Hochzeitsglocken für Lady Lucy (Bridgertons, #8)

Hochzeitsglocken für Lady Lucy (Bridgertons #8)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  11,541 ratings  ·  533 reviews
Der Weg zur Hochzeit ist verschlungen:

Erstens verliebt Gregory Bridgerton sich in die falsche Frau.
Zweitens verliebt die sich in jemand anders.
Drittens beschließt Lucy Abernathy sich einzumischen.
Viertens verliebt sie sich dabei in Gregory.
Fünftens ist sie so gut wie verlobt mit Lord Haselby.
Sechstens verliebt Gregory sich in Lucy.
Published January 10th 2011 by Mira Taschenbuch Verlag (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Hochzeitsglocken für Lady Lucy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hochzeitsglocken für Lady Lucy

Rane
Being the one of the youngest of the famous Bridgerton family, Gregory is laid back, charming and a romantic. Believing in love, he awaits for the day when he finds his soul mate. When he’s knocked off his feet after meeting a beautiful woman , he knows it’s love and goes out to win his lady love, only to find out she’s in love with someone else, and to make matters even more complex his lady love’s best friend tries to help which ends up even more complex...
When Lucy Abernathy ends up fallin
UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine...

Reading this book was so bittersweet because I knew it was the end to the Bridgerton series, yet at the same time, I simply had to read it! I’ve been putting off the last two books, not wanting the series to come to an end, but I just had to see how things ended up for Gregory, too.

After finishing It’s In His Kiss which I adored, I had such high expectations for this book, maybe too high, because unfortunately, On the Way to the Wedding just didn’t quite live up to them.

Don’t get me wrong, i...more
Fani
I must be weird because I liked it more at the beginning, while Gregory was in love with Lucy's friend. I liked their easy relationship, their friendship, their openness. But I didn't feel any chemistry between them to make me long for them to become a couple. Gregory was just not hero material for me and though Lucy was grounded and straight-forward, I didn't care for her much. And I felt that it dragged a lot towards the ending. The whole 'oh, we can't be together', 'no, I'll find a way, love...more
♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness

On the way to the wedding is about the last lone unmarried Bridgerton Gregory. I was lucky enough to literally stumble across this series when a GR friend did a review on book 6 in the series.

Gregory, the true romantic. And why shouldn’t he be. After seeing his 7 brothers and sisters all famously wed with disgustingly happy love matches – it is only to be expected that he to would expect no less. And when that happens he in convinced that is going to be a...more
Nisha
Jul 01, 2010 Nisha rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who just want to complete the series
Ok, I am only slow at updating this because I needed to find a way to be nice about this book. But really, I shouldn't have waited because I almost forgot what this book was even about. Goes to tell you, this ain't that great.

Gregory, the last of the Bridgertons, believes in love - true love, all-consuming love, love so strong that you wouldn't even be able to breath without their reciprocation. Which makes it really crazy when he falls for Hermione, a woman who has already lost her heart to her...more
Eastofoz
Jun 08, 2011 Eastofoz rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Bridgerton fans; readers who don't mind that the h/h aren't together for a while
Hmmm, hard book to rate. On the one hand it’s well written: great dialog, funny scenes, some shocker surprises, cozy Bridgerton family feel. On the other hand I didn’t like the story because in the first 200 pages nothing really happens between the h/h –that’s a lot of filler (!?!) But then maybe Quinn set up her story that way to show the hero in love with another woman and how he does everything he can to get her to notice him but she’s not all that interested, unlike her friend who’s “intrigu...more
LiteraryLover
On the Way to the Wedding is the final book in Julia Quinn's Bridgertons series. Unfortunately this book did not have the same magic for me as the others in the series had. Usually the Bridgertons has some kind of quirky opening that hooks you from the first few pages. Here it had an interesting prologue but after that it's all about Gregory and his obsession with a young woman after viewing the back of her neck. Granted it sounds kind of sweet but really the further you get into the book, the m...more
Leah

I went into this book wary. Wary because Gregory is the Bridgerton brother that I knew the least about as he was hardly ever in the other books, and I had a bad experience with Francesca for the same reason (and because I just didn't like her). But, I ended up really enjoying the book. It was not without its flaws, of course, but I still liked it.

Gregory is the youngest Bridgerton male and the seventh of eight children. As I said, I did not know him very well at the start, and it didn't...more
Krishna *wants to be a black wolf*
I usually hate these kind of angst fests, but for some reason, this one got me. I nearly cried. Ok, I did cry. A little bit.

It was this

and this

ending with this

I don't really want to scream and recommend this, since I have a feeling it was a matter of the right book at the right time. But I haven't felt anything in a while, so I liked it. GO TRUE LOVE!!!
Brenda (b)
Gregory is hit by love and he totally embraces it. He may not have been expecting it right at that moment, but it's what he wants in his life. I loved the interaction between Gregory and Lucy as he tries to win Hermione's affections. But at the same time I wanted to shout at him-- Helloooo look beneath the surface. I feel that Ms. Quinn's focus is the love story and the relationship between the 2 main characters. Because of that I felt the circumstances behind Lucy's marriage to Lord Haselby wer...more
İnci Puyan
4,5 stars for me :))

Ve Bridgerton'ların son kitabı... Bu seri bitti diye cidden çok üzüldüm çünkü gerçekten çok eğlenceli ve keyifli bir aileydi ve dolayısıyla çok da güzel bir seri olmuştu.

Bu kitapta tek evlenmeyen kalan kardeş Gregory'i okuyoruz. Kişiliği kitabı eğlenceli hale getirmişti hele ki Hermione, Lucy ve Gregory üçlüsünün bulunduğu sayfalar muhteşemdi. Ancak... son bölümde kahkahalar attım. Yazar dört yüz küsürlük sayfanın sanki bütün olaylarını...more
Trewen
What happened? I love the Bridgerton family! They are witty, funny, sharp.... However, it seems that Quinn wanted to just hurry up and be done with the series and move on. Unlike the rest of the siblings, I found Gregory to be an undeveloped character. I didn't feel like I got to know him at all. And Lucy fell a bit flat too. When the H/h fall in love, it's not very convincing and a little hard to trust. I also found myself skimming a bit through the self-narration. I NEVER do that with Julia Qu...more
valee
OH no. no more Bridgertons for me, what will I do know? I really loved this series. Each of them were unique and special for me.

This book had a slow beginning, even a bit annoying. It took me a lot to get to the good part of the book, maybe half the book. But the second part was really intense. That's why I can't give 5 stars to this book, but if it wasn't for the beginning I would definitely have because it was a terrific story.

Gregory was an ass at the beginning but then he was so sweet and ca...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
The eighth in the Bridgertons series by Julia Quinn. I had quit the Bridgertons series because I felt it was getting old and a bit boring on me. I found this one at a library sale and decided to pop it into my bag. It's the last of the Bridgertons series and the only I didn't read. Gregory's turn for romance. This one started really slow for me. I forced myself to keep going. There were a few humorous spots that made it less painful for me. Towards the end it got better and I ended up loving the...more
Isis FG
The last little bit of this book saved it from being totally boring for me. Up till then, this story just did not capture me. It was rather dull, at least in my opinion.

Series Note:
You could possibly read this book as a standalone, but I'd recommend reading the whole series.

Summary:
Gregory Bridgerton is the last of the unmarried Bridgerton siblings. After hearing about his parents happy marriage, and seeing his brothers and sisters marry for love, Gregory wants the same. He believes someday he'l...more
Amanda
A man who believes in love? A man who believes in romance? A man who awaits the "one"....the one who will knock him off his feet the moment he lays eyes upon her? I didn't know such a man existed....until I met Gregory Bridgerton in Julia Quinn's final installment of the Bridgerton series.

Gregory is the youngest male in the Bridgerton clan and he is the most genuine when it comes to his feelings...a true romantic at heart. While attending a party at his eldest brother's house, Gregory is struck...more
R.
Having read very very quickly through this entire eight book series I went into On the Way to the Wedding not really expecting much! A) I feel that the Bridgerton series has a fairly spotty record when it comes to Bridgerton brothers as romantic leads, and B) the immediately preceding novel starred Hyacinth, the youngest and one of the most delightful Bridgertons, and how do you follow her?!

Then there's the fact that the weakest books in the series (An Offer from a Gentleman and When He Was Wick...more
εlﻨբ ツ
Bir önceki kitaba göre daha fazla beğendim. Çünkü Hyacinth hiç de kendisi gibi değildi. Bu romanda bile daha iyiydi kendi olayına göre. Neyse dört dörtlük olmasa da olayların farklı ilerlemesi sayesinde keyifle okuduğum bir kitap oldu. Sadece ense muhabbeti baydı ve de sonu "biraz" abartı geldi. Gene de okunmaya değer bir seri :) Çok sevdim. Bitti ama bence anneleriyle devam etmeli ;)
Caty
Meh, I loved this series until book six. Kinda wish it all had a better ending.
An Ok plot with not so interesting characters, an unconvincing romance and unremarkable dialogues. It was not bad, but it wasn't good either.
As I said, meh.
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
4.5 STARS!

It’s over! It’s really over!

I have fallen in love with each of the Bridgerton books and I am saddened to know that this is the end. This series has become one of my favourites and has tide me over those reading slumps. I know I can count on Julia Quinn and the Bridgertons to help me out when the books I’ve been reading have been less than stellar.

With Julia, it’s always a guaranteed good read. In ON THE WAY TO THE WEDDING, we learn more about the youngest Bridgerton brother, Gregory....more
Yasmin M
Oh Lord! This book was a complete bore! I think I dozed off a bit while reading it, only to wake up and realize in agony that I had to read it anyway, not because I was curious to know how it would end, mind you, there wasn't anything vaguely interesting or mysterious about this book, but to actually be able to review it and not have any scruples in my ever-present conscience..

Do you know those heroes who don't know what to do with themselves? Who fall in love every 10 seconds? and are looking f...more
Trang Nguyen
The Bridgerton Series is over and I am sad.... I loved the series from the very beginning and found the series to be enjoyable to the very last book.

Gregory Bridgerton has witnessed all of his 7 siblings find a love match and all of them are very happy with their significant others. Gregory is content with his life and feels he is at a prime age to settle down with the "ONE." When Gregory begins to feel tingles and sparks from a young lady who is ready to enter her season, he feels he has truly...more
Alexandra
As any other susceptible fool to romantic, desperate, stubborn men, I was swept off my feet by this last installment in Quinn's Bridgertons' series!

Beta-heroes and cheesiness are not my cup of tea! I droll over alphas and tortured heroes, I stalk handsome reprobates and avoid condescending pricks with the same fervor I abhor early mornings, diets and people who touch my collection of mugs.

Oh, but this fellow here...*dreamy sigh
This book is all about the hero; without him having been and having...more
RomReader
When men are around, attractive heroine usually feels like the shadow of her best friend (BFF)'s beauty. So it didn't surprise her that earl's younger brother Hero is awe-struck by her BFF & proceeds to woo her single-mindedly like her many suitors, while treating heroine like a friend. Heroine tries to help Hero gain the disinterested attention of her BFF, who imagines herself in love with another man who is below her station. Things don't' work out as planned & Hero starts seeing heroi...more
Linds
This book is so romantic!

I know that is an asinine description of a romance novel but Gregory is probably the most romantic at heart of the Bridgerton brothers. This is the eighth and final book of the Bridgerton series.

The book starts out with Gregory falling "in love" with Hermione Watson. She has the face of an angel and Gregory is struck the first time he lays eyes on her. He enlists the help of her best friend Lucy to try to get an advantage in winning her.

Lucy has been engaged in an arrang...more
CIKFITRI
Ouhhh poor Gregory. He had to go through so much things just to get Lady Lucinda Abernathy to him. In this book ~ its a bit dramatic I guess but in a good way. I enjoyed myself reading them.

The love between these two love birds are so beautiful. Lucy fell in love with Gregory in silence. Meanwhile Gregory ~ it took him quite long to finally realized that the love that he's been looking out is just infront of him. Its Lucy all the time. Weewwwwww ~ another great experience with the Bridgerton ^^,
Nana
Commence the reread bet~
[image error]

Will I love you more as I did back then or will it be like, whatever, I liked you before but now, meh. rofl

---

Update: Still love it (!) Besides the H/h, the Bridgerton's dynamic are still as hilarious and heartwarming as ever!

Julia Quinn will remain as one of my favorite authors that I will predictably always enjoy :)
Lisa Kay
Really more like 3 ½ stars. I'm not real crazy about books where the hero is attracted to another woman, and this one was able to (eventually) overcome my Romancelandia Rule regarding this, so I give Ms. Quinn credit. I remember my feelings for this book waxed and waned over the course of it; I fretted about how they would ever get their HEA. Still, unlike others, I did like the epilogue.
Angie
Heaven help me, but I do love Julia Quinn's historical romances! This one I particularly enjoyed. She has a way of blending humor with physical attraction and just the right setting. For those who turn up their noses at romance novels, you truly are missing out by not giving her a chance. They are a perfect retreat from our modern day world and in between heavier reads.

As in most "romance" novels, there is an obligatory steamy love scene. This one to me though, was not cheesy or overdone. It fe...more
Keri
Not sure why, but for the end of the series, I just expected more, but this book never delivered. It was ok and I liked Gregory, but he seemed a bit one dimensional to me. Now having said that I am sad to see this is the last book of the Bridgertons.
  • Where's My Hero?  (Gamblers, #3 / Brotherhood - MacAllister's, #4.5 / Splendid, #3.5)
  • England's Perfect Hero (Lessons in Love, #3)
  • Fool for Love (Duchess Quartet, #2)
  • Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart (Love By Numbers, #3)
  • Slightly Sinful (Bedwyn Saga, #5)
  • A Fine Passion (Bastion Club, #4)
  • Only a Duke Will Do (School for Heiresses, #2)
  • The Serpent Prince (Princes Trilogy, #3)
#1 New York Times bestselling author Julia Quinn loves to dispel the myth that smart women don't read (or write) romance, and in 2001 she did so in grand style, competing on the the game show The Weakest Link and walking away with the $79,000 jackpot. She displayed a decided lack of knowledge about baseball, country music, and plush toys, but she is proud to say that she aced all things British an...more
More about Julia Quinn...
The Duke and I (Bridgertons, #1) The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2) Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgertons, #4) The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever (Bevelstoke, #1) When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6)

“Gregory,” she said, “you cannot leave me here. What if someone finds you and removes you from the house? Who will know I am here? And what if…and what if…and then what if…”
He smiled, enjoying her officiousness too much to actually listen to her words. She was definitely herself again.
“When this is all over,” he said, “I shall bring you a sandwich.”
That stopped her short. “A sandwich? A sandwich?”
24 likes
“He stepped toward her, and her heart just ached from it. His face was so handsome, and so dear, and so perfectly wonderfully familiar. She knew the slope of his cheeks, and the exact shade of his eys, brownish near the iris, melting into green at the edge.
And his mouth-she knew that mouth, the look of it, the feel of it. She knew his smile, and she knew his frown, and she knew-
she knew far to much.”