Start by marking “Atlantis Awakening (Warriors of Poseidon, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Atlantis Awakening

Alyssa Day

Atlantis Awakening (Warriors of Poseidon #2)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  3,792 ratings  ·  141 reviews
To rescue the world from an overwhelming evil, Poseidon's warriors have risen from Atlantis. Chief among them is Ven, serving as the King's Vengeance by birthright and by battle challenge. None can conquer him - except perhaps for one human female....

The Warrior...
Ven's mind is filled with duty. He must serve as Atlantean liaison to the humans in a war waged against the va
Published (first published November 6th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Atlantis Awakening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Atlantis Awakening

valee
This is a really good series. I still need to get to know the warriors better because not enough has been told about them yet. But we did get to know them a tiny bit more, specially Justice. The plot is terrific though. There were some major cliff hangers and now I'm dying to know what's going to happen. The romance is good, not of the best I have seen in this genre but good. There was even a slow part there in the middle, but very short, I got through it very fast.

I really like this series and
Megan Riverina Romantics/Meggerfly
In Alyssa Day's Atlantis Awakening, book two of her Warriors of Poseidon series, we are introduced to Erin Conners, a gem singer witch who want's revenge for the death of her family. Erin was told by Quinn, the Human leader of the Vampire and Shifter movement, that the Atlantean warriors looked like Greek gods come to life. She agreed with that statement 100% when she first sees Ven.

Ven, the King's Vengeance and second in line to the throne, was immediately attracted to Erin when she walked into
Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog)
This is the second book in the Warriors of Poseison series and this one focuses on Ven, Lord Vengeance, and his soul mate Erin. Erin is a gem singer, which is a rare and lost art, but Erin is being stalked by a master vampire, Caligula, yes that Caligula from all the history books, and they must defeat him, and get an ancient gem that is hidden underneath his lair. Without this gem, Riley and her unborn baby will die, will they get it in time?

This book was great, and a definate improvement on th
Laura the Highland Hussy
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
Pretty good start to a series. The heroine didn't really come to life for me, but I liked it for the Atlantis lore and I want to see where this series goes. I am definitely intrigued with Justice's character. Why do I always fall for the dark and tortured character in every series?
Kate
Oh, the Atlanteans. Major Alphas with the remarkable tendency to find their soulmates within weeks of each other after hundreds of years of alienation from the world above.

First, the good:

STEAMY. This is the word to best describe this book. Atlantis Rising was similar in the steamy part, but was more tender. Thinking back, that is what made these two books strikingly different. It's as if the very spirit of Ven is bound up in the book, no matter whose perspective is dominant.

Now, to move on...

I
(Kelly)~Got Fiction?~ Oakes
What can I say, I love Ven. The Prince's Vengence if you must.
Nothing like a tall tower of strength and sexy poseidon warrior to keep the story going.
Really, I thought this book of the series was written very well. Ms. Day knows how to weave the story web, supplying you with just enough of all the threads(characters) to keep you intrigued and wanting more. We have our lead character, don't get me wrong. But we also have Alaric, the high priest lurking in the back ground, hurting and in love bitt
Leontine
Atlantis Rising introduced me to a colorful cast of characters and it was evident in the very first pages of Atlantis Awakening that I was going to be in for an incredible ride as the story arc continues. My first thought as I closed this novel was that it isn’t often that I encounter a story that just about appeals to every desire I have as a paranormal reader. Let alone have a heroine who almost outshines the hero…almost. Let me take you on my train of thoughts regarding Atlantis Awakening…

Ven
Lover of Romance
After I was able to read the first book in the series, I was instantly hooked. So I bought Atlantis Awakening through Audible. After listening to the second in the series, I know that I am going to love this series. I have always loved mythology, and the way that Alyssa Day has mixed paranormal with Greek mythology and some spicy romance, absolutely draws in the reader. The story is about the younger brother on Conlin, Lord Vengeance. Ven has always had the priority of protecting his brother at ...more
Proserpine
Amazing story! I'm a Greek/Roman mythology and legend lover. The Atlantis Series really gives me what I need: mix of legend and mythology into one book! Atlantis Awakening is the second book of the series. I find the first book awesome and I waited almost a month until I was able to get the second one! (Thanks to Amazon.com)

At first, I didn't jump into the action: even if there was plenty of action! I don't know, maybe I wasn't in a good mood when I started Atlantis Awakening. I have it to put i
Mary
Nina Ivanova
Full review/Пълно ревю - Click, click :)

Следпрочитно:

Още от самото начало си беше ясно, че тази книга ще ми хареса повече от предходната. Най-малкото заради главния мъжки персонаж, Вен (или лорд Венджънс, но ако само можеше да си види той името, изписано на кирилица, щеше завинаги да си остане само Вен) ми беше по-интересен от брат си в първата. Вярно, пак си е типичен алфаджия, но с тази поредица си знаех с какво се захващам.
Същото важи и за неговата изгора тук – Ерин. Райли си беше скучничка,
MK (Food actvist)
Sep 12, 2008 MK (Food actvist) rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Kenyon, Atlantis based heros
Erin (witch, gem singer) meets Ven (Atlantean warrior) and plan to take down Caligula (master vampire). I liked this story (series) because even for the multiple storylines and character cutaways you still have a rich feeling of storytelling and can't wait to get finished and continue with the next book in the series. Atlantis Unleashed is Justice's story. His long blue braid always had me a little bit curious about "is he for real?" So I think we learn more about his background in the next book ...more
Lokki
This is the second book in Day's Atlantis series and I found I liked it a bit more than the first. It seemed to have a better flow and more action. This is Ven and Erin's story. Ven, the younger brother of High Prince Conlan who is the heir to the throne (from the first book) is a warrior who has the title of King's Vengeance. Erin is a witch who is discovering new powers. She has asked for an alliance with the Atlanteans in order to kill Caligula, a powerful (and of course evil) vampire that is ...more
Jules
This book really pissed me off. It started out fine, but I felt that Riley (from the previous book) became a selfish bitch with a martyr complex, and it gave the plot a ridiculously disgusting pro-life agenda:

(view spoiler)
Nickyrian
I know it is too good to be true that the notorious villain in this series has died in the first book. I guess the saying of "wild grass hard to die" is really true. Anubisa is back! Caligula, the ex Roman Emperor, is the one wrecking havoc to mankind and other supernaturals in this book. His desire to have Erin Connor as one of his pet has led him to his demise in the end. Good riddance!

Ven, the King's Vengeance, has been my favorite since book one. I enjoy his sense of humor, most especially t
Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections
This story has a lot more action and more darkness laced through the story than the first book, Atlantis Rising. Ven and Erin make a good couple. Erin is a witch one with very special powers and Ven in the King's Vengence, second in line for the Atlantean Crown. Their awakening for each other makes for a good love story.
Kaleigha
A definite step up from the first in the series, while keeping me interested for the future stories. I enjoyed both of the main characters, Ven being a favorite from the first book, and he got a worthy and deserving heroine. Good story and plotting, nice romance, and good action made me quite happy with this one.
Missy Jane
I'm glad I decided to reread this book to refresh my memory of this series. I'd forgotten what a great story it is. Other than a couple of love scenes at really inappropriate moments (we have to hurry to save everyone but love me first!) the story flowed well.
Angarad
I liked Ven but he just did too much to sound modern and cool. All his jokes and movies references... kind of annoyed me sometimes. However, I loved him with Erin, so protective almost feral. More so than Conlan even, surprisingly!!
As for Erin, a gem singer, she is very set in her way but learns so much about herself, she grows and matures before our eyes. She is very passionate too, making the 2 of them a perfect couples. Even better, their share the same humor :)

I love this serie, how all cha
Shannon
Ven, serving as the King's Vengeance
Erin Connors

The Characters

Erin is a spit fire. Ven better watch out cause she is going to keep him on his toes. I liked Ven, he's a beast when it comes to protecting his woman but also seems like a stand up, cool guy when not in imminent danger.

The Story

There was a lot of buildup and the final battle was pretty awesome.

Random Thoughts

It took me a bit to wrap my head around this new world, which is normal for me with paranormal universes. I'm still not
Bethany Frost
Ven and Erin's pairing is fantastic. Having the "King's Vengeance" fall for a witch that he self proclaimed to despise was awesome! Learning about the gem singer and having to find the ruby just added to the excitement. I was a little upset hearing about Riley's bad pregnancy, but it did help with the plot and help Erin as being a gem singer. Revisiting Quinn and Alaric also kept the plot going and made me turn the page again and again. Out of the whole book I was sad to have Justice go with the ...more
Tania
"Atlantis Awakening" by Alyssa Day. Book 2 of the Warriors of Poseidon series.

I LOVED THIS BOOK!! I can't even tell you how much I loved it. I loved Ven's character in the first book and was so happy that his book came next. And Erin as the heroine was a perfect match for him.

Ven is the King's Vengeneance and his brother, Conlan, happens to be the next King. There is a war brewing between vampires, shifters and humans and the Altantians, specifically the Warriors of Poseidon, are trying to keep
Petula
This is a series that must be read in order, or you won't have a clue what's happening.
Erin is a witch with an affinity to gem stones. They enhance her power with their songs. The coven that Erin belongs to want to gain the help of the Warriors of Poseidon to destroy the vampires that are over running the town. The ancient vampire who is in control is Caligula the Roman emperor. He has already killed the rest of Erin's family, and many from the coven.
Ven is the warrior known as the king's veng
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
~ 4 Awakening Stars ~

Atlantis Awakening is book two in the Warriors of Poseidon series by Alyssa Day. This is a good follow after the first book Atlantis Rising. We get lots of action, adventure, Hot Atlantan men, and women who complement them.

Ven, the King's Vengeance, head of the warrior training academy and second in line to the throne of Atlantis. He is pure alpha warrior.

Erin, a witch, gem singer which is a rare and a lost art. She does not know who she is, until the high witches in t
MaggieReadsRom
The thrilling ride continues with a vengeance. Alyssa Day has certainly delivered on the promising first installment of this amazing series. Giving me, as a reader, everything I was anticipating and even more.
This is book 3 in the series, the second full-length book and it left me with a very positive and urgent feeling of wanting and hungering. As the alpha-males in the books say: "MINE", all I can say is "MORE" and "NOW"!
I'm still dazzled by the genius plot, the unexpected turn of events and
Katrin
ok, i have to admit i knew this book would probably not be mind-blowing, i just took it with me to read a rather slim book while travelling. now i finished it and i will grant it 3 stars for the great idea of the atlantean warrior, the power of poseidon etc in a setting of today. really nice idea! it also does not seem to butcher greek mythology, which i really like. now this could have been a 5-star book if it a) would give the story more time to develop and not end it so abruptly, also to give ...more
Mara
This was a lot better than the first book. There was more development in the plot, there was tension, and action.

The heroine's magic sounded like fun, I must admit, and for the first time, I felt like Atlantis was a place the author actually imagined, and not some Bikini Bottom from Sponge Bob Squarepants rip-off.

The romance between Erin and Ven was more interesting than the previous couple's, though it was still too bland/generic for my taste. Also, the oh-so-dark and tormented secondary roma
Kimberly
I'm beginning to see that romance novels are not my thing. I read this because this series has been on my shelves forever and it was about time I read it. I bought it for a reason, right?
If I take out all the romance and sex stuff in the story, this book gets a 4 from me. But it was there, so I have to knock it back down to a 3.

The humor is great. There are a lot of funny characters. I was scared Ven was going to lose his personality after finding Erin. He didn't lose it, but he turned into a ca
Barb Lie
“Atlantis Awakening” is the second book of Alyssa Day’s Warriors of the Poseidon. T

“Atlantis Awakening”, is Ven’s book, and he is one of the warriors I loved the most, as the story of Warriors of the Poseidon began. Ven, the King's Vengeance and second in line to the throne, was sent to make an alliance with the witches to help defeat the vampires. Lord Vengeance was to meet Erin Connors, who represented the Seattle Circle of Lights (a coven of witches), to work out the arrangement in forming a
  • Wild Thing (Includes: Warriors of Poseidon, #1.5; Guardians, #1.5)
  • Shifter (Includes: Warriors of Poseidon, #2.5; Breeds, #15; Children of the Sea Prequel)
  • In Darkness Reborn (Paladins of Darkness, #3)
  • Red Kiss (Gods of Midnight, #2)
  • The Awakening (Immortals, #3)
  • The Gathering (Immortals, #4)
  • The Darkening (Immortals, #2)
  • The Black Dragon (Dragon #2)
  • The Nymph King (Atlantis, #3)
  • Running Scared (Sentinel Wars, #3)
  • Immortal Sea (Children of the Sea, #4)
  • Dawnkeepers (Nightkeepers, #2)
  • Noah (Nightwalkers, #5)
Alyssa Day is the pen name (and dark and tortured alter ego) of RITA award-winning author Alesia Holliday. She is a multiple finalist in the prestigious RITA awards for excellence in romance fiction and has won several awards for her novels.

ATLANTIS RISING was the first of Alyssa's Warriors of Poseidon novels for Berkley Publishing, and was featured on the cover of the March, 2007, issue of Roman
More about Alyssa Day...

Warriors of Poseidon (9 books)
  • Atlantis Rising (Warriors of Poseidon, #1)
  • Atlantis Unleashed (Warriors of Poseidon,  #3)
  • Atlantis Unmasked (Warriors of Poseidon, #4)
  • Atlantis Redeemed (Warriors of Poseidon, #5)
  • Atlantis Betrayed (Warriors of Poseidon, #6)
  • Vampire in Atlantis (Warriors of Poseidon, #7)
  • Heart of Atlantis (Warriors of Poseidon, #8)
  • Halloween in Atlantis (Warriors of Poseidon, #8.5)
Atlantis Rising (Warriors of Poseidon, #1) Atlantis Redeemed (Warriors of Poseidon, #5) Atlantis Unleashed (Warriors of Poseidon,  #3) Atlantis Unmasked (Warriors of Poseidon, #4) Vampire in Atlantis (Warriors of Poseidon, #7)

“През стаята премина смразяваща хладина и повечето воини, които стояха около масата, неволно отстъпиха крачка назад. След близо три века като върховен жрец, сигналът за влизането на Аларик беше непогрешим за всички тях. Той носеше силата на Посейдон, дори когато бе безформен като въздуха и невидим като дъха. Бренан, който бе облегнат на стола до този на Конлан, се поклони леко и се отдалечи към собственото си място. Аларик се материализира в рамките на няколко удара на сърцето – в един момент студеният хлад се спусна заплашително като смъртоносен шепот по гръбначният стълб на Вен, в следващия миг Аларик застана пред тях, а ръцете му бяха сключени около инкрустираните с изумруди дръжки на кинжала му. Той бе изцяло облечен в черно, както винаги, като някакъв атлантски войн на смъртта. Той грациозно се отпусна на стола си.” 0 likes