Start by marking “Ten Prayers God Always Says Yes To: Divine Answers to Life's Most Difficult Problems” as Want to Read:

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  200 ratings  ·  31 reviews
There have been thousands of books written about prayer and millions of sermons preached about it, yet people continue to wonder: Why doesn’t God answer me when I cry out to him? In light of all the problems we face in life, we want to know why God is often so “silent” when we pray to him. Anthony DeStefano, author of the bestselling A Travel Guide to Heaven, knew there ha ...more
Published May 1st 2007 by Doubleday Religion

To ask other readers questions about Ten Prayers God Always Says Yes To, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ten Prayers God Always Says Yes To

Aug 05, 2014 booklady rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to booklady by: my dear friend, Morning Star
Several years ago when a good friend’s 16 year old son committed suicide and she was finally talking about and looking for something to read on grief, I thought about this book. I remembered Marian Hammaren’s powerful testimony about how DeStefano’s book helped her recover from the terrible tragedy of losing her only daughter during the 2007 Virginia Tech shooting. After that I bought the book meaning to read it ... but never got around to the book.

Mary's pain and wanting to help her was my ince
Mr. DeStefano has written a short, but encouraging book on prayer. As the title promises, he lists and discusses ten prayers he affirms that God will always answer:
* God, show me that You exist
* God, make me an instrument
* God, outdo me in generosity
* God, get me through this suffering
* God, forgive me
* God, give me peace
* God, give me courage
* God, give me wisdom
* God, bring good out of this bad situation
* God, lead me to my destiny

God desperately wants to communicate with us. "In fact, the his
I was surprised by how small this book is when I checked it out of the library. But it's a real gem. It's going on my Amazon wishlist, because I'm sure I'll want to refer back to it again and again. It's quite inspirational. The ten prayers are very simple, but the insight in the chapters is amazing. I skipped over chapter 9 (Will I Ever Be Happy Again? God, Bring Good Out of This Bad Situation), because I don't think it's relevant to me right now.

The ten prayers are:
1. God, show
I'm not really a very sentimental or emotional person, so I can't give an accurate review on how it would feel to read. If I was to guess, I would guess that most people would really love this. I think it has a lot of emotional appeal.

But more importantly (to my prejudice mind) it also happens to be a great book for theology.

In a world where so many prayers go unanswered, a book about 10 that will always be answered is very welcome, and very thought provoking. And because it's theology is solid
It's amazing to note that in our lives we may offer up many prayers to God and the majority will go unanswered (due to our intentions and many other divine factors that we are not aware of). It's great to know that there are 10 prayers that God will always say Yes to because they are always in line with his will and these are it. This is a great read, not only does the author show you the 10 prayers but he gives a in depth analysis on why they work from both a theological and every day thinking ...more
This is a powerful, concise book of ten prayers that if you pray them, they will ALWAYS come true. I read it for my Sunday School class, a chapter a week, and it was just very comforting. Not overly scriptural or preachy, and the author tries to appeal to people who are spiritual, not only Christians. A great introductory book to someone exploring their faith or wondering whether prayer is really effective (or even if God exists at all and can answer your prayers). Very readable.
This amazing book should be read and reread and given to friends.
Jody Phillips
This book had so much to teach me.
I found this book affirming how I speak with God. It's not preachy, gives meaningful examples and quotes scripture only to emphasize Why certain prayers are answered. It's not a narrative but more of a conversation. A good book to start 2015 with.
Birney Bull
Excellent! I originally assumed this would be a superficial fluff piece. Light, in places, it is; but lacking in depth? Not at all! He has a gift for making complex theological principles recognizable in everyday life.
I wanted to do more with this book than I did. I wanted to read the Scriptures that he referenced. But, I read this book during a long,long wait in the doc's office, and I was struck with DeStefano's examples. They weren't examples I could really relate to, in thought or knowing of these examples.

I tried to think of life situations in which the 10 different prayers would apply, and I think the overall theme are on target. And I do agree the prayer God answers immediately is "God, make me an inst
Terry Southard
Actually a reread.
Mary Alice
This was good. It is different from the spiritual books I usually read. I tend to read the mystics whose message you need to ponder deeply. This book is simple and not laden down with over-your-head theological concepts. Each chapter relates to a different life circumstance and the author lays out a prayer that relates. What makes this book unique is that the prayers come from a perspective that the general and/or overwhelmed mind tends to overlook.
Wonderful book on prayer. Good for a wide spectrum of people from those that are searching or don't know to those who want to learn how to strengthen their current prayer life. There were two spots in the book that I had questions / concerns about the authors writings although they aren't big enough to cause major concern.

Great book with a simple approach to prayers that God will always answer in the affirmative.
Not bad; I read it in fits and starts, and actually enjoyed it best that way. Some bits I definitely thought... unsubstantiated, but I also found it profound in places. Enough to even blog about at one point! It's the sort of book I will probably pick up and read bits again from time to time.
The best kind of book: simple but profound; tells you something old and makes it new again.

1. Show me that you exist
2. Make me an instrument
3. Outdo me in generosity
4. Get me through this suffering
5. Forgive me
6. Give me peace
7. Give me courage
8. Give me wisdom
9. Bring good out of this bad situation (Rom 8:28)
10. Lead me to my destiny
This book is just what it sounds like. Although I disagree with the author about some key theological points, I don't disagree with the premise. This is no Prayer of Jabez, and DeStefano emphasizes repeatedly that God's not a vending machine. :) I was encouraged and gleaned a few helpful insights.
Dec 07, 2009 Evelyn rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Evelyn by:
The power of these prayers becomes evident upon praying them. I used this book for my Sunday School class. Everyone who wants to live the abundant life God wants us to should learn and pray these prayers daily.
This book offers a new way to look at prayer. Perhaps it's not that our prayers are not getting answered, but that we're saying the wrong prayers. By the way, ask me how the first prayer got answered...
May 24, 2009 Joan rated it 5 of 5 stars
This is a compelling read about a subject in which most people are interested, or at least curious. The question of "WHY?" when prayers aren't answered was the author's quest, and this book was the result.
I was skeptical at first at any book that presumes to know the mind of God, but this book encourages honest prayer, right relationship with God, and has nice analogies. It's a quick read.
The concepts and examples are great! This has changed the way I pray. But the author's certainty that he is correct is a little off-putting.
Fr. Ted
Not my cup of tea. His claims and examples struck me often as being lame. It is a book written for marketing purposes.
I want to read this book a few more times - it is full of grandmother's wisdom that you want to become a part of you. LOVE IT.
John Murray, II
This book is the best prayer guideline ever. Very simple and to the point with biblical explanation provided.
A thought provoking journey. It can be useful when searching for more in your day to day life.
Janet Meissner
loved the chapters on "am i a bad person" and "why am i here"
Explains how Christians think quite well. Good insight.
this is a great, short, direct book. All teens should read.
A must have book for every Christian out there.
  • Surrender! The Life Changing Power of Doing God's Will
  • G.K. Chesterton: The Apostle of Common Sense
  • The Journey: A Spiritual Roadmap for Modern Pilgrims
  • God's Choice: Pope Benedict XVI and the Future of the Catholic Church
  • The One Thing Is Three: How the Most Holy Trinity Explains Everything
  • A Biblical Walk Through the Mass: Understanding What We Say and Do In The Liturgy
  • The Secret Of The Rosary
  • The Sacrament of the Present Moment
  • Death On A Friday Afternoon: Meditations On The Last Words Of Jesus From The Cross
  • Consoling the Heart of Jesus: A Do-It-Yourself Retreat- Inspired by the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius
  • Theology for Beginners
  • When the Well Runs Dry: Prayer Beyond the Beginnings
  • Poustinia: Encountering God in Silence, Solitude and Prayer (Madonna House Classics Vol.1)
Anthony DeStefano is the bestselling author of A Travel Guide to Heaven, Ten Prayers God Always Says Yes To, Angels All Around Us, and the children's books, This Little Prayer of Mine, Little Star, The Donkey that No One Could Ride, and gift book, I Just Can't Take it Anymore. He has received many prestigious awards from religious organizations worldwide for his efforts to advance Christian belief ...more
More about Anthony DeStefano...