Start by marking “Claws of the Macra (Doctor Who: Decide Your Destiny, #13)” as Want to Read:
Claws of the Macra (Doctor Who: Decide Your Destiny, #13)

Claws of the Macra (Doctor Who: Decide Your Destiny #13)

A BBC Books adventure book based on the long-running British science fiction television series Doctor Who. It lets you join the Eleventh Doctor and Amy Pond on their travels through time and space in the TARDIS and influence the story with your decisions.
Published April 29th 2010 by BBC Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Claws of the Macra, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claws of the Macra

Dead Until Dark by Charlaine HarrisPretty Little Liars by Sara ShepardA Game of Thrones by George R.R. MartinThe Awakening / The Struggle by L.J. SmithThe Walking Dead, Vol. 01 by Robert Kirkman
Books That Are Also TV Shows
72nd out of 293 books — 142 voters
Doctor Who by Jonathan    MorrisDoctor Who by Jacqueline RaynerDoctor Who by Trevor BaxendaleDoctor Who by Justin RichardsDoctor Who by Gary Russell
Doctor Who Books
202nd out of 288 books — 111 voters

More lists with this book...

Apr 27, 2015 Krystle rated it it was ok
Yes, believe it or not; I'm done. (And I DID say it was light reading, did I not? ;) )
Though I admit I just followed where my choices led me in the story, when I would have normally read through all possible choices.

Also, there was supposed to be an online interactive thing as well that goes together with the book, but when I went to the url, it said that the Decide Your Destiny part has been discontinued, so that's a bummer.

But yeah, I found that this was a children's book anyway too, so no sur
Bobby Corry
Jul 05, 2015 Bobby Corry rated it it was ok
I did not like this book. It is definitely a child book.

Many years ago (at least 20) I read a Doctor Who book that was written in this "you decide your destiny" format. It was great. So when I saw there were newer books written in this format I bought everyone I could get my hands on. What a waste of money.

In the old book us realize how hard the life of the Doctor is since when you make a wrong decision you die. You the need to go bak a step or several steps to live through to the end of the bo
Andy Hickman
Sep 18, 2016 Andy Hickman rated it liked it
Trevor Baxendale, “Claws of the Macra: Decide Your Destiny; Doctor Who” (London: Penguin, 2010)

Multiple varying story liens and conclusions. Not all of them satisfying. [Spoiler: neither 'you' nor the main protagonists die]

Entry 10 – Pipes in the cave resemble the original novel “Doctor Who and the Daleks” (1963)
Entry 59 – Amy: “'I have a really bad feeling about this...'” (echos Star Wars quote)
Entry 61 - “'Decide your own destiny, eh?' the Doctor nods approvingly.
Entry 140 – Error, in bold “I
Aug 07, 2015 Rachel rated it really liked it
This one was a little better in terms of me choosing what I would do. Also it's with 11 and Amy so that's the best. I love that a villain from the 2nd Doctor was used :). I actually remembered it so that was classic Whovian. It was kind of a funny read because it's definitely geared toward young children but in my ending the Doctor had to unfortunately terminate the lives of these Macra to save Earth but he invited me to travel with him and Amy. Other endings included me just returning to the re ...more
Dec 09, 2013 Chad rated it liked it
Shelves: doctor-who
The Doctor faces... an evil crab race...

I did not thin this Decide Your Destiny novel was as good as the other one I read. The Doctor was not in it as much, there was less action, and the few times I read it, there were no bad endings. over all not a bad book for a very young Doctor Who fan, but not really good for young adult or adult readers.
May 24, 2013 annmarie rated it really liked it
this was another cute choose your own destiny book featuring the doctor. just like the last one, it took me about 30-40 minutes to read.
Rowan Fae
Nov 21, 2013 Rowan Fae rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, sf, ya, cyoa
I love Choose Your Own Adventure books. I love Doctor Who. What could be better?
Jan 03, 2011 Louise rated it it was ok
This was fun :)It was fun to choose the way the story went. I enjoyed reading it!
Alicia Pearson
Alicia Pearson marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2016
Saturnberry marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2016
Erik marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Becky rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2016
Isha Rao
Isha Rao marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2016
Atifa rated it it was ok
Jul 19, 2016
Aimee marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Rosana marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Cmackley marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Aimée marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Ashley Hill
Ashley Hill marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Rae added it
Mar 29, 2016
Fawkes added it
Mar 27, 2016
Imogen rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2016
Beiza added it
Mar 02, 2016
Lizzie Bates
Lizzie Bates marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2016
Emily marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Trevor Baxendale is a novelist who has penned several Doctor Who tie-in novels and audio dramas. He lives in Liverpool, England with his wife and two children.
More about Trevor Baxendale...

Doctor Who: Decide Your Destiny (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • The Spaceship Graveyard (Doctor Who: Decide Your Destiny, #1)
  • Alien Arena (Doctor Who: Decide Your Destiny, #2)
  • The Time Crocodile (Doctor Who: Decide Your Destiny, #3)
  • The Corinthian Project (Doctor Who: Decide Your Destiny, #4)
  • The Crystal Snare (Doctor Who: Decide Your Destiny, #5)
  • War Of The Robots (Doctor Who: Decide Your Destiny, #6)
  • Dark Planet (Doctor Who: Decide Your Destiny, #7)
  • The Haunted Wagon Train (Doctor Who: Decide Your Destiny, #8)
  • Lost Luggage (Doctor Who: Decide Your Destiny, #9)
  • Second Skin (Doctor Who: Decide Your Destiny, #10)