Start by marking “Caretti's Forced Bride (Wedlocked!) (Modern Romance, #748)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Caretti's Forced Bride...

Jennie Lucas

Caretti's Forced Bride (Wedlocked!) (Modern Romance, #748)

3.50  ·  Rating Details  ·  174 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
He'll make her ready for the taking!

Dark, devilish Paolo Caretti can buy anything he wants. He isn't ashamed of where he comes from. But Isabelle's family wanted breeding, not billions. Rejected, he now wants vengeance....

Princess Isabelle loved Paolo, and it broke her heart to let him go. Now she needs his help. It will come at a price, but she has no choice.... They'll
Published (first published August 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Caretti's Forced Bride (Wedlocked!), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Caretti's Forced Bride (Wedlocked!)

Lynsey A
Jenny
Nov 29, 2013 Jenny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not the best JL book. Heroine was vain and spoiled and she cared about her image too much. The fact that she gave up her son and kept him a secret from his father for ten years is unforgivable as far as I'm concerned.

I liked the poor vulnerable hero and how he changed his life around and fought for the woman he loved even though he deserved better.
Jacqueline
Maybe 2-1/2 stars. It had some interesting elements but there seemed to be too much crammed into this book. Secret baby, royalty, mafia ties, kidnapping, motorcycle racing, secret princely half brother, other woman, drowning of heroine etc., etc., etc. Cut half of that out and I think it would have been a better story.
Marilyn
Nov 14, 2008 Marilyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yet again, Jennie Lucas delivers a wonderful story full of passion, anger, secrets, pride…..just a very enjoyable and moving love story set in the Mediterranean and surrounded by castles, villas, lush country side and the sea.

Princess Isabelle de Luceran is bound by duty and honor to her Country and her family. Even though her heart was ripped apart years ago when she left the only man she’d ever loved. Isabelle had refused his proposal and in the end let her sister talk her into giving up the b
justmeri_an
Fave scene:
“Do you like it?” Paolo could not answer her. He was afraid to move his tongue.Afraid it might make him taste more of what he had in his mouth.

“Tell me the truth,” Isabelle insisted.

He looked around wildly for an escape.The outdoor terrace was warm with sunlight and surrounded by flowers beneath swaying palm trees, overlooking the jutting cliffs of San Pedro Bay.

He was tempted to jump off the balustrade and take his chances with the rocks.

---this part was so hilarious. I swear. And sw
Roub
Nov 11, 2012 Roub rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
think this book deserved more than a 5 star !! one of the best mills & boons book i ever read
Cady Lorenzana
There are a lot of standards and happenings that I need or liked/loved in a story. I love plots like Secret Baby, royal life, reunited romance, Cinderella type even on the other way around, Princess and the Pauper theme and shot gun marriage. And I couldn't even believe that in a single book, it can all happened.

All the elements was here... All that I have mentioned above was here. And I also have a bonus! Its the sizzling love scenes!

Fine, I admit, I am a little conservative (What? Hahaha) but
Lady Jaye
I haven't read a single book by Ms. Lucas that I haven't liked. This one is also gold. Her writing, as usual, is very evocative and draws you into the story. This book was filled with a whole bunch of angst, even more than her usual; it made for great tension and holding interest while reading :)

Paolo is the hero of our tale, and what a yummy hero he is! Very likable, right from the get-go, and I found myself rooting for him immediately. And it stayed that way till the very end.

So, we have a g
Pamela Fernandes
Princess Isabelle and Paolo Caretti are in love and over the decade since their breakup have struggled without each other. This book has plenty of subplots that could have been developed into a more richer story, but for romance lovers, as it is -its okay. Good for a quick read. The turnaround from Paolo hating a vain and vapid Isabelle to being hopelessly in love with her was super fast. Good for an afternoon read
Becca
Jan 21, 2014 Becca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The hero was to die for! Arrogant but yet oh-so-vunerable. Sweet, romantic read.
Cara
Jun 04, 2009 Cara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. It's a typical Harlequin Presents, Alpha male, heroine in distress. The heroine is strong and the hero is written in such a way that he becomes more and more likeable as the story goes on. The author has written well-defined, believeable characters.
Mary-jane
Aug 19, 2012 Mary-jane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i actually rated it 5 stars in my mob but i can't guess why it's actually 5 stars?!
Adelyn
Mar 04, 2013 Adelyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
awesome read.. very touching and emotional............
Dee
Joyce Smith
Joyce Smith marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Dessy
Dessy added it
Jul 11, 2016
Tapana Patel
Tapana Patel rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2016
Aseel Daas
Aseel Daas rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2016
Joanna
Joanna rated it it was ok
Jul 03, 2016
Eva L
Eva L rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Johan Oliver
Johan Oliver marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Angie Fournier
Angie Fournier marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Crystal Messick
Crystal Messick rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2016
Jessica C.
Jessica C. rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2016
KMoodley
KMoodley rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2016
Tricia Lenhart
Tricia Lenhart rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2016
Berit Martinson
Berit Martinson rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2016
Memoriesandsuch
Memoriesandsuch rated it it was ok
May 11, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Claiming His Pregnant Wife
  • The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (The Marriage Bargain, #1)
  • Wife: Bought and Paid for
  • Untouched Until Marriage
  • Wife in the Shadows
  • Tempestuous Reunion
  • The Spanish Husband
  • Royally Bedded, Regally Wedded (By Royal Command, #6)
  • Angelo's Captive Virgin
  • Breaking Point
  • The Savakis Mistress (Modern Romance, #889)
  • Katrakis's Sweet Prize
  • Androletti's Mistress (Modern Romance)
  • Strangers in the Desert
Jennie Lucas had a tragic beginning for any would-be writer: a very happy childhood. Her parents owned a bookstore, and she grew up surrounded by books, dreaming about faraway lands. Her mother read aloud to her in French when she was little; when she was ten, her father secretly paid her a dollar for every classic novel (Jane Eyre, War and Peace) that she read. As a chubby teenager, Jennie covere ...more
More about Jennie Lucas...