Start by marking “Robin Hood: The Story Behind the Legend” as Want to Read:
Robin Hood: The Story Behind the Legend

Robin Hood: The Story Behind the Legend

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  119 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Oscar® winner Russell Crowe stars as the legendary figure known by generations as Robin Hood, whose exploits have endured through out popular mythology. In 13th century England, Robin and his band of marauders lead an uprising against the crown that will forever alter the balance of world
power. And whether thief or hero, one man from humble beginnings will become an eterna...more
Published April 27th 2010 by Tor Books (first published April 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Robin Hood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Robin Hood

Star Wars Episode VI by James KahnStar Trek II by Vonda N. McIntyreStar Wars, Episode IV by George LucasStar Wars, Episode V by Donald F. GlutE.T. the Extra-Terrestrial in His Adventure on Earth by William Kotzwinkle
Novelizations
23rd out of 146 books — 27 voters
Star Wars, Episode V by Donald F. GlutStar Trek I by Gene RoddenberryMan of Steel by Greg CoxStar Wars, Episode II by R.A. SalvatoreEmissary by J.M. Dillard
Best Novelizations
86th out of 124 books — 13 voters

More lists with this book...

Indah Threez Lestari
Aku punya aturan tak tertulis terkait novel-novel movie tie-in:
1. Jika filmnya diangkat dari novel, lebih baik membaca novelnya lebih dahulu sebelum menonton filmnya karena biasanya novelnya lebih baik dari filmnya.
2. Jika novelnya disusun berdasarkan naskah filmnya, lebih baik menonton filmnya lebih dulu sebelum membaca novelnya, karena biasanya filmnya lebih mengasyikkan dari novel/naskahnya, terutama bila banyak dialog improvisasi model film Iron Man.

Sekarang aku melanggar aturan itu, dan......more
Mike (the Paladin)
Well, I have to admit that "cover picture" aside I wasn't really aware this was a novelization of the Russell Crowe movie...

Okay so i was a little slow on the up take. Maybe I'm getting old.

Why am I sitting at this keyboard again....?
Oh, yeah, okay i remember.

Anyway as noted this is the novelization of said movie. So if you liked the movie (which I did/do) you'll probably like the book.

It takes some liberties with history (though has the general historic frame work right and pretty accurately...more
Noe Sanchez
Robin Hood: The Story Behind the Legend is an excellent book telling the adventure of Robin Longstride with side conflicts that lead to the main conflict.Its well written and detailed, has romance any person who likes these traits in a book should read it.The book lets you in on what Robin is thinking and feeling,you can also understand robin for who he is through his actions a hero,thief or legend . The book takes place in England some time around 13th century during a civil war. One of the imp...more
Jeremy Preacher
This requires a little explanation, doesn't it? I don't usually read the novelizations of terrible movies. And, although I haven't seen it, I can say with confidence that this was a terrible movie.

When I was a kid, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves came out, and I desperately wanted to see it. My mom disapproved, because she thought it was too violent. (She was probably right, but I don't really remember the timeline all that well.) So I picked up the novelization instead.

I LOVED that book. It was f...more
Lanie Sanders
As a fan of almost anything to with Robin Hood, i jumped up and down and freaked out when i saw a used copy of this in my local used book store. i love robin, his stories and all that he stands for but this was a mockery of him, and of the literary sub-genre. Honestly, i couldn't make it past the first few chapters, even though i enjoyed the movie. the main problem he was the writing style. it was painful! it was choppy, elementary, and just plain annoying! I happen to be very picky about what i...more
Sheila DeChantal
So seriously... doesn't that sound a lot like Robin Hood? That's 'cause it is! I kid - but really this audio was all action, all testosterone, strong men who fight for their women...

ahhh... I admit it - I do like the era... I like men who act like men (packing a bow and arrow doesnt hurt either...) and women who wear the long beautiful dresses but are still tough....

whats not to love?

I have seen the movie Men In Tights (no, I am not proud but there it is...) and probably a cartoon or two in the...more
Amanda
Good read with a little bit of back story that you don't necessarily get from the movie. I did like that you get to find out more about the main character's history that wasn't clear from the movie.

Great book based on the movie.
Linda
Great fun to listen to.
Sio
Good book that kept me hooked through the whole thing. I did start reading it before seeing the movie, and finished it after, and it stands well on its own.
Dave
I listened to this book as a traveled to work. It is an adaptation of the movie but entertaining. I would recommend for anyone who has not seen the film.
Dawn
The storyline was good, but the storytelling wasn't very exciting. I'm almost wondering if the movie came first and then the author retold the movie.
Shalon
Very good version of Robin Hood. Book was better than the movie. Liked the unpredictability of an old story.
Glees20
A really good book, best historical fiction book I've read. Builds lots of suspense.
Annette
Fun - had to read it... days of yore... etc. etc. Nothing like a good-hearted hero!
Mikael
May 21, 2010 Mikael rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
wow! oh my heck, i'm so excited to see the movie. this is soooooo great!
Erin
Aug 22, 2013 Erin rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: okay
okay... good story, bad telling. Dont write books about movies.
Frank
It was good for a quick read. Nothing too spectacular....but not bad.
Jordan
Flowed easily, great story to it, an amazing beginning to a legend.
Coushatta
I very much enjoyed it. Would like to see the movie now :)
Brian
Novelization of the recent movie. I'd recommend either.
Marcy N
Definately not the typical "Robin Hood"
Mrs. Sofia
Mrs. Sofia is currently reading it
Oct 15, 2014
Arianna
Arianna marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Olive
Olive marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Ashley Keyser
Ashley Keyser is currently reading it
Oct 01, 2014
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
David B. Coe is an author of fantasy novels and short stories. He lives with his wife, Nancy Berner, and their two daughters on the Cumberland Plateau in Tennessee.
He has begun writing a new historical fantasy series under the pen name D.B. Jackson. The first one is titled Thieftaker, published in 2012.
More about David B. Coe...
Rules of Ascension (Winds of the Forelands, #1) Children of Amarid (Lon Tobyn Chronicle #1) Seeds of Betrayal (Winds of the Forelands, #2) Bonds of Vengeance (Winds of the Forelands, #3) The Outlanders (Lon Tobyn Chronicle, #2)