Start by marking “Tender Savage” as Want to Read:
Tender Savage

Tender Savage

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  366 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Lara Clavel has come to the Caribbean prepared to risk her life to free Ricardo Lazaro, legendary poet-warrior and rebel leader. Once in his cramped cell, she feels a savage desire to be possessed by him, and Ricardo is trapped by circumstance into taking all that this golden angel offers.
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published April 27th 2010 by AudioGO (first published September 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Tender Savage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tender Savage

Regan Walker
Tender Romance From the Caribbean.

I have learned to love Iris Johansen's romances (I've listed some of my favorites at the bottom of this review). One thing many have in common is wonderfully complex plots, multifaceted characters and exotic locales. I loved this story, and like the related story, ONE TOUCH OF TOPAZ, it takes place in the Caribbean. While I recommend it, I cannot give it 5 stars because like TOPAZ, it's lacking some meat in my mind. That is, I wanted more story, more plot, more
Joannie
So not like her others books that Iris Johansen writes. This was a very quick easy to read (about 1.5 hours). Kept you entertained while reading it. Amde you want to know what was going to happen.
Andria
Fun, fluffy read, but I was disappointed that we started out in both Lara and Ricardo's heads and then about 100 pages in, we just get the story from Lara.
Kari
Tender Savage (Loveswept, September 1990) was a better book than One Touch of Topaz. I liked it a lot more than the first book. Laura was a great character. She was a strong person and had a lot of guts. Any woman who is willing to go through what she did just to rescue a man from imprisonment would have to be,. I thought the characters were a bit more realistic and more mature.

Laura and Ricardo have a great chemistry together. I was so frustrated with Ricardo and his insistence that he couldn'
Janice
Like watching a TV show. Not really what I expected.OK
Christine
What a great story. Some not so nice accomodations but at least the outcome was better at the end then the start. Lara being stubborn went to help Ricardo so that her twin brother Brett would not be part of the revolution. She bit off way more than she could chew. Some tender moments, ha ha moments and some ahhhh- wipe away the tear moments. Would love if there was a followup to their story.
Alice
I waited 8 months to get this from the library. Since I've read all the other romance novels that the library had by Iris Johansen, I wanted to read this one. There's still a long line of readers who have put a hold on this. Ms. Johansen does not disappoint.
Amy Grossman
Another light romance novel, but this one actually had a bit more depth to it. Captured more of the emotion, and you really saw the connection between the hero and heroine (Ricardo & Lara). I recommend this book for the romance novel lover
Sharron
Typical lust in the dust with a bit more of a story line than others . Who did not think the ending would be as it was? I like the author's suspense- without the sexual tension- stories better.
Barb
A clear 5 star in every sense. Great story, typical Johansen plot. You don't know till the end of the book what will happen. Very well written. 5 stars don't do it justice.
Kathie
I listened to it on a playaway (electronic recording from the library). I didn't realize it was going to be so "steamy" but yet so tender.
Sherri Clark
What's not to like about a cheesy, unrealistic, love story between a freedom fighting rebel and as all-American 21 year old?
Janet
This book was so predictable that it was funny. Very cheesy and corny. A tough one to listen too.
Sonya
I read in high school and with this original cover they have been revised and are still great!
C.mills
Not great but an easy read..too much like a harlequin romance
Bana
Another trashy and hot story by Iris Johansen.
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Vali Kowdar
Vali Kowdar marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Korea Lugo
Korea Lugo marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Joanita
Joanita marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Monteze Brown
Monteze Brown marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
  • Rafe, The Maverick (The Shamrock Trinity, #1) (The Delaneys, #1)
  • McKnight in Shining Armor
  • The Secret Love Child
  • A Prince for Jenny (Loveswept, No 656)
  • Kiss and Tell (Sunrise Key Trilogy #1)
  • Blackmail
  • Bad Boy of New Orleans
Iris Johansen is a New York Times bestselling author. She began her writing after her children left home for college. She first achieved success in the early 1980s writing category romances. In 1991, Johansen began writing suspense historical romance novels, starting with the publication of The Wind Dancer. In 1996 Johansen switched genres, turning to crime fiction, with which she has had great su ...more
More about Iris Johansen...
The Killing Game (Eve Duncan, #2) The Face Of Deception (Eve Duncan, #1) The Search (Eve Duncan, #3) Eve (Eve, Quinn and Bonnie #1) Body of Lies (Eve Duncan, #4)