Start by marking “Under the Radar (Sisterhood, #13)” as Want to Read:
Under the Radar (Sisterhood, #13)

Under the Radar (Sisterhood #13)

4.11  ·  Rating Details ·  2,392 Ratings  ·  118 Reviews
In The Middle Of The Night, The Sisterhood Is Your Only Hope

A Sister’s work is never done—not when there are wrongs to right and underdogs to defend. Just returned to their mountaintop hideaway after their latest successful mission, the seven fearless friends enjoy a celebratory dinner and retire to bed. But within an hour, an alarm sounds, and the ladies rush into the com
Published June 1st 2009 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Under the Radar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under the Radar

Kathy Davie
Nov 09, 2011 Kathy Davie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, suspense
Thirteenth in the Sisterhood vengeance-suspense series based on a group of women seeking justice for those who can't find it in the existing legal system. This particular story takes part mostly in Utah.

My Take
This story is a perfect example of how stupid the women are! They have been going on forever and ever about how they don't need no steenking men and, in this story, when Charles takes off, they practically blackmail the guy into giving up his computer password because...listen up...they
Kelley
Courtesy of CK2S Kwips and Kritiques

The seven women making up the Sisterhood have just returned to their mountain command center when their chief coordinator, Charles Martin, and mentor, Myra Rutledge, are called away in the middle of the night for a family emergency. Shortly after they leave, the Sisters receive a phone call from former judge Pearl Barnes who has just happened across a stranded bus full of pregnant teens. As it turns out, these girls are part of a polygamist sect. The Sisters s
Lisa
Aug 20, 2009 Lisa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: NO ONE!
Well, that's two days of my life i'm never getting back. Forced and unbelievable characterization and stilted dialog throughout. Terrible!
Maggie61
I am not sure why I keep reading this series. The writing is not great, the story is all over the place and the dialogue is ridiculous at times. I guess I am hoping that the series will return to how great the first few books were. So far though, that isn't happening. The earlier books spent more time into the planning of the revenge and the revenge itself. As this series progresses though it seems like a lot of meaningless babble and very little on the juicy revenge/justice on the people deserv ...more
Rebecca
Apr 15, 2009 Rebecca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first time the Sisterhood has taken on a mission without Charles and Myra's help. I really liked seeing the women complete the mission without Charles, because the main theme of the Sisterhood books is basically that women can do anything. This book is the first to show that the women could handle a mission on their own.
Alexia561
Aug 12, 2009 Alexia561 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
This is the 13th book in the Sisterhood series, featuring a group of women who have formed a sort of secret vigilante group. If you haven't read any of the series yet, I wouldn't recommend starting with this one, as I didn't feel it was very strong. Okay if you already know the characters, not so much if you're new to the series.

The book starts off by the vigilantes losing Charles, their main strategist, as he heads off to deal with a personal crisis. Myra, his lady love, goes with him at the la
Donna
May 25, 2009 Donna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This wasn't quite as strong a book as he prior sisterhood novels.
Charles is called back to England when a son he didn't know existed is hospitalized with possibly fatal trauma incurred while testing aircraft for the British government.
Meanwhile, a mission comes up involving young teenage brides in a polygamist compound. The Sisters decide to take on the misssion with Annie and Nicki stepping in as planners. It's a bumpier ride without Charles' years of experience as an undercover agent.
Zjourney
Feb 18, 2011 Zjourney rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I did not enjoy this book. I found myself rolling my eyes in exasperation again & again. I thought their interactions - especially with each other - were *extremely* abrasive. Their dependence on Charles for everything from missions to meals was beyond annoying. Their bickering like children & being treated as such was stupid. Their mission & grandstanding was sickening. Come on, Fern! Get off the testosterone show-boat & give us back the sisterhood!
Christine
Nov 09, 2016 Christine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I very much enjoy this series.The last book faltered for me, but this one was right back on track. The characters were mostly together throughout, and that creates the best dynamic. It moved quickly, had plenty of action, some good wit, and dealt with a touchy subject in the way that we all wish it could be handled. Yay for the sisterhood.
Wendy Labrum
Oct 26, 2016 Wendy Labrum rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this one to be interesting, not knowing about charles/Myra. I have the whole series and can't wait to begin #14. I don't know how Fern thinks up all these things. I can say this book, I thought, was a bit more graphic...
Jean Kovats
Dec 06, 2016 Jean Kovats rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holds me from start to finish. Can't wait to see how they handle Charles in the next book, as I am sure he will be back. Love how they are all slowly finding mates.
Cathie Schumaker
Oct 02, 2016 Cathie Schumaker rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was barely able to finish this book. Granted, I've never read any others in the series, but this author didn't give me much info to figure out the relationships between characters. I've read other books in the middle of a series and had no problem following the stories.
Jennifer Schreiber
Polygamy

This novel involves the vigilantes taking on a polygamy sect. It was well written and a joy to read. .
Heather
Sisterhood #13

The sisterhood vs HOE (Heaven on Earth)

Charles and Myra are MIA, Annie takes charge and the Vigilantes take on a mission without Charles at the lead. 13 pregant girls all around the age of 12-14 Pearl stubbles upon puts the HOE on the Sisters radar.

The Sisters along with Jack, Harry, Maggie, Bert, and Joe take on a polygamy sect called Heaven on Earth (HOE). In this novel the sisters battle the religious / cult leader Harold Evanrod who calles himself the Prophet.

Not only do the
Debbie Mosley
on page 78. I started this book, having absolutely no idea what it is about. Was reading it before bed and am glad I did not have nightmares. It is the kind of thing that makes me MAD. Abuse, polygamy, rape of children under age 13-14, as they marry the "Prophet" and become pregnant. The Prophet "owns" all the women and children... and as if this isn't enough to make steam come out your ears... since the Prophet only has ONE legal wife... all the teen moms are on the welfare system... do the mat ...more
Jintana
Mar 29, 2012 Jintana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
Sisterhood ซีรีสที 13 ทีเกียวกับเืมืองทีมีลัทธิทีผูชายในชุมชนมีภรรยาหลายคน (polygamy) โดยทีผูหญิงโดนลางสมองโดยผูนำลัทธิและเมือเริมแตกวัยสาวกจะโดนจับแตงงานเพือมีลูกและรับเงินสวัสดิการของรัฐ

Sisterhood ทีสมาชิกคนหนึงเปนถึงอดีตผูพิพากษาไดพยายามเขาไปชวยเดกผูหญิงทีอายุเพียง 14 ปีแตตังทองกับผูชายวัยคราวพอ แตคราวนีสมาชิกทุกคนตองชวยเหลือตนเองอยางสุดความสามารถเพราะมันสมองทีชวยวางแผนงานอยางชารลสติดภารกิจสวนตัวทีตองไปสะสางทีประเทศอังกฤษโดยมีมิราติดตามไปดวย

เรืองราวเกียวกับลัทธินีเปนเรืองทีเกิดขึนจริงในรัฐทา
Brenda Benoit
Carol  MacInnis
Jun 26, 2011 Carol MacInnis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
With the Sisters back on the mountaintop after their last mission, they are awakened by the alarm. The run to the compound to find their mentor, Charles Martin and Myra running to catch the helicopter. A note is found which reads that Charles has a personal emergency and does not know if he will/can return.

Meanwhile retired justice Pearl Barnes is asking for help from the girls as she has just saved fourteen pregnant teenagers who belong to a polygamy sect. The girls must now rally together and
Eileen
Oct 12, 2015 Eileen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a perfect beach read for three hours today on one of the warmest fall days we've had here in Falmouth, MA on Cape Cod. Sitting in my comfy beach chair I read this interesting book about a retired judge who helps abused women but this mission was helping fourteen teenagers who were pregnant and trying to get away from a polygamy sect. A group of Sisters are also main characters and they dive in to devise a plan to help out. There are underlying stories that connect with the main plot. An int ...more
Manju
Jun 17, 2009 Manju rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well after final justice (the book previous to this one in the series), I was ready to never touch the series again but the first line of the summary hooked me.
This book is definitely an improvement and it definitely ends with the reader on tenterhooks as to what will happen in the next book.
Unfortunately, as is repeatedly said throughout the book "there is no plan" is true - neither a plan nor a plot.
I was hoping that in the absence of Charles, the sisterhood would build some semblance of a pla
Patricia Solla
Apr 23, 2012 Patricia Solla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own, pbs
This book show the sisterhood at its best. The women are left to figure out what to do about a situation that arises that needs their intervention and the key figure who usually puts a plan together and runs the action is off on a mission that does not include the sisterhood. Lots of action. The reader learns about polgamy and the sects that create their compounds and have a leader who contols the people within. Good action. More to come for the sisterhood can't wait to see what happens next.
Donna Mcnab
Aug 31, 2009 Donna Mcnab rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As always, this "Sisterhood" book is fun and well written. Under the rather lighthearted writing, is the more serious subject of a polygamist sect run by the "Prophet", cheating welfare, and "marrying" 12 and 13 year old girls to get them pregnant, therefore raking in more welfare. This subject has certainly been popping up in the news over the past few years and it is rather troubling to see just how bad the situation can be for young girls and boys born within these sects. This book makes you ...more
Sally Brooks
I have read a few of the books in the "Sisterhood" series and enjoyed them. I think I read this one out of order so it took me a while to get caught up on what was happening. I think they are getting a little "out there" as far as being believable in their missions. Too many characters to keep up with! I spent most of the time just trying to figure out who each character is and who their partner is and why they are always swooning over each other.
Corinne
This book is one of the Sisters vigilantes books that I have always enjoyed. This one has the background of a highly secretive and controversial polygamy sect. One of the sisters runs an Underground Railroad to help abused and displaced women and has just rescued fourteen pregnant teenagers who belong to this sect. Then the action begins. Really an enjoyable read.
Liz
Sep 05, 2016 Liz rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The vigilante sisterhood take on a cult that allows men to marry multiple women who are brainwashed and made to live like slaves (sex slaves for the young ones). They are a little less organized than the other plans since Charles and Myra are off in England dealing with a personal crisis. But they get the job done. Although I really enjoy this series I felt this one was less exciting.
Marnie
May 07, 2011 Marnie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Have to say that this is one of the better books I have read since the first 7 books of the sisterhood. Hope that they continue to pick up a bit. Still enjoy reading the series! If you were to want to only read specifics after the first 7 books I would say that this is a definite read. Good job to the sisterhood in this one!
Eileen
I thought it was good. I read the first 12 one right after the other and started getting board with the series so I took a long break. It was enjoyable. They spend so much time planning throughout the book and in one chapter it's over. Nothing exciting happened on their mission. They went in did their deed and left end of story. Till next time......
Sharon
May 19, 2013 Sharon rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Did not relate to any of the characters-- since this is the 13th in the series, obviously the reader was supposed to already know the members of The Sisterhood, but I did not and did not care for any of them. They were one-dimensional and I felt that I was reading one of those terrible car-chasing, crashing, loud TV shows that I hate.
Mark Buehl
Another sisterhood book and another good read. This one has two stories going at the same time. This is good and bad. Good in the sense that they are tied together and one supports the other. Bad in the sense that it distracts from the main story some. All the characters are there and with the normal ending.
Erica
Sep 29, 2009 Erica rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I finally figured out why i don't like this author's books. They are dialogue heavy and have little to no plot line. The fast moving pace would be fine in a magazine article, but in a book that is supposedly a series there is no character development, no scene setting and no plot development. This is the last Michaels book i read.
  • A Gift of Joy (Delanza #2.5)
  • Flirting with Disaster (The Charleston Trilogy, #2)
  • Marked in Mexico
  • Ice Trap
  • In Office Hours
  • The Man In The Mask
  • Nemesis
  • Taking a Stand
  • At the Argentinean Billionaire's Bidding (International Billionaires, #2)
  • 1022 Evergreen Place (Cedar Cove, #10)
  • The Baby Farm
  • Criminal Seduction
  • The Secret Hour
  • A Darker Place (Sean Dillion, #16)
  • Sweet Rains: Second Nature / Lessons Learned
  • Resistance
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I w ...more
More about Fern Michaels...

Sisterhood (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1)
  • Payback (Sisterhood, #2)
  • Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3)
  • The Jury (Sisterhood, #4)
  • Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)
  • Lethal Justice (Sisterhood #6)
  • Free Fall (Sisterhood, #7)
  • Hide and Seek (Sisterhood, #8 / Rules of the Game, #1)
  • Hokus Pokus