren
Aug 08, 2012 Lauren rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mama-says
Nora Roberts is one of those authors that I can read over and over again & never really get tired of her. I read these books years ago during the tween years and decided to give it another go. Why not? Reading about witches is always fun & you should never turn your nose up at a N.R. trilogy!

While I still liked this book, it was my least favorite of the Three Sisters trilogy. I liked the plot as it dealt with resolving the threat to the island and beating the evil. I thought that was d
Maria
Aug 22, 2014 Maria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: magic

You can see the following review also here: http://loveandlivetoread.wordpress.co...

The last book in this trilogy by Nora Roberts is as good as the first two! The author has a unique talent and describes the Three Sisters Island in a way that I wanted to be there also! This book has it all.. magic, love, friends, forgiveness...

This is the story of Mia and Sam. They were lovers when they were young but when Sam left her she didn’t want to love again. Now, Sam is back and determined to be with her
Thenia
Mia and Sam used to be together for what Mia thought was forever, before he broke her heart and left the island. Now he's back, still in love with her and determined to win her back, but she's far from willing to let him.

She has to break the last part of the curse that had her ancestor throwing herself off a cliff, unable to handle the heartbreak of a love that abandoned her. Mia has survived it, but unwilling to chance history repeating itself, even though she would never do that herself, she k
KarenF
Apr 28, 2011 KarenF rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, contemporary
While this wasn't my favorite romance of the trilogy (that would be Zack & Nell's story) I think it was my favorite overall story of the three. As the evil that has haunted the Island is closing in, Mia has to deal with her heartbreak from the past and open herself up to being hurt again in order to defeat it. I loved Sam's courtship of Mia but strictly as a romance I felt she closed herself off to him for too long. But again, as a story her delay made it more emotional when she did accept h ...more
Missy Gloomy
I think the author made mia's character too soft.For someone who was hurt pretty bad by this sam guy she welcomed him well. To me i feel like why are you even talking to him let alone sleeping with him. And his arrogancy gosh dont get me started, the fact that he came to the island behaving like he didnt treat mia like shit pisses me off, actually it is one of the reasons I was not that interested in the book. What kept me on this book though is mia is the strongest among the 3 sisters and i wan ...more
Kristen
In the final installment of the Three Sisters Island trilogy, Face the Fire, from Nora Roberts, she built things up into a shocking conclusion. Mia Devlin knew about loving someone with her whole heart and watch them walk away--that's what happened to her true love, Sam Logan, who did that to her years ago. Now he came back to win her heart as she was now the new owner of the island's hotel. She became cold and bitter toward him, while the chemistry between them was infallible and red-hot. For a ...more
Julie
Oct 15, 2012 Julie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This isn't my favorite series of Nora Roberts. The first book of the series was the best one and I think it was mainly because I really liked the characters. In this 3rd book it was O.K. I liked Mia but she was a little harder to relate too. I loved her skills as a witch and a crafty business women. Her Cafe bookstore was one of my favorite locations. I was given a writing challenge last week and I had to come up with one sentence to describe my current read. Here is what I came up with: "Witche ...more
Caro
Jun 09, 2015 Caro rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Eh. I felt like the plot point of this didn't actually work. I never actually knew who Mia was supposed to fight. But the plot was actually stellar in comparison to the couple.

Sam left Mia years ago because he felt trapped by her expectations. Fair enough. But he dances back in town ten years later and has the nerve to wonder why she won't jump back into his arms when he says he's ready. I would've preferred Mac's original theory (Mia moving on from Sam without a grudge) to what actually happene
Aug 26, 2009 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
As the final book of the trilogy, the plot of this book was entirely inevitable and held tightly the tracks laid out in books one and two. Mia, our heroine, didn't catch my attention sufficiently to keep me from rocketing through this one rather too quickly; I didn't sink into the world the way I'd've liked to.

Still, I think this is one of Roberts's trilogies that I'll come back and reread when I'm in the mood for a nice bit of escapism.
Deb
Definitely my last 'witch' book by Nora Roberts.

She keeps recycling the same story, putting slightly different twists in, including location and names. Most of the time I can forgive some re-use, but this is the 5th 'trilogy' where I've heard the same story but told in a slightly different way.

I'll keep trying her other books, but if I read one more with the phrase "As I will, so mote it be", I'm done.
Shannon (Twilight Sleep)
Like the Gallaghers of Ardmore Irish trilogy, I discovered this series in the Honor section of my local library and decided to borrow them. I love that this series takes on supernatural elements but still manages to come across as very realistic. The characters are dynamic and well-developed but relatable - they are/become supernaturally powerful but are still incredibly vulnerable, just like the rest of us. It's comforting that they remain so human, despite their inhuman abilities.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Sam is puzzled by Mia's icy indifference? Are you serious? Is he a dumb ass insensitive clod? This is the final conclusion to the Three Sisters Island and I found it to be just a sweet as the first two. Ms. Roberts certainly knows how to write romances. She has this perfect formula going for three books, all evenly paced and bring a satisfy conclusion.
Kyla Zerbes
I don't know how I missed this trilogy the first time or if I did read, how I have such complete non-recall.
Typical Roberts which is comforting and easy to read! Same story as always but that's ok by me - multiple friends / family with magic become couples and fight evil :) What was interesting is that there is discord among the friends (with good reason) so it's not all lovey lovey right away.
Tony Hisgett
Jan 23, 2015 Tony Hisgett rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, paranormal
I can't believe this book was written by the same person as the first two books in the trilogy. The relationship between Mia and Sam didn't make sense. After half-a-dozen chapters not only didn't I feel anything for Sam but I had stopped liking Mia.
Suzanne
Apr 16, 2016 Suzanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*sigh
What can I say? This was awesome. I was guessing until the end. So many beautiful things about this book!
Sandra Cox
Feb 13, 2008 Sandra Cox rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: paranormal romance readers
I love this book.
Sandra
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)
  • Dangerous Tides (Drake Sisters, #4)
Nora Roberts is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 200 novels, including The Obsession, The Liar, The Collector, Whiskey Beach and coming in June 2017, Come Sundown. She is also the author of the futuristic suspense In Death series written under the pen name J.D. Robb. There are more than 500 million copies of her books in print.
More about Nora Roberts...

Three Sisters Island (3 books)
  • Dance Upon the Air (Three Sisters Island, #1)
  • Heaven and Earth (Three Sisters Island, #2)

“I fear feeling my heart break a second time, because I'm not sure I could survive it. I'd rather live alone than risk the pain.” 254 likes
“A ghra. A amhain. My love. My only.” 116 likes