Start by marking “To Wish or Not to Wish (As You Wish, #3)” as Want to Read:
To Wish or Not to Wish (As You Wish, #3)

To Wish or Not to Wish (As You Wish #3)

3.60  ·  Rating Details  ·  241 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Wish not...Want not?

Erin Hollister is waiting for her big break—or even a small one. She’s been dumped by her boyfriend, canned by her employer and it doesn’t seem that her dream of making it on Broadway will come true either. But then she’s given a lantern—complete with genie!—and it looks as if a little magic may be in store…

That is, if she can decide what to wish for. T
Published September 21st 2010 by Mira

To ask other readers questions about To Wish or Not to Wish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Wish or Not to Wish

Drebbles
Nov 09, 2010 Drebbles rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
Erin Hollister is waiting for her big break on Broadway but all she seems to have is bad luck – bad luck that comes in threes. Her luck seems to change when she is given a lantern that comes with a Genie, who is granting her not three but four wishes. Erin has to decide how to use her luck wisely, but she might just discover that she doesn't need a Genie to be lucky.

“To Wish or Not to Wish” is a delightful book that is part romance/part fantasy. I've not read the other books in Mindy Klasky’s “A
Jay
Dec 19, 2010 Jay rated it liked it
Shelves: for-review, ebooks
published on romancereaderatheart.com

To Wish or Not to Wish is the last in Mindy Klasky’s As You Wish series. To Wish or Not to Wish picks up right where When Good Wishes Go Bad left off, but there’s enough new material that readers who are new to the series won’t feel lost. Likewise, there’s very little rehashing of plot points to annoy veterans to the series; in fact, we get some updates on past characters.

The unifying theme in these three books has been Teel, the gender-bending genie. In thi
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out
Erin needs a break, not only in her career, but from her jerk of a boyfriend. Finding a genie in a tarnished lamp gives her four wishes, but Teel, the gender bending genie, is pushy and Erin doesn't know what she wants exactly. Her sister, Amy, is happy to tell her but The Plan doesn't seem to be going well. When Erin meets Timothy, it's in danger of falling apart all together.
Erin's not the most sympathetic of characters, she is a little too self centered and shallow. Her first two wishes didn'
Chibineko
Oct 28, 2010 Chibineko rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love Sophie Kinsella? Like Meg Cabot? Longing for your next Kyra Davis fix? Then you'll love Mindy Klasky. Mixing everything that is so much fun from each author (minus Davis' mystery themes) & adding a sizable dollop of magic, Klasky manages to create a book that 'chick-lit' readers are sure to love!

Aspiring actress Erin Hollister believes that bad things come in threes. First she goes to an audition where she's sent packing before she's even able to complete the first sentence. Then she lo
Jamaie
Sep 26, 2010 Jamaie rated it liked it
Shelves: net-galley
Terra
Jun 14, 2011 Terra rated it it was amazing
I love Mindy Klasky! It's funny as I'm not into chick lit but this author writes in a way that no matter who you are you will surely chuckle if not down right laugh out loud with some of the antics. I think this is her best so far.

Erin is our heroine and oh what a poor dear she is. She thinks she pregnant so her boyfriend up and departs, she loses her job, has no money and worst of all has a know it all sister who happens to be somewhat of a pest.

Erin ends up being in the right place at the supp
Deborah
I was rather surprised by this book. I was expecting a romantic comedy, but it was more along the lines of "chick lit". That being said, I found this book very entertaining. With the premise of the genie and the granting of wishes, I expected a more frivolous read, but I was surprised with the direction the author took. The central character, Erin, really thought through her choices and learned about the repercussions of those choices. I also enjoyed that this book was written in first person na ...more
Db2567
Jul 14, 2014 Db2567 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Books 2 and 3 are much better than the first book.
More story and more twists in the story.
The characters are likeable.
Leah
Dec 07, 2015 Leah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I thought the first book of the series was better, even of it was very predictable.
Christine
actress finds genie in a bottle, saves her career and love life
Jeannie Lopez
Jun 19, 2014 Jeannie Lopez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She is a awesome writer .. Great writing Teel
Mary DeSantis
Read this in one night and stayed up to do it. I also haven't read the first two. I didn't realize this was book 3. So now I have to go read the first two because this was a wonderfully fun story.
Erika
It was different. Erin is a little whiny and repetitive, but then everyone probably whines in their inner monologues. I did want to smack her though, because (view spoiler) What Teel does for Justin and Amy was sweet though, and different.
May
Oct 11, 2010 May rated it liked it
Shelves: light-chick-y
I really was excited about reading this one - sadly it really didn't work for me. With a heroine who is both selfish and flakey and a story that doesn't really go anywhere or have any good depth or detail this wasn't much of a read.

It wasn't bad - if you're looking for a light tale of an aspiring actress who wants to find love and herself (with tiny doses of genie magic) then this is your book.
Cathi95
Jul 15, 2011 Cathi95 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2011
First of all, it was book 3 of a series, and the first one I had read, so I could feel that there were points that I was missing. Other than that, it was a fun story. Erin, eager Broadway star-to-be, is given four wishes by a genie. How many she uses, and why, is the crux of the story - which was funny, thoughtful and romantic. Maybe I'll find the other two someday.
Chrystal
Not as good as the middle book of the series, but still very enjoyable. I liked the new character because she reminds me a lot of myself, plus she was just kind of adorable and made cute and not annoying mistakes. Well, not *many* annoying mistakes. Definitely good quick fluff reading, and a nice vacation book.
Kim
Jan 24, 2012 Kim rated it really liked it
Apparently the end of the series. It was o.k., but I felt that Teel was too over powering as a character and that the character was too pushy and overt the top. The series as a whole was fine, romantic and moralistic at times, not too preachy, but still "be careful what you wish for" and all that.
Mel
Jul 27, 2011 Mel added it
Being the 3rd book in the series the plot and the main character's troubles are fairly predicable (job + men). However, it was still a highly amusing and easy read. Started and finished it all in one day =)
Kimberly
Apr 20, 2012 Kimberly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
what a fun story. I have enjoyed watching the characters evolve throughout the series. i hope Mindy continues write about Teel and his/her adventures as a Genie.
Keely
Mar 02, 2011 Keely rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
The wishes series by Mindy Klasky were a nice read. Not too sappy, and I learned a lot about the theatre world I didn't know before.
Cara
Nov 28, 2010 Cara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the last installment of the Wish books. I read it in about a day. It is a light, fun read that kept my attention.
Shelby
May 01, 2012 Shelby rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the whole series. Although I think the middle book was the best, this was a satisfying ending to the Genie trilogy.
Autumn
Apr 13, 2011 Autumn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is definitely an airplane/beach/vacation type book - mostly fluff, nothing very memorable, but kind of fun. Pretty clean.
Karin Crimmins
This one was not as light hearted as the others. It was a little hard for me to get through it.

Dana M.
Feb 07, 2011 Dana M. rated it liked it
Funny, but maybe a little more serious than the others I've read in this series. I enjoyed it.
Saikhnaa Ch
Nov 21, 2010 Saikhnaa Ch rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Light, funny novel without mentioning unpredictable genie Teel
Elizabeth Wallace
Interesting book that shows personnel growth
Lexi Vick
Great ending to the trilogy.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: As You Wish
Wicked Lil Pixie (Natasha)
Review Coming
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jun 11, 2015 08:35AM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Jun 11, 2015 08:35AM
  • Charmed & Deadly (Bronwyn the Witch, #3)
  • Wicked by Any Other Name (Hex, #3)
  • Sabrina the Teenage Witch (Sabrina the Teenage Witch, #1)
  • Flowers for Her Grave (Grim Reaper Mystery, #3)
  • The Warren Witches (Charmed)
  • Kiss and Spell (Enchanted, Inc., #7)
  • Tricks of the Trade (Paranormal Scene Investigations, #3)
  • The Demon Redcoat (Traitor to the Crown, #3)
  • The Double Cross (Someday Quilts Mystery, #3)
  • Ghost in Trouble (Bailey Ruth, #3)
  • Persistence of Vision
  • The Price of Freedom (Out of the Bottle, #1)
  • Murder in Vein (A Madison Rose Vampire Mystery, #1)
  • A Vision in Velvet (A Witchcraft Mystery, #6)
  • Stalking the Dragon
  • Blonde with a Wand (Babes on Brooms, #1)
  • Discovering (Lily Dale #4)
Mindy Klasky learned to read when her parents shoved a book in her hands and told her that she could travel anywhere in the world through stories. She never forgot that advice.

Mindy's travels took her through multiple careers, including copyright lawyer and law librarian. Mindy now writes full time. Her books fall in a number of genres -- including traditional fantasy, urban fantasy, and category
More about Mindy Klasky...

As You Wish (3 books)
  • How Not To Make a Wish (As You Wish, #1)
  • When Good Wishes Go Bad (As You Wish, #2)

“Isn’t that supposed to be my line?” he asked ruefully.” 0 likes