Start by marking “Low Light: Birth Of Organized Crime In Jazz Age Atlantic City” as Want to Read:
Low Light: Birth Of Organized Crime In Jazz Age Atlantic City

Low Light: Birth Of Organized Crime In Jazz Age Atlantic City

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  2 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Low Light is about a scheme to neutralize the FBI by blackmailing its young Director, J. Edgar Hoover, in Atlantic City during the summer of 1929. Al Rubin, the narrator protagonist, is an ordinary man who wants a better life and is offered one by the New York gangster Meyer Lansky and by the Boss of Atlantic City, Enoch Nucky Johnson. Low Light is a novel that weaves a pl ...more
Published March 11th 2010 by Outskirts Press

To ask other readers questions about Low Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Low Light

Libby Cone
This book has a very engaging plot, dealing with a possible explanation for the legendary FBI chief J. Edgar Hoover's predilection for persecuting anyone he deemed Communist or otherwise subversive, while leaving the great organized crime networks of the US relatively untouched. It is common knowledge now that J. Edgar preferred the company of men; it was a career-destroying piece of information in the Twenties, and the only lever with which he could be controlled.
I have lived in Philadelphia fo
Stanley J.
It's a great little book with rookie flaws. As the author, I wanted to see how it was listed. I see that none of the updates to the title page are reflected in this version. I'll be much more careful before creating these for the next one.

I see something in this website that I think I'm going to like. It's a way to organize my thinking and get me closer to people in the publishing industry who might have an interest in my writing.
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2013
Stanley Cutler lives in Philadelphia where he writes 20th Century historical fiction. He is the author of Low Light, a novel. The Other Side of The Wall, a feature-length screenplay, a pilot episode for The Homefront TV series, and many short stories. He’s worked as a computer programmer, a teacher, a technical writer, and as a management consultant for major corporations and government agencies.
More about Stan Cutler...