Start by marking “A Corpse in the Soup” as Want to Read:
A Corpse in the Soup

A Corpse in the Soup

3.56  ·  Rating Details  ·  66 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews

Identical twin sisters Goldie and Godiva take a wild and funny romp through the glitzy world of TV chefs - in search of a killer.

When Godiva Olivia DuBois, a.k.a. G.O.D. - an advice columnist from Beverly Hills - takes her niece Chili to a taping of the TV cooking show Flirting with Food she's selected from the audience as a food taster - and winds up in the hospital with

Published March 14th 2009 by L&L Dreamspell (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about A Corpse in the Soup, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Corpse in the Soup

Diana Long
Jan 25, 2015 Diana Long rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely a hilarious read. Murder, madness and mayhem abounds in this novel, not only the characters for the most part have funny names but the authors game them such wonderful personalities, The story was very well written and easy to follow. I know not everyone has the same sort of sense of humor but if you've ever been a fan of Lucille Ball and Vivian Vance (I Love Lucy), Bette Midler in her comedic roles or Estelle Getty (Sofia from The Golden Girls) you should surely enjoy this work.
Yvonne Crowe
Oct 03, 2014 Yvonne Crowe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It has always puzzled me why good satirical crime novels don't sell as well as mystery thrillers and romance books.
What's wrong with a damn good laugh?
This novel is a rollicking, funny, bizarre, witty and thoroughly entertaining story about the world of TV chefs in particular.Those that lord it over the kitchens of our finer hotels, restaurants and cafes are on par with these precious, moody, jealous prima donnas..
I know, as my son was a very talented chef who had the good sense to quit the sc
Ellen
Feb 10, 2014 Ellen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I tried but didn’t get past the sixth chapter. Too many cutesy play-on-word efforts and vaguely disguised imitations of better stuff.
Martha Cheves
Aug 08, 2009 Martha Cheves rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Corpse in the Soup - Reviewed by Martha A. Cheves, Author of Stir, Laugh, Repeat

Some one is sabotaging the cooking show of America's favorite Chef. Food testers are coming down with food poisoning, the Baked Alaska is blowing up and the paprika is as hot as Hades. But who would do this and why?

When I was young I enjoyed playing the board game "Clue." What made this game so much fun were the characters. So now I want to introduce you to the characters of A Corpse in the Soup. Let's see if you c
Christy
Jul 03, 2009 Christy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Goldie Silver and Godiva Olivia DuBois may be identical twins with the ability to communicate with one another telepathically, but that’s where their similarity ends. Fashion-conscious Godiva, living in Beverly Hills, writes an advice column called Ask G.O.D. Free spirit Goldie lives in Juneau, Alaska, where she owns an antique store. Godiva takes Goldie’s daughter Chili, a sous chef, to the taping of popular Chef Caesar Romano’s show. Romano asks Godiva to sample the food and she passes out fro ...more
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
This book was a hoot to read. The blurb on the back cover condenses the story best, "Identical twin sisters Goldie and Godiva take a wild and funny romp through the glitzy world of TV chefs - in search of a killer!"

This debut novel is the introduction to a series involving Goldie Silver, an antique dealer in Juneau, Alaska and her sister, Godiva, an advice columnist that goes by G.O.D. (Godiva Olivia DuBois.) Godiva is flooded with mail and needs help...now. Enlisted to help is the twin's 80yr o
Karen
Feb 07, 2014 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, fiction
The Silver Sisters Mystery series first offering.
Well read by Stephanie Brush. I enjoy most anything she reads.
This tale is centered around the Silver Sisters.. One lives in Alaska and her twin lives in Beverly Hills. Although identical twins their life styles and personalities are very different.
Their elderly, Jewish mother and Uncle live with the sister in Beverly Hills and add fun "color" to the tale.
This isn't a "high tension" murder mystery but it was a fun listen.
Corinne
Jan 08, 2016 Corinne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such a fun read. Actually, a fun listen, since I listened to the audiobook.

I especially enjoyed that the story took place in the same neighborhood where I grew up (and the heroines went to my high school) and that the family was Jewish, with the typical lingo, speech patterns, and use of Yiddish terms.
Morgan St.
May 23, 2009 Morgan St. rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
What I learned from this book is that I can write books people like. My sister and I write the wacky Silver Sisters series. The protagonists are silver-haired Mae West lookalikes with a nose for trouble. Goldie Silver, an over-the-hill hippie who lives in Juneau, Alaska and her twin, Godiva Olivia DuBois, wealthy Beverly Hills widow and advice columnist author of the lovelorn column "Ask G.O.D." When Godiva is poisoned on Chef Caesar Romano's show "Flirting With Food" he flirts with more than fo ...more
Sandy
Nov 13, 2015 Sandy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

This book was good. It kept my interest from beginning to end. I especially liked the ending. I look forward to reading more.
Vykki
Jun 30, 2015 Vykki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: great-book
This was a great cozy mystery. It had all the right ingredients great characters and a story that wrapped around so you had to keep reading.
Louise
Dec 05, 2015 Louise rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A real page turner, mystery, humour, romance. Love the imaginative names of some of the characters.
Teena
Jan 11, 2015 Teena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny little who done it with lots of endearing characters
Kay (Brigidsmomma) Compton
I got this book to read as an award winner for a challenge i am working on, but alas, the award was in a different category than I needed it to be. Still, I really enjoyed it and can see why it was an award winner... The characters are funny and full of crazy antics and ideas, although the names are a bit too alliterate for my tastes. The plot is well developed and the action, while zany does keep one's interest. I'd definitely read another book or two by these authors...
alice Tileston
Nov 29, 2015 alice Tileston rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved it!
Evelyn
Oct 16, 2014 Evelyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one zany cozy mystery. Quirky characters with even quirkier names, a murder at a chef's cook-off television show and lots of crazy antics by the twin sister amateur sleuth team, Goldie and Godiva, along with all their equally slightly-off-the wall relatives, makes this a light and funny cozy mystery. I have to admit, it was really different and I enjoyed the slight twist at the very end.
Angela
Oct 07, 2008 Angela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Angela by: goodreads site
Very Good and Funny. I esp. liked the language and accents used by the reader on audiobook. I love twins and stories about twins so this was an extra fun book to hear.
Great mystery as well and the older members of the Silver family are hilarious!
Carol
Morgan St. James has written an amusing cozy mystery to say the least. The antics of all those involved had me laughing throughout this mystery. Looking forward to following this author.
Mary Schildman
Oct 03, 2014 Mary Schildman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Campy mystery

Great cozy mystery, really good story, great characters, lousy characters names. Really loved the characters. Will buy the next book in the series.
Tanya
Jan 12, 2015 Tanya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, kindle
This was a fun book
Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Karan Wilson
Karan Wilson marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Evelyn Fox
Evelyn Fox marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
SuzPepper 2.0
SuzPepper 2.0 marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Star
Star marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Cozy Mysteries : Silver Sisters Mysteries are back! 1 16 Jul 20, 2014 06:44PM
  • Two Widows and the Thrift Store Murders
  • Miz Scarlet and the Vanishing Visitor
  • Taking Out the Trailer Trash
  • Flip That Haunted House (Haunted Renovation Mystery, #1)
  • A Temporary Ghost (Georgia Lee Maxwell, #2)
  • Gemini Rising (Mischievous Malamute, #1)
  • Honeymoons Can Be Murder (A Charlie Parker Mystery #6)
  • Murder a la Mode (Savannah Reid, #10)
  • Full Moon, Bloody Moon
  • The Celtic Dagger (Alistair Fitzjohn Mystery, #1)
  • One Garish Ghost & Blueberry Peach Jam (Dead by the Numbers, #1)
  • Deep Sleepers (Tom Blake #1)
  • Shell Shock: A Gus Conrad Thriller
  • Brood: Horror Mystery for Paranormal Thriller Fans (#1)
  • Don't Tell Presley! (a Dani Ripper Novel Book 4)
  • Lock the Cellar Door (Gen Delacourt Mystery #6)
  • How to Seduce a Ghost (Lee Bartholomew, #1)
  • The Christmas Carol Murders