Start by marking “Ghost in Her Heart (Darklands, #5)” as Want to Read:
Ghost in Her Heart (Darklands, #5)

Ghost in Her Heart (Darklands #5)

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  520 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Every man has a little beast inside...every woman longs to tame him. Where will you be when the beast roars for you?

The quintisential geek, Vana had never had a lover. The ultimte warrior, Dagon had never had a wife. Thanks to a rift in space, she's about to become both.
Published 2005 by New Concepts Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Ghost in Her Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghost in Her Heart

Lexie
Jan 01, 2016 Lexie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not entirely sure what to make of this book. Its apparently the 6th in a series, which I think I have an earlier one of, but the editing is really poor. I'll forgive grammar ('cause lord knows I'm not good with it), but spelling? And improper word usage (dinner! you eat at dinner and IN a DINER, not the other way around!). Old words inexplicably thrown in (wroth? that's a 1000 years out of date).

This doesn't even touch on the somewhat baffling turn of character personalities at times. Vana
Jacqueline
What to say about this one? First off it's really futuristic rather than sci fi. Earth women get abducted through a gate to an alien planet as brides for a culture whose women have been killed by a virus. There you go, end of any sci fi ness. I kind of felt like this story didn't have its feet on the ground. There was nothing real holding it up. As far as I could tell, this society had one building, a big castle. No industry other than practicing for war, peeling potatoes or being medical techni ...more
Jules
Jul 14, 2014 Jules rated it it was ok
1.5*

The two-line synopsis is pretty crappy, so here's a quick overview:

(view spoiler)
Lee
Dec 29, 2011 Lee rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book's writing was not terrible, it would probably warrant a 2 star on it's own. The story is pretty much, "modern day ladies dragged against their will into a regressive world where they are treasured as a rarity (fertile women) as well as subjected to patriarchal rules and norms. They are forced to marry hunky, dreamy warrior men."

Ok, that sounds like a pretty common/believable fantasy for women to have, so I wasn't going to critique or judge the book for reinforcing stereotypical gender
Cheri
Jun 23, 2012 Cheri rated it liked it
I was happy that Autumn Dawn let me get to know these new characters more than in the past couple of books. Still a short story that could have had more, but I did find that I was investing in the main characters this time around.

I was excited to finally be introduced to the Beasts, who have been mentioned and feared in the previous books but kept a mystery. I'm anticipating the next book in the series to possibly bring all of these groups (Beasts, Haunts, Symbionts) together. The only problem
Talizmyn
As a science fiction romance, the story is.. interesting. I can't help but wish there was a little more science in the fiction, however. The ideas are there but not taken far enough, and I wish the author had taken that time to go more in depth with the world and technology she created. For a brief glimpse on a world raged with war and dangerous viruses, it works well enough. The writing keeps things moving along, but does not elaborate enough on the world - I cannot even tell you the name of th ...more
Jamie
Nov 12, 2011 Jamie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 4th book in this series that I have read. I'm glad that they don't have to be read in any order. I have enjoyed the characters and the story a lot. I thought this one seemed to be written better and flowed a lot better than the other books I have read.

I have to say how disappointed I am with the way gay sex was approached in this book. I understand that this alien culture worships women and procreating to prolong their race and how this really was the main focus in this book. But a
Eya
Oct 22, 2015 Eya rated it it was ok
Trying hard to figure out what to say... I KNOW this is a poorly written book. The grammar, the vocabulary, all mangled almost beyond recognition. Not to mention the forced aspect of the whole thing has never been something I could handle easily.

But.

I may actually enjoy the "make the best of what you get" spirit, who knows. I'm still not sure.
Julie Ann Nelson
May 10, 2015 Julie Ann Nelson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A love/Sci-Fi combo, well worth the read.Well done to the author for the great storyline. Well written and funny in places. There was no depth in the characters, as its only a short story, but I'm glad that I found it.
Dee Gray
May 22, 2016 Dee Gray rated it really liked it
The title comes from one sentence in the book. It is a carefully placed idea that brings a new path to our challenging lady. Dagon is definitely a strong character!
I
Apr 25, 2016 I rated it really liked it
Interesting read
Avis Exley
Aug 01, 2013 Avis Exley rated it did not like it
Shelves: couldnt-finish
Never having read a sci-fi romance before, I thought I'd try this as it was a free download. The story idea itself is very interesting and I quite liked the characters, but I didn't really engage with either. Possibly, that was because I'm not really a sci-fi reader and didn't quite "get" the different worlds idea. That said, I'd give another book in the series a try as I've seen this author receive some very positive reviews, and it's not fair to write someone off just because you don't like a ...more
CatchTheseWords
This could have actually been a decent book. The ideas that form the story are good and if written propperly would have really interested me. I didn't feel enough time was spent exploring those, it was as if the author knew how she wanted it to end and was trying to rush there. I also didn't appreciate all the spelling mistakes, regardless if it's self published or not checking for spelling errors shouldn't be something a writer neglects.
Daniella Aizen
Again, not as good as I expected it to be, in the beginning, I didn't like the main girl character, Vana that much and there were a lot, of grammar mistakes, and I didn't like that the character, Kelsa was brought in, but through out the book it got better, and again the ending was rushed, but not as bad as "The Charmer" anyways, an ok book, not one of my favorites
Ashley Mayer
Jan 27, 2012 Ashley Mayer rated it it was ok
Ghost in Her Heart follows the theme of all Autumn Dawn's books. Basically it's woman from Earth is kidnapped and taken to alien planet and falls in love with a beast. I'm quickly losing interest in this one.
SheLove2Read
Nov 27, 2011 SheLove2Read rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2011
132 pages of weird. The grammar and punctuation errors alone are enough to make you shake your head, but the story itself is just OUT THERE. Hard to believe this ever made it out of the authors hands.
Grahambootle
Sep 22, 2011 Grahambootle rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

For some reason I mistakenly thought that this was going to be a sci-fi / fantasy tale. It was not, got nearly half way thru before I gave up.

Romance is not for me.
Michael
Jan 24, 2012 Michael rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, darklands
A great book just like the rest of the Dark Land series. Looking forward to the next title "Beast Wars".
Lyn E Love
May 23, 2011 Lyn E Love rated it did not like it
This was the worst book of the series. Seemed like it was forced.
Debbie

Tam Cooke
Mar 12, 2012 Tam Cooke rated it it was amazing
its really good
wendy gorman
wendy gorman rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2016
Tiffany Schmidt
Tiffany Schmidt rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2016
Trin
Trin marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Alicia James
Alicia James rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2016
Kerr
Kerr rated it did not like it
Jul 16, 2016
Felicity
Felicity rated it did not like it
Jul 16, 2016
Natalie
Natalie rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2016
  • Dark Warrior: To Tame a Wild Hawk (Dark Cloth, #1)
  • Fresh Blood
  • The Warlord's Secret
  • Christina's Tapestry (Tapestries, #1)
  • Alien Mate Bundle (Alien Mate, #1-3)
  • The Mark of a Druid
  • Aiden's Bayou
  • Fated
  • The Wish (The Devil's Lover, #1)
  • Tempting Trace
  • Bewitching You (Bewitching Women #1)
  • Her Master's Touch
  • Immortal (Clare Point, #3)
  • Brianna (Celestial Passions, #1)
  • Dead to the Max (Max Starr, #1)
  • Druid's Daughter (Garland of Druids, #1)
  • A Touch of Greek (Out of Olympus, #1)
  • Forgotten Soul (Soul Searchers, #1)
About me:

I'm a stay at home mom with three kids, a dog and an active imagination. I spent the first 34 years of my life in Alaska, land of the midnight sun, but these days I'm located in Washington, and am enjoying a much warmer sun :) I'm married to my high school sweetheart, John, who is known to bring me flowers "just because".

My leisure time is filled with gardening, crochet, knitting, sewing,
More about Autumn Dawn...

Darklands (6 books)
  • The Charmer (Darklands, #1)
  • Homecoming (Darklands, #2)
  • Something Wild (Darklands, #3)
  • Fallon (Darklands, #4)
  •  Bad Moon Rising (Darklands, #6)

“Men might rule the world, but women created life, made it grow within them. Without the womb there was no kingdom to govern, and a king was as useless as the next man.” 0 likes