Start by marking “Reel Murder (A Talk Radio Mystery #2)” as Want to Read:
Reel Murder (A Talk Radio Mystery #2)

Reel Murder (A Talk Radio Mystery #2)

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  100 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Maggie is really getting into the swing of her daily radio show. She loves her new life in Cypress Grove, Florida, where she considers herself a Dr. Phil–minus the money and the fame. Unfortunately, she’s also minus the fans. So when a big movie company hits town, Maggie’s producer thinks a few exclusive on-set interviews could mean a ratings boost.

But no sooner does Maggi
Published June 1st 2010 by NAL (first published May 8th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Reel Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reel Murder

Sandra
I did not enjoy this one as much as the first book only because this book was a LOT more annoying and quite frankly just unreal, i know its a work of fiction but you'd expect the story to make some kind of sense and in a lot of ways it failed. For instance; (Warning: This Review contains some spoilers)

There's a lot of identical similarities to the first book Dead Air And by that I mean a lot of Maggie's thought process was just a copy and paste work for example in both books there comes a point
Martha Cheves
Reel Murder – Review by Martha A. Cheves, Author of Stir, Laugh, Repeat
‘It was giving me a little chill to think that the murderer was probably right here on the set with us. It had to be someone connected with the Death Watch production, didn’t it? So many possibilities. I’d narrowed them down in my mind, turning them over and over, and outside of Frankie Domino – who still was the mystery man – all of them had a motive for killing Adriana. Sidney Carter had Adriana to thank for his ruined care
Myhotstylist
What a huge let down...

In this second installment, we follow Dr Maggie Walsh, WYME's radio talk show host as she gets to assist with the writing of a movie script, filmed right in her town of Cypress Grove, FL.

Things turn haywire on the first day of filming when the star of the film, Adrianna, is shot and killed by her co-star with what seemed to be a prop gun. With eye-witnesses everywhere, and hundreds of people on the set, ANYONE could have tampered with the prop to ensure Adrianna's starlig
Vanessa James-brooks
Jun 15, 2010 Vanessa James-brooks rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Vanessa by: Mary Kennedy
Beverly
Amazon Product Description:
"Florida's newest talk show radio psychologist Maggie Walsh has no sooner gotten involved with a local movie production than the leading lady turns up dead. Now Maggie has to find the killer before the credits roll-or it might be her final performance."
I hate it when I read the second book in a series before the first. However, with most mystery series, reading the books out of order doesn't hurt too much. This was not a bad book. It was just ok. I figured out the solu
Kate
Not as "cozy" as I might have liked, but it is a fun mystery. It takes place on a movie set and it was fun to read all about the little tips and tricks that go into Hollywood magic. There were a lot of funny parts, and I had the murderer all wrong so that was fun to see! I would have liked to see the main character analyze the different players a little more, seeing as she is a trained therapist, but for the most part this was a good read.
Susan
Psychologist Maggie Walsh has a radio talk show, but when actress mother Lola comes to town, she's dragged to the set of the Indie film where Lola has a bit part. They watch an actress die, only to find that the unpleasant woman may have been murdered. Maggie is interested in the local policeman, Rafe Martino, and decides to help with the investigation, even though it might put her into danger.
Vicky
it is confusing to me how Maggie is seen as an investigator. Most of her investigating is done in her head but all the "suspects" know? Really don't know how this series got published to tell the truth. I have the third installment to go but not sure if i can go through it. the first book was better and that is why I purused the 2nd.
Kim
Love, love, love local author Dr. Mary Kennedy! Enjoyed cozy "Reel Murder" as a flirtatious romance, detail-rich narrative, and most importantly, suspenseful thriller. Would translate well on sceen with the redhead pro dancer from DWTS as Adrianna, don't you think? Once again, thanks, Mary! Can't wait to discuss with you...
Melodie
I like Maggie's mom. Lola is a hoot, but I just can't warm up to Maggie. She's just not interesting.....except for her dog, Pugsley. Mary Kennedy seems like a really nice person, and I really wanted to like this (the first one was an okay read), but I just didn't.
Becky
Mar 31, 2013 Becky rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
I did not like Maggie...but I'm not sure why that is. I read this book in one day but the next day I could not have told you who the killer was. The book just did not leave an impression, which is the kiss of death for me...
Mary Kennedy
Jun 23, 2010 Mary Kennedy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
This book was great fun to write because it takes place on a movie set. It's the second in my Talk Radio Mysteries for Penguin. Hope everyone enjoys it, you can visit my website at www.marykennedy.net to read more!
Shoshana
Annice22
I thought "Reel Murder" was a very funny yet interesting cozy mystery. It's fast paced and will have laughing as you try to solve the mystery.
Pam Luteran-Isbell
Pam Luteran-Isbell marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Sabrina The Book Lover
Sabrina The Book Lover marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2015
Nancy Luebke
Nancy Luebke marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Rachel Chang
Rachel Chang marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Marloes
Marloes marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Nimue Sionnach
Nimue Sionnach marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Mari Krampach
Mari Krampach marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Stefanie
Stefanie marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
[resy]
[resy] marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Preaching to the Corpse (Advice Column Mystery, #2)
  • The Bone Fire (Gil Montoya Mystery #2)
  • Elvis and the Grateful Dead (A Southern Cousins Mystery, #2)
  • Guise & Dolls (Gretchen Birch, #4)
  • Bride and Doom (Carnegie Kincaid, #6)
  • Casket Case (A Callie Parrish Mystery #3)
  • Short Squeeze: A Mystery
  • Foul Play at the PTA  (Beth Kennedy #2)
  • Harrowing Hats
  • Ink Flamingos (Tattoo Shop Mystery, #4)
  • Motherhood is Murder (A Maternal Instincts Mystery, #2)
  • Never Say Sty (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery #7)
  • The Northbury Papers (A Karen Pelletier Mystery #2)
  • Let's Play Dead (Museum, #2)
  • Getting Old Is Tres Dangereux (Gladdy Gold, #6)
  • The Cracked Pot (Clay and Crime, #2)
  • All the Wrong Moves (Samantha Spade #1)
  • Last Writes (Forensic Handwriting Mystery, #4)
Mary Kennedy is a national best-selling novelist and a licensed psychologist on the east coast. She has written 37 young adult novels and has a new adult mystery series with Penguin, The Talk Radio Mysteries.The first title, DEATH IS BAD KARMA was released in January 2010, and the second release, REEL MURDER, is available now. She has spoken at over 100 schools, libraries and writers' conferences ...more
More about Mary Kennedy...

A Talk Radio Mystery (3 books)
  • Dead Air (A Talk Radio Mystery #1)
  • Stay Tuned for Murder (A Talk Radio Mystery #3)
Dead Air (A Talk Radio Mystery #1) Nightmares Can Be Murder (Dream Club, #1) Stay Tuned for Murder (A Talk Radio Mystery #3) Confessions of an Almost-Movie Star Dream a Little Scream