Start by marking “A Prince Among Frogs (Tales of the Frog Princess, # 8)” as Want to Read:
A Prince Among Frogs (Tales of the Frog Princess, # 8)

A Prince Among Frogs (The Tales of the Frog Princess #8)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  1,468 ratings  ·  74 reviews

Princess Millie and her fiancé, Audun, are busy preparing for their wedding when trouble starts brewing in Greater Greensward. Millie's baby brother, Felix, has been kidnapped and is trapped in a swamp full of other frogs. With all the adults busy fixing problems elsewhere in the kingdom, it's up to Millie and Audun to find him—but they need all the help they can get to f

Published September 28th 2010 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens (first published September 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about A Prince Among Frogs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Prince Among Frogs

Cinder by Marissa MeyerElla Enchanted by Gail Carson LevineScarlet by Marissa MeyerThe Goose Girl by Shannon HalePrincess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George
Classic Fairytales Retold
48th out of 219 books — 129 voters
Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson LevinePrincess Academy by Shannon HaleThe Goose Girl by Shannon HaleThe Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson LevineThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Best Pre Teen Female Fantasy Novels
367th out of 514 books — 918 voters

More lists with this book...

Julia
I'm conflicted. On the one hand, I thought this was a fun and charming read. On the other hand... I feel this series has dragged on WAY too long.

The series began 7 books ago with The Frog Princess, which I loved. Books 1-4 chronicled the adventures of Princess Emma, her Prince Eadric, and other creature she met on the way as they overcome magical problems in the kingdom of Greater Greensward. The author then released what I will refer to as book 5, although chronically it comes before the first
Kate
Princess Millie and her soon-to-be husband, Audun, are buried up to their necks in wedding day preparations. Trying to make everything perfect for their (hopefully) perfect day. Unfortunately for them, life has a way of interfering. And it seems that their only hope of living happily ever after depends on them.

A Prince Among Frogs is a delightful novel filled with magic and wonder. Prior to reading this novel, I was unaware that this is a series of novels all centered around the Frog Princess, w
Kerri
If this one had not been the last in the series I would not have continued with it. The set-up was bad, the characters acted like total morons through the whole book. The baby prince is kidnapped. Through the entire series it has been pointed out that dragons are able to find things with magic, and Millie has done so on more than one occasion, but when it comes to finding her own flesh-and-blood-baby-brother the thought does not even cross anyone's mind? Or her parents? She keeps having to go th ...more
Alexa
Jan 21, 2014 Alexa is currently reading it
Alexa Larson
The Prince among frogs

This book has great cultural information in the story. It is based off wizards, dragons, trolls and other mythical creatures. This shows how some cultures tell stories and some background information of what they believed. The adventures and troubles the characters go through to get to their destination shows great motivation and could help people believe in themselves. This book would be great to put on a computer because it will help the humans have a great l
Giselle Bradley
Can I just say that this book really ticked me off and Milly is an annoying brat and everyone else is kind of idiotic? I really enjoyed the rest of this series but this book just got under my skin.
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Kira M for TeensReadToo.com

With their wedding just around the corner, Millie and Audun have their hands full getting the castle ready for a celebration filled with dragons, humans, and people on both sides who don't like each other.

When Millie's mother, father, great-aunt, and great-uncle all get called away on magical business, Millie, Audun, and her cousin, Francis, are left to take care of the kingdom and whatever other business comes up. When her little brother, Felix, is kidnapp
Robyn
Perhaps unfortunately for me, I picked up this book without realizing it was book 7 in a series. I may have enjoyed it more if I'd read the first six as intended, but I'll never know that now. A Prince Among Frogs is a fun little story with decent action and an interesting set of characters in situations appropriate for it's audience, but it was still lacking something I couldn't quite put my finger on. Maybe it wasn't tightly written enough, or possibly I was just lacking the background connect ...more
Hanna
I lov the book! It is so descriptive and so imaginative . The book is very fantasyish and very addicting to me. 애들아 이 책을 일거. For Koreans
Jeri Larsen
All the E.D. Baker ones are fun--perfect for 7-12-year-olds (and the occasional 33-year-old:) and well-written, to boot.
REALLY GOOD but (theres always a but!) a little too young for me:P i started this series back in the 5th grade (actually the summer before) and fell in love with it! then when i got the Dragon Princess book, i liked it but i enjoyed Emma + Eadric more. This one was great but like i said, too young cuz its likie, a 5th grade book! younger actually i think cuz Emma+Eadric even seemed like a older-type book....ANYWAYS im glad the whole frog thing was incorporated cuz i liked Emma as a frog (and dra ...more
Raven Roth
For a final book, alright... Not my favorite plot line for the end of a series with a very lovable character
Miss Clark
Laurie
It's been a year since I last worked on this series and I kept wondering why I didn't remember how the current relations had come to be... Then I realized I missed a book. The numbering of the series has changed on Goodreads since last year (the now listed #5 book used to be listed as 0.5 as it is a prequel). So I thought I was on book 7 and that's exactly what this used to be listed as. Oops. So this suffered a little for me but even now that I've read the previous book it's still just ok cute. ...more
It seemed slow at first but picked up in the last part of the book.
Mia
Cute book. Liked it a lot. 3 stars though.
Liana
Oh, okay. So this is book 7 and I got it thinking it was book 8. kfadljf;klsajskl;aj Well, this is a fun conclusion to the Tales of the Frog Princess. Kind of reminds me of Kristin Cashore's BITTERBLUE, where Princess Bitterblue is the main character, where Katsa, main character in GRACELING, the first book in the series, is a side character. It's mainly about someone's little brother getting kidnapped and turned into a frog. Eh. Everyone should read this series. (:
Mary
The price is taken by the trolls and the frog princess's daughter and boyfriend must go look for him.

This was a ok book but not as thrilling as I had hoped just from reading all the other books I exspected more. I recommend the whole series but read them in order or it gets way to confusing. This is more for middle school teens but If you like fantasy as much as I do read it!
Elevetha
Millie and her fiancé, Audun, are on two missions. One: to plan their wedding. Two: to rescue Millie's younger brother. Not necessarily in that order. Felix is now a frog. In a swamp. Where there are hundreds of other frogs. Talk about a specific needle in a haystack of look alike needles. The final book in the Tales of the Frog Princess series. Cute but not my favorite in the series.
Jessie
Last book in the Frog Princess series. It was good, but not a stand-out in the series. It was nice to see the series wrapped up though. My favorite books in the series were Once Upon a Curse (#3), Dragon Princess (#5) and Dragon Kiss (#6). Independent from this series, I found The Wide Awake Princess to be absolutely delightful, and very clever.
Sheralyn
Though not as funny as her first books starring Emma, Baker does a wonderful job continuing her tale and increasing the enjoyment. I am by no means tired of her story and have loved all the adventures; especially the return of Emma as a frog and a dragon. I was also delighted to see much more of Eadric then previously, my all-time favorite character!
Cheryl
I'm sorry, but the premise is getting more stale, the characterizations and themes more thin, and the adventures more contrived. Two stars means 'it was ok' and it was. And if there comes a book 9 and my library system buys it, I'll read it. But I'm wondering if my overall rec. for this series for you is 'read the first, then stop.'
Hanna
Aug 15, 2011 Hanna rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
This series has been so cute! Although I do think that the series has dragged in a little too much, I like this book as the finale because it follows along the lines of the first books. Princess millies younger brother has been kidnapped and turned into a frog, and Millie, her fiancé audun, and her parents have to go and find him.
This is, I believe, the final tale of the Frog Princess and while I enjoyed them, I'd be glad to see them end. I don't love Millie and Audun as much as I loved Emma and Eadric so the last few books have been only okay for me. That being said, they're quite nice to listen to because they are pleasant and generally cheerful.
Debbie
My daughter and I liked this book. It was a good sequel to all of the other ones. We hope that there will be more books about the characters in the series. It would be interesting to read about the children that Millie and Audun have and if Olebald or his brother cause trouble for everyone again.
Beth
When Princess Millie's baby brother is kidnapped just before her wedding, it's up to Millie and her fiance, dragon Audun, to save the day. Adventure, humor, and family conflict tie up the series and bring characters from the previous volumes together. Once again, spunky Millie saves the day.
Maia
This book was a perfect last book in the series. I love the way Millie & Audan's relationship is true and realistic, and develops throughout the book. The characters are all funny, and unsolved problems & characters throughout the series are resolved. So funny and cute, and an awesome book.
Rachel Wheeler
I love this whole series. This is book 7 in the series and the final one. Disney stole the idea and created the Princess and the Frog from this series, but it is nothing like the movie. Just an overall better story. My 9 year old has loved them too.
Julie
Maybe I should have spaced these books out a little. I may have enjoyed them more that way because I would not have noticed all of the little inconsistencies. Anyway, glad I read the series, glad I'm finished... at least until the author adds more.
Makenna
This was an alright ending to a series that started out fabulous, but slowly got more mundane. What E.D. Baker should've done (in my opinion) is had this book told in Audun's POV again, like the previous book, Millie just isn't as good as Audun.
Marcie
A satisfying ending to a well-done series. Millie is now my daughter's favorite character - and one I don't mind being her role model for a time. :) Haven't we all wanted to be a princess (or prince) who has magic at one time in our lives?
  • Princess of the Wild Swans
  • Sleeping Beauty: The One Who Took the Really Long Nap (Twice Upon a Time, #2)
  • The Royal Treatment (Princess for Hire, #2)
  • Dragon Spear (Dragon Slippers, #3)
  • Once Upon a Toad
  • The Runaway Princess (Runaway Princess, #1)
  • The Fairy's Return and Other Princess Tales
  • My Unfair Godmother (My Fair Godmother, #2)
  • The Wild Orchid: A Retelling of "The Ballad of Mulan" (Once Upon a Time Fairytales)
  • Of Giants and Ice
  • 13 Secrets (Thirteen Treasures, #3)
  • Circle of Heroes (The Familiars, #3)
  • Myka Finds Her Way (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #17)
  • The Second Spy (The Books of Elsewhere, #3)
  • Fangtabulous (Vamped, #4)
  • Philippa Fisher's Fairy Godsister (Philippa Fisher, #1)
E.D. Baker (Elizabeth Dawson Baker) made her international debut in 2002 with The Frog Princess, which was a Texas Lone Star Reading List Book, A Book Sense Children's Pick, a Florida's Sunshine State Readers List pick & a 2006 Sasquatch Book Award nominee. The Princess and the Frog, is loosely based on this novel.

Elizabeth was born in Buffalo, New York and spent most of the next eighteen yea
More about E.D. Baker...

The Tales of the Frog Princess (8 books)
  • The Frog Princess (Tales of the Frog Princess, #1)
  • Dragon's Breath (Tales of the Frog Princess, #2)
  • Once Upon a Curse (Tales of the Frog Princess, #3)
  • No Place for Magic (The Tales of the Frog Princess, #4)
  • The Salamander Spell (Tales of the Frog Princess, #5)
  • The Dragon Princess (Tales of the Frog Princess, #6)
  • Dragon Kiss (The Tales of the Frog Princess, #7)
The Frog Princess (Tales of the Frog Princess, #1) Once Upon a Curse (Tales of the Frog Princess, #3) Dragon's Breath (Tales of the Frog Princess, #2) The Wide-Awake Princess (Wide-Awake Princess, #1) No Place for Magic (The Tales of the Frog Princess, #4)

“Who would have thought that a human and a dragon could make such a perfect match?” 6 likes