Start by marking “Dinner for Busy Moms: Easy Strategies for Getting Your Family to the Table” as Want to Read:
Dinner for Busy Moms: Easy Strategies for Getting Your Family to the Table

Dinner for Busy Moms: Easy Strategies for Getting Your Family to the Table

3.25 of 5 stars 3.25  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  9 reviews
How do you improve your family's health and relationships, save money, and raise happier kids who get better grades and are less likely to do drugs? Family dinners! These easy strategies will get your family back to the table.
Published 2010 by Plain White Press

To ask other readers questions about Dinner for Busy Moms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dinner for Busy Moms

Shelleyrae at Book'd Out
It was always my plan to have my family eat dinner at least a few nights a week at the table together, but despite my best intentions it has never really been sucessful. Juggling the schedules of four picky eaters aged 4 - 14, mine and my husband's work hours and commitments make it almost impossible. Most nights I cook up to four separate meals. My younger kids won't eat this, my husband won't eat that, my oldest daughter isn't home from training until 2 hours after dinner etc *sigh*
Dinner For...more
Brenda
This isn't at all what I thought it'd be. It'd probably be a great book for someone who doesn't know how to cook AT ALL. Or doesn't really know anything about nutrition, for that matter.

I'm not a gourmet cook, by any means, but there was really absolutely nothing new for me in this book. I've already explored a lot of different options in making meals easier, and while this one did touch on different things, it was all very surfacey, and "go here for information about this".

There was also confl...more
Leah
This review was written for netGalley.

Jeanne Muchnick has written an encouraging book about the importance of family mealtimes. It is organized into eight very readable chapters that offer strategies for every aspect of creating a positive and healthy eating experience for your family. The first chapters are filled with facts and statistics about the value of making the most of this time with your kids. The most important message being the necessity of turning off the TV and electronics and act...more
Zee Monodee
Ever felt your sanity is running on desperately low at dinner time? For me it's worse because I actually start hyperventilating the minute I go into the kitchen and start to imagine, what's for dinner? Doesn't help that the minute my kids get in at 3, the first thing I hear as we're going up the stairs is, (you guessed it!) What's for dinner?

The book's main focus is about getting the whole family to the table. I didn't have much of that issue since my husband and I decided early on that we both...more
Heather
This isn’t a cook book (although there are recipes at the end), it’s advice on how to get your family to the dinner table in an easy, trouble-free way. As we’ve all heard, eating dinner together as a family is one of the best things you can do for your kids. However, in our increasingly busy world that’s seems to be getting harder and harder to do, as kids rush off to sports, dance and other outside activities. This book gives strategies to get families back to the table by whatever means necess...more
Rikki
This book is for the absolute beginners. If you have cooked for a family for some time and have something that looks somewhat like a family life then you are probably already too advanced for it.

Let’s look at some of the things this book explains:

It describes the situation as it is in a majority of households
It describes the advantages of family meals
It gives tips on how to accomplish a family dinner
It offers tips what kids of all ages can do to help in the kitchen
It offers time saving tips
It su...more
Suzanne Lazear
As a mom who works full time *and* writes (and blogs), I know how stressful dinnertime can be. There's nothing like walking into the door, exhausted, and being peppered with "so, what's for dinner?"

This book is full of hints and tips on how to take the stress out of dinner, get kids to try new foods, and get them involved in the dinner process. It's a handbook, of sorts, for making dinner manageable (and engaging children from tots to teens).

But it's not a cookbook.

There are a few recipes at th...more
Vivian
Three cheers for this book! Three cheers for bringing families back to the table! Three cheers for the challenge to TURN THE TV OFF during mealtime. (That goes for movies and books too).

The book is very readable and can be downed in a few hours, so-to-speak. Each page is broken up with columns, illustrations, sidebars, quick tips, "mom" tips, nutritional and statistical "fyi"'s, "notes to self", and bullets.

She shares her own personal journey from family meals to short-order-cook for each child...more
Michelle Thurlough
Michelle Thurlough marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2013
Jamaie
Jamaie marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2010
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2010
Dinner for Busy Moms: Easy Strategies for Getting Your Family to the Table The Real Guide: New York