Deadly Deals (Sisterhood, #16)

Deadly Deals (Sisterhood #16)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  1,185 ratings  ·  64 reviews
The Sisterhood Makes Things RightAfter years of trying to become pregnant without success, Rachel Dawson and her husband Thomas felt their dreams had finally come true the day they brought home their newly adopted twin babies. Though the lawyer Baron Bell who arranged for the surrogate mother charged a hefty six-figure fee, one glance into the eyes of their precious childr...more
Published April 1st 2010 by Zebra Books (first published December 1st 2009)

Kathy Davie
Sixteenth in the Sisterhood vengeance-suspense series about a group of women who bring justice to those the law leaves behind.

My Take
Again. I like Michaels' premise. I hate her execution. It's a train wreck ya just can't resist watching and this installment is no exception. It's almost embarrassing to read some of the exchanges the characters have with each other. It's kind of like they're on speed and they've condensed their thought processes into short choppy sentences that just don't connec...more
Carol  MacInnis
Annother Fern Michaels winner!

Lizzie Fox, high-powered attorney is ready to do what she can (with the help of the vigilantes) to help Rachel and Thomas Dawson. The Dawson's have been trying in vain to get pregnant, and finally decided on adoption. With the help of lawyer, Baron Bell and a large six-figure fee, he has found a set of twins for the Dawsons. The money is no object when they look into their children's newborn eyes. But now the Birth Mother has come into the picture and demands from t...more
Pam McCauley
She's just the best! I enjoyed the fact that she didn't go back and explain things from previous books in this series. Newbies might not understand, for example, the significance of the "red bag" or who Barbara was and why she, "appeared" to Myra, etc. not having read about it in the past....but I loved not wasting my time with suff I already knew! You need to read this series in order.
Linda
The books in this series have sure varied for me in terms of number of stars. I liked this one best of all because it was more of a fun, entertaining read without so many stomach turning scenes of torture. Still very light and with an incredible, silly plot but a quick, cozy, rainy day read.
Amy
couldnt read it fast enough. this book was just as good as all the others. her books always seem to get better with each one she writes.
Terrie
You gotta love a group of Vigilante Women who exact revenge on a couple of attorney's operating a kidnapping scheme. Great light read!
Rachael C.
Hands down one of the worst books I've ever read. I can't believe how bad this book was. Okay, so halfway through the book I realized that the reason I had absolutely no idea what was going on was because this book is one of a series. Still - I am a firm believer that writers should write every book, including subsequent ones in a series, for a new reader. Ms. Michaels obviously didn't want to do this. So now new readers like me have to deal with the main storyline being buried in a confused mes...more
Lisa
This is a book in the Sisterhood series, which I did not realize when I started it. I really think you need to read the others first, for the background info. Without having done so, there was quite a bit that I had no reference for and didn't seem to mean much. Really couldn't get invested in the storyline or characters, but I don't see that as completely the fault of the author, more my own for not having read the others in the series first. That said, I'm not sure if I will, I'm not sure I re...more
Jinky
Jumping into the sixteenth installment of this series without reading the first fifteen showed to be a big mistake. Perhaps with more background this book might have been a better feel. However, as a stand alone ... well, I didn't care for it.

The story ... a couple having fertility problems gets a surrogate, gets twins, surrogate wants babies back, lawyer turns out to be a crook, so what now? Well, the 'Sisterhood' to the rescue of course ... and that's pretty much where it went wrong. The vigi...more
Linda
This is a series and this is way down the line but I was able to get the gist of what was going on. I liked the story line but I didn't like the bad language that burst out once in a while.
Jenness
I didn't realize I was listening to a book late in a series. Consequently I had not idea who all of these characters were and how they were connected. The premise of the novel, ad adoption gone bad, got lost in all of the flurry of so many characters and what they could do. Everything that happened was so far fetched as to be totally unbelievable. I was very disappointed as I have read other Fern Michaels books and thoroughly enjoyed them. The narrator left a lot to be disired as well. Her attem...more
Toni Wulfekuhl
Charles is back .. Yea .. Not sure when,I must have missed a book. This series is REALLY hard to keep track of. First books when they did the Original Characters quests we're fantastic. Series seems to have lost something when they split it up and was almost disappointed in the ones without Charles. He was the backbone/"Connection" for the ops, when they could do all the Intelligence work without him, it diminished his character. Still good books just not as good as they used to was.

Baby Selling...more
Kristen
This is another good quick read in the Sisterhood series, the sixteenth of them and the second one I've read. It even has a hint of romance and drama, when they get revenge of a corrupt lawyer and his scheme to steal babies from adoptive parents. Deadly Deals takes place around winter time and good for a fun and an enjoyable read, just in time for the holidays. Enjoy!
Marnie
Another quest goes on for the vigilantes. This was a better one again. Involves 2 lawyers profiting off of surrogate mothers. After adoption takes place, the babies are then supposedly returned to the surrogate, only to be shipped off to new adopted parents for more money. What's so sad, is that this junk really happens in real life! Good topic, good book, goodread!
Nikki
Dec 14, 2009 Nikki rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: not sure
The Sisterhood series continues. I think I enjoyed this one a little bit more than the others as it had a Christmas theme. I also feel like there are little hints that the series just might be wrapping up in the next book or two - unless it's just wishful thinking on my part. I can't believe this is the 16th book in the series.
Jeri
okay, this book was terrible. i've read a lot of her past books in this series, but still got lost in all of the references...i felt like i was attending a party with mean people that were telling jokes that i didn't get...i wouldn't recommend this to anyone, and i doubt that i will pick up another fern michaels book again.
Pat Baratta
Another in The Sisterhood series, this time exposing a crooked baby brokering ring. I always enjoy these book even though they are a bit "sugar & spice", and at time a little over the top like talking to a dead daughter or a Christmas Tree angel coming alive. :)
Bobbie
I love this series with the Sisterhood vigilantes. It gives me
a sense of "we can make things better" in our lives and our world.
We all need the hope that our futures will be happier when we strive
for honesty and integrity in our leaders as well as ourselves.
Kathy
Another good Sisterhood book continuing her series. I have to laugh reading other's reviews. It's defintely not a good idea to pick up one of these books without reading them all ~ you will lose too much with all her references from other books.
Bill
Since this is the first one of the "Sisterhood" books (this being Sisterhood # 16) that I've read - maybe I was just lost. I just thought it was an odd storyline and didn't care for it. If I had started with #1, I may have had a different response.
Sandy
The Sisterhood vigilantes series has been fun (this is #16) and if you are looking for a quick read this is it. I am now at the stage where I can almost skip half the book and get to the fun part because most of them are the same. It works for me.
Wendy ~M/M Junkie~
This was a good addition to the Sisterhood series. I really enjoy reading about the sisters and their adventures. The characters are amazing and they always come through. I highly recommend this series. Finally revenge is just!
Allen
Book #16 of "The Sisterhood" series, deals illegal baby adoptions. The heavy snows in this book tied right in with the heavy snows outside my window.
Donna
Laural Merlington reads this series and is excellent. The Sisterhood story lines are about equalizing injustice for women. They are creative and funny in a gape-mouthed way with characters you grow to love.
Elizabeth
This book was fun -completely crazy and unbelievable, but fun! Just when I thought the series was old and tired, The author came up with a cute story line! Guess I'll keep reading to the end of the series.
Darlene Ferland
Christmas, a wedding and baby sellers. . . what have you got? Another book in Fern Michaels Sisterhood series. You would think that the storylines would become boring but Ms. Michaels
has another hit. . .
Jeanette
Another good one! The storyline deals with crooked attorneys, naive` and greedy surrogates and the havock they create with the babies and adoptive parents. One of the Sisters gets married at the end.
Patricia Solla
The sisterhood is at it's best when they take on a cause that touches their hearts. And we even get a wedding in the story. There's plenty of action and some interesting things happen.
Doris
This is NOT a series you want to pick up in the middle.

Great theme, but I was disappointed with the "supernatural" touch.

Donna Mcnab
Again this book is a fun read about the vigilantes, who done't get mad, just get even. This book was the usual romp about the sisterhood!
  • Flirting With Disaster (The Charleston Trilogy, #2)
  • Closely Akin to Murder (Claire Malloy, #11)
  • Heart of Texas, Volume 3: Nell's Cowboy & Lone Star Baby (Heart of Texas #5-6)
  • Web of Evil (Ali Reynolds, #2)
  • The Price (Bitter Creek, #4)
  • Where Shadows Go (Georgia Trilogy, #2)
  • Seeking God: The Way of St. Benedict  Second Edition
  • Snagged (Regan Reilly Mystery, #2)
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels® is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I...more
More about Fern Michaels...
Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1) Payback (Sisterhood, #2) Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3) The Jury (Sisterhood, #4) Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)