Start by marking “Open City No. 17, Summer 2003” as Want to Read:
Open City No. 17, Summer 2003

Open City No. 17, Summer 2003 (Open City Magazine #17)

4.67 of 5 stars 4.67  ·  rating details  ·  3 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Open City is a rare contemporary phenomenon: a literary journal that gets people talking about literature, with contributions from a dynamic mix of prominent writers, undiscovered aspirants, and lost treasures by writers from past eras. From Edvard Munch's journals to Terry Southern's screenplays to Rick Moody's poetry to Michael Cunningham's essays to Mary Gaitskill's sho ...more
Published June 3rd 2003 by Grove Press, Open City Books

To ask other readers questions about Open City No. 17, Summer 2003, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Open City No. 17, Summer 2003

Dana
I picked up a copy of this at Grand Central when I was in New York and thought it had some really great writing in it. At the time i was working on a farm in Connecticut so I particularly liked itsinvestment in city-themed stories. I keep meaning to get a subscription to this journal because I can't find it here and I rarely thoroughly enjoy the bulk of what's published in the majority of journals I come across.
Sara
My friend Greg's story "Physical Discipline" is in this issue of Open City. It's one of my favorite stories of his, plus this issue in general has some great reads. Read the story at GregAmes.com.
Marla
Marla added it
Mar 23, 2013

Open City Magazine (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • Open City #1
  • Open City #7: The Rubbed Away Girl
  • Open City #8: Beautiful to Strangers
  • Open City #9: Bewitched
  • Open City #10: The Editors' Issue
Open City #16 Open City #1 Open City #23: Prose by Poets Open City #7: The Rubbed Away Girl Open City (Issue #19)