Start by marking “Conservative Victory” as Want to Read:
Conservative Victory

Conservative Victory

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  506 ratings  ·  50 reviews

Barack Obama and his radical team of self-professed socialists, fringe activists, and others are trying to remake the American way of life. They have used their new Democratic majority to launch an alarming assault on our capitalist systemwhile abandoning the war on terror, undermining our national security, and weakening our position in the eyes of our enemies. The "cand

Published March 30th 2010 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Conservative Victory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conservative Victory

Sevil
Let me preface this review by saying that I knew I would not enjoy this book when I picked it up from the library. However, I decided to give it a read to have a deeper insight into how the ideology of the right is changing with the new found political climate.

I began reading this book and within the introduction, Hannity reminisces about the Reagan era of conservatism, as many other Republicans are at this time. However, every piece of far right propaganda produced by this book go directly AGAI
Bernard Doddema Jr
I've never read a Hannity book but it's pretty much like his show. I'd love to be able to talk to him, ask him some questions and get his ideas on certain issues.

I love how he goes into the background of Obama, not as a birther, but what formed the man. How he was influenced as a young man by those around him.

The quotes from Ronald Reagan were amazing especially how they tied into today's issues. It's almost as if he was talking about today instead of the late 1960's through his presidency.

The p
Bernie
The ascendent radical left, who have now firmly taken control, not only of the Democratic Party but the country have given the majority of Americans a decidedly anti-American, anti-free market, anti-Constitutional, and anti-liberty & freedom message. In it's place they offer a smorgasboard of government control, regulation, profligate spending and nanny-state programs.

The ironic positive side to this situation is that many Americans are reviewing (or discovering for the first time) the prin
Dominic
This is a great book for anyone unfamiliar with Sean Hannity, conservative principles, or the dealings of Barack Obama and the socialist left that he is associated with. If you listen to Sean Hannity's radio show frequently, as I do, then there is a chance that the information in this book is nothing to do you as a reader. Thus the 4.0 rating. It is a great list of conservative principles and how to get back to the constitutional roots of the nation. This a book that you should give to your libe ...more
William
A compelling pitch for conservatism and the need to get the country back to constitutional basics. Well worth the read.
Robbie
An excellent treatise on how our political past has shaped our present and what we can start to do now to shape our future. Filled with direct quotes and footnotes, Sean Hannity lets the anti-conservative politicians own words show their true agenda. Like many conservatives, I believe in the vision the founding fathers had for our country and in our Constitution's ability to continue to be the backbone of a great nation as it was originally intended to be. Our country stands as a beacon of hope ...more
Jeff Stockett
I thought this book was really good. It starts out with a review of President Obama, his beliefs and his associations. I thought that section was a little long winded, because I already knew Obama was far left of me and that the "fundamental change" that he is working for is not what I want of America. So I didn't really need 100 pages of information about that. But I can understand why Sean Hannity wanted to make sure that was covered.

After that section, though, was when the book got really goo
Michael
First, this book is a very easy read. If I actually had time to read more it would have been a very quick read. Mr. Hannity lays out the case against President Obama, his administration and the liberal/progressive agenda. Anyone that is following the country these days knows most of what Mr. Hannity has written about in the first part of the book. While it is repetitive, it is also good for anyone wanting assistance in articulating themselves during discussions with liberals. The second part of ...more
Chris Munson
For those of us that were actually paying attention during this last election cycle...there really is not anything new in this book. For those individuals that made their decision based soley on emotion (and are now suffering from buyers remorse), but maintain an open mind; you may learn something from the multitude of documented facts about the idiologies and philosophies of our current president. I will give Hannity props for actually proposing solutions to many of our problems which so many p ...more
Stephen Tuck
My first impression remains: it's a journalists quickie book rattled off in a quiet spot between elections. The ideas aren't explored in any real detail and there's little or no philosophical depth (among other things, liberalism, socialism and Marxism are treated and basically interchangeable philosophies). The prospect that this might be the state of modern conservative thought would make Edmund Burke turn in his grave.
Amanda
I would actually place this book somewhere between a 3 and a 4. I like a lot of what he had to say, but...

1. The first section on Obama was pretty much just a recap of news since his election. Anyone paying attention to what is going on already knew all of those facts.

2. Sometimes it didn't seem like he was getting to the point.

3. He focused a bit too much on abortion. Don't hate me here. I understand it is a big issue for many, but for me it is more of a detail in the fabric. I think the focus
Ambassador116
I always enjoy watching and reading Hannity. This book was great to see what Conservatives need to hold to as conservatives. I enjoyed his fair style quoting both Democrats and Republicans to make his points. Overall a great read and one I would recommend for teens and young adults.
Mike
A great easy and short read to understand Obama's extremely liberal background, colleagues, what he's done, and what he plans to do (versus what we're told is going on). The book also includes a great summary of our conservative principles and detailed goals we should all be working towards, summing up for a great argument as to why we MUST voice our opinions in the upcoming elections!

Also, the book was very cheap and paperback--Only $9 at Costco or $8 on Abebooks.com (including $3 shipping). Ge
Roberto Obando
A very short and simple read, as the writing does not exceed a 6th grade reading level.The downer about this book is if you start watching Sean Hannity clips on YouTube for 20 minutes, you pretty much have already read this book. It is very weak in addressing actual solutions to many of the problems that the "far left" have caused in America (according to him). Overall, WEAK.
James Pesutich
This book was written with insight, honesty and determination. It reminded me that the conservative party is the only party that values what I value: individual liberty, strong work ethic, strong national defense and integrity. This is a must read for ALL who are concerned with our nation's future.
Ernie Dawson
Sean Hannity is a great American. It's hard for me to rate a book "5" unless I really think it's either 1) a classic or 2) a must read. There are very few "must read" books out there. There are, however, classics. I don't think this book will become a classic although I has some really good stuff in it.
Reading Suggested
The truth behind Obama, the man and the liberal machine that put him in office..their influences and objectives. And, more importantly, what conservatives need to do to win back the White House and control of Congress. Enlightening and motivating, it's a roadmap for conservative and a call to action.
Sue
I liked this book. There was information in it that I didn't kinow, but I have listened to Sean Hannity so much that it was mostly things I had heard before from him. I do think he has things put together in a pretty straightforward way. It did serve to cement my conservatism even more.
Michael
Excellent outline of what must be done to defeat the march of Liberalism currently destroying America. Some hard truths must be faced by Conservatives if they expect to lead this country back to prosperity, and Hannity does a good job showing what they are -- and how to face them.
Kyle Miller
I really enjoyed this book. Over the past two and a half years I have really tried to become more aware of what is going on in our country. The book caused me to do a lot of soul searching about what my values really are. I would definitely recommend this book to others,
Janalee
Honestly this book was not as good as I expected. Granted it probably had some information that was fairly current at the time that it was written, but it provided nothing new to people who are tuned into politics and the conservative movement.

I just expected more.
Lorraine
ok, for all you hannity fans! i really don't like the vitriol he spouts about anything with which he disagrees! and there is nothing wrong with his position or the people with whom he agrees! i guess i am somewhere in the middle and find his rantings to be a bit over the top.
faithful
Well written and full of facts [with exceptional notations in the back:] -- this book starts out a bit depressing due to the cataloging of our current D.C. administration members but gives hope in the end with some solid ideas for good change.
Housegabel
He spends the first 3 chapters tearing Obama and his administration apart. The next three chapters are about conservatism. The final three chapters were his plan for conservatism moving forward. I was hoping for more on the moving forward part.
Anthony
Hannity is spot on! If you are a conservative thinker you will really like this book. If you are a liberal leaning thinker read this book notwithstanding. In light of the author's arguments I challenge you to prove he's wrong.
Eric
A great, interesting look at Obama and his origins, as well as the politics of Republicans vs. Democrats, and what the conservatives need to do to oust the Democrats from majority and bring back a conservative administration.
Dyanne
Every American should read this book, regardless of party affiliation. Hannity deftly unveils the deception and incomprehensible stupidity in which Obama and his cohorts are engaged. The facts are inarguable.
Heather
Mar 31, 2010 Heather marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I'm curious what this will say. I think of Hannity as kind of a parrot of everybody else - not ever original. I know he's very capable of criticizing Obama; I'm interested to see what his ideas are.
Bernie
Good stuff if you're conservative. It's too bad many Republicans don't fully espouse conservative philosophy. If they did, our country wouldn't be going to hell in a handbasket quite so quickly.
Julie
Predictable Hannity. He's a Reaganite. He encouraged Republicans/Tea Partiers, etc. to refrain from splitting the party. Many pages devoted to the molding/formation of Obama ideology.
  • The Obama Diaries
  • Crimes Against Liberty: An Indictment of President Barack Obama
  • Guilty: Liberal "Victims" and Their Assault on America
  • The Real America: Messages from the Heart and Heartland
  • Culture of Corruption: Obama and His Team of Tax Cheats, Crooks, and Cronies
  • See, I Told You So
  • Courage and Consequence: My Life as a Conservative in the Fight
  • The Enemy Within: Saving America from the Liberal Assault on Our Churches, Schools, and Military
  • The Roots of Obama's Rage
  • Pinheads and Patriots: Where You Stand in the Age of Obama
  • Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto
  • Arrogance: Rescuing America From The Media Elite
  • Fleeced: How Barack Obama, Media Mockery of Terrorist Threats, Liberals Who Want to Kill Talk Radio, the Do-Nothing Congress, Companies That Help Iran, and Washington Lobbyists for Foreign Governments Are Scamming Us...and What to Do About It
  • Rebooting the American Dream: 11 Ways to Rebuild Our Country
  • The New Road to Serfdom: A Letter of Warning to America
  • The Obama Hate Machine: The Lies, Distortions, and Personal Attacks on the President---and Who Is Behind Them
American radio/television host, author, and neoconservative political commentator. Also he has his own datingnetwork called "Hannidate" for gay and straight conservatives.

Hannity is a co-host of Hannity & Colmes in which he represents the conservative point of view. Also he runs an conservative radio talk show.

More about Sean Hannity...
Let Freedom Ring: Winning the War of Liberty over Liberalism Deliver Us from Evil: Defeating Terrorism, Despotism, and Liberalism Let Freedom Ring Surrounded by Idiots: Fighting Liberal Lunacy in America Deliver Us from Evil

“Obama's rhetorical overtures to democracy, it turned out, were just a decoy to conceal his unwavering determination to govern from the far left.” 2 likes