Start by marking “A Prince Among Frogs (Tales of the Frog Princess, # 8)” as Want to Read:
A Prince Among Frogs (Tales of the Frog Princess, # 8)

A Prince Among Frogs (The Tales of the Frog Princess #8)

4.03  ·  Rating Details ·  2,038 Ratings  ·  90 Reviews

Princess Millie and her fiancé, Audun, are busy preparing for their wedding when trouble starts brewing in Greater Greensward. Millie's baby brother, Felix, has been kidnapped and is trapped in a swamp full of other frogs. With all the adults busy fixing problems elsewhere in the kingdom, it's up to Millie and Audun to find him—but they need all the help they can get to f

Published September 28th 2010 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens (first published September 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about A Prince Among Frogs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Prince Among Frogs

Julia Yard
Sep 06, 2010 Julia Yard rated it liked it
I'm conflicted. On the one hand, I thought this was a fun and charming read. On the other hand... I feel this series has dragged on WAY too long.

The series began 7 books ago with The Frog Princess, which I loved. Books 1-4 chronicled the adventures of Princess Emma, her Prince Eadric, and other creature she met on the way as they overcome magical problems in the kingdom of Greater Greensward. The author then released what I will refer to as book 5, although chronically it comes before the first
Kate
Sep 05, 2010 Kate rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2010
Princess Millie and her soon-to-be husband, Audun, are buried up to their necks in wedding day preparations. Trying to make everything perfect for their (hopefully) perfect day. Unfortunately for them, life has a way of interfering. And it seems that their only hope of living happily ever after depends on them.

A Prince Among Frogs is a delightful novel filled with magic and wonder. Prior to reading this novel, I was unaware that this is a series of novels all centered around the Frog Princess, w
Stephanie
Nov 28, 2014 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
This book was so good! I can't believe this is the last book in my favorite series. I've been reading this series since middle school and I'm so sad that this series is over. This was an amazing end to the series. Can she please write another spin-off series based on Millie's kids. I'm gonna cry, at least I can always reread the books. This is one of my fav series of all time :)
Giselle Bradley
May 20, 2011 Giselle Bradley rated it it was ok
Can I just say that this book really ticked me off and Milly is an annoying brat and everyone else is kind of idiotic? I really enjoyed the rest of this series but this book just got under my skin.
Kate
Sep 30, 2016 Kate rated it really liked it
This was a fun read. It was in keeping with the rest of the series.
Gwen Maddela-potter
Dec 22, 2016 Gwen Maddela-potter rated it liked it
I thought this was the last book in the series but apparently the author decided to make another one and it's going to be released next year. Although, judging from the synopsis of that book, that would take place during the earlier years of the frog princess. This was a cute series. I don't think the author should have another book after this but oh well. I like that E.D. Baker tends to have the unconventional princesses as her protagonists.
J.D.Staton
Oct 21, 2015 J.D.Staton rated it liked it
A weak and rather pathetic concluding book in The Tales of the Frog Princess book series. In this story, Emma has given birth to an infant son, Felix, despite the fact her only other child (Millie) is in her mid-teens and preparing to get married to her boyfriend of brief acquaintance, Audun (a major issue I have with this entire book series is that it focuses on brief courtships and very young [early to mid-teen] marriages - a forced reality of life during the middle ages but the worst possible ...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Kira M for TeensReadToo.com

With their wedding just around the corner, Millie and Audun have their hands full getting the castle ready for a celebration filled with dragons, humans, and people on both sides who don't like each other.

When Millie's mother, father, great-aunt, and great-uncle all get called away on magical business, Millie, Audun, and her cousin, Francis, are left to take care of the kingdom and whatever other business comes up. When her little brother, Felix, is kidnapp
Alexa
Jan 10, 2014 Alexa is currently reading it
Alexa Larson
The Prince among frogs

This book has great cultural information in the story. It is based off wizards, dragons, trolls and other mythical creatures. This shows how some cultures tell stories and some background information of what they believed. The adventures and troubles the characters go through to get to their destination shows great motivation and could help people believe in themselves. This book would be great to put on a computer because it will help the humans have a great l
Kerri
Dec 25, 2014 Kerri rated it did not like it
If this one had not been the last in the series I would not have continued with it. The set-up was bad, the characters acted like total morons through the whole book. The baby prince is kidnapped. Through the entire series it has been pointed out that dragons are able to find things with magic, and Millie has done so on more than one occasion, but when it comes to finding her own flesh-and-blood-baby-brother the thought does not even cross anyone's mind? Or her parents? She keeps having to go th ...more
Kimberly Fields
Jan 29, 2016 Kimberly Fields rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, childrens
A Prince Among Frogs was a fitting and enjoyable end to the Princess and the Frog series. I liked that this book brought the series full circle with another prince turned frog. It was a nice way to tie the whole story back to the beginning. I enjoyed seeing the full cast of characters from the previous books return, too, although many of them were sadly flat and one-dimensional in this book (I'm looking at you, Emma, Eadric, Grassina, and Haywood). I also would have appreciated a some fresh new ...more
Robyn
Mar 06, 2011 Robyn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Perhaps unfortunately for me, I picked up this book without realizing it was book 7 in a series. I may have enjoyed it more if I'd read the first six as intended, but I'll never know that now. A Prince Among Frogs is a fun little story with decent action and an interesting set of characters in situations appropriate for it's audience, but it was still lacking something I couldn't quite put my finger on. Maybe it wasn't tightly written enough, or possibly I was just lacking the background connect ...more
Barbi Faye (The Book Fae)
Feb 17, 2016 Barbi Faye (The Book Fae) rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fantasy readers
Recommended to Barbi Faye (The Book Fae) by: me
Princess Millie & Audun, are preparing for their wedding when trouble starts brewing in Greater Greensward. Millie's baby brother has been kidnapped, transformed, & is trapped in a swamp full of other frogs. With all the magical adults busy fixing problems elsewhere in the kingdom, it's up to them to find him & they need all the help they can get to fight the family's oldest nemesis, the wizard Olebald. From the deep sea to the soaring skies, our two half dragon heroes will stop at n ...more
Miss Clark
Apr 06, 2011 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
REALLY GOOD but (theres always a but!) a little too young for me:P i started this series back in the 5th grade (actually the summer before) and fell in love with it! then when i got the Dragon Princess book, i liked it but i enjoyed Emma + Eadric more. This one was great but like i said, too young cuz its likie, a 5th grade book! younger actually i think cuz Emma+Eadric even seemed like a older-type book....ANYWAYS im glad the whole frog thing was incorporated cuz i liked Emma as a frog (and dra ...more
Shawna
Aug 14, 2015 Shawna rated it liked it
I read this after having had a huge gap in between reading the book before this one, so I enjoyed going back to the world of the Frog Princess. On the other hand, this book was not as enjoyable as the previous ones. I think it just went on a little too long. Personally my favorites were when Eadric and Emma were the ones having the adventures, but I did enjoy the other books.

I am glad I finally finished the series though! This series will always have a special place in my heart. I think I starte
Laurie
Sep 22, 2013 Laurie rated it liked it
It's been a year since I last worked on this series and I kept wondering why I didn't remember how the current relations had come to be... Then I realized I missed a book. The numbering of the series has changed on Goodreads since last year (the now listed #5 book used to be listed as 0.5 as it is a prequel). So I thought I was on book 7 and that's exactly what this used to be listed as. Oops. So this suffered a little for me but even now that I've read the previous book it's still just ok cute. ...more
Shae
Feb 18, 2015 Shae rated it liked it
This book felt like there wasn't much to wrap up, but the author really wanted to write another book. I like the characters from this generation better than the original, and it was fun how they referenced things that happened in all of the previous books and unseen consequences, but it started to feel choppy. It also felt like she forced some conflict between the characters. Less impressed, but definitely glad the series is wrapped up.
Liana
May 20, 2012 Liana rated it it was amazing
Oh, okay. So this is book 7 and I got it thinking it was book 8. kfadljf;klsajskl;aj Well, this is a fun conclusion to the Tales of the Frog Princess. Kind of reminds me of Kristin Cashore's BITTERBLUE, where Princess Bitterblue is the main character, where Katsa, main character in GRACELING, the first book in the series, is a side character. It's mainly about someone's little brother getting kidnapped and turned into a frog. Eh. Everyone should read this series. (:
Leah Francis
Nov 24, 2013 Leah Francis rated it liked it
I really just read this to finish the series up. The first books were some of my favorite in elementary/middle school, they were so whimsical and fun. The quality has definitely gone down over the years, and I'm a bit out of the intended audience now, but it was still nice to be back in Greater Greenswald again.
Debbie
Apr 08, 2010 Debbie rated it really liked it
My daughter and I liked this book. It was a good sequel to all of the other ones. We hope that there will be more books about the characters in the series. It would be interesting to read about the children that Millie and Audun have and if Olebald or his brother cause trouble for everyone again.
Jessie
Oct 06, 2010 Jessie rated it liked it
Shelves: fairytales, christina
Last book in the Frog Princess series. It was good, but not a stand-out in the series. It was nice to see the series wrapped up though. My favorite books in the series were Once Upon a Curse (#3), Dragon Princess (#5) and Dragon Kiss (#6). Independent from this series, I found The Wide Awake Princess to be absolutely delightful, and very clever.
Sheralyn
Dec 11, 2010 Sheralyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wish-list
Though not as funny as her first books starring Emma, Baker does a wonderful job continuing her tale and increasing the enjoyment. I am by no means tired of her story and have loved all the adventures; especially the return of Emma as a frog and a dragon. I was also delighted to see much more of Eadric then previously, my all-time favorite character!
Elevetha
Millie and her fiancé, Audun, are on two missions. One: to plan their wedding. Two: to rescue Millie's younger brother. Not necessarily in that order. Felix is now a frog. In a swamp. Where there are hundreds of other frogs. Talk about a specific needle in a haystack of look alike needles. The final book in the Tales of the Frog Princess series. Cute but not my favorite in the series.
Mary
Oct 02, 2014 Mary rated it it was ok
The price is taken by the trolls and the frog princess's daughter and boyfriend must go look for him.

This was a ok book but not as thrilling as I had hoped just from reading all the other books I exspected more. I recommend the whole series but read them in order or it gets way to confusing. This is more for middle school teens but If you like fantasy as much as I do read it!
Hanna
Aug 15, 2011 Hanna rated it really liked it
This series has been so cute! Although I do think that the series has dragged in a little too much, I like this book as the finale because it follows along the lines of the first books. Princess millies younger brother has been kidnapped and turned into a frog, and Millie, her fiancé audun, and her parents have to go and find him.
Mar 20, 2011 Sarah rated it liked it
This is, I believe, the final tale of the Frog Princess and while I enjoyed them, I'd be glad to see them end. I don't love Millie and Audun as much as I loved Emma and Eadric so the last few books have been only okay for me. That being said, they're quite nice to listen to because they are pleasant and generally cheerful.
Joy
Mar 02, 2014 Joy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book ends where the series began-with a frog.

Crises keep popping off everywhere in Greater Greensward and while Emma is away, her infant son is kidnapped and turned into a frog. Now, Autun and Millie must find Emma to save him.

I loved the bit where they are searching through all the frogs.
Maia
Mar 27, 2012 Maia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fairy-tales
This book was a perfect last book in the series. I love the way Millie & Audan's relationship is true and realistic, and develops throughout the book. The characters are all funny, and unsolved problems & characters throughout the series are resolved. So funny and cute, and an awesome book.
Beth
Sep 12, 2011 Beth rated it really liked it
When Princess Millie's baby brother is kidnapped just before her wedding, it's up to Millie and her fiance, dragon Audun, to save the day. Adventure, humor, and family conflict tie up the series and bring characters from the previous volumes together. Once again, spunky Millie saves the day.
  • Princess of the Wild Swans
  • My Unfair Godmother (My Fair Godmother, #2)
  • Sleeping Beauty: The One Who Took the Really Long Nap (Twice Upon a Time, #2)
  • The Secret History of Tom Trueheart (Tom Trueheart, #1)
  • The Runaway Princess (Runaway Princess, #1)
  • Myka Finds Her Way (Tales of Pixie Hollow, #17)
  • A Farewell to Charms (Princess for Hire, #3)
  • The Goblin War (Goblin Wood, #3)
  • Dragon Flight (Dragon Slippers, #2)
  • The Wild Orchid: A Retelling of The Ballad of Mulan (Once Upon a Time, #15)
  • If the Shoe Fits (The Princess School, #1)
  • The Fairy's Return and Other Princess Tales
  • Of Giants and Ice (The Ever Afters #1)
  • Witchcraft: A Very Short Introduction
  • The History of Atlantis
  • The Tale of Despereaux: The Graphic Novel
  • Twice Upon a Marigold (Upon a Marigold, #2)
E.D. Baker (Elizabeth Dawson Baker) made her international debut in 2002 with The Frog Princess, which was a Texas Lone Star Reading List Book, A Book Sense Children's Pick, a Florida's Sunshine State Readers List pick & a 2006 Sasquatch Book Award nominee. The Princess and the Frog, is loosely based on this novel.

Elizabeth was born in Buffalo, New York and spent most of the next eighteen yea
More about E.D. Baker...

The Tales of the Frog Princess (9 books)
  • The Frog Princess (Tales of the Frog Princess, #1)
  • Dragon's Breath (Tales of the Frog Princess, #2)
  • Once Upon a Curse (Tales of the Frog Princess, #3)
  • No Place for Magic (The Tales of the Frog Princess, #4)
  • The Salamander Spell (Tales of the Frog Princess, #5)
  • The Dragon Princess (Tales of the Frog Princess, #6)
  • Dragon Kiss (The Tales of the Frog Princess, #7)
  • The Frog Princess Returns (The Tales of the Frog Princess #9)

“Who would have thought that a human and a dragon could make such a perfect match?” 10 likes