Start by marking “Three Little Mermaids” as Want to Read:
Three Little Mermaids

Three Little Mermaids

Have a tea party undersea and practice counting with Three Little Mermaids, a sparkling interactive novelty concept book by bestselling creator Mara Van Fleet!

In Mara Van Fleet’s shimmering interactive novelty concept book, count from one to ten while you visit the bottom of the deep blue sea and meet sparkly fish, soft seals, dancing turtles, and a friendly octopus. With
Novelty Book, 16 pages
Published January 25th 2011 by Simon & Schuster/Paula Wiseman Books

To ask other readers questions about Three Little Mermaids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Little Mermaids

Lacey
Feb 14, 2016 Lacey rated it really liked it
Very cute little counting story staring three friendly mermaids. Wish that people would take care of library books better. All of the moveable items were ripped out. Shame on people who let their kids treat books so poorly. I definitely don't allow my daughter do this no matter the age! And she's two and treats books better. Yes some are ripped but they are coloring books not her other books!
Lisa (A Life Bound By Books)
For more info and reviews please visit my Book Review Blog here - A Life Bound By Books

Three Little Mermaids by Mara Van Fleet has been a huge hit with my nieces, ages 1 and 5 since they first got their hands on it. The 1 year old loves the colors and the actions in this extremely cute pop-up book. The 5 year old likes to sit with her sister and show her everything to touch and feel within the story of Three Mermaids inviting their undersea friends to tea.

Counting along with the actions and r
Erica Karp
Jun 26, 2014 Erica Karp rated it liked it
Shelves: math, literacy
This is a hands-on book that uses alliterations to teach counting from one to ten. Three mermaids are having a party and different sea creatures are invited. Each grouping does something at the party and there is a texture associated with each number rhyme. For instance there was a sticky fish and bumpy fishes. It is a simplistic book and could be useful for engaging students in trying to count each of the things on each page. The different textures can help draw the students into using their ...more
Barbara
May 31, 2011 Barbara rated it liked it
Shelves: ncbla
In this concept book, three little mermaids host a tea party and invite their water-dwelling friends to come along. Young readers will love seeing the sticky treats brought by the octopus as well as the eight sea horses that are playing hiding seek. Side tabs allow readers to make a mermaid's tale wiggle and move a turtle's shell. The final page directs readers to lift the shell to see how many friends came to the party. The concept of counting might need some adult direction since there is so ...more
crashqueen73
Dec 31, 2015 crashqueen73 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-school
I bought this book a while ago for the younger children I was teaching at the time mainly because it had mermaids in it and I had a few children that were interested in this topic.

The book is well presented. It is a touchy- feely, pop up book in hardcover with great colours and sparkles. If I was basing my review purely on the look of this book it would be a five star, but I am not.

The rhyming story line was a bit of a let down for me. The prose feel clunky and awkward in places and as a read al
Claire Kirchgessner
Three Little Mermaids, by Mara Van Fleet, is an excellent fantasy book for children of the nursery through primary age range. In the book, three little mermaids have a tea party in the ocean. They invite all their friends. The book is a good resource for teaching counting to younger children. As the mermaids are having their tea party, they invite many of their other sea creature friends, from one friendly octopus, six dancing sea turtles, even three seals who sing to the mermaids.
Megan
Very cute. But then again, the story had me asking the difficult questions, like how can one serve a cup of tea in the bottom of the ocean? And how can a lollipop be sticky at the bottom of the ocean... wouldn't the salty ocean water dissolve it?
Sara
Mar 26, 2012 Sara rated it liked it
Shelves: natalies-books
My daughter really liked the variety of things to do - pull tabs, push tabs, shiny, texture, lift-the-flap.
Stefanie Arthur
Stefanie Arthur rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2014
Kitty
Kitty rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2015
Monica
Monica rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2014
Elizabeth Fye
Elizabeth Fye rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2015
T. Damon
T. Damon rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2016
Ava
Ava rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2016
Marianne
Marianne rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2016
Robin
Robin rated it liked it
May 15, 2014
Elaine
Elaine rated it liked it
Jun 25, 2015
Candice Zinnick
Candice Zinnick rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2013
Chevy Stevens
Chevy Stevens rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2016
Jenna
Jenna rated it it was ok
Mar 28, 2011
Donalyn
Donalyn rated it it was ok
Jul 30, 2011
Sarah Johnson
Sarah Johnson rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2012
Jennifer Berger
Jennifer Berger rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2015
Carina
Carina rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2015
Jocelin
Jocelin rated it it was ok
Apr 29, 2013
Weiwenjing
Weiwenjing rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2016
Sarah rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2011
Cordellya Smith
Cordellya Smith rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2014
Elke Erickson
Elke Erickson rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2015
Katie Casey
Sep 24, 2014 Katie Casey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-to-kids
Fun interactive book with textured pages, a sticky lollipop, and pages that move!