Start by marking “RELAX - You May Only Have a Few Minutes Left” as Want to Read:
RELAX - You May Only Have a Few Minutes Left

RELAX - You May Only Have a Few Minutes Left

Loretta LaRoche has been called “the Erma Bombeck of stress reduction”—and in the helpful and hilarious pages of this entertaining book, her enormous talent for finding the funny detail to defuse even the most difficult situation has never been sharper.Relax—You May Only Have a Few Minutes Left is filled with practical exercises, hilarious anecdotes, and specific advice fo ...more
Published February 1st 2008 by Hay House, Inc. (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about RELAX - You May Only Have a Few Minutes Left, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about RELAX - You May Only Have a Few Minutes Left

Dolly
Apr 08, 2009 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Loretta LaRoche
I like reading books by Loretta LaRoche. She's funny and reminds me a little of Erma Bombeck, but with a self-help focus. I love that she tries to help people relieve stress in their lives by finding the humor in everyday situations.

This is a funny book, full of practical advice and great perspectives on life. It's a bit dated, mentioning Christopher Reeve as still living (he died in 2004) and referencing phone cords (I'm sure our girls would ask, what are those anyway?)

Although the book can b
Ronda Panucci
Mar 01, 2009 Ronda Panucci rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

LAUGH until your stomach hurts. This book had me doing just that. Sometimes you just have to look a things from a different perspective. With work, your family or in the grocery store, humor can change what might have been a terrible day to one you will remember for the rest of your life. It won't hurt, it doesn't cost a thing and what's the worst that can happen....nobody get's your humor? Who cares, your laughing ang you feel great.

Here is a quote from the book, " One night I met Bob at the d
Babs
Apr 17, 2008 Babs rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As always... I laughed out loud. Some stories were familiar from the author's other books but this one tells us how to move beyond our little idiosyncrasies. We are human but we love to beat ourselves up... stop! Simple message delivered with humor and examples. A fun and informative read.
Dionne
Aug 06, 2013 Dionne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Reframing our negative thoughts through humorous exaggeration sends a vital message to the brain that says: 'Hold it, I really don't need to get ready to do battle today. Instead, I'm going to take a shower in endorphins & assume this challenge with a calm, somewhat bemused mind.'"

"You can thank God. Thank Him for giving you life. Give thanks for your health and mental well-being. Appreciate the beauty of nature and of sunsets, thank your God. Say grace before a meal. These expressions of g
Lossecorme
Oct 04, 2013 Lossecorme rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: expedition-books
Normally, I'm not someone who likes to read self-help books. I got this book as a gift, and although I appreciated the thought behind it, I thought I would never read it, much less finish it.

I was wrong.
At some point, I decided to give it a chance. At first, I didn't know what to think of it. I couldn't identify myself with the situations described. But I continued reading it. Taking it with me on travel, reading bits every now and then.

Until I got to the Tadaa-moment with the story about the li
Julie Barrett
Feb 03, 2015 Julie Barrett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Relax you may only have a few minutes left: using power of humor to overcomes stress
Many examples of using humor to get over the stress in our lifes.
Just pretend to be a 8 year old and be silly-things we have done when we are around our grandson. We need to do these things when he's not even here. See how many heads we can turn.
Ginny
Mar 02, 2012 Ginny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: donated, spiritual
Self help book on relieving your stress through humor. A few good ideas, but I don't think some of them would work. I have tried her theories out and have gotten mixed results. If you have heard her talk there is no new material here. If you haven't heard of Loretta, it is a good read and helps you put things in a different frame of mind.
Marc
Nov 23, 2015 Marc rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Praktische gids, zoals er nu duizenden zijn over afstand nemen van de ratrace, jezelf weer in handen krijgen. Wel heel erg Amerikaans van inslag: "vroeger was ik ook zo, maar nu heb ik het licht gezien". Best aardig, maar zeker niet beklijvend. Kreeg het cadeau, en dat op zich is wel een hint, zeker? :).
Siti
Mar 23, 2009 Siti rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A self-help book that really help to overcome stress with humours...
i had a pretty good laugh when i was reading it...
guess that the books really helped to bring out more humours in my life...
have more fun....
Candy
Mar 29, 2011 Candy rated it it was ok
LaRoche is funny, but I thought the advice was pretty lightweight. If you're worried about people helping with the housework or finding a bathing suit, she offers some advice. If you have real stress, you might want to go elsewhere.
Carol
Oct 17, 2008 Carol rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a fun book to read but it also taught me some things. Like not to take life too seriously. My Mom looked at it while I was reading it and she's going to read it next. Fun for women of all ages.
Cathy
Jun 20, 2013 Cathy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book made me laugh out loud! I was so into it I even did a 10-post series on my Blog about the TA-DAH! suggestions she makes to help people learn how to enjoy the surprises life brings: http://cathy-morningmusings.blogspot....
Emily Leathers
sfpl, read sample, better me, humor, for will
Angela Prins
Feb 07, 2016 Angela Prins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loretta LaRoche is a very funny lady. Every time I read one of her books or watch a YT video I giggle and then try to remember to share her quote.
Grace
Sep 27, 2010 Grace is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
good
Pam
May 23, 2010 Pam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is me. Wanting everything to be perfect and getting stressed out when not. Also taking things too seriously. Lighten up, Pam!
Sally Doyle
This was a suggestion by my daughter. Light and funny. It doesn't hurt to be reminded to lighten up and maybe that's why I didn't rate it higher. Its really hard for me to lighten up.
Sally Myers
Jul 27, 2014 Sally Myers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really liked this book. I may have to actually buy it. Has a lot of information that is worthy of rereading.
Shelley
funny, we all need to relax a little...
Oana Bajka
May 25, 2011 Oana Bajka rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It does what it preaches. Making me laugh every page. Great book. :)
Amy
Oct 05, 2008 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent!
Lee Anne
Apr 13, 2008 Lee Anne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She is the queen of stress management. Delightful book!
Terie
Aug 04, 2012 Terie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I love it! Humor is what keeps me sane and She does a great job at helping me relax and not take life so serious!
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2011
Mick
Mick rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2016
Shawna
Shawna rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2008
Victoria Casolari
Victoria Casolari rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2015
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2008
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2013
Shawn
Shawn rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • $20 Per Gallon: How the Inevitable Rise in the Price of Gasoline Will Change Our Lives for the Better
  • Real Men Don't Eat Quiche
  • In the Light of You
  • L.A. Story and Roxanne: Screenplays
  • Chicken Soup for the Soul: Christmas Cheer: Stories about the Love, Inspiration, and Joy of Christmas
  • Sweetwater American
  • Radical Focus: Achieving Your Most Important Goals with Objectives and Key Results
  • Retirementology: Rethinking the American Dream in a New Economy
  • The Thieves Of Faith (Michael St. Pierre, #2)
  • Fun Facts about Pets
  • Out of Mormonism: A Woman's True Story
  • Tongue Fu!: How to Deflect, Disarm, and Defuse Any Verbal Conflict
  • Don't Just Do Something, Sit There: A Mindfulness Retreat with Sylvia Boorstein
  • Night Birds' Reign (Dreamer's Cycle, #1)
  • Hunt at the Well of Eternity (Gabriel Hunt, #1)
  • Under the Black  Ensign: A Pirate Adventure of Loot, Love and War on the Open Seas
  • Betterness: Economics for Humans