Start by marking “Tracker's Sin (Hell's Eight, #4)” as Want to Read:
Tracker's Sin (Hell's Eight, #4)

Tracker's Sin (Hell's Eight #4)

4.08  ·  Rating Details ·  1,888 Ratings  ·  123 Reviews
WED BY NECESSITY…JOINED BY DESIRE
Before his trade became his name, “Tracker” Ochoa was a scrawny Mestizo runaway. Now as fearsome as he once was frightened, he’s joined the notorious Hell’s Eight...and they have a job for him.

He must rescue kidnapped heiress Ari Blake and deliver her safely to the Hell’s Eight compound—by any means necessary. Turns out that includes marr
Published October 1st 2010 by Spice

To ask other readers questions about Tracker's Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tracker's Sin

Auntee
Oct 05, 2010 Auntee rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the series
Mitzi
Tina
Jul 13, 2010 Tina rated it really liked it
Ivana Azap Feješ
Jan 03, 2016 Ivana Azap Feješ rated it it was amazing
The whole series so far has been building to the moment when Desi's (Caine's Reckoning) twin sister Ari is finally found after being abducted by Comancheros, and in this book she is found by half Indian/half Mexican, Texas Ranger/ Hell's Eight Tracker Ochoa. Tracker Ochoa like all the men of Hell's Eight has been searching for Ari Blake, their leader's sister-in-law.

Jonel Boyko
McCarty brings the Wild West to life in a big way with this one. Action & adventure, romance & suspense, heroes & damsels in distress all make their appearance. I thoroughly enjoyed McCarty’s vivid storytelling. Her picturesque descriptions bring all parts of this story to life in a very memorable way. The ways of life in the Texas territories are centre to the story, while at the same time, explosive chemistry takes centre stage.

Getting to know Tracker on a much deeper level here w
3/12 - This didn't feel like a complete book, it felt more like part two of Desi's book Caine's Reckoning. If I hadn't read Caine's Reckoning Tracker's Sin would have made absolutely no sense, more so than any of the other books in the series. At the beginning of the book the story is already halfway through its arc, the rest is just the completion of it.

The story itself was pretty simple, Tracker does his thing and tracks Ari down, saves her, gets her back to the ranch and meanwhile they fall i
Rhapsody
I've really been anticipating this one for a long time, ever since I read the first in the series about Caine and Desi. I didn't much like Caine and Desi's book though, and this one too sort of left me flat. I didn't hate it, I just wasn't really engaged or moved.

Tracker, a TX ranger back in the Wild West, has been looking for Ari, Desi's sister who was kidnapped by comancheros. He's been obsessed with her ever since he heard about her and has a bad feeling about finding her, like it's going to
Jacqueline
Wow, how odd that 2 books in the same series can be SO totally different. I hated the first Hell's Eight book. I decided to give this one a try because others seemed to like the series and what the heck I read for free at work so at least I wouldn't be out any cash if it was another stinker.

It was so much better than Caine's book. This one had an actual coherent plot. There were 3 sex scenes which were to the point, relatively short and had a beginning middle and end. With one caveat of which mo
♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
Feb 07, 2011 ♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee) rated it really liked it
I've been dancing around the Hell's Eight series for a few reasons.

1. I'm tired of every book I come across being part of a series.

2. I tried one of McCarty's promises books and I had to stop reading when there was what felt like a 20 page oral sex scene. I don't mind sex but that scene actually bored me.

3. None of the previous books in the series interested me enough to make me spend my money.

Then I was in the bookstore and read a bit of Tracker's Sin. Old west? Native American/Mexican? Twins?
April
Sep 20, 2010 April rated it it was amazing
TRACKER'S SIN by Sarah McCarty is an erotic historical romance set in 1858 Texas. A Hell's Eight series. It is well written with depth,details, fast paced, page turner and is full of passion. It has spunky characters, masculinity, romance, erotic sensuality, passion, outlaws, Texas Rangers, passion, trust, witty banter, outlaws, Comancheros,family, betrayal,and steamy, erotic sex scenes. The hero, Tracker, is half Mexican, half Indian, outlaw turned Texas Ranger, strong, masculine, sexy, a twin, ...more
Keri
Dec 15, 2010 Keri rated it really liked it
If you want a simple story then this is a pretty good book. If you have been following the Hell's Eight series, then you know that they have all been looking for Ari, the lost twin of Desi. It seems that Tracker may have found her and fallen in love.

Of course the path to true love is never that easy, but thanks to the power of sexual healing she is brought back from her tortured past pretty fast. Now having made that facetious statement, I still overall liked the book. The editing was a bit mor
Mei
Mar 15, 2013 Mei rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical
Finally Ari's here!
Poor Ari, with her memory blocked... I felt so sorry for her.
And I sometimes hated Tracker when he misunderstood... and I ached for him when Ari rejected him...
I ached for Desi when Ari recovered her memories and rejected her too... but I loved the reunion of the sisters and the symbolism of the dasies field...
Tracker... a dark, sexy, brooding man... he thinks that he has no love left in him, but he's fell for Ari really fast. It just took him a long time to acknowledge it! :
Michelle the Romance Witch
Aug 14, 2011 Michelle the Romance Witch rated it really liked it
Shelves: print-inventory
Wow finally the story we'd all been waiting for. Ari and Tracker finally came together in a fiery clash of wills and tension. They found together that the only way to find your true inner worth is through yourself and the ones that love you. Sexy and smart this is a great story.

Now if only Ms. McCarty would hurry up and finish the damn series already!
Pamela(AllHoney)
Actually a little disappointing compared to Ms McCarty's previous Hell's Eight books. It was shorter than usual and we finally get to see the rescue of Ari. Those are the good parts. I just felt it was rushed and tied up too quickly. I didn't feel the romance in this one.
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
The premise of the story was good.

Tracker - 1/2 indian-1/2 Mexican - also a Bad ass Texas Ranger (Hell's Eight), although I have NO IDEA where the Hell the name came from or why and if all these guys thrown in are part indian or what... NOTA DAMN CLUE (hence the 3 stars)Has a twin who keeps sneaking up on him.

Ari - a blond white girl captured some how, I have no idea of how or when. Beaten raped and sold several times by the Comanceros (bad ass mexican mafia dudes). Has NO memory of any of it &
Emily
Nov 20, 2010 Emily rated it did not like it
Shelves: reviewed-books
Well, here's another series that's getting the old heave-ho. I've read all four books published in this series to date and as of right now there isn't enough get up and go between them to keep me wanting to invest the time to read any further. This story felt forced, from start to finish, and at the end I was left with only one question: who cares?

This is exceptionally disappointing because the raw material was here (and let's face it, always has been) for this to be an awesome story. The Wild W
Darcy
Nov 24, 2010 Darcy rated it it was amazing
This book is the best of the series so far. I also loved that it brought Ari home, glad to not have this story line drag out for the series.

The book opens with the letter that Desi wrote to Ari, and again reading it, it will break your heart. I think that from the start Tracker has been in love with Ari or the thought of Ari and he knew that should he encounter her, she would have the power to destroy him. The thing with Tracker is that he has never felt like he is worth anything, his father dr
Tasha
This one was a slow starter for me. It starts off with Tracker locating Desi's sister, Ari, living with an older couple raising her child. Upon first seeing Ari she appears to be happy and leading a normal life. But upon further investigation, you realize things are not all that they seem.

I won't get to much into the plot, but when Ari finally does reach Hell's Eight, it isn't the happy reunion everyone hoped for. Ari feels abandoned by Desi and also feels resentment towards Desi. She thinks Des
Carol (Mocha)
I read another review that said they just jumped into bed and "did it". I think what people forget when they read this type of Western Romance, is that the characters don't live in established cities. They live basically out in the boondocks for lack of a better word. Time for courtin does not exist under these circumstances. If anyone remembers 7 brides for 7 brothers, Adam goes into town picks a wife and takes her home. I think that is indicative of those times.

That being said, I thoroughly en
Momof3-in an Ash and Cael sandwich
I don't know...this is hard for me. Part of me says not even the 3 stars and not because it was bad, because it wasn't and I LOVE Tracker, I found him to be the most intriguing since I was introduced to these boys but Ari absolutely about killed this book for me. She was incredibly unlikable to me. Not worthy of Tracker. I do still adore Tracker and his brother, but I almost wanted something a little grittier or something, I'm not sure. If you are into this series, it is definitely worth the ...more
Charlene
Aug 17, 2014 Charlene rated it really liked it
My favourite so far of this series. We finally see Desi's sister Ari rescued after being found in rather unusual circumstances. Tracker has been an interesting character, and I loved him and Ari together. 2 deeply wounded souls who both think they're worth very little, but who desperately need each other. And as always, we have some seriously hot scenes as Tracker shows Ari how wonderful loving sex can be. Now of course we have the problem with Shadow...will have to read the next one soon to see ...more
Wendy Hinton
Nov 05, 2010 Wendy Hinton rated it it was amazing
This book was excellent. I fell in love with Tracker myself. The Hells eight are men above men. Real men who go out and rid the world of bad people and protect women and children. I love it hated for it to end. Can't wait for the next one I want Shadow to find a love of his owen.
Aղցela W.
Spoiler Ahead This was book 4 in the "Hell's Eight series " This was my least favorite so far in this series. Tracker must rescue kidnapped heiress Ari Blake and deliver her safely to the Hell's Eight compound by any means necessary. Turns out that includes marrying her, if he means to escort her and her infant daughter across the Texas territory. Tracker hadn't bargained on a wife especially such a fair, blue-eyed beauty. But the pleasures of the marriage bed more than make up for the surprise ...more
Samantha
Jul 11, 2010 Samantha rated it really liked it
Readers who have been waiting to learn of Ari’s fate, wait no more, Sarah McCarty delivers the latest installment of her Hell’s Eight series.

Tracker Ochoa is a man who knows about pain and suffering. Having lived through a massacre, Tracker knows hard living and knows that many don’t accept him because he Native American. He promised his friend’s wife, Desi (the heroine from book 1) that he will bring back her sister, Ari, who was taken by the Comancheros.

He arrives in a small town to learn that
Under the Covers Book Blog
Jan 16, 2015 Under the Covers Book Blog rated it really liked it

Tracker Ochoa like all the men of Hell's Eight has been searching for Ari Blake, their leader's sister-in-law. Kidnapped and abused, no one really knows if Ari is alive or dead, and if she is alive if she will still be sane after the abuse she has suffered. Tracker has always had feelings about things, and he knows that Ari is alive and that finding her is part of his destiny. However, when he does find her, alive and with a 6 month old baby yet no memory of her past, he knows that she is meant

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)

Julia
Oct 18, 2010 Julia rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, fiction
This is the first time I've encountered a mashup of the Wild West and the "true love means not saying 'No' when he reaches for the lube" genre, unexpected to say the least. McCarty has done a good job of setting up a large group of men to feature in sequels. If TRACKER'S SIN is representative of the rest of the series, I'd say they're a solid choice for historical romances with an edgier, erotica feel.
Vic
Feb 19, 2012 Vic rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 * - I only read this because we hear about Ari in book 1 and then are left hanging until book 4 of this series. Story was OK. I was disappointed at the ending with Shadow's situation. I'll probably end up starting that one to get some closure on the series.
Jan
Aug 01, 2016 Jan rated it liked it
I have the same quibbles with this story as I did with the first book I read in this particular series (Caine's Reckoning).

You may ask why I read the second story when I had such questions about the first....well, I was intrigued with the hero.

It happens :P
Rebecca
Apr 19, 2012 Rebecca rated it really liked it
I actually finished this yesterday. I really liked this one and would have to say I might enjoy the tub scene in this one better than Caines.
  • Ruthless Heart (Heart, #1)
  • Mustang Wild (Wild, #1)
  • When a Texan Gambles (Wife Lottery, #2)
  • Let Me Love You
  • The Reward (Malloy Family, #3)
  • Indiana Wild (Spirit Pass, #1)
  • Texas Glory (Leigh Brothers Texas Trilogy, #2)
  • The Southern Devil (Devil, #3)
  • Pieces of Sky (Blood Rose, #1)
  • Audrey and the Maverick (Men of Defiance, #2)
  • Sunrise Over Texas
  • Scandalous Lovers (The Men and Women's Club, #1)
(1)romance author

Sarah has traveled extensively throughout her life, living in other cultures, sometimes in areas where electricity was a concept awaiting fruition and a book was an extreme luxury. While she could easily adjust to the lack of electricity, living without the comfort of a good book was intolerable
More about Sarah McCarty...

Hell's Eight (8 books)
  • Caine's Reckoning (Hell's Eight, #1)
  • Sam's Creed (Hell's Eight, #2)
  • Tucker's Claim (Hell's Eight, #3)
  • Shadow's Stand (Hell's Eight, #5)
  • Caden's Vow (Hell's Eight #6)
  • Ace's Wild (Hell's Eight, #7)
  • Luke's Cut (Hell's Eight, #8)