Start by marking “501 Spanish Verbs” as Want to Read:
501 Spanish Verbs

501 Spanish Verbs

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  488 ratings  ·  27 reviews
"The world's bestselling Spanish verbs reference book has just gotten better "The authors focus directly on a command of Spanish verbs--and fluency in Spanish starts with knowledge of verbs. This new seventh edition shows students and travelers exactly how to use the 501 most common and useful Spanish verbs in all 15 tenses and moods. Each verb is alphabetically listed in ...more
Paperback, 7th Edition, 736 pages
Published August 1st 2010 by Barron's Educational Series (first published 1963)

To ask other readers questions about 501 Spanish Verbs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 501 Spanish Verbs

Rivqah
I have owned many editions of this book over the years in other languages besides Spanish as well and I will say that it is even better each time. This is a great reference book for anyone who is serious about learning the intricacies of verbs.
Mia
This is a must-have book if you ever want to advance your spanish language skills. It was well organized and the instructions and explanations were clear. Highly reccommend, especially for people currently studying spanish.
Mariah
An essential reference book to have on hand for any intermediate/advanced student of Spanish. It also gives suggestions for practice drills of the various tenses- it included tenses I hadn't even heard of!
Cindy Adams hussey
Excellent book for anyone trying to advance their Spanish grammar. I've used it a lot!
Liam
I used to think this book was stupid. If you could just learn the different groups/patterns, then you'd know how to conjugate thousands of verbs. BUT, now I know that being able to quickly look up a verb you're unsure about, and see ALL of the conjugations right there, spread out, is extremely helpful. Also, it really only has verbs you'll ever want to use (with some obscure irregular verbs as exceptions). There was only a handful of times it didn't have a verb I wanted. Looking through it for a ...more
Roseanne Dinoto
Great tool for any one studying or using Spanish as a 2nd language
Tushant
Apr 03, 2014 Tushant marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
nothing
jacky
Extremely helpful for translating irregular verbs! I don't know if I would have gotten by in my Spanish classes without this book. You can look up a verb and you get a whole page dedicated to all its forms. The beginning also covers the regular verbs in a way that is easy to reference.
Lisa
One of the most useful resources someone learning Spanish can have. 501 of the most commonly used Spanish verbs along with all of their conjugations and useful grammar information. Every Spanish student should have this book in their library.
Seth
Gah! I'm trying to get a handle on the simplest of past and imperfect tenses that I have neglected for so long. A little Spain-o-centric, but this book is awesome if you wanna wrap your brain around verb conjugation.
Jeannette
Good Ol' spanish classes, this helped all throughout college and still today when I need to talk with parents during conferences.
Conjugations . . . ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Margarita Bastar
Great book to have in an upper level class for conjugating verbs. It´s quick, easy to use, and helps you when you can´t remember those confusing conjugations.
Chrystal
hahahahhahahahahhhahahahahhaa I love reference books!

I'm procrastinating on writing a paper. This is what I do instead.
Jan 28, 2009 Jennifer is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
This is the book my son's college professor selected and it appears to be a great reference book.
Annie
This book is unbelievably helpful for conjugating many more than 501 verbs in Spanish. Love it!
Crystal
Extremely useful in my quest to become semi-fluent in español.
Catherine Woodman
This is the greatest asset ever--simple yet brilliant
Ken
This book is a must-have for the language learner.
Rebecca
Ha ha ha. No seriously, it saved my grades
Kelly
Good reference if you are learning spanish verbs
Kristen
A must have for anyone learning Spanish
Jaime
very helpful es asumbroso
Matthew
Jun 20, 2008 Matthew is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I have the book
Richard Villalobos
Richard Villalobos marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
John Smith
John Smith marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
  • Roget International Thesaurus
  • Breaking Out of Beginner's Spanish
  • The New York Public Library Desk Reference
  • Madrigals Magic Key to Spanish
  • English Grammar for Students of German: The Study Guide for Those Learning German
  • The Little, Brown Handbook, APA Update with CD
  • The Ultimate French Review and Practice: Mastering French Grammar for Confident Communication
501 French Verbs: Fully Conjugated in All the Tenses and Moods in a New Easy-To-Learn Format, Alphabetically Arranged Spanish Verbs Spanish Grammar French Verbs Barron's French Grammar

“Essential 55 verb list Beginning students should pay careful attention to the 55 verbs in this list. We have chosen them because they are useful for learning essential conjugations, tricky spelling changes, and common usage. We have also highlighted certain pairs of verbs to help you understand the difference between a reflexive and a nonreflexive verb. If you study the verbs on this list, you will be able to conjugate just about any verb you come across and you will be able to express yourself in correct idiomatic Spanish.   acabar ir/irse (Verb Pair) andar   aprender leer caer/caerse (Verb Pair) llamar/llamarse (Verb Pair) cantar llevar comenzar mirar/mirarse (Verb Pair) comer   comprar oír conducir pagar conocer pensar construir perder contar poder creer poner/ponerse (Verb Pair) dar   deber quedarse decir querer dormir saber entrar salir escribir sentir/sentirse (Verb Pair) estar   estudiar ser gustar (See Defective and Impersonal Verbs) tener   tomar   traer   venir haber ver hablar vivir hacer volver” 0 likes