Start by marking “Along Came Trouble” as Want to Read:
Along Came Trouble

Along Came Trouble (The Trinity Harbor Trilogy #3)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  753 ratings  ·  36 reviews
In Trinity Harbor, a little trouble breathes new life into love...Sheriff Tucker Spencer has seen some action...but finding an almost-naked woman asleep in his bed leaves him speechless. Especially because this same woman, Mary Elizabeth, broke Tucker's heart six years ago by marrying a charismatic Virginia politician, a man who's just been found shot dead.

Mary Elizabeth n...more
Published May 1st 2010 by Mira (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Along Came Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Along Came Trouble

Jess
A nice ending to the trilogy, but I really disliked the main character Liz. She was a spoiled brat. She wanted what SHE wanted and didn't care who she hurt in the process. The backstory, she was with Tucker when they were younger and everyone expected them to get married, so what does Liz do? She leaves him for someone who would "make more of himself". Flash forward a few years, something happens to Liz so she goes running to Tucker to help her. And she doesn't care that he might lose his job/re...more
Erinw
Liz comes home to find her husband, who she was planning to divorce, shot dead. She leaves the scene of the crime without calling 911 in order to visit her ex-boyfriend (the local sheriff) who she hasn't seen for 9 years. When Liz doesn't find the ex-boyfriend at home, she goes into his house, showers off her husband's blood and then falls asleep in the ex-boyfriend's bed wearing only his shirt which she stole from his dresser.

Does this make any sense to you? If so, you might enjoy this book. I...more
Jm
Nous voilà de retour dans la petite ville côtière de Trinity Harbor, mais cette fois-ci, c'est pour résoudre un meurtre... et peut-être aussi (re)trouver l'amour.

Larry Chandler a été assassiné dans sa maison de Trinity Harbor et c'est sa femme, Liz, qui l'a découvert. Liz, la femme qui a autrefois brisé le cœur de Tucker Spencer en le quittant pour Larry. Sachant que tout la désigne comme la coupable du meurtre, elle décide d'aller frapper chez Tucker pour lui demander son aide et se retrouve à...more
Mirella Grace
Seri penutup ini cukup 3 bintang aja. Paling jelek di antara ketiga seri. Tapi, tetep oke karena ada suspense nya meskipun dikit banget.

Emang yang namanya cinta sejati kagak lari kemana mana yaaa. Liat aja tuh, Tucker ama Liz... Biar kata si Liz kawin ama cowok lain, tetep aja buntutnya balik lagi ama Tucker.

Oh iya, dari 3 cowok tokoh utama, akhirnya daku menyimpulkan bahwa Walker Ames (dari seri 1) tetep yang paling oke. Entahlah kenapa. Mungkin karena seri 1 yang paling aku suka, jadi semuany...more
Luisa
This was the third book in the Trinity Harbor trilogy. Although it was the better written of the three, it was my least favorite. It sorta offended me that Tucker would forgive and help the woman who was his high school sweetheart and lover and who dumped him for a politician because he could give her a ritzier life in Richmond. When we learn that the guy was a serial adulterer and her marriage was not happy, my feelings were that she deserved it for dumping such a worthwhile man. Later on I cou...more
Caro
This book was pretty good. I liked the humor, the characters, and the things that popped up. This is great for cuddling up or for the rainy day read. There was a little suspense, some scheming, and some family love. Personally, Liz wasn't the best character. I understand not everyone's perfect, but I can't really feel it. It's a little too selfish and she doesn't change/grow-up she just changes her mind about what she wants. I would read this again and would like to read the rest of the series t...more
Lani
Still not sure how I feel about a woman shacking up with a man a few weeks after her husbands death. I understand she never stopped loving him and that her marriage was essentially over, but it's still a little hard to swallow for me. I could probably take it better if her husband had just up and left her, but murder/death is a devasting event-you don't just bounce back like she did. Aside from that fact, it was a good story with the lovely predictable ending that I expect in these kind of books...more
Denise
It was an okay read. I haven't read the first two books yet, so was a bit at a disadvantage. It was a fun, light read, nothing too serious or intense.

The author used the damsel in a lot of trouble needing a police sheriff to come to her rescue theme. In this case there had been already a relationship and she had burned him once. But like all good people he was able to forgive and forget, allowing his hormones to override his common sense.
Peggy
I liked Tuckers story.
It was funny heart warming and Liz was A likbule person.

I really do like Sherry Wodds but i think reading the three books one behind the outher just dosn't work for me becuse you get abit of the outher storys to.
So instade of reading one behind the outher i will try to give myself a lil somthing else to read.
But The Book Was Greate
Loved all Three of them.
Ashley
This was a cute, fluffy read -- although the mystery plot running through the novel did keep the pace going. The characters were likeable and endearing, and I really enjoyed the shifting third person point of view. The book was nothing to write home about, but it was certainly a fun casual read. I will likely pick up another book from the trilogy, although it's not at the top of my to-read list.
Sue Q
After selecting this book on GR as read (it has been sitting on my shelf complete for some time now), I realized that this book may be part of a series?!? Who knew! Well - if it is, it was quite easy to pick up and read without knowing the history of any other story lines. It was a light, quick read with a bit of spunk.
Cheryl
This was my least favorite book of the series. It just did not have the flow that the other two did. In fact, I had almost stopped reading it a few times. But, I wanted to finish the trilogy, so kept at it. The end of the book was back to the flow of the first two and I'm glad that I stuck with it.
Donna
This was my favorite of this trilogy..the elements I didn't like in the first two were not in this one. Tucker and Mary Elizabeth were likeable, sympathetic characters that I found myself rooting for!! The supense and romance were both well done and I really liked King and Frances' story.
Nancy
This book is one of Sherryl Woods best in my opinion. The murder plot added another dimension to the love story. I love the way she keeps the reader updated on previous characters and I find reading her books in the order they are written enhances my reader pleasure.
Eli
Well written, etc., but perhaps b/c it's the 3rd in a series the author felt it wasn't necessary to create empathy for the characters. And the cast of characters is huge...again, maybe why their personalities seemed so flat?
Mary Waite
I finished it but debated if I should. It was fine. A fluffy romance NOT a mystery although there was a murder investigation. Everything ended perfect and sweet. Not my kind of book. Plus just the one sex scene. What fun is that?
Mic Tov
One of my favorite bits of dialogue comes from these pages. Between Tucker and Walker on the phone. Can't quote it exactly- something along the lines of "Rollover and tell her."
Gail Jorgensen
The final and best one of the triliogy as it had a murder mystery added to the romance part easy reading and a book you could put down when you had to do other things.
B
Relatively uninteresting, but I was able to get through it with a moderate amount of interest. Its pretty much exactly what you would expect from this type of book.
Danthony74
Enjoyed the book. Fun read. King Spencer was such a funny character. Will look for the other 2 books in the trilogy of Trinity Harbor.
Jacque
I had a hard time finding any characters I liked in this book. I thought King Spencer was entertaining. The rest were just melodramatic.
Debra
The last in the trilogy. The murder mystery plot was nice, but the ending was the sappy "They all lived happily ever after."
Michele
I'm always sad to see the end of a trilogy.
Sweet family saga with all the right touches of love, suspense, and humor!
Irma
Totalmente distinto a todos. Asesinato, política y un poco de intriga. Siempre un mensaje medio escondido.
Tanya
This is the first book that I read by this author and it was a blast to read!
Marnie
Murder mystery book with a love story involved. Enjoyable read.
Tammy Foster
Easy read, not fantastic literature by any means, very predictable.
Rhonda
Enjoyed all three books in the trinity harbor series
Maggie Bermann
nice easy quick read..though wasnt that keen on Liz!
Gina
another enjoyable read, love the Spencer family!
  • Down by the River (Grace Valley Trilogy, #3)
  • Married In Seattle (First Comes Marriage & Wanted: Perfect Partner)
  • Snowfall at Willow Lake (Lakeshore Chronicles, #4)
  • Marrying for King's Millions (Kings of California, #2)
With two other careers to her credit before becoming a novelist and four states in which she's lived for extended periods of time, Sherryl Woods has collected friends and memories, along with way too much unnecessary junk.

"The friends are the only things I've brought with me through the years that really matter," she says. "I could probably live without one more chintz teacup, another tin-litho sa...more
More about Sherryl Woods...
The Inn at Eagle Point (Chesapeake Shores, #1) Stealing Home (The Sweet Magnolias #1) Harbor Lights (Chesapeake Shores, #3) Beach Lane (Chesapeake Shores #7) Flowers on Main (Chesapeake Shores, #2)