Start by marking “The Hunter (The Realm, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Hunter (The Realm, #2)

The Hunter (The Realm #2)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  287 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Suzie and her twins tired of running from a violent ex, decide to settle down in sweet suburbia. But forget the quiet life, meet Hunter, Suzie’s hot next door neighbor. Masquerading as a private eye, in truth he’s a tracker from a magical realm on a quest to keep his world’s existence secret. Little does he know that love has its sight on him.

To survive a threat from Suzie
ebook
Published March 19th 2010 by Amira Press

To ask other readers questions about The Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hunter

Emily
Like any young woman who believed in fairy tales, Suzie thought she had fallen in love with a man older than her. Instead he turned out to be a monster and only had one thing in mind, taking her son. Running away Suzie has made sure there is no trail to find her and her twins, a boy and girl. Suzie is finally beginning to feel comfortable three years later and is more than thrilled to find that her new next door neighbor is eye candy galore.

Hunter has been sent through the realm to where magic d
Jessica Weissenburger
It took longer to get into this one than usual with this author. I adore her writing style, but with this one I just felt like I was watching a Lifetime movie -- with supernatural beings. The villain's motives were entirely unclear from the start and then when his motives were revealed they turned out to be ridiculous. Needless to say, I wasn't sold on the villain.

The heroine wasn't really the type of character I'd expect from this author, though I had to remind myself that this isn't the first
Tammy
Amazing story. The "alternate world' was fascinating. I loved the kids in this book. They were very realistic and funny. The story had romance , mystery , excitement and drama. All the things that make a reader fall in love with a book. The "hero" was sexy ,strong and sensitive. The " heroine" was a normal woman. She wasn't the most beautiful or anything she was a real woman and a real mom . The villian in this story was spectacular!! I highly recommend this book for a great escape. This one is ...more
C.A. Tibbitts
While it takes place in the same sort of setting, The Hunter is not truly related to book 1 of the series (Wizard's Chance, or I think it's first time around was Taking A Chance). I truly enjoyed this story of a hunter...aptly named Hunter, as he meets his lovely neighbor and her twins. As it turns out, he is hunting someone that hits rather close to Suzie and her kids.

I really enjoy this world Eve Langlais has woven, with magic and non-magic divisions. This, her first series, definitely shows
Carol
At first I wasn't sure if I would like this. I don't always like little kids in a romance novel, it depends entirely on how annoying they end up being. I have to admit though, the twins won me over pretty quickly and the scenes with Hunter and the kids were sweet. I loved Hunter and the story was enjoyable.

As always with this author, the book was well-written and it was a light, fun read.
Tammy Sargeant
Was a cute little read. I loved the twins they were the best thing in this book and I liked Hunter too. Was hoping it would pick up after Sinclair and Sam's story because I loved that so much and what to see Sinclair's sister get a happy ending but eh, still a great cute book.
Sudha Neelakantan
Cute quick paranormal romance read...

I think what impressed me most is that the heroine is a real woman with kids -- belly, stretch marks and all. Not a plastic barbie
Melissa
I thought this book was pretty good. The Hunter is about a man that guards the border between mundane earth and magical earth known as "the realm". Hunter is capturing those that cross from the realm into the mundane illegally. His undercover story is that he is a private detective. Suzie, a single mother of twins, moves into the house next door and the chemistry simply sizzles between them. Suzie's ex was very abusive and you end up learning he is actually a WereDragon and has recently escaped ...more
Suzan
Feb 16, 2014 Suzan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: paranormal romance fans
Really enjoyed this book! The twins were adorable and so cute and Hunter and Suzie were so perfect for each other! The chemistry between them was explosive and Hunter was so good with the twins, he adored them and they adored him!

I could have slapped Hunters father though and don't know how Hunter refrained from hitting his father when he learned what he did to Suzie and the twins! Thank god for Hunters mom, she takes no crap from her husband and puts him firmly in his place when all others are
Renee
I really like reading Eve's books. They are erotic but also have good story lines with them. This book was good, Suzie (h) was a strong independent woman with 2 adorable twins! And Hunter (H) was the ultimate alpha male! The sex was great***
Annie
I really enjoyed this book. Hunter was a great and well developed character. I enjoyed watching him fight his attraction for Suzie. Their relationship ended up being light-hearted and sweet. Even in the mist of all the BS that was going on, the author still managed to make them happy.

Dragons are always a great touch. The great thing about Langlais is that she is no one trick pony. The battle scenes were just an engrossing as the sex scenes. :)
Ana
Maggie
I enjoyed the book, but i would not consider it "erotica". Definitely more of a romance with two sex scenes.
Libby Cummings
I'm still feeling the affects. Loved that the books was more from Hunter's point of veiw.
Ellen
Nice addition to the series.
Anna
Good start to a series.
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Ioanna Akakios
Ioanna Akakios marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Carolyn Conner
Carolyn Conner marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Fluffy
Fluffy marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Cary
Cary marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
  • Artistic Vision (Gray Court, #3)
  • The Zillionaire Vampire Cowboy's Secret Werewolf Babies
  • The Bond That Consumes Us (Eternal Bond, #3)
  • Dead Moon Rising
  • Howlin'
  • Kiss of Moonlight (Lucani Lovers, #1)
  • Tempered by Fire (Angel Bound #1)
  • Dissent (Dark Elves #4)
  • Mary and the Bear (True Mates, #2)
  • Demon Seed (Good Will Ghost Hunting, #1)
  • Gothic City Lights
  • Phantom Lovers
  • Wanted: Wild Thing (Midnight Liaisons, #4)
  • Bride's Holiday Gift (Star Brides #3)
  • My Demon Saint (Shifting Reality, #2)
  • Sweetest Mistress (Fem Dom, #1)
  • Dragon Lord
  • A Vampire's Kiss (The Manigault Vampires, #1)
~ New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author

Hello, my name is Eve Langlais and I am an International Bestselling author who loves to write hot romance, usually with werewolves, cyborgs or aliens .

I should warn you, I have a twisted imagination and a sarcastic sense of humor something I like to let loose in my writing. While well known for my shifter stories, I am also extremely partial to ali
More about Eve Langlais...

The Realm (3 books)
  • Wizard's Chance (The Realm, #1)
  • Chance's Game (The Realm, #3)
Bunny and the Bear (Furry United Coalition, #1) Delicate Freakn' Flower (Freakn' Shifters, #1) Accidental Abduction (Alien Abduction, #1) Defying Pack Law (Pack, #1) Croc and the Fox (Furry United Coalition, #3)