Start by marking “Some of It Was Fun” as Want to Read:
Some of It Was Fun

Some of It Was Fun

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  7 reviews
This book discusses how people come to perceive themselves, the impact of past trauma and attachments on selfhood and self-concept, and how self-perception can impact the most intimate relationships. Written by an internationally acclaimed psychiatrist and analyst.
Published October 17th 2008 by Norton, W. W. & Company, Inc. (first published October 6th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Some of It Was Fun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Some of It Was Fun

Before reading: Katzenbach was one of the few aides who allowed himself to be a bridge between Robert Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson, and he must have taken a beating for it. I love the humor in the book's title and cover and look forward to reading it.

After reading: If NdeBK wrote this book recently, it's amazing -- he must be as sharp as a tack. Here are behind the scenes discussions in the making of a few pivotal events in the 1960s described with great detail. While Katzenbach talks about his in
I really enjoyed this. I am familiar with Katzenbach from the Eyes on the Prize civil rights series. When he died earlier this year, I picked up his book. Katzenbach was in the middle of so much of the history of the 1960s. I liked reading his recollections of integrating Ole Miss and the University of Alabama, of working on the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the voting Rights Act, of his State Dept. trip to Africa and his role in the Vietnam War. Fascinating.

If you are interested in JFK or LBJ or i
My father also worked for RFK, albeit more removed than Katzenbach, specifically on Mississippi voter registration, and I am told that my first sentence was, "Daddy go bye bye plane." I was too young to realize, as my mother certainly did, how dangerous his work was. Some of his colleagues in the Justice Department were even authorized to carry guns.
A modestly written and thoroughly insightful book by one of the heroes of the Kennedy and Johnson administrations. Anyone interested in civil rights, public service, or the role of excellent lawyers working for the public good should read this book.
Andy Miller
Great book, liked the honest balance in his appraisal of his relationships with JFK, LBJ and RFK. When he was AG his office had sign that said "Our office wins win justice is done" Isn't that true for all prosecutors?
This is my grandfather's book so I have to give it 5 stars but I did enjoy reading it!
Interesting history. Very idealistic.
Rich marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Nina marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Leeanne marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Aaron added it
Dec 29, 2014
Laura Ortega
Laura Ortega marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Ted R
Ted R marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Carl added it
Nov 16, 2014
Allison Rhines
Allison Rhines marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Belen Zabala
Belen Zabala marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Eric Jr.
Eric Jr. marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
Chris marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Nicholas Swett
Nicholas Swett marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014