Start by marking “Handsome Bastard (Ancient Blood, #1)” as Want to Read:
Handsome Bastard (Ancient Blood, #1)

Handsome Bastard (Ancient Blood #1)

Handsome Bastard Kate Hill "Part of the Ancient Blood series." Cyprian Augustus, a blood-drinker of irresistible charm and deadly cunning, has eluded hunters from the purist group We Who Serve Humanity for centuries. Now he's pitted against their most dangerous warrior. Beautiful and heartless, Leotine has destroyed every blood-drinker she has been sent to kill. Cyprian an ...more
Published April 9th 2008 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about Handsome Bastard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Handsome Bastard

Netanella
Dec 18, 2010 Netanella rated it liked it
Shelves: vampires
So I'm reading this series out of order because I probably drank too much wine last night. Oh well, at least I understand the series title "Ancient Blood," since we finally get to the patriarch of the vampire clan, Cyprian Augustus. As his name implies, the story is set in ancient Rome, although whether it is Republican Rome or Imperial Rome is never answered. (I would think that Julius or Octavius would have had a problem with Cyprian's name, so perhaps it's late imperial Rome, and anyone could ...more
Lee Anne - OMG! It's TOOOOO Cold!
I was fortunate enough to pick this book up for free. It was worth FAR more than that! I like the writing style of Kate Hill and found the story to be intriguing.

I'm looking forward to reading more of this series. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Amanda
More like a 2.5. This was a fun diversion, and, while I enjoyed it, there was an edge of disbelief I couldn't quite shake. Without more explanation about the "blood-drinkers" and how they function (they're not quite like vampires), I could never quite fully appreciate the world. The sex was fun, though.

Handsome Bastard was a free Kindle book I downloaded on 8/23/2012 for the Why Buy the Cow? reading challenge.
Toni (U.A.C.)
Vampire love during the Roman Era. Leotin, trained by a vampire hunting organization, We Who Serve Humanity, is sent in to infiltrate the home of Cyprian, a known vampire, in order to seduce and kill him. Of course, once she gets to know him she's not sure she can't still do it.

I'm not exactly sure why, but I just never got attached to the characters. Soumething missing in the developement and background history.

Elaine
What an awesome FREE book! I had to wait at a doc's office this afternoon and chose to read this little gem.

It was very interesting from the beginning, grabbed my attention to the end.

Dear God, that Handsome Bastard, Cyprian, sounds dreamy, in a dangerous "sex on a stick" sort of way. The sex scenes and overall romance is spectacular.

Did I mention I got all of this excitement, for FREE? It was even well written and professionally edited!

And now I want to read the series.
Stephani
Dec 02, 2012 Stephani rated it really liked it
Was totally not what I was imagining. But I really did enjoy it, hot and spicey, yes! If and when I get time I would be interested in reading more from the Ancient Blood series. Loved the detail, characters, setting, and storyline. Easy to read, fun, great descriptive scenes...cough cough...lol. Not thrilled about the cover...Could have been better on that. Good recommending book!

Katherine O'Grady
This was a kindle freebie.

The cover suggested to me that this was a contemporary - I thought he was holding a baseball bat. Um, no. It is a historical set in ancient Roman times. And it features vampires and vampire hunters. The story was alright. The world-building is clunky. Ultimately an enjoyable read, but not interesting enough for me to buy the next book.
Jessica
Sep 07, 2012 Jessica rated it liked it
Shelves: tbr-piledown

Quite an enjoyable quick read. Set in Roman times which was a nice change and a interesting story.
Cat
Apr 04, 2015 Cat rated it liked it
Shelves: h
I liked Handsome Bastard and I would like to read more of Kate Hill's stuff, maybe even some more of the Ancient Blood series.
Terri Pray
Terri Pray rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2015
Dawn Nicole
Dawn Nicole rated it it was ok
Jan 24, 2015
K.B.L.
K.B.L. rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2012
Starlet
Starlet rated it liked it
Oct 12, 2012
Synthe
Synthe rated it did not like it
Aug 23, 2012
Sara Pinnell
Sara Pinnell rated it really liked it
Dec 24, 2013
Albarosa
Albarosa rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2012
C
C rated it it was ok
May 17, 2014
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was ok
Jun 07, 2015
Corinne
Corinne rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2012
monica
monica rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2014
Billy Hardy
Billy Hardy rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2015
Melissa Barker
Melissa Barker rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2012
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2013
Aysia James
Aysia James rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2015
Kassy
Kassy rated it it was ok
Dec 30, 2012
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2012
kimberly gregory
kimberly gregory rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2015
Cyndi
Cyndi rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2013
Angela Beau
Angela Beau rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2012
Alex
Alex rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Lionheart (StarQuest, #1)
  • In the Marshal's Arms
  • Desire's Sirocco (WindWorld, #1)
  • Seducer (Sensual Captivity, #1)
  • Roped
  • A Wanton's Thief
  • Subtle Magic (Subtle Lovers, #1)
  • Mating Season (Children of Nanook, #1)
  • Shelter from the Storm
  • Night's Captive (Dark Enforcers #1)
  • Bound by Night (Brides of Darkness #3)
  • The Virgin Proxy
  • Feisty Firefighters Bundle: Aftershock / The Firefighter's Baby / Facing the Fire
  • The Last Princess (Pack Seduction, #3)
  • A Gentlewoman's Ravishment (The Ladies' Sewing Circle, #2)
  • Pleasuring The Beast
  • Captain's Price
  • Talson's Wait (Talson Temptations, #1)
Always a fan of romance and the paranormal, Kate Hill started writing over twenty years ago for pleasure. Her first story, a short erotic vampire tale, was accepted for publication in 1996. Since then she has sold over one hundred short stories, novellas and novels.

When she's not working on her books, Kate enjoys reading, working out and spending time with her family and pets.

She enjoys hearing
More about Kate Hill...

Ancient Blood (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Darkness Therein (Ancient Blood, #2)
  • The Blood Doctor (Ancient Blood, #3)
  •  Immaculate (Ancient Blood, #4)
  • Infernal (Ancient Blood, #5)
  • God of the Grim (Ancient Blood, #6)
  • The Holiday Stalking (Ancient Blood, #7)
  • Deep Red (Ancient Blood, #8)
  • Cryptic Trysts (Ancient Blood, #9)
  • Much More than Blood (Ancient Blood, #10)
  • In Black (Ancient Blood, #11)