Start by marking “Огнено кръщение (Вещерът, #5)” as Want to Read:
Огнено кръщение (Вещерът, #5)

Огнено кръщение (The Witcher #5)

4.37  ·  Rating Details  ·  13,255 Ratings  ·  292 Reviews
Над света е надвиснала опасност да потъне в хаос и мрак, ако бъде лишен от магията и прогреса и бъде удавен в кръв и варварство. Ако магията загине, светът също ще загине. Затова е дошло времето за огнено кръщение, което да донесе пречистване и изкупление.

Бъдещият крал на света трябва да се роди в Нилфгард, затова император Емхир се нуждае от гена на Старата кръв и от Цири
Published 2010 by ИнфоДАР (first published 1996)

Mogsy (MMOGC)
4.5 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum http://bibliosanctum.com/2015/08/23/a...

Over the last two months, I’ve been working my way through all the available Witcher Saga novels in audiobook format. The series is surprisingly addictive, so much so that it feels like I was just listening to the first book Blood of Elves yesterday. And now that I’ve come to the end of book three, I find myself a bit lost and drifting. After all, the print version of the next book (The Swallow’s Tower) hasn’t even been
Marta Conejo
Terminar un libro de Geralt de Rivia para coger otro libro de Geralt de Rivia. Esa es mi actual vida.

Andamos con nuestro querido brujo y su querido juglar, con una Ciri cuya vida ha cambiado totalmente, con un consejo secreto de hechiceras... los caminos están llenos de cuerpos, sangre, guerra, cosas feas, y, si fuera George Martin, supongo que también dragones.

Pero es Andrzej Sapkowski.

Es verdad que esta saga se ha ido focalizando mucho más a la parte de la historia Ciri-Geralt, pero eso no
Jennifer Melzer
Mar 23, 2014 Jennifer Melzer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The symbolic Baptism of Fire is repeated throughout the story, as beliefs are challenged, paths reforged and it becomes certain that through the fire one must trek if he wishes to be born anew, like a phoenix rising from the ashes.

There were so many delightful parts of this story, clever and witty moments that made me laugh out loud, as well as emotionally gripping instances that touched my heart in ways that will surely linger long after the entire story is finished.

Now I move swiftly into Th
Online Eccentric Librarian

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

Ah, Geralt of Rivia. I can’t quite put my finger on why I enjoy this series, or rather the world they are set in so much. It is a very classic fantasy where the exploring of new places (read: questing) is a big part. But it is also a very modern fantasy with gritty undertones and imperfect protagonists. Or more accurately, the dry British humor in which the story is told - never making a joke of the world, but let the re
Piotr
Apr 05, 2012 Piotr rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: epic-fantasy
Zazwyczaj środkowe tomy większości serii fantasy są ich najsłabszym ogniwem - oczywiście są niesamowite wyjątki, jednak - są to wyjątki. W środkowe tomy są zazwyczaj zapchajdziurami, rozwlekającymi niepotrzebne wątki (Koło Cczasu, ekhm) i eksploatującymi bohaterów do znienawidzenia ich przez czytelnika... u Sapkowskiego nic takiego nie ma. Książka jest świetnie skonstruowana pod względem stylistycznym i fabularnym. Mimo iż akcja skupia się w jakichś 80% na wiedźminie i jego drużynie (sic!) to co ...more
Kyle Muntz
Dec 31, 2014 Kyle Muntz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Still the most interesting epic fantasy series I've seen in years, and probably the best. This one is the most focused so far, and also maybe the most organic. Plus David French's translation reads incredibly well. The only problem is I still haven't been able to find any plans for releasing the next book, and it would be terrible if Orbit were to leave the series hanging here. From what I've read, Sapkowski is the most important fantasy writer in Poland, but twenty years later we still have a l ...more
Alain
May 24, 2016 Alain rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Increíble. Tras leer el segundo de la saga, pensaba que Sapkowski no podría sorprenderme otra vez, pero desde luego me equivoqué. Si en los dos libros anteriores veíamos como Geralt perdía protagonismo a favor de Ciri, este libro se centra casi exclusivamente en las andanzas de Geralt, Jaskier y unos cuantos nuevos personajes, siendo marginales las intervenciones de Yennefer y Ciri.

Lo que más me gustó de los dos primeros libros fue la presentación de los personajes por parte de Sapkowski. En esp
мεgяεร.
Aug 29, 2015 мεgяεร. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
fenrir
Aug 18, 2015 fenrir rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anirudh
Oct 28, 2015 Anirudh rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
It is a sad experience when your favourite book lets you down. The Witcher, spawner of books and 3 hugely popular games fails to create the charm it held in the previous books of the series.

Plot The biggest let down of the book, the plot of Baptism of Fire is simply non existent. The story is about Geralt setting out to find Ciri but the story gets lost midway. In the whole book, nothing really happens. The witcher mopes, grunts and travels and yet reaches nowhere. There is no ending or a twist
Joseph
May 18, 2015 Joseph rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bit of an odd duck, this one. On the one hand, I genuinely enjoyed reading it -- Geralt is an appealing character, and I like the world; it's suitably grubby and Eastern European in feel. On the other hand, this particular book really only works in context of the larger series -- it doesn't feel like a standalone; it feels like a couple hundred pages chopped from the middle of a larger work.

So: Read it if you're already following the series; if not, best go back and start at the beginning.
Kristen
Feb 22, 2016 Kristen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A bit more serious than the previous books, this one still has its amusing moments. Sapkowski excels in character interactions, and it's one of the things I love about the series. Though there isn't as much Ciri, Yennefer, or Triss in this book as before, it's still good, and I'm itching to start the next book (with excitement and anxiety)!
Olethros
-El estilo sigue siendo propio pero la trama ya no.-

Género. Narrativa Fantástica.

Lo que nos cuenta. En Brokilón, la driada Milva recuerda durante una cacería cuando conoció al brujo Geralt, herido, y se le ordenó tratarle bien en contra de su voluntad e incluso colaborar con él. El imperio de Nilfgaard continua su política expansiva y sus agentes colaboradores están muy activos, infiltrados en muchos lugares importantes para sus rivales. Quinto libro de la saga de Geralt De Rivia.

¿Quiere saber m
Mark Halse
Feb 23, 2016 Mark Halse rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a vast improvement on the last installment. Two thirds of the book follows Geralt. We get a classic story of the Witcher on the road with Dandelion at his side and dwarves and gnomes abound. We even get a cool vampire sidekick!

My one issue is that though a lot happens in this book the story doesn't progress much. It takes the whole book for our main characters to figure out what we as the reader knew half way through the last book: Ciri is not is Nilfgaard.

Beside this tiny flaw this wa
Niina
May 03, 2015 Niina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, favorites
Baptism of Fire is the third novel (fifth book overall) in The Witcher series. It follows Geralt and Ciri as they travel across war-ridden lands in search of each other.

Geralt of Rivia, the witcher, is trying to recover from wounds of his last battle but he has no time for rest. Ciri, the Child of Destiny and heir to the throne of Cintra is still missing, and Geralt needs to find her. But there are others looking for her too, and the result could be catastrophic if she falls to the wrong hands.

W
Sebastien
Mar 19, 2015 Sebastien rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, videogames
That was... rather bad actually.

It was meandering and pointless, none of the characters really managed to do, well, anything. Geralt walked around a bit along the river but is still pretty damn far from getting where he wants to go. Ciri is still pretty much at the same place (both geographically and mentally) as she was last novel and the sorceress spent the whole novel building a misandrist cult that still hasn't really done anything.

Geralt was actually extremely obnoxious in this novel. He sp
❅ Eze ❅
Apr 13, 2015 ❅ Eze ❅ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Impresionante, majestuoso, el mejor volumen de la saga hasta ahora.
No crei que ninguno me iba a gustar mas que "El Ultimo Deseo", pero este no deja de sorprender en cada capitulo, lleno de intrigas y conspiraciones, guerras y batallas, vueltas de tuerca que te dejan boquiabierto.
Y el final ufff, sublime, un final epico que te hace sentir que aprovechaste al maximo el tiempo que pasaste leyendolo y ademas te deja con ganas de continuar con el siguiente.

Es una saga de 5 estrellas propiamente dicho
Jeshu
Aug 20, 2012 Jeshu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Uno de los mejores libros en la saga, definitivamente. De partida porque Geralt vuelve a ser el protagonista de la serie que lleva su nombre.
Muchas cosas inesperadas ocurren para seguir la historia, y la verdad es que me tomaron por sorpresa. Hace mucho que no me tocaba un libro que fuera tan poco predecible, por eso amo a Sapkowski. Sabe como hacer la trama interesante.

La escena de la batalla del Yaruga es espectacular: tiene su dosis de acción y, entremedio, de humor. Infaltable. Y ahora Ger
Alkim
Feb 29, 2016 Alkim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who's going to wait till May for the next translation?? I feel a void in my life and I don't know how to deal with it
Hanka
Jul 30, 2013 Hanka rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
hrám sa na prísnu a dávam len 4/5, hoci by som pokojne mohla dať aj 5. nejde o to, že by mi na tejto časti niečo vadilo, za čo by si zaslúžila jednu hviezdu dolu, skôr o to, že sa dej príliš ďaleko nepohol, bola to viac-menej medzičasť (a trošičku mi chýbalo viac Ciri). napriek tomu som sa ani na moment nenudila a knihu som prečítala prakticky na dva záťahy. ako vždy som aj pobavila, aj som našla pekné myšlienky, aj ma pichlo pri srdci. už teraz sa teším na posledné dva diely (a vymyslela som di ...more
Edward Rathke
Oct 22, 2014 Edward Rathke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book four needs to be out now. Loving the ride. These books are so peculiar and so impossibly awesome. Never really encountered epic fantasy like this, and it's going to be the benchmark for all fiction I read going forward.

Sapkowski forever.
Sara
Mar 14, 2015 Sara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.

This is not a negative review :)
To be continued.
Isabel Bitterblau
Dec 04, 2014 Isabel Bitterblau rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
De la saga es el que me parece hasta ahora que incluye más relleno, pero me alegro mucho de la aparición de Milva ...more
Tim Ormsby
Dec 23, 2014 Tim Ormsby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The only problem with this book is waiting for the next one to be translated into english!
Jordi Gil
Jun 11, 2015 Jordi Gil rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4/5 Stars.

I have mixed feelings with this one. Half way through the book I was rating it as a spartan 3 and leaning towards a 2.5 on the long run. However the book improved somehow during the second half by providing a more captivating story.

My problem with this one is that it's a filler, a book that doesn't move the story forward and mostly provides background knowledge for the following books so that the reader can understand the ramifications of the present. In fact, there is one chapter tha
Abiola
Apr 03, 2015 Abiola rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am completely in love with the Witcher series and cannot wait for the other books to be translated. I am especially impress with how Sapkowski handles his characters as they all have their own goals and ambitions. Sapkowski intends for you to fall in love with Geralt and you do along with every other character in the book. He is a competent, resilient warrior and his type doesn't seem to be readily available, both in the Witcher world and among other fantasy series.

The story itself can be ted
Roseb612
Feb 07, 2015 Roseb612 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Roseb612 by: David_dd
Pro mne zatím nejslabší díl série, byť jsem ho měla paradoxně přečtený nejrychleji (asi že jsem u něj také nemusela tolik přemýšlet). Celá komplikovaná struktura předchozích dílů se tady smrskla na prakticky lineární vyprávění o "záchraně princezny." Ne že by to bylo vyloženě špatné, koukala jsem, že tento díl patří mezi nejlépe hodnocené, ale pro mě to prostě bylo zklamání. Ciri se v celém dílu vyskytuje minimálně, předchozí děj se také osvětlí pouze velmi zkratkovitě a Geralt se chová jako roz ...more
Chris Galford
Jul 31, 2014 Chris Galford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Simply delightful, though I dare say it was a painful wait for it! I should also add that it might be my favorite of the English translated Witcher novels so far—a beautiful blend of character, political deviance, and magical shenanigans (which is my way of saying action of many kinds). Though the forward progress can drag its heels a bit at times, feeling as though the wheels are turning (and, admittedly, a lot being learned) without actually progressing, there is not a single of these moments ...more
Carlos
Jul 16, 2015 Carlos rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
!Que buena historia esta de Geralt de Rivia!
En este quinto libro, el ritmo de la historia ha bajado un poco, se ha hecho un poquito más lento, pero quizás necesario para poder darte cuenta de la evolución de la trama. Lo mejor de la historia y lo que más me ha sorprendido es la introducción de nuevos personajes desde cero, y poder conocerlos a la vez que Geralt y Jaskier. Buenísimos los nuevos personajes, Milva, Cahir y sobre todo del genial Regis. Ha habido escenas memorables, las escenas fina
Nofuture
May 10, 2013 Nofuture rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Vojna je v plnom prúde, Ciri stratená niekde na Nilfgaardskom území, Geralt rozbitý, dolámaný a s jediným cieľom. Nájsť svoju Ciri. Aj keby mal putovať roky a úplne sám. Čaká ho naozaj dlhá cesta, ale samoty sa nedočká (aj keď sa spoločnosti bráni zubami nechtami).

Putovanie tam a zase spiatky by bolo trošku málo, takže sa začínajú diať veľké veci vo svete mágov a popri tom sa pátra po zradcoch, Ciri (nielen Geralt, ale aj cisár a rôzne tajné služby) a Ciri dospieva, stráca svoju nevinnosť a hroz
english version? 2 14 Feb 26, 2015 12:58PM
  • Pan Lodowego Ogrodu. Tom 2
  • Sługa Boży (Mordimer Madderdin, #1)
  • Siewca Wiatru (Zastępy Anielskie, #2)
  • Achaja. Tom II (Achaja, #2)
  • Limes inferior
  • Inne Pieśni
  • Tkacz iluzji (Kroniki Drugiego Kręgu, #1)
  • Czarownik Iwanow (Kroniki Jakuba Wędrowycza, #2)
  • Zawód: Wiedźma, Część 1 (Wolha Redna, #1)
  • Opowieści z meekhańskiego pogranicza. Północ - Południe
  • Ida sierpniowa (Jeżycjada, #4)
Andrzej Sapkowski, born June 21, 1948 in Łódź, is a Polish fantasy writer. Sapkowski studied economics, and before turning to writing, he had worked as a senior sales representative for a foreign trade company. His first short story, The Witcher (Wiedźmin), was published in Fantastyka, Poland's leading fantasy literary magazine, in 1986 and was enormously successful both with readers and critics. ...more
More about Andrzej Sapkowski...

The Witcher (7 books)
  • The Last Wish (The Witcher, #1)
  • Miecz przeznaczenia (Saga o Wiedźminie, #2)
  • Krew elfów (Saga o Wiedźminie, #3)
  • Czas pogardy (Saga o Wiedźminie, #4)
  • Wieża Jaskółki (Saga o Wiedźminie, #6)
  • Pani Jeziora (Saga o Wiedźminie, #7)

“- Kompania mi się trafiła - podjął Geralt, kręcąc głową. - Towarzysze broni! Drużyna bohaterów! Nic, tylko ręce załamać. Wierszokleta z lutnią. Dzikie i pyskate pół driady, pół baby. Wampir, któremu idzie na pięćdziesiąty krzyżyk. I cholerny Nilfgaardczyk, który upiera się, że nie jest Nilfgaardczykiem.
- A na czele drużyny wiedźmin, chory na wyrzuty sumienia, bezsiłę i niemożność podjęcia decyzji - dokończył spokojnie Regis. - Zaiste, proponuję podróżować incognito, by nie wzbudzać sensacji.
- I śmiechu - dodała Milva.”
21 likes
“You surround the dead with veneration and memory, you dream of immortality, and in your myths and legends there’s always someone being resurrected, conquering death. But were your esteemed late great-grandfather really to suddenly rise from the grave and order a beer, panic would ensue.” 10 likes