Start by marking “Who Will Plant a Tree?” as Want to Read:
Who Will Plant a Tree?

Who Will Plant a Tree?

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  65 ratings  ·  17 reviews
From the apple seeds stuck to the fur of a bear to the pine seed carried by an army of ants, Mother Nature is given a hand in dispersing seeds.
Published April 8th 2010 by Sleeping Bear Press

To ask other readers questions about Who Will Plant a Tree?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who Will Plant a Tree?

Laurie
In this realistic fiction picture book, variety of animals disperse seeds. The illustrations are lovely and the story is written very simply, though I believe that the concept is a bit more advanced that the text itself. A good introduction to seeds and tree planting for preschool through kindergarten. I do wish, however, that the editor had cut out the exclamation points; they are unnecessary and seem a bit silly in this otherwise straightforward and nature focused story.
Ina
This is a gentle, beautifully illustrated book about animals scattering seed that eventually grow into trees. Beginning with a squirrel who buries an acorn the kids focused on each and every picture and began joining in on the repeated phrase, "He/she/they didn't know it but he/she/they planted a tree" Monkeys throwing figs at each other, a wild horse planting a cherry tree and a beaver who plants maple trees when he nibbles down a maple tree for his dam all got the kids attention. Warning: ther ...more
Sarah BT
I didn't like this one as much as I thought. The idea is simple and great for teaching about how trees are planted, especially when they are not planted by people. But the illustrations were lacking and the story was just so-so. I felt like it was the same thing on each page which got boring. I also thought it was too simple and made it seem like the trees magically grew up very fast instead of taking time to grow. A decent book for starting a discussion on planting trees with young readers.
Lindsey Feldpausch
A read-aloud story with excellent illustrations big enough to share to students sitting on the floor or in a large group. Nonfiction. 5 minute read. Topic: Seed dispersal by means of animals in various ways. A wonderful visual aid to accompany this book would be a few different tree seeds, especially a Maple tree seed. It is hard to describe its "helicopter" quality.
Yingyi
Oct 08, 2014 Yingyi marked it as to-read
通过故事介绍种子传播
Jackie
Who Will Plant a Tree? gives the reader some food for thought about the numerous ways a tree can be planted naturally. From a squirrel who buries an acorn to a camel who chews and spits out seeds from a date and an elephant who leaves droppings...nature gives these beautiful specimans a way to live on and on.

Used for "Go Green" Storytime: April, 2011.
Kate Hastings
Jun 23, 2010 Kate Hastings rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Grades Pre-K to 2, ecology, trees
Simple book about the way animals help to spread seeds-- from the moose who gets tangled in pear branches to the goose who has a chestnut burr stuck in its feathers. Fun for arbor day. Grades Pre-K to 2.
Susan Dove Lempke
Too many exclamation points!!! But it's an interesting subject that I haven't seen in this format before--seeds in kids' books usually lead to plants instead of trees.
Edna
Great preschooler book about how animals plants trees all over the world and all by themselves, naturally. Nice realistic illustrations.
Kendra
Very simplified explanation of how trees are inadvertently planted by animals. Kids will likely enjoy the popping parts best.
Sandybear76
part of the new book for science adoption. It is about how seeds get from place to place.
Paula
Shows the various ways seeds can be dispersed and planted.
Katie
Meh. Pretty illustrations, though.
Tracie
Non-fiction/picture book to remember.
Heather
Not very impressive.
Shawn
Great illustrations.
Caril
Caril marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Anna
Anna added it
Sep 16, 2014
Cathy
Cathy added it
Aug 24, 2014
Tracie Wallace
Tracie Wallace marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Taylar Johnson
Taylar Johnson marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
My full name is Gerard Larry Pallotta but my mom always called me "Jerry". I was born on March 26, 1953 in Boston, Massachusetts. My mom's name is Mary, and she came from a family of ten children. My dad's name is Joe, and he came from a family of five children. My grandparents were immigrants of Italian descent. I have the nicest parents in the world. They have always been unselfish and ready to ...more
More about Jerry Pallotta...
Apple Fractions The Icky Bug Alphabet Book Who Will Guide My Sleigh Tonight? Hershey's Fractions The Construction Alphabet Book