Start by marking “Breaking Point (Troubleshooters, #9)” as Want to Read:
Breaking Point (Troubleshooters, #9)

Breaking Point (Troubleshooters #9)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  6,413 ratings  ·  239 reviews
5 Compact Discs / 6 hours

The Barnes & Noble Review
Suzanne Brockmann's readers like their action -- and their passion -- delivered high-speed and full-throttle. Brockmann more than delivers in this exciting thriller that features a reluctant romance between FBI negotiator Max Bhagat and Gina Vitagliano.

The reluctance is strictly on Max's part. The two met when Gina was

Audio CD, Abridged, 5 pages
Published August 28th 2010 by Brilliance Audio (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Breaking Point, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breaking Point

As often in this series, Brockmann includes two romantic pairings. More frequently she will resolve a storyline from an earlier book while introducing an additional pairing that may or may not be resolved in the same book (some particularly fraught relationships need several books to work things out). In this case, both stories began several books (and several elapsed year of fictional time) earlier, with Molly and Grady upstaging the heroes Ken and Savannah in Out of Control and Max repeatedly ...more
Okay, Okay. I'm a Max fan. I'm a Jules fan. I'm a Gina fan. So why wasn't this a 5 star book?

Yeah, I don't know either. It just wasn't. The book was good, don't get me wrong. Parts of it were extraordinary, actually. The plot was great, although the reasoning behind it was a little weak for me. I didn't buy it after a certain point.

The action was great, although it was a little too unlikely.

Jules as Max was wonderful. More than meets the eye, definitely. He can be just as Max-esque as Max, an
Wendy F
I feel terrible! I feel terrible that I didn't enjoy this book nearly as much as I was hoping to.

I have been waiting and waiting for the Jones/Molly and Max/Gina book, but (for me) it just didn't live up to my anticipation. The first 60% of this installment was done mostly in flashbacks and it was like you were in a never ending prologue. Then, somewhere around the 60% mark all the action picked up, and it was harder to stop reading but... there wasn't an opportunity to really get into it.

I thi
Brockmann seems to have run out of both moral lessons and WWII stories in this installment of the series. I haven't been reading every book in the series, but this is the first I've come across so far that hasn't had both a big overriding "point" and a WWII subplot to emphasize that point.

Without those elements, this is a less interesting, and more typical, action-adventure-romance story. There's nothing particularly fascinating here -- although we do get to know one of the most interesting rec
Hildy (The Book Boss)
4.5 stars. This was my favourite of the series so far! Woot!

To say I've been looking forward to this book is an understatement. I've been dying to get to Max's story since Book 3. I was a little ticked off that I had to wait that long since I'm not really that patient of a person. Sure, the book had long been written but I'm not someone who usually reads a whole series all at once. Luckily I've had some time off recently and I breezed through this in two days. This was fantastic!

I've always th
The ninth book in Suzanne Brockmann's Troubleshooters series. Max Bhagat and Gina Vitagliano were introduced in previous books.

I know a lot of people love this series but truthfully I don't know why I keep at it. There is usually too many storylines going on and some that carry over through several books. Not my favorite style of writing. I will admit I struggled through this.
I got this audiobook and got through the first CD before I realized there was a back story (by checking out Amazon). I then went back and read books 2-6 in this series. If you don't at least read books 3 and 4, you'll be missing out on Max and Gina's (book 3) and Jones and Molly's (book 4) story. You'll also get some background on Jules, who shows up a lot in this series. As a bonus you'll see the Sam and Alyssa story in books 2 - 6. (which is AMAZING)

This was a great audio listen and I found th
3.5stars really
Took a little for me to get into because I am not a fan for flashbacks. While this read didn’t contain true flashbacks it was the jumps in time that didn’t work for me. That being said, this read takes us to the early days of Max at the Bureau and shows us their tumultuous relationship to bring us up to date, when a report that Gina has been killed is brought to Max’s attention. As he goes off to claim her body he finds things are not as they seem. Ex-SEAL Jones’ romance with Moll
Andrea Hussey
In this book we see Max & Gina's relationship such as it's been since the Sam/Alyssa book. We also revisit Molly & Jones from the WIldcard book, and we get a little Jules, which is never enough.

Sigh. I think I've grown tired of Suzanne Brockmann's heroines. Or maybe it's just me. I'm just not feeling the love between the main characters in these books lately. In this case it feels like Gina pushed Max until he finally relented. A lot of the book is them just rehashing the same old argum
So I have finally finished this book. I guess it took me awhile because of my crazy busy schedule but alot had to do with the first half of the book. I was already tired of hearing how Max screwed up things between him and Gina and how he believed that pushing her away was the right thing to do. I wanted someone to kick some sense into his stubborn head. For a real smart FBI negotiator, he really sucked when it came to his personal life. As for Gina, I liked her. She is far more mature than the ...more
I really suffered through the whole book. I hate, hate, hate when the hero and the heroine are separated and in this book, both my heroines were far, far like the other side of the world far, from their men (and rescuers!).

But on the other hand, seeing Max and Jules work together was wonderful!

The book begins with Max and Jules flying to Germany, because they had to recognize Gina corpse, dead in an explosion, before sending her back to her family. Only that Gina corpse is not where it's expect
This is one of my favorites from the series. Max finally gives in to his feelings for Gina. The scenes before he realizes that she is still alive are very intense. They also set him up to give in to his feelings for her as he realizes that life is short and love is not to be turned away. I also love the conclusion of Grady and Molly's story. I love Grady. His life is pretty heart rending and he deserves his HEA.

The suspense part is well done and believable and Jules is on the top of his game her
One of my least favorite TS books, although Brockmann writes so well that even my less-favorites are always included in a series re-read.

This is finally Max and Gina's book but it's told in a crazy time-hopping manner that shows Suz's skill as a writer but doesn't appeal to me personally. A number of things don't actually: Max's desperate need to push Gina away, Gina's personal style (I just don't get the sense she and I would be friends, so I don't feel as invested in her journey), even Molly a
Cheryl Meares
This book had me going. Max and Gina who you first met in Gone Too Far are so in love, but Max is determined to push her away. When he finds out that Gina is killed in a terrorist attack he along with FBI agent Jules Cassidy run to the rescue deteremined to find out what happened.

You'll love this book too. You'll also see Jones and Molly again who you first met in Out of Control.

Sexy, lots of action, great characters with lots of personality. If you read any of the Troubleshooters series you MUS
Breaking Point
Book 9 in Troubleshooters series

Max & Gina; Molly & Jones *sigh* Need I continue? Not really, but okay.

After basically pushing Gina away in a typically masochistically Max-like way, Gina and Max are separated for 18 months while she is off doing volunteer work in Kenya, coincidentally working with Molly Anderson. We get a lot of good flashbacks to see how they got to that point. He's pining for her but refuses to "hurt" her by allowing her to know how much he loves her. She
Oh, boo hoo hoo. This book had me crying in the end. A happy cry, but still a cry. Max you surprised me.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It's not one of my favs, but a very good read.

Jules: Fav character along with Sam Starrett!!!I loved how Jules was there for his side as his friend even when Max didn't know he needed someone to lean on. Jules had Max's back upon first seeing Morant in room with his beat up boss. He, without hesitation, took command and control when Max passed the torc
I was really expecting this to be a quick thriller to read on vacation, but it got really bogged down in all the relationship crap, especially towards the end. No wonder men drop women for talking too much about their relationship! I literally skipped over all the stupid relationship dialogue. The author should have left it out and focused more on a good, complex story.
While this book tells an interesting and potentially compelling story--the first half of the book is told in a series of confusing, difficult to follow, and in my opinion unnecessary flashbacks by the author. Once the story reaches the mid-point and is told completely in the present tense voice it's a decent read.
Carie Mari
I really wanted to love this book. Again, the plot is fantastic and the writing is great, but Max's resistance to Gina, although moral and wonderful, just struck me the wrong way. This has one star only because of my own personal issues with the plot and not because of a bad plot.
Glad to see Max and Gina get their happy ending, heh, but found the flashbacks difficult to follow. Where in the previous books, the flashbacks dealt with the secondary or tertiary love stories of the WWII vets, here it felt clunky and filler-ish. I'd have preferred memory sequences rather than timeline jumping. Gina and Max's troubled history was already established in the previous books, and while I appreciated getting to know them a bit better, the book was overly long.

I'm kind of over this
I have been reading the Troubleshooters series on and off for about 4 years. I always like the idea of SEALs and former SEALs falling in love. However, I am confused about why they all fall for the same woman. I think that Brockmann should be applauded for writing strong woman characters, however, she's really written one and recycled her through 8 books. Successful? Check. Sexy? Check. Emotionally unavailable? Check. They come in different shapes and sizes, but all of them act the same when in ...more
Brenda Margriet
I've read some SB, and while I enjoy her writing there's only so much hunky alpha men I can take, so I tend to spread them out.

Really enjoyed this one. Max is a legendary FBI leader. Gina is 20 years younger than him and has been in love with him for years, every since he helped her when she was part of a hijacked airplane rescue. Their storyline has travelled through a number of SB's books, but you don't really need it for this one.

The timeline flips all over the place for the first half of the
It was a great book! I loved to see Max and Gina. I was kind of worried about the flashbacks, but it all worked out nicely.
Review to come... I have to say that this book was lacking the one thing I wanted... More Max and Gina. It was frustrating.
I've been out of commission for the last week. While being very sick in the hospital, my husband saw I had checked out a couple audio books and brought them so I could have something to do. I'm ashamed to say I picked this book up. The fundamentals of the story are very good, and discuss the freedoms our country enjoy, but what warfare and the effects of it are very interesting. On the flip side, there was some very serious romance, and tons of sex scenes, that I certainly didn't need. Overall o ...more
genre 8 54 Jun 13, 2012 06:43AM
Bored 1 20 Jan 17, 2012 10:27PM
  • In the Dark (SEAL Team 12, #2)
  • Under the Wire (The Bodyguards, #5)
  • Crazy Kisses (Steele Street, #4)
  • Breakpoint (High Risk, #4)
  • Hide and Seek (T-FLAC, #3)
  • Naked Edge (I-Team, #4)
  • Hold on Tight (Hold Trilogy, #3)
Suzanne Brockmann was born in 1960. Married with Ed Gaffney, a lawyer and published writer. They have two grown children: Melanie, who is a personal trainer and author, and Jason, who is an actor and tap dancer. They divide their time between Boston, Massachusetts, Sarasota, Florida and New York City.

Published since 1993, Suzanne is widely recognized as one of the leading voices in suspense romanc
More about Suzanne Brockmann...

Troubleshooters (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • The Unsung Hero (Troubleshooters, #1)
  • The Defiant Hero (Troubleshooters, #2)
  • Over the Edge (Troubleshooters, #3)
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
  • Into the Night (Troubleshooters, #5)
  • Gone Too Far (Troubleshooters, #6)
  • Flashpoint (Troubleshooters, #7)
  • Hot Target (Troubleshooters, #8)
  • Into the Storm (Troubleshooters, #10)
  • Force of Nature (Troubleshooters, #11)

“Mol, it's not probably nothing if they fucking want you to go to Germany."
She winced, and he turned to the people-mostly women- who were filling most of those waiting room seat.
"Excuse me. This doctor thinks my wife, whom I love more than life, has breast cancer, so I'm going to say fuck probably about ten more times. Is that okay with all of you?”
“You have something to say to me, Cassidy, say it. Or shut the fuck up.”
“All right,” Jules said. “I will.” He took a deep breath. Exhaled. “Okay, see, I, well, I love you. Very, very much, and . . .” Where to go from here . . .?
Except, his plain-spoken words earned him not just a glance but Max’s sudden full and complete attention. Which was a little alarming.
But it was the genuine concern in Max’s eyes that truly caught Jules off-guard.
Max actually thought . . . Jules laughed his surprise. “Oh! No, not like that. I meant it, you know, in a totally platonic, non-gay way.”
Jules saw comprehension and relief on Max’s face. The man was tired if he was letting such basic emotions show.
“Sorry.” Max even smiled. “I just . . .” He let out a burst of air. “I mean, talk about making things even more complicated . . .”
It was amazing. Max hadn’t recoiled in horror at the idea. His concern had been for Jules, about potentially hurting his tender feelings. And even now, he wasn’t trying to turn it all into a bad joke.
And he claimed they weren’t friends.
Jules felt his throat tighten. “You can’t know,” he told his friend quietly, “how much I appreciate your acceptance and respect.”
“My father was born in India,” Max told him, “in 1930. His mother was white—American. His father was not just Indian, but lower caste. The intolerance he experienced both there and later, even in America, made him a . . . very bitter, very hard, very, very unhappy man.” He glanced at Jules again. “I know personality plays into it, and maybe you’re just stronger than he was, but . . . People get knocked down all the time. They can either stay there, wallow in it, or . . . Do what you’ve done—what you do. So yeah. I respect you more than you know.”
Holy shit.
Weeping was probably a bad idea, so Jules grabbed onto the alternative. He made a joke. “I wasn’t aware that you even had a father. I mean, rumors going around the office have you arriving via flying saucer—”
“I would prefer not to listen to aimless chatter all night long,” Max interrupted him. “So if you’ve made your point . . .?”
“Okay,” Jules said. “I’m so not going to wallow in that. Because I do have a point. See, I said what I said because I thought I’d take the talk-to-an-eight-year-old approach with you. You know, tell you how much I love you and how great you are in part one of the speech—”
“Speech.” Max echoed.
“Because part two is heavily loaded with the silent-but-implied ‘you are such a freaking idiot.’”
“Ah, Christ,” Max muttered.
“So, I love you,” Jules said again, “in a totally buddy-movie way, and I just want to say that I also really love working for you, and I hope to God you’ll come back so I can work for you again. See, I love the fact that you’re my leader not because you were appointed by some suit, but because you earned very square inch of that gorgeous corner office. I love you because you’re not just smart, you’re open-minded—you’re willing to talk to people who have a different point of view, and when they speak, you’re willing to listen. Like right now, for instance. You’re listening, right?”
“Liar.” Jules kept going. “You know, the fact that so many people would sell their grandmother to become a part of your team is not an accident. Sir, you’re beyond special—and your little speech to me before just clinched it. You scare us to death because we’re afraid we won’t be able to live up to your high standards. But your back is strong, you always somehow manage to carry us with you even when we falter.
“Some people don’t see that; they don’t really get you—all they know is they would charge into hell without hesitation if you gave the order to go. But see, what I know is that you’d be right there, out in front—they’d have to run to keep up with you. You never flinch. You never hesitate. You never rest.”