The Hunter (The Realm, #2)

The Hunter (The Realm #2)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  160 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Suzie and her twins tired of running from a violent ex, decide to settle down in sweet suburbia. But forget the quiet life, meet Hunter, Suzie’s hot next door neighbor. Masquerading as a private eye, in truth he’s a tracker from a magical realm on a quest to keep his world’s existence secret. Little does he know that love has its sight on him.

To survive a threat from Suzie...more
ebook
Published March 19th 2010 by Amira Press

Jessica Weissenburger
It took longer to get into this one than usual with this author. I adore her writing style, but with this one I just felt like I was watching a Lifetime movie -- with supernatural beings. The villain's motives were entirely unclear from the start and then when his motives were revealed they turned out to be ridiculous. Needless to say, I wasn't sold on the villain.

The heroine wasn't really the type of character I'd expect from this author, though I had to remind myself that this isn't the first...more
Tammy
Amazing story. The "alternate world' was fascinating. I loved the kids in this book. They were very realistic and funny. The story had romance , mystery , excitement and drama. All the things that make a reader fall in love with a book. The "hero" was sexy ,strong and sensitive. The " heroine" was a normal woman. She wasn't the most beautiful or anything she was a real woman and a real mom . The villian in this story was spectacular!! I highly recommend this book for a great escape. This one is...more
Melissa
I thought this book was pretty good. The Hunter is about a man that guards the border between mundane earth and magical earth known as "the realm". Hunter is capturing those that cross from the realm into the mundane illegally. His undercover story is that he is a private detective. Suzie, a single mother of twins, moves into the house next door and the chemistry simply sizzles between them. Suzie's ex was very abusive and you end up learning he is actually a WereDragon and has recently escaped...more
Suzan
Feb 16, 2014 Suzan rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: paranormal romance fans
Really enjoyed this book! The twins were adorable and so cute and Hunter and Suzie were so perfect for each other! The chemistry between them was explosive and Hunter was so good with the twins, he adored them and they adored him!

I could have slapped Hunters father though and don't know how Hunter refrained from hitting his father when he learned what he did to Suzie and the twins! Thank god for Hunters mom, she takes no crap from her husband and puts him firmly in his place when all others are...more
Renee
Jan 16, 2014 Renee rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: mobi
I really like reading Eve's books. They are erotic but also have good story lines with them. This book was good, Suzie (h) was a strong independent woman with 2 adorable twins! And Hunter (H) was the ultimate alpha male! The sex was great***
Annie *Perky Monkey-Buns*
I really enjoyed this book. Hunter was a great and well developed character. I enjoyed watching him fight his attraction for Suzie. Their relationship ended up being light-hearted and sweet. Even in the mist of all the BS that was going on, the author still managed to make them happy.

Dragons are always a great touch. The great thing about Langlais is that she is no one trick pony. The battle scenes were just an engrossing as the sex scenes. :)
Ana
Maggie
I enjoyed the book, but i would not consider it "erotica". Definitely more of a romance with two sex scenes.
Libby Cummings
I'm still feeling the affects. Loved that the books was more from Hunter's point of veiw.
Ellen
Nice addition to the series.
Anna
Good start to a series.
Gail Wetherell
Gail Wetherell marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
April
April marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Marianthi
Marianthi is currently reading it
Apr 06, 2014
Lexi
Lexi marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Kris Thompson
Kris Thompson marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
dksport03
dksport03 marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Freya Ingram
Freya Ingram marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
  • Tempered by Fire (Angel Bound #1)
  • Moon's Sweet Poison (Deadly Mates, #1)
  • The Omega and the Assassin (Wayne County Wolves #7)
  • Battle of Hearts
  • Micah's Refuge (Pack Mates, #2)
  • Phantom Lovers
  • Bray's Bounty (Wolf Haven #3)
  • The Beast's Promise (Outside the City, #2)
  • Rumble and Churr (Unmated at Midnight, #4)
  • White Wolf (White Wolf, #1)
  • Eye of the Beholder (True Destiny, #2)
  • No Angel
  • What Big Teeth You Have (Luna Werewolves, #3)
  • Hair of the Dog
  • Wild Magic (Triad, #4)
  • When the Sun Goes Down (Howl at the Moon, #1)
  • A Very Holland Christmas (Holland Brothers, #5)
  • A Royal Bind (Changing Moon, #2)
~ New York Times and USA Today Bestseller
~ Top 30 Amazon Bestselling Author
~ #1 Amazon Paranormal Romance Bestselling Author

Hello, my name is Eve and I am a Canadian author who loves to write hot romance, usually with werewolves, cyborgs or aliens lol.

Be warned, I do have a twisted imagination and a sarcastic sense of humor something I like to let loose in my writing. I like strong alpha males, na...more
More about Eve Langlais...
Bunny and the Bear (Furry United Coalition, #1) Delicate Freakn' Flower (Freakn' Shifters, #1) Accidental Abduction (Alien Abduction, #1) Defying Pack Law (Pack, #1) Croc And The Fox (Furry United Coalition, #3)