Start by marking “Some of It Was Fun” as Want to Read:
Some of It Was Fun

Some of It Was Fun

This book discusses how people come to perceive themselves, the impact of past trauma and attachments on selfhood and self-concept, and how self-perception can impact the most intimate relationships. Written by an internationally acclaimed psychiatrist and analyst.
Published October 17th 2008 by Norton, W. W. & Company, Inc. (first published October 6th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Some of It Was Fun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Some of It Was Fun

JRB
Jan 06, 2009 JRB rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: memoir, rfk
Before reading: Katzenbach was one of the few aides who allowed himself to be a bridge between Robert Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson, and he must have taken a beating for it. I love the humor in the book's title and cover and look forward to reading it.

After reading: If NdeBK wrote this book recently, it's amazing -- he must be as sharp as a tack. Here are behind the scenes discussions in the making of a few pivotal events in the 1960s described with great detail. While Katzenbach talks about his in
Kennedy
I really enjoyed this. I am familiar with Katzenbach from the Eyes on the Prize civil rights series. When he died earlier this year, I picked up his book. Katzenbach was in the middle of so much of the history of the 1960s. I liked reading his recollections of integrating Ole Miss and the University of Alabama, of working on the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the voting Rights Act, of his State Dept. trip to Africa and his role in the Vietnam War. Fascinating.

If you are interested in JFK or LBJ or i
CLM
Sep 21, 2008 CLM rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
My father also worked for RFK, albeit more removed than Katzenbach, specifically on Mississippi voter registration, and I am told that my first sentence was, "Daddy go bye bye plane." I was too young to realize, as my mother certainly did, how dangerous his work was. Some of his colleagues in the Justice Department were even authorized to carry guns.
Andy Miller
Jun 25, 2009 Andy Miller rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book, liked the honest balance in his appraisal of his relationships with JFK, LBJ and RFK. When he was AG his office had sign that said "Our office wins win justice is done" Isn't that true for all prosecutors?
Scott
Nov 19, 2008 Scott rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A modestly written and thoroughly insightful book by one of the heroes of the Kennedy and Johnson administrations. Anyone interested in civil rights, public service, or the role of excellent lawyers working for the public good should read this book.
Jeff
May 03, 2013 Jeff rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting history. Very idealistic.
Wolcott
Jul 31, 2010 Wolcott rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my grandfather's book so I have to give it 5 stars but I did enjoy reading it!
Jo
Nov 20, 2016 Jo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this. How politics should be.
Mackay
Mackay rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2008
Jamie
Jamie rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2010
Dean Owen
Dean Owen rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2013
Daniel
Daniel rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2013
Bee Price
Bee Price rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2015
David Knopf
David Knopf rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2015
Exapno Mapcase
Exapno Mapcase rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2015
Aaron
Aaron rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2014
Penelope Mercier
Penelope Mercier rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2013
Stefan Hedmark
Stefan Hedmark rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2013
Sami
Sami rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2016
Tim Weiner
Tim Weiner rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2015
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2009
Sally Monaghan
Sally Monaghan rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2010
Kirk
Kirk rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2012
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2013
Denise
Denise rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2011
Mohsin Mirza
Mohsin Mirza rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2016
Susan  Klopfer
Susan Klopfer rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2015
Carlos Pérez de tudela
Carlos Pérez de tudela rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2014
Jon Rogers
Jon Rogers rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2015
Nora Bromley
Nora Bromley rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2014