Start by marking “Exposed: Misbehaving with the Magnate” as Want to Read:
Exposed: Misbehaving with the Magnate

Exposed: Misbehaving with the Magnate (Hot Bed of Scandal #1)

3.47  ·  Rating Details  ·  333 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews

Seven years ago Gabrielle was the housekeeper's daughter, and Luc Duvalier, as the heir to a vast fortune, was forbidden One hot kiss got Gaby banished, but she's returned home determined to face Luc as an equal--in every way
The heat between them is all-consuming, and they both know it is only a matter of time before they give in--despite the scandal this will cause. But
Published March 1st 2010 by Harlequin Presents (first published July 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Exposed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exposed

Emily
Banished, Gabrielle never could forget the circumstances that destroyed her life. Sent to Australia, after bieng caught kissing Luc Duvalier the heir of Duvalier, Gabrielle needed to be put in her place as the daughter of the housekeeper to the estate. Seven years later she has returned, now a successful winery co-owner and wanting to return home and to Luc if she is lucky enough.

Luc has been waiting for Gabrielle, keeping his emotions for her to himself all those years and not wanting to force
Jacqueline
Wow. I love Kelly Hunter and am totally amazed that I couldn't get into this at all. I sort of flipped around and skimmed and at no point did I feel like I needed to keep reading it. I guess this is the one that proves the rule that even my favorite authors can write a dud. Or at least one that is a dud for me.

I'll just keep my fingers crossed for the next one.
Victoria
This was actually a kind of disappointing read. The book started out amazingly, with the humor, the characters, the plot all falling perfectly into place. But somehow, as the book progressed, it just wasn't good as before.

Let's start right from the beginning shall we? Luc and Gabrielle were childhood friends. But when she was 16, they finally gave in to the attraction between them and kissed. Of course, they were caught and she was sent away. He didn't protest about it. Then, some years later,
Gail
I liked this one quite a bit, despite it being a Harlequin Presents. I DO like some of them. Heroine is the daughter of the housekeeper at an old French vineyard/winery, coming back now after exile to Australia when she was 16 because she got caught kissing the owner's son. Mom's very sick, so she's come to see her, even though there's not much of a relationship between them. The owner's son has taken over, now the owner's died, and the sparks between them are still there. Oh dear.

The hero and
Jess
This was fun! And contains a fraught parent-child relationship (well, fraught is underselling it, the mother was historically abusive) that is not solved with hugs. It also contains a childhood lovers reunited story which was kind of awesome.
Dianna
There is a scene in this book (page 81 for me), where the characters discuss what look very much like title options for their story - ‘Comte’s convenient mistress’ and ‘billionaire’s preferred plaything.’ Luc points out that he is neither a comte or a billionaire, but that doesn’t seem to get in the way of other wrongness in titles, and I almost had a strange turn. I have a deep suspicion that Harlequin Presents are always being meta, and then when a book is so blatant about it I don’t know what ...more
Li
I enjoyed Kelly Hunter's take on this second-chance-at-romance story. Some angst and lots of crazy chemistry between the h/h made the relationship interesting, and I liked the unusual European vineyard setting.

I think this is being offered as a free read now (at Amazon, anyway) so would definitely recommend picking up!
Tonileg
Dec 08, 2011 Tonileg rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, kindle
This was free on kindle and I usually understand that 'you get what you pay for' but this was a fun read with no noticeable grammar or typographic errors. There was a dash of French (I did find an error, but that is just my nit-picky nature coming out) and a heavy dose of romance. I really think it is sweet that Lucien sends his childhood playmate away once he understands that he can't control his sexual urges because she is only 16. I believe that age of consent in France is 16 so he would be w ...more
Patricia
I don't know why I downloaded this novella. Yep, I'll call it novella due to it's.. shortness. LOL

So, I have no idea why. Probably because it was free and I had some time to kill.

It was an actually good read, considering the length. It was entertaining, the characters were likeable enough and hell, it was for free.

If you have an hour or two free, maybe check it out.

Be warned that it wasn't a great story, though. It was pretty average, although compared to other novels like it, slightly better,
Elizabeth
Jul 16, 2014 Elizabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book, I would love to read the rest in this series. I am oh so curious what happens in the next one.
Hilly
2.75 stars. Rounding down, because it's not a great stand-alone book. It improves upon re-readings, after you've read Revealed: A Prince and a Pregnancy.

Very dark first book of a two-parter. I didn't really follow or enjoy it the first time through. I suggest that you have both books on hand before you begin.

This was my first Kelly Hunter.

Both book titles are AWFUL ! Blech!
Blodeuedd Finland
So I never got to the part where why her mum was so angry (only for that? stupid) cos yes I gave up, but silly.
Maureen Hubley
Jul 07, 2014 Maureen Hubley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a new author for me and I did enjoy her book. Would read something writen by her again.
Rossana Peña Rivera
Una buena historia romantica
Kobie
Jul 26, 2014 Kobie added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
wine books, ugh!
Jenny
Feb 01, 2016 Jenny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very short read but enjoyed it a lot.
Kai
Apr 11, 2012 Kai rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2012
A bit of fluff during a very, very long book!

This was ok, but not brilliant. Mind you I wasn't expecting brilliant. It's well written, the descriptions of place and situ are good. The story is ok but it left me with questions and for a fluff book, I don't want questions, I just want plain fluff.
Cecilia
It wasn't bad, but it felt like the book didn't know what it wanted to be - angsty or light or uplifting or what. It didn't totally work for me on any of those levels, though it was a quick read and not torturous. But the last name of the hero - Duvalier - just reminded me of Papa Doc, which was not cool.
Aurelia Rowl
What an unexpected and delightful surprise!

I downloaded this as a Kindle freebie last year and finally got around to reading it.

I was hooked instantly and was loathe to put it down. The characters came to life for me and I thoroughly enjoyed their journey and their Happy Ever After.
Veena
Sep 02, 2013 Veena rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mills-and-boon
i need to really grow out of mnb romance, i realize it now!! this book was a complete waste of time. a smart lady falling in love with a tycoon. lot of family drama. ugly romance scenes topped with grammar errors. i seriously need a break. shall get back to Indian writers i guess.
Sara Winters
May 09, 2011 Sara Winters rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. It was funny, sweet, sexy and I had a hard time putting it down. While all of the characters were engaging, I found myself falling in love with Simone as a supporting character and I can't wait to get the sequel so I can read her story.
A.M.
Nov 13, 2010 A.M. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, romance
Delicious tension, dark pasts, and irresistible passion. What really made this book for me is the honest, touching portrayal of Gabrielle's family estrangement, and how family difficulties have made her a strong woman today.
Ms_prue
Oct 23, 2012 Ms_prue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this one a lot, so much that I basically devoured it in one sitting this afternoon. It took me to that happy place I like to think of as the "eff off world, I'm reading a book" zone.
Diane
Aug 26, 2011 Diane rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hp, romance, contemporary
i enjoyed the book, but still could never quite figure out why the heroine's mother was so horrible to her children all their lives, till the very end of the book.
Dee
Aug 07, 2012 Dee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies, romance
Two-haiku review:

She returns to France
To the man she's loved for years
Is she good enough?

Class differences
She was damaged by childhood
Well done characters
Joy
Aug 24, 2012 Joy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this one quite refreshing...something to read a book with some great dialogue (and not standard as per the genre), the characters were flawed and believable.
Rebecca
I liked this one, but it just didn't have the same spark some of her other books have. That said, I'll still be checking out Rafael and Simone's story!
Natasha Chowdory
Lame. It started off well, introduced some interesting conflict and just *finished* with lots of unanswered questions. Not too impressed to be honest.
Harriet
Aug 27, 2011 Harriet rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Good novella - a lot of tension, passion, and story at a good pace and just enough character development. The ending was a bit lighter than I would've liked.
Marg
Jan 07, 2012 Marg rated it liked it
Shelves: aww2012
3.5/5

Not bad, but not quite as good as her later books. Loved the setting in the Champagne area of France though.
  • Wedding at King's Convenience (Kings of California, #6)
  • Colorado Abduction (Christmas at the Carlisles, #1)
  • Bought: Destitute Yet Defiant
  • Emergency: Wife Lost and Found
  • The Braddock Boys: Cody
  • Wicked Rake, Defiant Mistress
  • Their Newborn Gift (Outback Baby Tales, #3)
  • His Mistress for a Million
  • Mia and the Powerful Greek (The Balfour Brides, #1)
  • The Proud Wife
  • The Return of the Renegade (The Scandalous St. Claires #1)
  • Cinderella's Wedding Wish
  • Tempestuous Reunion
  • The Sheikh's Ransomed Bride (Surrender to the Sheikh) (Harlequin Presents, #2649)
  • Price of Passion
  • Marriage: For Business or Pleasure? (Harlequin Presents, #2898)
  • Pure Princess, Bartered Bride
  • Waves of Fire
Australian born Kelly Hunter is a three time Romance Writers of America Rita finalist, a USA Today Bestselling author and loves writing to the demands of the short category romance form.
More about Kelly Hunter...

Hot Bed of Scandal (2 books)
  • Revealed: A Prince and a Pregnancy (Hot Bed of Scandal #2)