Start by marking “The Perfect Blend (Tea with Millicent)” as Want to Read:
The Perfect Blend (Tea with Millicent)

The Perfect Blend (Tea with Millicent)

3.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  187 Ratings  ·  52 Reviews
Steph Vandergrift is in need of a job. She left everything behind to elope with Middleburg attorney Rick Manfred, never imagining he would stand her up at the altar. Now, hoping just to get by until she can decide what to do next, Steph thinks she's found the perfect position at the local tea shop.
Published September 1st 2010 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Perfect Blend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Perfect Blend

Renee
Nov 04, 2010 Renee rated it it was amazing
Tea anyone? This is the perfect book to cozy up with under a warm blanket with a cup of chai tea! The Perfect Blend was my first experience reading a book by author Trish Perry and all I can say is what have I been missing?! This book is terrific in every way. The small town setting is incredible, the characters are awesome and the message is great!

From the very beginning I knew that reading this book was going to be a very interesting experience to say the least. A jilted bride, a quaint tea s
Carly
Nov 02, 2010 Carly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I first saw that The Perfect Blend was the first in the Teashop Series, I knew I had to read it. It doesn’t get much more appealing to me than to have a book that revolves around a cozy little tea shop in a cozy little town. Of course, the fact that it was written by Trish Perry doesn’t hurt either. I’ve always enjoyed her books, and The Perfect Blend is no exception.

The Perfect Blend is a quick read and an enjoyable romance. The small town of Middleburg welcomes Steph with open arms when s
Kara
Sep 04, 2013 Kara rated it it was amazing
Wow, this book had me laughing out loud throughout! The characters are so lively and realistic yet so charming! The main character, Steph, is so clumsy and after being dumped by her fiance is required to reflect on her next move. As clueless as she starts out, she is able to rely on her faith and new friends while she makes her way in life. There is also forgiveness as she humbles herself to her parents and finds the acceptance she needs from them. I also deeply admired her growth when she deter ...more
Ane Mulligan
Feb 16, 2014 Ane Mulligan rated it it was amazing
The Perfect Blend is the perfect read: it's fun, with a goodly dash of humor; it's romantic, with two handsome men vying for Steph; it's got some interesting twists, with an old girlfriend, parents who don't know when to let go, and a few other odd characters. And characters is where Trish Perry shows her artistry, she's a master at them and offers so much more than just romance in her books. Novel Journey and I give The Perfect Blend a perfect 5 stars. A delightful must read and a perfect Chris ...more
Angie
Feb 02, 2011 Angie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite
Today I completed the novel The Perfect Blend by Trish Perry. The story was a delight to read. A new author thanks to Barnes & Nobles in store free reading. Although I began the book as an in store read, I quickly purchased because it is a must read again. The story had numerous lessons of trust, acceptance, friendship, faith, and learning to set healthy boundaries.

Sometimes it is difficult for parents to let go of their children; however, as they mature and grow we must learn to allow them
Cindy
Sep 21, 2010 Cindy rated it really liked it
Steph Vandergrift is an only child, who is used to getting her way. Her parents have voiced their displeasure at her idea of marrying Rick Manfred, a young man she barely knows, and for once in her life, she defies them, and leaves Baltimore to head to lovely Middleburg Virginia to marry her dream man.

Left at the altar, however Steph finds herself sitting in tears wondering what in the world she has done, when along comes the sweetest lady she has ever met. Inviting Steph into her tea shop for a
Linda
Nov 08, 2010 Linda rated it it was amazing
Steph Vandergrift left her family, friends, and job in Baltimore to elope with Rick Manfred, a Middleburg attorney, against her controlling parent’s wishes. Problems for Steph begin when Rick ‘neglects’ to show up for the wedding. Alone and deserted in a strange city, a very distraught and weepy Steph is befriended by Milly, owner of Millicent’s Tea Shop, on the morning of her “planned’ wedding. Milly offers her a temporary job at her shop. At the Tea Shop the next day, Steph meets sisters Liz a ...more
Oct 06, 2010 Laura rated it it was amazing
Title: THE PERFECT BLEND
Author: Trish Perry
Publisher: Harvest House Books
September 2010
ISBN: 978-0-7369-3015-4
Genre: Inspirational/romance

Steph Vandergrift has burned all her bridges behind her. She abruptly left her job, her friends, her parents, her apartment and everything to elope with attorney Rick Manfred, a man her friends and parents didn’t approve of. Steph never imagined that Rick would stand her up.

Now, Steph is in an unfamiliar town, with no job and no home. Rick was kind enough to p
Ruth
Nov 06, 2010 Ruth rated it liked it
The Perfect Blend (The Tea Shop Series) is a sweet romance about a young woman who left her home, family and job to elope with a man with whom her parents disapproved. When she shows up at the appointed place and time, she finds that he did not. Now she is an hour and a half from home with no job, no friends and no husband. What is she to do? Well, she wanders into a tea shop and makes a friend of the owner and gets herself a temporary job there. The owner also introduces her to a handsome and n ...more
Tamara Tilley
Jan 23, 2016 Tamara Tilley rated it liked it
THE PERFECT BLEND by Trish Perry is not the typical genre I read. I would classify THE PERFECT BLEND as quirky, chick-lit. But to my surprise, I did enjoy it more than expected.

Steph Vandergrift has found herself in no-man’s land . . . literally. After giving up her job, home, friends, and parents for her fiancé, Rick Manfred, she is devastated to show up in Middleburg only to find out Rick is on “a sudden leave of absence”. Befriended by Milly, a tea shop owner, Steph sets out to prove to her p
Heather
Jan 01, 2016 Heather rated it really liked it
This was a great book. It was fun and sweet and a great mixture of romance and Christianity. Steph was a very likable character, who had a lot of things to learn about herself. The epiphany she has toward the end of the book is something we all can learn from, that God’s acceptance (as opposed to others’ acceptance) is all we really need. Kendall was really sweet and quite swoon-worthy, too. I loved his humor and his ability to take everything in stride. The plot moves along quickly. It’s not so ...more
Tammi
Jul 07, 2012 Tammi rated it really liked it
Steph Vandergrift leaves her home, job, friends and family in Baltimore and moves to Middleburg to elope with Rick Manfred. But when she arrives in Middleburg she discovers that Rick is nowhere to be found. All alone and in need of a friend, and a job, as well as a shoulder to cry on, she meets Milly, who offers all three.

Milly is the owner of Millicent’s Tea Shop. Milly takes her into the tea shop to talk over a cup of tea. As Steph begins to feel a bit better, she discovers that Milly’s assist
Lydia (Overweight Bookshelf)
Nov 05, 2010 Lydia (Overweight Bookshelf) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lydia by: FIRST
First reviewed here: http://overweight-bookshelf.blogspot....

This story is about rebuilding proverbial burnt bridges, except this time they will be reinforced with God's strength and support and will have personal boundaries to keep from pushing people over the edge. This story was full of laugh out loud moments that had me smothering my face in a pillow or slapping a hand over my eyes because I felt just as embarrassed as Steph. Five seconds later I was fanning my face with the same book to ke
Brenda
Nov 04, 2010 Brenda rated it it was amazing
When Steph decides to leave her friends and family behind in Maryland, to elope with Rick Manfred, she is devistated when she arrives at his law firm in Middleburg Va. to find him gone, on a temporary leave of absence.Stephs just been jilted and not sure what to do when Milly, the owner of a quaint little tea shop comes to her rescue, with a temporary job, Steph figures this might give her a slight repreive while she figures out her next move. She knows there is no way she can go back home to Ma ...more
Casey
Oct 08, 2010 Casey rated it really liked it
THE PERFECT BLEND, is really…the perfect blend! The perfect blend of romance with a sometimes clumsy, funny, endearing heroine and a hunky, suave hero that just takes my breath away. The perfect blend of humor and a story that delivers a message worth the weight of the scones from Miss Milly’s kitchen.

This book is full of quirky, lovable, laughable characters that will warm the heart of the reader. I don’t know if I would call this romantic comedy, because it is more than just light hearted mom
Sunflower
Nov 28, 2010 Sunflower rated it it was amazing
“The Perfect Blend” was an absolute delight reading and it stands out that it combines innocent humor, romance that is pure and doesn’t involve implying but rather, if I had this book laying out, I couldn’t worry if my daughter would read.

There is old fashion chivalry, and as I was reading, “The Perfect Blend” , I couldn’t help but think how it reminds me of the 40′s movies where there is no sensuality but rather sweet humor charm that perpetrated the old romances of back then.

Along with the cle
Holly (2 Kids and Tired)
Steph is symbolically left at the altar when her self-centered fiance doesn't show up to meet her when she arrives in town. Perfect shopkeeper Milly rescues Steph from humiliation gives her a sympathetic shoulder to cry on and a temporary job at the tea shop. Perfect innkeeper Kendall shows an interest and introduces Steph around town. She meets two nice sisters in need of a roommate and proceeds to get herself fired from every place she works outside of the tea shop.

Add a bit of drama, an addit
Theresa
Jul 11, 2013 Theresa rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Older Teens through Adult
Recommended to Theresa by: FIRST
"The Perfect Blend" is truly the perfect blend of humor, trials of life, faith and romance. It is just one of those books that you love to snuggle with and read on a quiet afternoon. Make sure to reserve a nice block of time, because you won't want to put it down once you get started!

I really enjoyed the whole storyline of a young woman looking to find herself after she was stood up "at the alter". I found her journey and faith, as well as her self-doubt, made her an interesting although somewha
Emilyn
Aug 07, 2011 Emilyn rated it liked it
Steph Vandergrift is floundering. She burned some bridges in Baltimore when she quit her job and left her friends and family to move to Middleburg and elope with Rick Manfred, the young attorney who stood her up at the altar. Now she needs to find a job and a place to live until she can get herself back on her feet. When Milly, the kind woman who owns Millicent's Tea Shop offers her a short-term position, it's the answer to her prayers.

Kendall James, a handsome Middleburg business owner, meets a
Diana
Mar 01, 2011 Diana rated it really liked it
Trish Perry's The Perfect Blend is a quick, fun and enjoyable read.
Step Vandergrift is the product of helicopter parents and has no idea how to make good decisions about her life.

Risking everything to prove her independence she agrees to marry, Rick Manfred. Only Rick doesn't show up for the wedding.

Now Steph has burned all her bridges with her family and friends back home. She's stranded in a town where she hasn't a job, a home or a friend.

Then Milly, the tea shop owner helps her out for a few
Cassandra
Nov 19, 2012 Cassandra rated it it was ok
The Perfect Blend was a random library selection; the book spine caught my eye as I was walking down the aisle. When I picked it up, I was excited to see it featured a tea house. Then I discovered it was Christian fiction so I decided to give it a try.

I wanted to like the book. I really did. But I found it incredibly frustrating that the main character is jilted by her fiancé and then has the hots for a new guy that very day. If Steph was questioning her decision to impulsively elope and was re
Diane  Holm
Apr 13, 2011 Diane Holm rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Murphy's Law... It applies to all

Sometimes we just have "those days" when nothing turns out right. If you have been there, done that, you will enjoy The Perfect Blend. Romance fills the air, smiles ever present, with happiness just around the corner... or is it?

The characters are fun, troublesome, and annoying, with a variety of personalities to spice up the confusion. The details are clear and the story unfolds like a movie in the mind.

If you have ever given up, felt defeated, or had a bad day
Kent District Library
Aug 10, 2015 Kent District Library is currently reading it
Join us for coffee and an informal discussion based around "The Perfect Blend by Trish Perry" For adults. Book Discussion will take place at Kent District Library's Nelson Township/Sand Lake Branch on September 9th, 2015 from 1:30-2:30 pm.
Audrey
Jun 14, 2015 Audrey rated it liked it
Cute! A tea-themed Christian romance, nice to replace TV on a summer evening. This series was less about the thrills of the relationship and more about the tea shop and the protagonist's inner thoughts.
Jenny
Feb 14, 2015 Jenny rated it it was amazing
This is a charming Christian story! I liked this one about Steph and Kendall.
Lisa
Mar 30, 2015 Lisa rated it it was amazing
fun easy read...a LOL book
Heidi
Jan 08, 2011 Heidi rated it liked it
I read this to preview it as a possibility to give to my mom as a gift, and found kind of a sweet nostalgic story. I did pass it on to my mom, but just the library version - I'm not actually going to spend money on it. It reminded me of reading those corny Janette Oke books when I was in Jr. High. Not much substance, but a really quick way to pass some time during Christmas break. I'm not going to search anything else out by this author, but it wasn't a total waste of time.
Natalie
Nov 15, 2010 Natalie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-wildcard
This poor girl, Stephanie, leaves everything she knows to run off to get married but the unthinkable happens. He leaves her at the alter! Actually, she goes to see him at his office and his secretary tells her he had a sudden leave of absence! Now she's left by herself, hundreds of miles away from home with no job and no friends but she does meet a wonderful lady, Millie at the tea shop and things change. A fun read, highly recommend!
Tour Date : November 5th
Dawn Golec Summers
Aug 28, 2011 Dawn Golec Summers rated it it was amazing
Very easy read! I loved it for its simplicity, faith-based, small town story. I read it in one night. I just couldn't put it down because it was like a movie I couldn't stop watching. Fun, fresh, and faith! I love the fact that the characters turn to God in there time of need and to Praise Him as well...without it being over bearing. Recommend to anyone who likes Christian authors! And I love the fact that there is a small study at the end of the book.
Karen
Aug 11, 2013 Karen rated it liked it
Charming book taking place in a tea shop and a hotel. It's a quick summer read with a happy ending. This does have one of my pet peeves-a whiny wimpy woman (www). Usually men write about wwws so I was really hoping this one would grow up a bit sooner than later. This character was the only thing keeping me from giving The Perfect Blend a 4 star :D Otherwise, it's a good novella about growing up and keeping one's faith in a mindful way.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Ransome's Crossing (The Ransome Trilogy, #2)
  • The Spoils of Eden (The Dawn of Hawaii #1)
  • No Safe Haven
  • Winter Is Past (Regency #2)
  • Crimson Cipher
  • Once in a Blue Moon
  • Redeeming the Rogue (Chambers Trilogy, #3)
  • Healing Love (Amish Of Webster County #1)
  • A Billion Reasons Why
  • Shadowed in Silk (Twilight of the British Raj, #1)
  • A Love for Tomorrow (Second Chance At Love #3)
  • Dining with Joy (Lowcountry Romance, #3)
  • Fear No Evil
  • Again
  • The Black Madonna
  • Just Between You and Me: A Novel of Losing Fear and Finding God
  • Angel's Den
  • A Hope for Hannah (Hannah's Heart, #2)

Tea with Millicent (2 books)
  • Tea for Two (Tea with Millicent)