Sanibel Scribbles

Sanibel Scribbles

3.19 of 5 stars 3.19  ·  rating details  ·  112 ratings  ·  24 reviews
"Spend a semester in Spain." "Acquire the world's largest shoe collection." "Lose five pounds." These are some of the life dreams young Vicki Brightman and her best friend Rebecca giddily scribble on a paper tablecloth one night at the Till Midnight Cafe. A charmed childhood and a semester of college behind her, Vicki thought she had all the time in the world to pursue her...more
Published July 1st 2010 by Penmark Publishing, LLC (first published September 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Sanibel Scribbles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sanibel Scribbles

Christine Lemmon
Jun 10, 2010 Christine Lemmon rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Since I wrote this book, I have to be a little bias on my star rating.
Vicky
As much I am thoroughly enjoyed Ms. Lemmon's other 2 novels, I did not like this one at all. I couldn't even finish reading it. I read well over half and just had to put it aside. The book was too disjointed for one thing. Vicki was not a real character: she went from needy to teacher but what she tried to teach Evelyn wasn't even something she prracitced. I won't bother to continue with a comment here , just suffice it to say I did n't like this book at all.
Wendy Kuzma
By the author's own admission, this book did not go through an editor but was intended as a first novel to share with family and friends. This is obvious with the overdone philosophical meanderings of the characters and the extensive, over-the-top use of metaphorical descriptions. I also had an issue with the dangerous situations the main character sometimes put herself in with casual disregard for her own safety for the lame purpose of having a good time. Having said all of that, there were man...more
jjl
So far this book is driving me mad! It's slow and preachy at times! Plus is drives me nuts that the author keeps talking about bomb fires...didn't she have an editor who knows they are bonfires??? I want to finish this but may have to abandon this book. Not sure who why I got this book, somebody must have recommended it but so far it's awful....
Okay I finished the book I couldn't let it go, there are a lot of good thoughts good, really profound bits...so it was worth the read but the editors def...more
Liz Carver
I loved it! Totally captured the growth spurts of life...and yes it had some slow moments but worth the read in the end. I am sending copies of this book to my daughters in hopes that they can relate and understand their path in life a little better. I agree with Hillary Clinton that it takes a village to raise a child. We no longer have the village but it is the people we encounter along the way that shape us and mold us and also change us. Christine Lemmon nailed the importance of Christianity...more
Jenn
I found this book fun to read while visiting SW Florida. I enjoyed the adventures of Victoria and the lessons she learned from the new people she encountered. However, I found the ending of the book very flat and confusing. Ben wants to marry Victoria at the end of the book yet we don't read of any communications between them while she is in Spain for a semester. When she travels back to Michigan, is she in contanct with him then? Next thing we know Ben is on a plane to ask for her hand in marri...more
Debbie
Teenage Christian lit highly recommended by a friend. The poor writing style and blasé plot, overused imagery, unrealistic, underdeveloped characters were disappointing. I really had to force myself to finish it.
Stephanie
LOVED this book!! I was skeptical. I read some bad reviews after I had ordered this book & 2 others by the author off PBS. But I reminded myself I needed to draw my own conclusion. So glad I did! I loved the uplifting advice Vicki got from others during the time when she was grieving her losses and trying to figure out life. Reminds you to examine your life and LIVE LIFE to the fullest EVERYDAY!
Heather
It took me a long time to get through the novel, but I'm glad I did. It was slow reading at times, but I found myself wanting to know what was going to happen to Vicki as the novel progressed. Christine Lemmon creates a very likable character who feels very deeply about love and life.
Joanna
definitely a book I needed to read right now. Sometimes we all question life and look back at the choices we made. Reading this story reminded me to always look forward, to always live life to its fullest because around each corner is your next adventure.
Cheryl
Loving Sanibel as I do, I bought this to read after buying our first place there. I did not like the style, but did like the story. I finished it because I wanted to know what happened to the character but it was a really hard read for me.
Shelley
This was quite a fun book. Two of my favorite getaways were to Holland, MI and Sanibel Island, FL, and this book centered around those places. I think most of my fondness surrounding the book had to do with my fondness for those places.
Allyson
Jul 11, 2008 Allyson rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Allyson by: my mother
This was an ok beach read about a young lady finding out who she is and searching for meaning in life. The parts which take place in Spain are interesting but I don't know that I would recommend it to anyone unless there is NOTHING on their list.
Nancy
I'm giving this book 3 stars because I really did enjoy the second half and I loved how the author wrapped up all the characters in the end...not to mention including the recipe for the Bubble Room's Red Velvet Cake.
Sarah Rowe
I bought it because it was really cheap and was intrigued by the location. But this book is poorly written and I had to stop halfway through. It was just painful to try to read.
Barbara
Finally had an opportunity to read this, and I enjoyed it much more than I expected. I love all the references to Sanibel Island. Looking forward to more from this author.
Lisa
Uh-what? Seemed to just jump around a lot and not really sure how it got to the end. Just all of a sudden the panic attacks stopped?? What happened with Ben?
Kirsten
Started off good, related to it a lot, but by the end of the book I was just waiting for it to be over
Sharon Hynes
I may be somewhat partial to these two books by Mrs. Lemmon because of my love for Sanibel Island.
Melanie
The story is good, but the author's overuse of similes was extremely annoying!
Lynn
I read this book years ago. It was very good and also hard to put down.
Lynn
Another one I read years ago. It was hard to put down.
Tanya
Unexpected, but satisfying ending!
Jenny
Sweet little summer read.
Susan
Susan is currently reading it
Sep 20, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Lea Elder
Lea Elder is currently reading it
Aug 31, 2014