Start by marking “Justice Society of America, Vol. 7: Axis of Evil” as Want to Read:
Justice Society of America, Vol. 7: Axis of Evil

Justice Society of America, Vol. 7: Axis of Evil (Justice Society of America, Vol III #7)

A new era begins for the Justice Society of America as writer Bill Willingham (FABLES) takes over the solo writing chores on the series with artist Jesus Merino (SUPERMAN ANNUAL). After a rift in the team literally split the roster apart, the Justice Society struggles to pick up the pieces! Regrouping at a new, temporary home base, the smaller team reflects on the recent i ...more
Published December 7th 2010 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Justice Society of America, Vol. 7, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Justice Society of America, Vol. 7

Brian
Aug 25, 2012 Brian rated it liked it
Picked this up at the library today and read it in the park. I've been a fan of the JSA since I was a wee lad and found some All-Star Comics. Wildcat is one of my favs and it's great to see him being explored and growing as a character.
This was all in all a sold read. The first story was good, albeit short, and has some good characterization moments. The villain was a surprise, and I would like to see him face the JSA again.
The second story was a little bit familiar, but well told. I like Mr. Te
Scott
Aug 08, 2011 Scott rated it really liked it
I'm not a big JSA fan but I am a fan of Bill Willingham's writing, especially his always interesting twists on the superhero genre. That said, the first half of the graphic novel with Dr. Fate seemed out of place with the second half (super-Nazis and the Axis of Evil). I enjoyed BW's characterizations and the way he writes magic into his stories but the point seemed lost on me. The second half with the Fourth Reich is where BW shines. His nuts-and-bolts knowledge of war emerges like the veteran ...more
Joe
Nov 13, 2015 Joe rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am an old fuddy-duddy.
I am.
I like something about the good guys being good.
About standing up and standing for something.
The JSA give me that.
They give me that feeling.
This issue makes the point for me.
The Old Guard and the kids who stick with them make the choices that say they will not be stopped.
And they do it as a group, a family of heroes.
Flash [Jay Garrick], Wildcat and Green Lantern [Alan Scott] take a stand again some tough odds.
Mr. Terrific [Michael Holt] and the new crew support them
Shannon Appelcline
Aug 18, 2012 Shannon Appelcline rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, comics-dc
I was much happier with Willingham’s solo effort on the Mordru story. Curiously, the first half reads like Giffen-era JLI, but it’s well done. Overall, a good story if a notable difference from the several years of Johns [7/10]. The actual Axis of Evil story feels more like Johns’ JSA -- perhaps even a bit too much like some of Johns’ go-back-in-time-to-change-everything stories. Still, it’s a solid multipart story [7/10].
Paul
Mar 17, 2012 Paul rated it really liked it
Definitely not the first time this story has been told, and definitely not the best telling of the story, but better than expected given the quality of the villains offered. DC really liked this story concept enough during a certain time period. Well, at least enough to basically approve it twice... But only once with Nazis. Sigh. One could also read Flashpoint to largely the same effect.
Devero
Feb 02, 2014 Devero rated it it was ok
Il calo di qualità continua nonnostante Willingham abbia separato la JSA in due tronconi, riducendo il numero di personaggi (che erano davvero troppi) da gestire. Questa particolare distopia poi non è che sia ne originale ne ben descritta.
Timothy Boyd
Jan 15, 2016 Timothy Boyd rated it really liked it
I love the golden age superheroes from DC and the new JSA brings these original heroes back into the modern age along with their legacy namesakes. Well above average art and plot keep these 70 year old comic characters interesting and entertaining. Very recommended
Mark
Mar 04, 2014 Mark rated it really liked it
A working time travel story... who'd have thunk it? This feels more like the Bill Willingham I know & love from the early parts of FABLES.
Marcus
Apr 18, 2011 Marcus rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
A particularly underwhelming installment, even given the scope of the thing. The first two issues are fairly useless.
Shane
Oct 24, 2012 Shane rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-books
3.5... The first story was a pretty lame 2-parter. The rest of the book was much better though.
Steven
I liked this story more when it was written by Chris Claremont and called Days of Future Past.
Andrew Shafer
Nov 14, 2011 Andrew Shafer rated it it was amazing
Fantastic. Seeing depowered heroes fighting Nazis in a distopian future was perfect.
John Yelverton
Aug 07, 2011 John Yelverton rated it liked it
It was a decent book, but it felt really forced and the story didn't leave me on the edge of my seat.
Angela
May 15, 2011 Angela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels, dc
I thought the first story was well told, a part of it made me laugh out loud. The second story was interesting, moving and kept surprising me. A very good read.
Dave Jones
Feb 19, 2011 Dave Jones rated it it was ok
Not the best in the series. Big reset button. This is a story that has been told before. Hope the next book is better.
Ola
Oct 24, 2012 Ola rated it liked it
Mediocre. A JSA story should be much better than this....
Matt Piechocinski
Aug 02, 2013 Matt Piechocinski rated it it was ok
I read this when it was Days of Future Past ... boring.
Travis Moore
Travis Moore rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2014
Geremy
Geremy rated it it was ok
May 17, 2012
Jon
Jon rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2012
Jeffrey Jelmeland
Jeffrey Jelmeland rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2012
Paul
Paul rated it did not like it
Feb 09, 2014
Joseph
Joseph rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2012
Stephen
Stephen rated it liked it
May 17, 2015
David Wickham
David Wickham rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2016
Caitlin
Caitlin rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2013
Travis Anderson
Travis Anderson rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2016
Bliz Goring
Bliz Goring rated it really liked it
Nov 05, 2013
Mike McDevitt
Mike McDevitt rated it liked it
Feb 15, 2011
Karl
Karl rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
In the late 1970s to early 1980s he drew fantasy ink pictures for the Dungeons & Dragons Basic and Expert game rulebooks. He first gained attention for his 1980s comic book series Elementals published by Comico, which he both wrote and drew. However, for reasons unknown, the series had trouble maintaining an original schedule, and Willingham's position in the industry remained spotty for many ...more
More about Bill Willingham...

Justice Society of America, Vol III (9 books)
  • Justice Society of America, Vol. 1: The Next Age