Start by marking “Undead and Unreturnable (Undead, #4)” as Want to Read:
Undead and Unreturnable (Undead, #4)

Undead and Unreturnable (Undead #4)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  16,984 ratings  ·  450 reviews
As if she needed yet another reason to shop, Queen of the Vampires Betsy Taylor is in the middle of planning the perfect wedding to drop-dead gorgeous vamp Eric Sinclair. And she’s not about to let little things like death and blood-drinking get in her way.

But all is not bouquets and bridal showers—Betsy is plagued by ghosts who demand her help in rectifying their past mis
Published May 30th 2006 by Penguin Group (USA) (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Undead and Unreturnable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Undead and Unreturnable

Exina
"See, things started out innocently enough—a visitor, a comment, finding out a new vampire rule—and the next thing I know, I'm up to my tits in undead politics, or attempted revolutions, or dead bodies."

The ’Queen Betsy’ series is still very entertaining, although sometimes I have to turn back the pages to recall what had happened? It is not boring, but still, the story is about only the daily life of Betsy and her housemates.

Let’s see in details!

Meanwhile Betsy’s lovelorn admirer, the ex-blade-
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
"Anni di vita a leggere Sposa Moderna urlarono inorriditi dentro di me, ma dannazione, non pensavo di avere tutti quei problemi."

Dopo un paio di letture deludenti che c'è di meglio che leggere un libro che sicuramente ti regalerà ore di lettura divertente e spensierata? Ancora una volta mi sono immersa nelle spassose avventure della regina Betsy con il suo affascinante re e tutti gli altri fantastici personaggi! Devo dire che ogni libro mi sembra più sottiletta del precedente e finisce davvero t
Kathy
From a blog post I wrote in 2006:

As part of my weekend binge reading, I plowed through the first four books in Mary Janice Davidson's Undead... series. The titles are: Undead and Unemployed, Undead and Unwed, Undead and Unappreciated and Undead and Unreturnable.

Davidson combined two of my favorite genres, Chick Lit and Vampire, into a wonderful series. The main character, Betsy Taylor, gets hit be a car on her 30th birthday and wakes up in a coffin at the funeral home. What concerns her most is
Lissa Smith
I could not believe how many error typo's are in this book. Some scenes were written so badly it was confusing. I could not tell who is speaking, or thinking. It was confusing. However, these books are hilarious!
Vilda
Re-read: January, 2013 (Audiobook edition)
First read: 2008 (paperback)

Gosh, how I love Betsy! I hadn't realised just how much I missed her and the rest, until I got the audiobook in an attempt to get the boyfriend to try some of my favourite stories, lol. (It's easier for him to listen than reading English, if he does pick up a book.) I think I ended up enjoying it the most though, even if he admits to kind of liking Betsy too. ;)

I have to continue this series ASAP! Betsy, Sinclair (*fans self*)
Jim
About the same as the others - a 2 star book that was helped a lot by Nancy Wu reading it. There's not a lot of story, reminds me of a soap opera, but it is kind of funny. Nothing remarkable, just the continuing saga...
Debbie
While Eric Sinclair considered them consorts and not in need of a wedding ceremony, Elizabeth (Betsy) Taylor had always dreamed of her wedding day. She was having a wedding, she was the Queen Vampire and no one was going to stand in her way of having that dream wedding. Not her new born baby brother, not the growing friendship with her half sister (the devil’s spawn), not the vampire fiend living in the basement, not the human serial killer, not the new ghost checking out all of her shoes, and d ...more
Shannon
Still in love :P

I thought that as I read this series that I might end up losing interest. So many series start off amazing and then turn blah. While there's nothing earth-shattering about Betsy's story, it's still a fun, light read. New problems arised between all people around and yet again there's a killer on the loose. Part of me wonders why there are so many freaks and sociopaths running around in Betsy's world, but I'll let it go because I love this series. It's still hilarious.

I absolutely
Jennifer Wardrip
As Christmas approaches, Betsy has more on her mind than Queenly duties. There's still shopping to be done, a Christmas tree to put up in Jessica's house (to the horror of the vamps that reside there!) and her new baby step-brother. There's also a wedding to plan (she keeps pushing back the date she'll make it official with Sinclair), the matter of former-Bee Jon wanting to write her life's story for a college class, the reappearnce of vampire librarian Marjorie who wants her to write a column f ...more
Heather Holmes
what can you say about a vampire queen whose loyalty can be bought by designer shoes?

this book was a disappointment of sorts for me. i mean, dont get me wrong...i am absolutely in l o v e with this series. but it's possible that after finishing the last book with all of the new action and romance i built up too much suspense for myself waiting for this book to arrive for me. and although it was a good read (finished it in a day, i'm proud to say) it was a surprising bump in the series.

this boo
Janine
Some people criticized Undead and Unreturnable because it didn't really have a strong plot (if the other books had more, I must have missed it somehow), but considering how many times I laughed out loud (well, really, it was more like barking—what with the sinus infection and all), it just wasn't a big issue for me. These books just make me smile, and sometimes that's enough. Which isn't to say there isn't any meaningful content to them, of course.

And absolutely, hands down, the best line of the
A Purvis
Kirsten
I really like this series. So light and airy a vampire story. Vampires are still homicidal (and evil some of the time). But never let it be said being "undead" stopped you from going to the sales. LOL!
Ronda
Well Betsy went and done it again, created bundles of laughter with her undead life!!!

I love the way MaryJanice Davidson writes these books, the thrill of romance, the joy of laughter and the touch of mystery all combined gives for a delicious novel!!!

This time Betsy makes good with Laura, baby Jon, big Jon, and of course the regular gang. There is a murderer on the loose and ghosts to help Betsy solve the crime. Laura has a few moments with her mother (Mrs Devil) and a spat with George (who I l
Jaime
This will be my last Queen Betsy book. As much as I like the characters, there was just no plot here! You get a few promises of interesting stuff that might happen later, particularly with Betsy’s sister (the daughter of the devil), but nothing actually happens. I expected there to be a lot more involvement between Betsy and Nick as they search for the Driveway Killer, but instead, it’s all wrapped up inside of a chapter in a pretty anti-climatic way. Oh yeah, you get some expected bickering bet ...more
Art Lueder
Betsy is fun and pretty brainless. I enjoy the stories enough to pick them up between other books but I really can't recommend them for anything but a bit of fun and fluff. There is more relationship drama with Eric in this one and lots of make up sex :D. I can't say Betsy is really growing in power since her biggies seem to be talking to ghosts and not being able to be killed like a normal vampire. I'll probably keep reading the series off and on but I have many others ahead of it right now.
Heather
Emily
A serial killer is loose in the Twin Cities, murdering tall, blonde women, and Betsy is vaguely interested in stopping him. But, mostly, she’s interested in hanging out with her vampire pals and getting to know her long-lost devil-spawn sister, and helping Jessica get a date. Which is fun to read about, but really, really fluffy and insubstantial. Which is just what a person needs sometimes. Frothy funny fiction.
Natalia Ch
No spoilers -
This series is just SO FUNNY!!
It's very entertaining and makes me laugh all the way from beginning to end.
I don't mean LAUGH OUT LOUD moments, but I do laugh and giggle all the way through.
The main character, Betsy, is just so clueless, funny, yet strong in a way, but just probably because she's Queen of the vampires.
A blond Vampire... on heels! :-)
It's not complicated, easy to read, entertaining and funny. Perfect for disconnecting from everyday life and relaxing.

Random quot
Ethernya
Chronique Compléte.
Une lecture détente qui met davantage le côté chick-lit de la série en avant au détriment de tout le reste. Des personnages inchangés pour la majorité mais ceux qui ont droit à une évolution titille notre curiosité.
Bud
3 stars for book 4. Not much going on in this one. Average story not much action.
Beginning books Betsy avoiding Eric now Eric avoiding Betsy. This is Book 4 and we are still reading about a wedding, maybe? Since I like book series and already purchased books 5-6-7-8-9. I'll continue onto book 5.
Rochelle
The author believes kidnapping and rape to be romantic and sexy methods of gaining a spouse. Any reasonable person will forgo this author so they don't throw up from the message that abuse and sexual assault are ways to show you care.
Brekke
The fourth book draws us further into the chaos that is being the Queen of the Vampires. Not only is she responsible for vampires, but she can also see ghosts and those ghosts want her to solve problems for them. Most of them are fairly easily solved, but a few like to stick around. At the same time, a serial killer is menacing St. Paul, and one of his victim's ghosts comes to Betsy seeking help. This novel lets us see both a darker side of the Ant (and I didn't think I could dislike her more) a ...more
Amber Hatfield
2.5 stars. I was really hoping after the second book in this series that I would be laughing my bum off with each book..But it seems to be going down hill. Yes, there are still some laughs but that is about it. No mystery, no romance really. Just a lot of bantering back and forth. Thankfully some of it is funny or else the book would be pretty much pointless. Also, there are a lot of grammar problems. Which I would usually overlook, but when names are not put in the proper place and I get totall ...more
Cyndi
OK, I didn't finish reading it but I couldn't get past the nonsense writing, the stupidity of the characters and the vulgarity. All I can say is I tried.
Christina
As I have said previously, there's really not a whole lot to say about this chapter that has not been said in my reviews of its predecessors. Undead and Unreturnable is the fourth in Davidson's Undead series that stars Betsy, an airheaded, shoe addict as the queen vampire, her incredibly gorgeous consort, Sinclair, and an entertaining supporting cast.

Unreturnable is humorous because in addition to everything else, the reader finds Betsy making wedding plans and babysitting for her new sibling. B
*Rachael*
I love Betsy and Jessica and Laura! It's like a short story in a book!
TinTin Kalaw
I am ever so entertained on how everyone is handling shit after shit being tossed at them :))

I love how diversely random all the characters are! Betsy and her half-sister Laura are definitely at the top of that list. I like how there is finally a substantial plot forming which has an overall impact to the series. Yes, the build-up may be slow but I think the pay-off is worth the wait ;) I loving those parts where Betsy's worries were of concern, like her love for both of her half-siblings :D

Drebbles
Vampire Queen Betsy Taylor is busy planning her wedding - when she's not busy fighting with her soon to be husband Eric Sinclair that is. She'd like to spend all her time planning the wedding but there are too many other things going on in her life. She has a new baby brother that she likes to visit even if she can't stand her stepmother; it's Christmas time; she has a feral vampire living in her basement; ghosts won't stop asking for her help; her sister Laura is starting to act oddly; and ther ...more
Kristen
  • Fire Me Up (Aisling Grey: Guardian, #2)
  • Don't Talk Back To Your Vampire (Broken Heart, #2)
  • Real Vampires Live Large (Glory St. Clair, #2)
  • Sucker Bet (Vegas Vampires, #4)
  • Dead If I Do (Garnet Lacey, #4)
  • Your Coffin or Mine? (Dead End Dating, #3)
  • Nice Girls Don't Date Dead Men (Jane Jameson, #2)
  • Fanged & Fabulous (Immortality Bites, #2)
MaryJanice Davidson is an American author who writes mostly paranormal romance, but also young adult and non-fiction. She is the creator of the popular Undead series. She is both a New York Times and USA Today bestseller. She won a 2004 Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award and was nominated for the same award in 2005.

MaryJanice's Facebook page:

More about MaryJanice Davidson...
Undead and Unwed (Undead, #1) Undead and Unemployed (Undead, #2) Undead and Unappreciated (Undead, #3) Undead and Unpopular (Undead, #5) Undead and Uneasy (Undead, #6)

“Darling, I have a penis. Ergo I have no preferences.” 16 likes
“Elizabeth Anne Taylor
April 25, 1974 - April 25, 2004
Our Sweetheart, Only resting”
15 likes