Start by marking “Woman After God's Own Heart (R)” as Want to Read:
Woman After God's Own Heart (R)

Woman After God's Own Heart (R)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  164 ratings  ·  17 reviews
A new cover and fresh updates enrich Elizabeth George's bestselling A Woman After God's Own Heart(r) (over 735,000 copies sold). This very popular selection for personal and group study is filled with rich advice, spiritual wisdom, and practical applications. With passion and personality, Elizabeth George shares how a woman can follow God and seek His heart in every area o ...more
Published July 1st 2006 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Woman After God's Own Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Woman After God's Own Heart

Kristen Wampner
Book Cover: I loved the pink book cover with the fancy girly font. *STAR*

Author: Elizabeth George is a very talented writer who has many references to back her up. *STAR*

Story: A Woman After God's Own Heart is a book that teaches women skills of becoming a woman after God's own heart. It covers everything from being a good wife and mother to prioritizing your life and household. *STAR*

Character/Relationships: This book teaches you how to build relationships with your husband, your children, oth
Marsha
Elizabeth George truly has a gift for telling you like it is while also showing you that you aren't alone. In today's crazy, materialistic world, I often find myself forgetting where my heart and mind should be. This book has redirected me to the correct path on more than one occasion. Thanks Elizabeth George!
Margaret Metz
I think with all books of this type, you remember a person wrote it and appreciate their wisdom and opinions and glean from it whatever you can. Most of the time it was very uplifting and helpful (and challenging) to read.
Leshia Roberts Chandler
I bought a several books by Elizabeth and Jim at one time because the title intrigued me. I have not been dissatisfied yet! While I'm reading this, my husband is reading A Man after Gods own Heart and afterwards we will be reading A Husband/ A Wife after Gods own Heart! Our 9 year old son is even reading a Boy after Gods own Heart right now and he says he loves it! What a great way to refresh our family spiritually and keep us moving as the team God wants us to be. We've been married for 13 year ...more
Davina Sinclair
This is a life changing book. We used it at a study group a few years ago and still remind each other of some of the challenges. There is a very helpful study guide to go with it. Although its title is a "woman after Gods own heart" it mostly focuses on wives and mothers. I would also have liked a bit more about ways to serve people other than your family. That said this was a very helpful book.
Mikiesmum
I loved this book and anything by Elizabeth George. She speaks to my heart. I don't always like how her comments make me realise my short comings but I do like how she is full of good advice that fits into God's plan for us as women.
Sheila
This book is a wonderful encouragement and challenge to me. I decided to reread it now(I studied it a few years ago in Bible Study) because I felt I needed a reminder of what type of wife God wants me to be.
Angie Rice
This was a great book for this season of my life. It's perfect for the married woman. While George says this can pertain to single women as well, I tend to disagree.
Divarae

I read this again and again every few years when I feel my priorities slipping in my family's busy life. Such practical wisdom and encouragement.
Norma
I first read this book during my first year of marriage. It was powerful and helped motivate me to be a good, loving wife and more devoted Christian.
Marla
I painfully finished this book. I was very frustrated with many of the concepts presented and must admit she and I interpret scripture differently.
Angela
This book changed my life - this is the book I think every woman should read
Marya
Reading for a Bible group. Also the study guide.
Suzanne
Good book for the women
Hannah Bielicki
Amazing devotional for girls!
Mary
well worth reading
Andrea
Andrea added it
Aug 28, 2015
Kristen
Kristen is currently reading it
Aug 26, 2015
Tangela Hook
Tangela Hook marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Kimberly Singletary
Kimberly Singletary marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
gerald l stein
gerald l stein is currently reading it
Aug 13, 2015
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
CJ
CJ is currently reading it
Aug 06, 2015
Kathie Anderson
Kathie Anderson is currently reading it
Aug 06, 2015
  • Becoming a Woman of Excellence
  • Lord, Teach Me to Pray in 28 Days
  • Becoming a Titus 2 Woman: A Bible Study with Martha Peace
  • Courageous Generosity: A Bible Study for Women on Heroic Sacrifice
  • Hope of the Gospel
  • A Pilgrim's Journey: The Autobiography of St. Ignatius of Loyola
  • A Big Heart Open to God: A Conversation with Pope Francis
  • Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul: Stories to Open the Heart and Rekindle the Spirit (Chicken Soup for the Soul)
  • God Will Make a Way: What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do
  • Red Letters: Living a Faith That Bleeds
  • Seeing through the Fog: Hope When Your World Falls Apart
  • 60 Things God Said About Sex
  • Praying the Names of God: A Daily Guide
  • The Only Necessary Thing: Living a Prayerful Life
  • The Power of a Praying Life: Finding the Freedom, Wholeness, and True Success God Has for You
  • When You Don't Know What to Pray: How to Talk to God about Anything
Elizabeth George is bestselling author and national speaker dedicated to helping people live a life after God’s own heart. For over 30 years, the teachings and steadfast example of Elizabeth has helped countless men and women:

- Simplify life by focusing on God’s priorities.
- Appreciate God’s Word and apply it to everyday situations.
- Respond to circumstances with confidence by seeing yourself thro
More about Elizabeth George...
A Woman After God's Own Heart Loving God with All Your Mind Beautiful in God's Eyes A Young Woman After God's Own Heart A Wife After God's Own Heart