Start by marking “Love Finds You in Carmel-By-The-Sea, California” as Want to Read:
Love Finds You in Carmel-By-The-Sea, California

Love Finds You in Carmel-By-The-Sea, California (Love Finds You)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  174 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Annie Gray has an epiphany: she is not living the life she's always dreamed of. She decides to start fresh, drawing inspiration from her favorite classic Hollywood films. First, Annie moves into the picturesque Carmel bungalow belonging to her grandmother - a retired film star. Next up: landing an exciting job as a private investigator's assistant. But Annie's new boss is ...more
Published October 1st 2010 by Summerside Press

To ask other readers questions about Love Finds You in Carmel-By-The-Sea, California, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Finds You in Carmel-By-The-Sea, California

Nora St Laurent
I’m so glad I received a review copy of such a fun, light-hearted and thought provoking novel. I like Sandra’s characters and found myself rooting for Annie to figure out what the Lord wanted her to do with her life. She’s stuck in a rut and doesn’t quite know how to get out. Annie temporarily moves in with her grandmother, who lives in Carmel. Annie’s been a little envious of the exciting, glamorous and fun life her Gram has lived. Annie wants excitement too. She prays, “I don’t want to be just ...more
Loraine
SUMMARY: Annie Gray has an epiphany: she is not living the life she's always dreamed of. She decides to start fresh, drawing inspiration from her favorite classic Hollywood films. First, Annie moves into the picturesque Carmel bungalow belonging to her grandmother - a retired film star. Next up: landing an exciting job as a private investigator's assistant. But Annie's new boss is no Humphrey Bogart, and the work isn't quite what she pictured. Just when everything in Annie's screen-worthy plan t ...more
Renee
What can I say other than this, it's Sandra Bricker folks, her books are always a blast to read! Love Finds You in Carmel-by-the-Sea has the fun and faith that I've come to associate with Ms. Bricker. Annie and Nick are my favorite characters yet and little Sherm the lettuce eating beagle....what a cute critter! If you're a fan of old Hollywood, cute hats and convertibles you will enjoy this book. Did I mention I absolutely love the setting? I've never been to California but through this book I ...more
Victoria
The character build-up was pretty good in this book, but the plot was a bit drab. Annie feels like her "clock is ticking" so to speak, though she is only 26 years old. The problem is all her friends are married and her little brother is married too and is praised by her parents. She wants to set up her life kinda like an old classic film romance. Her priorities are set far too high and her friend Evan seems to be someone who is there but not "The One" for her.

Annie looks for a new job for a Dea
Hillari Delgado
Annabelle 'Annie' Gray is tired of being 'just one of the background players' in her own life. Annie draws up a list of things she feels she needs to 'star in [her] own life story.' Sandra Bricker's 'Love Finds You in Carmel-by-the-Sea' details Annie's charmingly bumpy path to creating-and embracing-her new life and love.

Annie finds roadblocks and complications as she works down her list: none of her friends thinks her 'cool' new job as an assistant detective is right for her; her stylist won't
Title: LOVE FINDS YOU IN CARMEL BY-THE-SEA, CALIFORNIA
Author: Sandra D. Bricker
Publisher: Summerside Press
October 2010
ISBN: 978-1-60936-027-6
Genre: Inspirational/contemporary romance

Annie Gray has just moved to Carmel by-the-sea to live with her grandmother. Grandma Dot is a former film star who is still friends with some recognized stars. Recently let go from her job, Annie is looking to start fresh. A new job, a new apartment, and a list of other must do’s to reinvent her blah life.

When Annie
Valerie Comer
It’s time for change. Annie Gray has decided to take the loss of her job as a challenge. Not only will she find a new, better job (number one on her list), but she’ll also buy a convertible, get a new hairstyle, and find an awesome apartment in Malibu, even though her Gram, retired Hollywood star Dorothy Gray, has opened her attic apartment in Carmel-by-the-Sea for Annie and says she needs Annie’s help.

Annie lands a job as an assistant to Private Investigtor Deke Heffley. Some might call her a m
Heather
I was disappointed in this book. It lacked the depth I've found in Bricker's other books. The romantic ending seemed like it needed a lot more setup. I just didn't find it believable.

I also found it difficult to follow Annie's friends' issues. I think having one good friend instead of four would have allowed more full, follow-able secondary story. (Grade: "C").
Trea
With this being a backyard Hollywood book, I had really high hopes for it. I was sadly disappointed in it, unfortunately. I couldn't connect to the heroine at all, and she had so many guys buzzing around it was like a bad Sunfire Romance novel. Annie kept drawing everything around her into a drama, and she became jealous about the least little thing, making me think she was extremely insecure as a person. The jealousy got very old, very quickly, and the book suffered for it to the point where I ...more
T.M.
Great book. I never really knew where so many of our pop culture phrases came from.
Roma
A sweet and light love story. Our book club host picked thinking it would talk about good thing s to do in Carmel as we are going April for our second get away together. Only things I got out of the book to do is walk the beach and enjoy tea and scones and also reminded me of a great dinner house "Casanova" we must dine at. A good read for those hoping for true love having that spark with the first kiss! Gonna share with my 24 year old daughter!! That's what she is believing and hoping for!
Larik
She wants everything new!! Has specific instructions on what and how it should be all but that before three men come over at the same time and start fighting for the territory like roosters.. I loved it! You have a complete jork-cop, handsome and romantic rich guy, and a best friend in the mix all trying to win her!! Guess who wins?!
And she has to beg for another kiss.. ;)
Ky
The main characters were funny and relatable. One of the most important qualifications, in my opinion, for an enjoyable book is main characters who think/say things that actual people would think/say. Stilted dialogue is the worst, so this was a good book. The love/hate romance was cute, and the setting was fun. I recommend this one if you want a fun, light read.
Heidi
Oh, my head. Free book. So bad. So very bad. From the police detectives who speak with a Jersey accent, I guess because all cops do, to the token multicultural friend who says things like "Hey giiiiirrrl!" I think I'm now more stupid for spending time on this. Yet, I finished it. Why? Why?
Tressa
Love Finds You in Carmel-By-The-Sea, California was written well. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to connect with the characters. It was a decent read, though.
Charlene Kincaid
fun little novel...I'd never heard of the "Love Finds You" series but there are a ton of them! I've also read "The Big 5-Oh" by Sandra and it was quite good as well.
Ali Weide
This was enjoyable, but took a little time to get into. I didn't like Annie at times, but ultimately enjoyed the book and the ending! Cute, easy read.
Zoe
Sandra has an upbeat rhythm and perfect timing with her humor. This is the second book I have read by her, I think I'm becoming a fan ;)
Tausha
This was a sweet, clean love story. I felt it was pretty slow paced, but enjoyable. Not a lot to it, but ended with happily ever after.
Diana
Nothing too special but an easy read.
Kim
This is a very good book
Lena
it was good
Angie
Angie added it
May 28, 2015
Beth Hammann-Belew
Beth Hammann-Belew marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Sha
Sha marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Simsba69
Simsba69 marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
  • Love Finds You in Prince Edward Island, Canada
  • Love Finds You in Martha's Vineyard, MA
  • Love Finds You in Revenge, Ohio
  • Love Finds You in Calico, California

Love Finds You (1 - 10 of 57 books)
  • Love Finds You in Miracle, Kentucky (Love Finds You)
  • Love Finds You in Snowball, Arkansas
  • Love Finds You in Romeo, Colorado
  • Love Finds You in Valentine, Nebraska
  • Love Finds You in Humble, Texas
  • Love Finds You in Last Chance, California
  • Love Finds You in Maiden, North Carolina
  • Love Finds You in Paradise, Pennsylvania
  • Love Finds You in Treasure Island, Florida
  • Love Finds You in Liberty, Indiana (merge)
Always the Baker, Never the Bride (Emma Rae Creations, #1) Always the Wedding Planner, Never the Bride (Emma Rae Creations, #2) Always the Designer, Never the Bride (Emma Rae Creations, #3) The Big Five-OH! Always the Baker, Finally the Bride (Emma Rae Creations, #4)