Start by marking “Summer Fever” as Want to Read:
Summer Fever

Summer Fever

3.41  ·  Rating Details  ·  287 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
I was looking forward to a relaxing, enjoyable vacation at my parents' old house on the lake. No responsibility, no stress, and no entanglements, other than the odd one-night bang with a gorgeous guy (who preferably dresses left). When a cop pulled over to check on me, I was blindsided. Officer Russell Seavers was an absolute hunk--and I had to have him. Just once (or mayb ...more
Nook, 69 pages
Published October 1st 2008 by Dreamspinner Press (first published September 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Summer Fever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer Fever

Daisiemae
Summer Fever by Catt Ford is another one of those books that I’ve had in my TBR files forever. The cover is stunning, so being the sucker I am for a good cover, I immediately bought it. When I got it, I saw that it was in first person. Since first person in romance is my least favorite point of view, I kept putting off reading it.

I am not going to get into the storyline. There have been several reviews on this book, and they describe the storyline very well. I wanted to give the few reasons why
Elisa Rolle
First of all let me say that this is one of the most erotic and sexy book I read lately, and I have no problem to say that sometime when reading a book with too much sex, I skip a sex scene here and there to read the story, if there is a story... and instead this time I read ALL, story and sex scenes alike. So the first thing that struck me of this book was the sex, and how could not be so, since the book starts with J.D. who said to Russ "What I wouldn’t let you do to me...", nothing strange if ...more
J.J. Levesque
Jun 23, 2010 J.J. Levesque rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, e-books
The book was a short, fast read, but it was cute and pretty funny. Right away, J.D.'s voice comes through, and he was hilarious. I'd have to say my favorite part in the opening is when he's trying to get out of a ticket he wasn't even going to get. The tension at the end was enough to give me something more and get me nervous for a few minutes, which I appreciated. Well worth the read if you're looking for something short and fun.
Ami
The first part where J.D offered Russ a blow job to not get a ticket is making me giggle. It's just cute. Even if J.D. is a jerk at one point, I still think the whole story is sweet and makes me happy
Mandy*reads obsessively*
A quick nice read, nothing ground breaking, but I enjoyed it!
Mar 10, 2014 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Light often amusing read. The way the two main characters met is beyond unlikely, yet set the tone for the story well.
It did manage to develop deeper feelings later on which made me want to rate it more of a 4.5, yet the ending was again off into unlikely and they lived happily ever after that was almost at odds with attempts to reach deeper and go towards angst near the end of the tail. For me it was a bit inconsistent in tone.
Monika

**3.5 Stars

Summer Fever is a very short, funny, sweet story that starts out as Erotic Romance and ends as a love story. My definition of an Erotic Romance is a story which is primarily made up of sex scenes with little to no plot. A love story is primarily a Romance with a plot and little to no sex. What sex there is belongs and is not just there to titillate, that’s not to say it can’t be hot as hell.

Summer Fever does a good job of being both. I wish there had been more I would have loved to g
Yenny
No hay un defecto en específico, pero no cuenta con una trama realmente interesante. Es poco más que un simple romance erótico de verano.
Joy
Jul 09, 2014 Joy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, scribd
Erotica. Barely a story.
France-Andrée
Oh, I loved this so much. It was funny, the narrator (J.D.) has a wry sense of humor. I was a little scared with a cop character... sometimes they do follow a pattern, I didn't feel that way about Russ at all. I liked too that there is an epilogue at the end, I'm the kind of person that will continue a story in her head after the end and so I like to know where the story went. I would say if you like something short, sweet and hot, you'll will feel satisfied after reading "Summer Fever" so don't ...more
Simone
Feb 01, 2015 Simone rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ryoma Gartre
Lexi Ander
Aug 04, 2010 Lexi Ander rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-lendable
This reads like a vacation. Smooth, easy, no rush, lazy days sitting on the porch, no appointments, no must-do's...

I wished I could have learned more about the main character but it worked out okay. Though, I did worry for a moment that he was going to be a Big Prick but he only had brain damage for about 24 hours.
Shawn
Apr 02, 2012 Shawn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A cute little short. The MCs are sweet. Nothing too deep. I did like the fact that while JD had a slutty streak he was a research scientist, not some airhead party boy. Wouldn't mind seeing these two characters pop up again.

Again, cute piece. Good for a fast read.
Kayla
Jul 19, 2013 Kayla rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This book was rather short and the plot had little movement. I liked the characters overall. The setting was lacking but I know it's erotica and its not supposed to e focused in those things but I like everything to face a little more detail.
Zaa
This was a pretty interesting read. This book
had the perfect combination of story elements: it was fun, sweet, and wicked funny.
Just wish it had been longer.
Chris
Jun 26, 2010 Chris rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, gay, done, 2010, owned, ebook
Pretty good m/m romance about a guy staying at a lake cabin and the cop he asked for directions on the way there.
Khaoula
read it by accident , enjoyed it a lot , sweet storie about unexpected love!
Erotic Horizon
Summer Fever by Catt Ford (2008)
Roxanne
Eve
Eve rated it it was ok
Jul 17, 2016
Meredith Norville
Meredith Norville marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
monk105
monk105 rated it it was ok
Jul 07, 2016
CJ
CJ rated it it was ok
Jul 01, 2016
BTina
BTina marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Sneezep
Sneezep marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
  • Taboo Desires
  • Just One Kiss
  • Hard Fall (Deputy Joe, #1)
  • More Than Just a Good Book, A Short Story
  • The Cadet's Officer
  • The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
  • Out of My Mind
  • Gambling On Maybe (GlitterBomb! #1)
  • Turquoise and Leather (Collared, #1)
  • Wild Horses
  • Nut Cream (Nut Cream, #1)
  • Home for the Holidays (Details, #1.5)
  • Truthful Change
  • Naked Dragon
  • Custom Ride (Custom Ride #1)
  • Melting Ice 1 (Melting Ice, #1)
  • What Hides Inside (Bay City Paranormal Investigations, #2)
  • Get What You Need
Catt Ford lives in front of the computer monitor, in another world where her imaginary gay friends obey her every command.

She likes cats, chocolate, swing dancing, sleeping, Monty Python, Aussie friends, being silly, spinning other realities with words, and sea glass. She dislikes caterpillars, cigarette smoke, and rude people who think the F-word (as in faggot, or bundle of sticks) is acceptable.
More about Catt Ford...