Start by marking “The Accidental Highland Hero (The Highlanders, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Accidental Highland Hero (The Highlanders, #2)

The Accidental Highland Hero (The Highlanders #2)

Lady Eilis Dunbarton's life undergoes a drastic change with the death of her cousin, Agnes. Now she's faced with the disagreeable prospect of marrying the man who was to be her cousin's husband. Not by a change of contract, though. Instead, by deceit-pretending to be her cousin. But if her husband-to-be discovers she's not really Agnes, her life is forfeit. So what choice ...more
Published April 6th 2010 by Vintage Romance Publishing (first published March 31st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Accidental Highland Hero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Accidental Highland Hero

Carrie Olguin
Jan 30, 2013 Carrie Olguin rated it did not like it
DNF. I'm not certain why, but I just could not get into the characters or plot in this story.

The hero is less than typical and somewhat bland. Same for the heroine who has selective amnesia. Since her mistery and identity were provided in the first chapter, her not remembering was just frustrating. Perhaps if I didn't already know the answers, I would have found the mystery interesting. Maybe not.

The plot is actually a bunch of smaller plots, tangled together. I din't think I could create a one
Karen
Apr 01, 2011 Karen rated it it was amazing
"Braw Highlanders and Brave Lassies in this cleverly mastered tale!"

Lady Eilis' cousin, Agnes is supposed to marry Laird Dunbarton, but she dies before the marriage can take place. Eilis' uncle wants the alliance at all costs and has a diabolical plan to make it happen. He forces Eilis to pretend she is Agnes and demands she live the lie for the rest of her life. If Dunbarton finds out he's been duped, Eilis' life will be forfeited. Eilis sets sail, but a terrible storm breaks, sinking the ship
Virginia Campbell
Author Terry Spear's unique talents as a storyteller take the reader on a wonderfully romantic journey to twelfth century Britain in "The Accidental Highland Hero". Laird James MacNeill must make a suitably profitable marriage or forfeit the title to his land holdings to one of his younger brothers. Lady Eilis is being forced to impersonate her late cousin Agnes in order to marry Agnes' intended, keeping Eilis' family from losing the chance to settle a feud with a rival clan. Eilis' uncle sends ...more
Pamela
Feb 25, 2015 Pamela rated it it was amazing
I loved this fun and romantic tale. Who does not love to read about sexy highlanders? Terry Spear shares her writing ability with us, on another adventure, in the highlands. Eilis , who is a lovely and kind lass, and the daughter of the laird, before he died in battle, and was forced to live with her cruel uncle, along with her young brother. Her uncle had planned to marry his daughter off to another clan, who borders his land, to stop the fighting. He is a course man, who is older, and is hated ...more
Patricia
Aug 24, 2014 Patricia rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
A GIFT FROM THE SEA (BUT KNOCKED ABOUT A BIT)
I was impressed, again, by Terry Spear's elegant use of humor to create a story that demands to be read. This book has a lot of action, trickery, deceit, and even flat-out evil, for the most part flowing like a lovely little stream in Scotland's whiskey world.
The heroine, Eilis, is an orphan, but niece to the clan chief. Evil character number one. In order to prevent the neighbor from invading (Evil character number two), he has promised his daughter
Dani C. (Paulette's Papers)
I enjoyed this book even more than I did the first book. I am now totally sold on anything that author Terry Spears writes! This book was a homerun for me in many ways.

Let’s start with the plot. Fast moving, something always was going on. There was never a dull moment or a slow one at that. I found myself having a difficult time putting this book down. I hated what Eilis was forced to do but in the end I liked how this story worked out for her.

I just fell in love with Eilis and James as a coup
Aymee
Nov 12, 2010 Aymee rated it really liked it
I really wish I could give half stars because this one really deserves 4.5.

The Accidental Highland Hero was a fun and exciting story, full of excellent and amusing characters. Eilis' constant plotting had me both groaning and cheering her on. The author came highly reccommended to me and I'm glad I tried them out. I know you'll love Terry Spear as well!
Taz Will
Sep 09, 2016 Taz Will rated it liked it
With everything going on with Eilis I thought for sure she'd finally get away. I'm wondering just what will happen with the sons though, seems like they'll still have bad blood with James if Keary doesn't take over. Alright read all together though.
Nicole
Mar 16, 2011 Nicole rated it it was amazing
This was a fun, adventurous, emotional romance that I enjoyed a huge amount! I loved the characters and the plot Terry Spear created. I highly recommend it!
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
TS can write! It doesn't matter the genre, it is all descriptive and a full story from beginning to end. Add romance & it's all perfect! I couldn't get enough of her, so I had to get these too.
Rita C
May 06, 2016 Rita C rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this one better than the previous one. I still think there are too many situations that make the heroine into a damsel in distress. Some of them seem really manufactured.
Patricia
Patricia rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2015
Vera Martin-Warren
Vera Martin-Warren rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2014
Michele
Michele rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2014
Brian Sapp
Brian Sapp rated it did not like it
Nov 28, 2013
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2013
Brandi
Brandi rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2015
Cruth
Cruth rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2012
Leah
Leah rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2016
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2011
Brittany Lyn
Brittany Lyn rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2014
Stephanie Anderson
Stephanie Anderson rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2012
Annafaith
Annafaith rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2012
Kandace
Kandace rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2012
Maggie
Maggie rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2013
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2016
Sara
Sara rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2015
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2015
  • The Highlander's Conquest (Stolen Bride, #2)
  • True Highland Spirit (Highlander #3)
  • Until the Knight Comes (MacKenzie, #4)
  • My Shadow Warrior (MacDonell Brides, #3)
  • Unspoken (The MacLauchlans, #1)
  • The Devil of Jedburgh
  • Seduced by a Highlander (Children of the Mist, #2)
  • Seduced by the Highlander (Highlander, #3)
  • Highlander Betrayed (Guardians of the Targe, #1)
  • Sold to a Laird (The Tulloch Sgàthán Trilogy, #1)
  • The Highlander's Prize (The Sutherlands, #1)
  • The Warrior (Return of the Highlanders, #3)
  • Highland Warrior
  • Lyon's Gift (The Highland Brides, #2)
  • Netherworld
  • Wee William's Woman (Clan MacDougall, #3)
Love, love, love romance, the paranormal, hunky Highlanders with their delicious brogue and hot kilts, so Terry Spear writes about those hunky Highlanders both in medieval times and as wolves in contemporary times. Jaguar shifters too! And young adult urban fantasy. And romantic suspense.

She grew up reading mystery, adventure, mythologies from around the world, ghost stories, the paranormal, fell
More about Terry Spear...

The Highlanders (6 books)
  • Winning the Highlander's Heart (The Highlanders, #1)
  • Highland Rake (The Highlanders, #3)
  • Taming the Wild Highlander (The Highlanders, #4)
  • The Highlander (The Highlanders, #5)
  • Her Highland Hero (The Highlanders, #6)

“This spicy historical will steal your breath, and capture your heart.
-Susan Sigler, Love Romance Passion”
2 likes