Start by marking “Shadow Spell (Seven Sorcerers #2)” as Want to Read:
Shadow Spell (Seven Sorcerers #2)

Shadow Spell (Seven Sorcerers #2)

Simeon Dark is the most powerful sorcerer in the land of the Drift. Mysterious, cunning, a shape-shifter, only he can stop the evil Strood and save the Drift from dying. But where is he?

Nin finds her way to Dark’s mansion—a strange castle with a garden and lake spilling into the sky. There she finds a ribbon of shadowy light: could this be the unsaid spell and the clue to
Published April 1st 2010 by Quercus Books

To ask other readers questions about Shadow Spell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow Spell

Roderick
Ok well. THIS WAS THE MOST AMAZING, NON-HARRY POTTER BOOK EVER!

Caro King has well developed characters and a great imagination in creating such greatness for her world, Nin our heroine, I loved her for her will to fight on, she wasn't lucky! she was a power all her own and boy did she prove that!

TAKE THAT STROOD! YOU GOT WHAT YOU DESERVED! [Insert spoilers here]  photo wcKZX.gif I loved how they found out who Simeon Dark was, that was a twister and Jonas, can't even begin to explain the shock I came to when i f
Anna Barrett
Apr 16, 2010 Anna Barrett rated it it was amazing
This stunning book is a brilliant sequel to 'Seven Soucerers' and creats amazing settings in the mind for the story to take place. With sudden twists and turns in the story it becomes addictive to the mind and is by far the best book I have ever read. In the first week I had it (which happens to be this week), I read it 3 times and I'm sure they'll be more. This story is unique, original, funny, adictive and is five star reading!! I hope Caro King writes more books set in the Drift, because ...more
Kim (Bookishly Me)
Recensie geschreven voor MagicTales.nl

4,5 sterren

De wereldopbouw van Caro King is gewoonweg geweldig. De Drift is zowel een mooie als een onheilspellende wereld, waar de meest onwerkelijke dingen gebeuren, de meest wonderbaarlijke en enge wezens wonen en waar niets is wat het lijkt. Veel van de personages uit de Zeven Magiërs zien we weer terug, maar we leren ook een paar nieuwe personages kennen. De personages zijn erg goed uitgewerkt en hebben allemaal hun ‘eigen ik’ en eigen aandeel in het ve
Cindy-Lou Who
Mar 04, 2012 Cindy-Lou Who rated it it was amazing
Annmarie Ager
May 29, 2011 Annmarie Ager rated it it was amazing
i felt like i was inside the book like i moved with the characters i loved everyone page and every thing that happened in the book. sometimes when your in the dark you find there is always light in the most darkest places and this book is like that with everyone dark patch there is a hero fighting in the light. and even the most strange characters can be hero's if the fight to be it. both seven sorcerers and shadow spell are amazing books you need to read them.
Soybean Soybean
Sep 25, 2011 Soybean Soybean rated it it was amazing
all my suspicions came to pass, and i'm glad jonas and skerridge had their happy endings. the bad guys got their just desserts and there is hope again for celidon. i do hope there will be further books on celidon and its folk as i'll miss reading this!
Cecilia Rodriguez
Mar 24, 2016 Cecilia Rodriguez rated it it was ok
Shelves: caro-king
The story picks up shortly after Nin has rescued her little brother. Nin is still trapped in the world of Drift. Both Nin and Drift are in grave danger from Arafin Strood. Her only chance, to find Simeon Dark, the most powerful sorcerer in the land of Drift.
Slaveofboredom
May 30, 2014 Slaveofboredom rated it really liked it
I love this book, true I was confused at some points in time and, Nin did get over Seth's death and her hand in his murder a little too quickly but I can write it off as there was more important things at hand.

I just wish there was at least one more book to this series.
scarlettraces
Sep 05, 2015 scarlettraces rated it really liked it
More engaging than its prequel - that's to say, the prequel didn't keep me reading the last few pages when I really should have been getting ready for work (#howdoyouadult). I liked the range of invention and the way the threads through both books are pulled together for a satisfying conclusion.
Martha
May 24, 2012 Martha rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, juv-ya
Okay, I have to admit that I didn't actually read the whole thing. I got past the blood-grown tiger-man & decided it wasn't for me. I did cheat & read the ending, though....
Missyk
Oct 10, 2015 Missyk rated it really liked it
This was a fun two book series. Interesting plot, a little magic, lots of weird creatures - a pleasant way to pass the time at softball today.
Sophie
Sophie rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2015
Blue Puffin
Blue Puffin rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2012
Dalbro
Dalbro rated it really liked it
May 01, 2016
Helisann
Helisann rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2013
Brenda
Brenda rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2014
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2016
Anna
Anna rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2016
Shiemi
Shiemi rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2012
Misae Akiko
Misae Akiko rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2014
Crystal Rose
Crystal Rose rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2012
Elise Cee
Elise Cee rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2016
Gabriel
Gabriel rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2011
Kiera
Kiera rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2013
Nick Nguyen
Nick Nguyen rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2015
Ramakant
Ramakant rated it it was ok
Dec 01, 2016
Anne
Anne rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2014
Priya Saini Dhull
Priya Saini Dhull rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2016
Hailey
Hailey rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2015
Div
Div rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Water Thief (Universal Companions, #1)
  • The Rainbow Wand (Fairy Realm, #10)
  • Magical Mischief
  • Curses & Ash (Coral & Bone, #2)
  • The Silver Dolphin (Mermaid Curse, #1)
  • Kimæras hævn (Vildheks, #3)
  • The Crowfield Demon (Crowfield Abbey, #2)
  • The Vengeful Half
  • Digital Ink: Writing Killer Fiction in the E-Book Age
  • The Vanishing Island (The Chronicles of the Black Tulip #1)
  • Alica
  • The Bone Magician (Tales From The Sinister City, #2)
  • Soul Stealer (The Alchemist's Son #2)
  • Black Arts (The Books of Pandemonium #1)
  • Pure Dead Frozen (Pure Dead #6)
  • Escape from Castle Cant
CARO KING was born in London and raised in Surrey. She did a foundation art course at university and tackled a series of widely varied jobs before joining the Civil Service, working in the Official Receiver's office. She now works part-time and lives in Surrey with her husband, Kevin, writing and restoring their Edwardian house.

Seven Sorcerers came from a rainy lunchtime when she began mapping out
More about Caro King...

Seven Sorcerers (2 books)
  • Seven Sorcerers (Seven Sorcerers #1)

“The Widdern — the non-magical world, where science rules and many people believe that magic only exists in books. They’re wrong.” 3 likes