Start by marking “The Accidental Highland Hero (The Highlanders, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Accidental Highland Hero (The Highlanders, #2)

The Accidental Highland Hero (The Highlanders #2)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  166 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Lady Eilis Dunbarton's life undergoes a drastic change with the death of her cousin, Agnes. Now she's faced with the disagreeable prospect of marrying the man who was to be her cousin's husband. Not by a change of contract, though. Instead, by deceit-pretending to be her cousin. But if her husband-to-be discovers she's not really Agnes, her life is forfeit. So what choice ...more
Published April 6th 2010 by Vintage Romance Publishing (first published March 31st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Accidental Highland Hero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Accidental Highland Hero

Carrie Olguin
DNF. I'm not certain why, but I just could not get into the characters or plot in this story.

The hero is less than typical and somewhat bland. Same for the heroine who has selective amnesia. Since her mistery and identity were provided in the first chapter, her not remembering was just frustrating. Perhaps if I didn't already know the answers, I would have found the mystery interesting. Maybe not.

The plot is actually a bunch of smaller plots, tangled together. I din't think I could create a one
Patricia
A GIFT FROM THE SEA (BUT KNOCKED ABOUT A BIT)
I was impressed, again, by Terry Spear's elegant use of humor to create a story that demands to be read. This book has a lot of action, trickery, deceit, and even flat-out evil, for the most part flowing like a lovely little stream in Scotland's whiskey world.
The heroine, Eilis, is an orphan, but niece to the clan chief. Evil character number one. In order to prevent the neighbor from invading (Evil character number two), he has promised his daughter
Virginia Campbell
Author Terry Spear's unique talents as a storyteller take the reader on a wonderfully romantic journey to twelfth century Britain in "The Accidental Highland Hero". Laird James MacNeill must make a suitably profitable marriage or forfeit the title to his land holdings to one of his younger brothers. Lady Eilis is being forced to impersonate her late cousin Agnes in order to marry Agnes' intended, keeping Eilis' family from losing the chance to settle a feud with a rival clan. Eilis' uncle sends ...more
Karen
"Braw Highlanders and Brave Lassies in this cleverly mastered tale!"

Lady Eilis' cousin, Agnes is supposed to marry Laird Dunbarton, but she dies before the marriage can take place. Eilis' uncle wants the alliance at all costs and has a diabolical plan to make it happen. He forces Eilis to pretend she is Agnes and demands she live the lie for the rest of her life. If Dunbarton finds out he's been duped, Eilis' life will be forfeited. Eilis sets sail, but a terrible storm breaks, sinking the ship
Dani C. (Paulette's Papers)
I enjoyed this book even more than I did the first book. I am now totally sold on anything that author Terry Spears writes! This book was a homerun for me in many ways.

Let’s start with the plot. Fast moving, something always was going on. There was never a dull moment or a slow one at that. I found myself having a difficult time putting this book down. I hated what Eilis was forced to do but in the end I liked how this story worked out for her.

I just fell in love with Eilis and James as a coup
Julie
My review for this book will be posted in the near future.
Aymee
I really wish I could give half stars because this one really deserves 4.5.

The Accidental Highland Hero was a fun and exciting story, full of excellent and amusing characters. Eilis' constant plotting had me both groaning and cheering her on. The author came highly reccommended to me and I'm glad I tried them out. I know you'll love Terry Spear as well!
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
TS can write! It doesn't matter the genre, it is all descriptive and a full story from beginning to end. Add romance & it's all perfect! I couldn't get enough of her, so I had to get these too.
Nicole
This was a fun, adventurous, emotional romance that I enjoyed a huge amount! I loved the characters and the plot Terry Spear created. I highly recommend it!
Beth
A nice romantic hot highlander read
Rizky Wati
Rizky Wati marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Nicole marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Prannu
Prannu marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Monika
Monika marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Cary
Cary marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
CJ Vaughn
CJ Vaughn marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Faith
Faith added it
Jan 12, 2015
Liz Bohrer
Liz Bohrer marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Shirley Connolly
Shirley Connolly marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Nicole marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Kim Wright
Kim Wright marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
  • True Highland Spirit (Highlander #3)
  • My Shadow Warrior (MacDonell Brides, #3)
  • Highland Hellcat (Highlander, #2)
  • The Highlander's Conquest (Stolen Bride, #2)
  • Maiden of Inverness (Border, #4)
  • The Devil of Kilmartin (Kilmartin Glen, #1)
  • Unspoken (The MacLauchlans, #1)
  • The Highlander (Graham-Lennox #1)
  • Angel of Skye (MacPherson Clan, #1)
  • Seduced by a Highlander (Children of the Mist, #2)
  • The Highlander's Bride (Highlander Duo, #2)
  • Laiden's Daughter (Clan MacDougall, #1)
  • The Devil of Jedburgh
  • Highland Solution
  • The Border Lord
  • The MacLean Groom (Highland Lairds Trilogy, #1)
  • Temptation in a Kilt (Bad Boys of the Highlands, #1)
  • Highland Obsession
Love, love, love romance, the paranormal, hunky Highlanders with their delicious brogue and hot kilts, so Terry Spear writes about those hunky Highlanders both in medieval times and as wolves in contemporary times. Jaguar shifters too! And young adult urban fantasy. And romantic suspense.

She grew up reading mystery, adventure, mythologies from around the world, ghost stories, the paranormal, fell
More about Terry Spear...

The Highlanders (6 books)
  • Winning the Highlander's Heart (The Highlanders, #1)
  • Highland Rake (The Highlanders, #3)
  • Taming the Wild Highlander (The Highlanders, #4)
  • The Highlander (The Highlanders, #5)
  • Her Highland Hero (The Highlanders, #6)
Heart of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #1) Destiny of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #2) Seduced by the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #5) To Tempt the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #3) Wolf Fever (Heart of the Wolf Series, # 6)

“This spicy historical will steal your breath, and capture your heart.
-Susan Sigler, Love Romance Passion”
1 likes