Start by marking “Biscuit Wants to Play” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Biscuit Wants to Play

Alyssa Satin Capucilli

Biscuit Wants to Play (World of Biscuit Beginning Reader)

When Biscuit meets two little kittens, he wants to be friends. He wants to play ball and run around. But the kittens are having too much fun with their own games to play with him. Biscuit doesn't give up, though, and soon the kittens find out what a good friend he can be.

This playful story is just right for young readers who are busy making friends of their own.

Other Format
Published May 12th 2009 by Paw Prints (first published January 1st 2001)

Maxzine Rossler
Biscuit Wants to Play is a book about a curious young puppy with a big heart. He discovers some kittens and only wants to play with them. At first, they are not in a hurry to play with Biscuit, but once the kittens get into trouble Biscuit comes to their rescue. The illustrations really help the reader connect with the innocence of Biscuit just wanting to play with the kittens.

This book puts into perspective that even though cats and dogs are not supposed to like each other they can get along. T
Alisha Ptacek
Personal Reaction- This book is really cute and I think that children who are dog lovers and cat lovers will really enjoy this book. This book shows the personalities of dogs and cats, which makes it really fun and enjoyable to read. This is a very good beginning to read book, because of its big fount and simple language.

Read aloud- This book does not have any beneficial value to read it aloud because it lacks a strong storyline.

Independent reading. This is a very good beginning to read book for
Dolly
May 30, 2010 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: beginning readers and parents reading with them
Shelves: childrens, pets, 2010
I don't know what it is about these books. They are short, simple stories for beginning readers with adorable illustrations, but they make me twitch. I think it's the fact that there's a "Meow" or a "Woof" on every page. It just irritates me, but our girls seem to like it. We read these books together and I encourage them to read as much as possible.
Meg McGregor
Apr 29, 2014 Meg McGregor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-to-lexi
Biscuit is back and in this book he is eager to make friends with the two new kittens!

At first the kittens really don't want to play with him but after Biscuit helps rescue them from a tall tree, they soon become best pals!

A sweet story to help little ones realize it may take time to make a friend but it definitely worth it.
Sweet's Family Bookshelves
Easy reader. Cute book about a dog named Biscuit. In this book Biscuit wants to play with the kittens. They play a variety of ways. My kindergartner loved the simple and playful story full of easy sight words.
Jen
Feb 01, 2011 Jen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
My boys like stories about animals, so Biscuit is a hit with them! They are short enough and easy enough to read that it doesn't get too boring for them to read. They love the animal sounds such as the woof, woof or meow on the pages. They had to repeat right after me!
jacky
Jan 18, 2015 jacky rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: early-reader
William saw the picture of this book at the back of several of his other Biscuit books. I just couldn't find it at the library, so I bought it for him. Exactly what you would expect for Biscuit. Simple text, cute pictures, little peak in the plot near the end.
Monique Mcdonald
great childrens book, fun to just read for enjoyment. It definitly is an easy read for early elementary school students. There are plenty of sight words so they can read the book themselves with minimal help. This is more like a great starter book.
Brooke
Nov 16, 2016 Brooke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Something about Biscuit. Such a good series about an adorable puppy.
Kelley
Jan 23, 2017 Kelley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good beginning reader book with a cute story and simple words.
NALANI DEVENDRA
Jacqueline
Jan 03, 2011 Jacqueline rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Biscuit really wants to play with the kittens every time the kittens play the kittens find a butterfly and then they find an ant under a flower pot and biscuit really wants to do that to.
Nicole
Oct 24, 2011 Nicole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-books
Really simpler first reader. Great for my son to practice and gain confidence in his reading skills.
ABC
Aug 10, 2011 ABC rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute book with kitties.
Gabriel Dubransky
It's a really fun book. I like its cover and its back. I like the pictures in it. I like its title.
Katieb (MundieMoms)
These are great in teaching my son to read.
Cassandra
Cuteness overload! Biscuit is a favorite of both my daughter and I.
Heather Jo
Sep 24, 2016 Heather Jo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: meggie-list
Rosa Cline
Feb 14, 2016 Rosa Cline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, spring
This is a "My First I Can Read Book" repetitive words per pages and easy small sentences per page. Biscuit is an adventurous puppy. In this book he becomes friends with two kittens.
Sarah Adamson
Another fun early reader book. The repetitive nature of the woof and meow words actually got my 4 year old to read them by herself tonight so this book gets an extra star for that!
Laura Elizabeth
Again, I recommend this for anyone with small children learning to read. My niece and nephew love this and all the Biscuit stories.
Ashley Brown
Oct 09, 2015 Ashley Brown rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture
Biscuit wants to play with the kittens but they don't want to until they need saving.

setting- a farm

grade- Pre-K/K

use- I would use this to teach my students to always include each other
Isaac Thercellya
The main character is Biscuit.
The problem of the story is when the kittens get stuck in the tree.
At the end, Biscuit wants to play with the kittens and they want to play with him too.
Tuyet Tran
Nov 23, 2010 Tuyet Tran rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Students will like this book because the words are easy to read and understand. My students are mostly checked out this book.
Annie
Sep 09, 2014 Annie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I read by myself! :)
Nikki
May 04, 2016 Nikki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
My kid loves small animals, and these Biscuit books are perfect for her.
Takeisha Hannor
Biscuit finds a new friend and he wants to play with him. I love this beginning book and so does my son!
Him
Him rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2016
Christine
Christine rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2016
Marie
Marie rated it it was ok
Sep 27, 2014
  • Bob Books, Set 1: Beginning Readers
  • Itchy, Itchy Chicken Pox
  • Chicken Said "Cluck!" (My First I Can Read)
  • Curious George's First Day of School
  • Thomas and the Jet Engine (Thomas & Friends: Step Into Reading)
  • Mouse Makes Words: A Phonics Reader
  • Hiccups For Elephant (level 2)
  • Pinkalicious and the Pinkatastic Zoo Day
  • Hot Dog
  • Cowgirl Kate and Cocoa: Partners
  • Henry and Mudge in the Green Time (Henry and Mudge, #3)
  • Fred and Ted Go Camping
  • P. J. Funnybunny Camps Out (Step into Reading)
  • Pigs Make Me Sneeze! (Elephant & Piggie, #10)
  • Papa Piccolo
  • Clifford Makes a Friend
  • Fancy Nancy: Poison Ivy Expert (I Can Read Level 1)
Alyssa Satin Capucilli was born in Brooklyn, New York, in 1957. She graduated from Sarah Lawrence College, and pursued her interest in dance, becoming a professional dancer and dance instructor. Though Capucilli had written stories, poems, and even puppet shows as a child, she didn't consider a career as a writer until after her own two children were born. To this day she sees herself as both a da ...more
More about Alyssa Satin Capucilli...

World of Biscuit Beginning Reader (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Biscuit