Start by marking “Handsome Bastard (Ancient Blood, #1)” as Want to Read:
Handsome Bastard (Ancient Blood, #1)

Handsome Bastard (Ancient Blood #1)

2.94 of 5 stars 2.94  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Handsome Bastard Kate Hill "Part of the Ancient Blood series." Cyprian Augustus, a blood-drinker of irresistible charm and deadly cunning, has eluded hunters from the purist group We Who Serve Humanity for centuries. Now he's pitted against their most dangerous warrior. Beautiful and heartless, Leotine has destroyed every blood-drinker she has been sent to kill. Cyprian an ...more
Published April 9th 2008 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about Handsome Bastard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Handsome Bastard

Netanella
So I'm reading this series out of order because I probably drank too much wine last night. Oh well, at least I understand the series title "Ancient Blood," since we finally get to the patriarch of the vampire clan, Cyprian Augustus. As his name implies, the story is set in ancient Rome, although whether it is Republican Rome or Imperial Rome is never answered. (I would think that Julius or Octavius would have had a problem with Cyprian's name, so perhaps it's late imperial Rome, and anyone could ...more
Lee Anne - OMG! Spring is Finally Here!
I was fortunate enough to pick this book up for free. It was worth FAR more than that! I like the writing style of Kate Hill and found the story to be intriguing.

I'm looking forward to reading more of this series. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Elaine
What an awesome FREE book! I had to wait at a doc's office this afternoon and chose to read this little gem.

It was very interesting from the beginning, grabbed my attention to the end.

Dear God, that Handsome Bastard, Cyprian, sounds dreamy, in a dangerous "sex on a stick" sort of way. The sex scenes and overall romance is spectacular.

Did I mention I got all of this excitement, for FREE? It was even well written and professionally edited!

And now I want to read the series.
Toni (U.A.C.)
Vampire love during the Roman Era. Leotin, trained by a vampire hunting organization, We Who Serve Humanity, is sent in to infiltrate the home of Cyprian, a known vampire, in order to seduce and kill him. Of course, once she gets to know him she's not sure she can't still do it.

I'm not exactly sure why, but I just never got attached to the characters. Soumething missing in the developement and background history.

Amanda
More like a 2.5. This was a fun diversion, and, while I enjoyed it, there was an edge of disbelief I couldn't quite shake. Without more explanation about the "blood-drinkers" and how they function (they're not quite like vampires), I could never quite fully appreciate the world. The sex was fun, though.

Handsome Bastard was a free Kindle book I downloaded on 8/23/2012 for the Why Buy the Cow? reading challenge.
Stephani
Was totally not what I was imagining. But I really did enjoy it, hot and spicey, yes! If and when I get time I would be interested in reading more from the Ancient Blood series. Loved the detail, characters, setting, and storyline. Easy to read, fun, great descriptive scenes...cough cough...lol. Not thrilled about the cover...Could have been better on that. Good recommending book!

Katherine O'Grady
This was a kindle freebie.

The cover suggested to me that this was a contemporary - I thought he was holding a baseball bat. Um, no. It is a historical set in ancient Roman times. And it features vampires and vampire hunters. The story was alright. The world-building is clunky. Ultimately an enjoyable read, but not interesting enough for me to buy the next book.
Jessica Cline

Quite an enjoyable quick read. Set in Roman times which was a nice change and a interesting story.
Beckey
Historical Paranormal Erotic Story
Enjoyable read..
Vesra (When She Reads)
Vesra (When She Reads) marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Kerry
Kerry marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Mesorain
Mesorain marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Tracy Hebert
Tracy Hebert marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
brianna
brianna marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Daniela
Daniela marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Heather Schwandner
Heather Schwandner marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Lura
Lura marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Davina Bell
Davina Bell marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
  • Lionheart (StarQuest, #1)
  • Seducer (Sensual Captivity, #1)
  • In the Marshal's Arms
  • A Dragon's Seduction (The Gatekeepers, #1)
  • Night's Captive (Dark Enforcers #1)
  • Desire's Sirocco (WindWorld, #1)
  • Roped
  • A Wanton's Thief
  • Believe In the Magic (Shifting Magic, #1)
  • Skye's Trail (The Angelini, #1)
  • Riot (Phantom Warriors #6)
  • WereSlave (Were Legends, #1)
  • Talson's Wait (Talson Temptations, #1)
  • The Virgin Proxy
  • Captain's Price
  • The Last Princess (Pack Seduction, #3)
  • Shelter from the Storm
  • Until The Dawn (Nemesis, #1)
Always a fan of romance and the paranormal, Kate Hill started writing over twenty years ago for pleasure. Her first story, a short erotic vampire tale, was accepted for publication in 1996. Since then she has sold over one hundred short stories, novellas and novels.

When she's not working on her books, Kate enjoys reading, working out and spending time with her family and pets.

She enjoys hearing
More about Kate Hill...
Dream Stallion (Horsemen, #1) Captive Stallion (Horsemen, #2) Doing Thyme (Alien Affairs, #1) Torn (Knights of the Ruby Order, #1) Highland Stallion (Horsemen, #3)