Start by marking “Chew, Vol. 2: International Flavor” as Want to Read:
Chew, Vol. 2: International Flavor

Chew, Vol. 2: International Flavor (Chew #6-10)

4.12  ·  Rating Details ·  12,865 Ratings  ·  552 Reviews
Tony Chu, the cibopathic federal agent with the ability to get psychic impressions from the things he eats, is on a bizarre new case. A newly discovered fruit takes Agent Chu to a remote island full of secrets, Presenting the second storyline of IGN.com's pick for Best Indie Series of 2009 and MTV Splash Page.com's pick for Best New Series of 2009. Find out what the fuss i ...more
Published June 22nd 2010 by Image Comics (first published April 14th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Chew, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chew, Vol. 2

karen
Dec 28, 2015 karen rated it really liked it
i burned through all ten published volumes of this series in a matter of months, and while i managed a fairly coherent review of the first volume, i am overwhelmed by the thought of going back and reviewing volumes 2-10, trying to recapture that innocent mindset that didn't know what happened in subsequent volumes and trying to stay within the lines of the volume i'd be reviewing.

my hat is off to you serial comic book/graphic novel reviewers who are able to consistently churn out smart, compreh
Will M.
Jan 20, 2015 Will M. rated it really liked it
If you thought that volume 1 was amazing, then you better read volume 2 right away. This was a lot better than the first, and that's saying a lot because the first one was already really great. The characters were already well developed and the plot was a lot better in this one.

The author introduced a brand new conflict and it worked out perfectly. Chew has this culinary vibe and the author managed to incorporate it interestingly. I eat chicken almost everyday, so if it were to get banned then I
Lindsey Rey
Feb 27, 2015 Lindsey Rey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels, 2015
I THINK THIS IS MY FAVORITE GRAPHIC NOVEL SERIES!!!! FUNNY, CREATIVE, BRILLIANT!!!
Riley
Sep 07, 2015 Riley rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
4.5
David Sven
I made sure I ate up big at last night's chicken dinner because I knew come this lunch time reading I would be entering a strictly no-chicken zone.

I want to give thanks here to my goodreads friend Ctgt for the phrase "Chicken Apocalypse." Also thanks to Tamahome for inventing the completely new genre description "Chickocalypse."

Really?

It wasn't me so no fowl looks from you

Cibopath Tony Chu is joined by John Colby, his old cop buddy partner - yeah the one that got half his face chopped off last
StoryTellerShannon
Jan 02, 2012 StoryTellerShannon rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: tim janke
And so an awesome series continues. In this volume Tony Chu takes time off of his job to go with his brother to a Micronesian Island which is apparently dealing in a substitute chicken. Along the way he meets a competing agent from another US department, crooked locals and catches up with his love interest, Amelie Mintz. He also gets to do some commando mission moves and make his not so smooth moves on his love interest. We also get to meet his former ex partner who is something of a cybernetic ...more
Felicia
Sep 06, 2010 Felicia rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
The only reason I gave this 4 stars rather than 5 is that I didn't understand why the lead character NEEDED to investigate the mysterious fruit. Other than that, class act and awesome as usual, HUGE FAN!
Jedi JC Daquis
Jul 31, 2014 Jedi JC Daquis rated it it was amazing
If Chew volume 1 is the seed, Chew volume 2: International Flavor is a teenage plant with its branches still in their youth already forming and in time, ready to bear fruit for us to feast on.

The second volume escalates from the previous one as it intertwines the different plots that will develop in the successive story arcs. I wonder how Layman gets these utterly crazy ideas and mix them to concoct an even crazier story. What's more is that he patches these plot previews in a neat and clear man
Stephen
Mar 27, 2016 Stephen rated it liked it
description

Volume 2 continues the story of Tony Chu cibopathic FDA agent. That can taste of any type of food and reveals its complete history. Biting into people likewise reveals their past and method of demise.

Tony Chu is teamed up yet again with his old police partner John Colby. After getting hit in the face with a kitchen knife, John has been given a bionic face and brought over to the FDA. After the 2 FDA agents bust a bank robbery, a fake chicken flavor sends Tony to the Pacific island of Yamapalu.

T
Sanaa
Jan 19, 2015 Sanaa rated it it was amazing
[5 Stars] I loved this volume even more than the first one! I honestly think just that this graphic novel series is exactly to my personal taste. See what I did there? Taste... I particularly loved getting more Amelia and Colby in this volume. Though I really missed Savoy!
Ronyell
Chew 2

Introduction:

After reading the first volume of this fantastic series “Chew: Taster’s Choice,” I was geared up to read the second volume “Chew: International Flavor!” “Chew: International Flavor” is just as interesting and creative as the first volume and being that John Layman’s “Chew” series is an Eisner Award Winning and Harvey Award Winning series, this volume is definitely something that any comic book fan should check out!

What is this story about?

In this volume, Tony Chu is back and th
Sara Price.
Sep 04, 2015 Sara Price. rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this! I'm not sure what I want to rate it but I'm going with 4 stars.
Kayla (BOOKadoodles)
Even better than the first volume! Hilarious, twisty, and gross, this series is fantastic so far, highly recommend!!
Stepheny
Apr 21, 2015 Stepheny rated it liked it
3.5

I don't know why this one made me dislike Tony so much. He just seemed like a spoiled kid not getting his way and I found him kind of annoying for the first 2/3 of this book.

Once we got closer to the end I began to enjoy the story more and was intrigued about where it was going.

I am really enjoying Colby's character a lot. I am glad to see him not only back, but referring to himself as a bionic Robocop.

While this was a good read, it didn't blow me away like the first one did.
selis şen
Jun 12, 2016 selis şen rated it really liked it
3,5*
Lindsey Lynn
Aug 21, 2016 Lindsey Lynn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I absolutely love this series! I love the humor and the crazy cases so much. Reminds me a bit of Lupin the Third :D
Brittany
Feb 21, 2015 Brittany rated it really liked it
Another legitimately awesome and disgusting volume! In this volume:

-Does Tony eat shit?!
-What is that fruity chicken?!
-Vampire? Cibopath? Hero? Villain? WHO KNOWS?!
-Bionic FDA Agent!
-Where is Mason?!
-Death galore!
-Cock fighting!
-Chow Chu being a dickhead!

Overall: Amazing. A lot of cringe worthy, don't eat immediately after moments. The artwork is once again on point. And the story line keeps propelling me further and further forward. I hate waiting for more volumes of this.
Paul
Second Read:
I am so happy I reread these first two volumes before continuing because there were so many aspects of the story I missed. I can see myself rereading this series so many times in the future.

Original Read:
I just like this series so far. The humor is good, the dialogue is much better than other comics I've read lately, the art has so much expression, and there are actual plots. I absolutely love the prologue/character introduction pages that this series does.
Leo
Dec 29, 2014 Leo rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-english, 2015
Things I liked:
Tony's original partner is back.
Chicken, even if is a fruit.
Enough questions to keep wondering without feeling that Layman isn't telling you anything.
The metacommentary was pretty awesome.
The vampire.

Things I didn't:
Tony and the bionic cop (sorry, don't remember his name) don't share much scenes together.
New characters but some dissapear pretty quickly.
Mel
May 04, 2016 Mel rated it really liked it
Really solid graphic novel series. Not my favourite but I do enjoy them. I find that there's a little too much going on and I still don't like the artwork yet but it's entertaining enough to read. I got out the entire 10 published ones out from the library this week so expect more reviews to come.
Shannon (leaninglights)
Apr 13, 2015 Shannon (leaninglights) rated it really liked it
Really liked this one, though it felt a bit all over the place at points. Can't wait to see what happens next! :)
Barb (Boxermommyreads)
So I knew I wanted to pick this one up sooner rather than later since I enjoyed the first one so much. This time Tony Chu ends up going across seas to a tropical island in search of a new plant which is causing a lot of trouble. It's a cross between a frog and something else (can't really recall) and it's been genetically engineered to taste exactly like chicken.

Tony's old partner from the first book turns up and is now working with the Special Crimes Unit of the FDA. There is a unique love/hate
Brad
Chapter 1 --
A little friendly violence, a little friendly homophobia, a little friendly racism, and Tony Chu and John Colby (ex-partner turned cyber-faced FDA newbie) are as partners-in-love as they ever were. So they start investigating a piece of shit, which leads to some pee, some more violence, a glimpse of Colby's cyborg powers and some actual detection (Batman Detective Comics could learn a valuable lesson). It is a fun though slight beginning to the second volume.
Chapter 2 --
Chicken is il
Rachel Lightwood
I decided to continue on with this graphic novel series, despite not quite enjoying the first volume, because I wanted to learn more about this crazy dystopian world and about Chu's abilities. While the bind-up did manage to improve in some regards and I enjoyed it (as a whole) more than the first volume, I still wasn't blown away. The lack of world-building is starting to get on my nerves a little. I just need to know more about how the world came to the point that all the hard-core criminals d ...more
Cinthya Brenes
Nov 13, 2015 Cinthya Brenes rated it liked it
I liked the chicken thing it was funny, ohhh and let's not forget his ear being other color hahah
Cathy
More weird and clever fun. I'm not too fond of the way that women are drawn though. Every foreign agent has huge, HUGE, lumpy boulders for her chest and bottom, and her legs are almost as deformed looking. Maybe it's on purpose, the series is very satirical and it could be commenting on so many books, and movies, that unnecessarily sexualize female characters by taking these women to an extreme that's bizarre and rather hideous. But it's not fun to look at, in any way. But the book was fun. Tony ...more
Sesana
Dec 05, 2014 Sesana rated it liked it
Shelves: superhumans, comics
Compared to the first volume, this felt more unfocused. Yes, it's a single story, but there's just so much going on. Too much, I think. Maybe including Tony's previous partner, and his estranged brother, and the food critic he has a crush on, and a loose end from the previous book, and a mysterious fruit that tastes just like chicken. Take out Tony's brother and/or the food critic and the story has time to breathe and develop. Still, it's a solid story, and the execution is as good as I remember ...more
Miguel
Dec 15, 2015 Miguel rated it really liked it
Shelves: image
It was good, not great. A lot of CRAZY things going on... Vol.1 was better somehow..
If you like to take things seriously this book is not for you. The writing and the art ir really cartoonish and funny. Its a really fast paced book.
Tanner
Aug 19, 2016 Tanner rated it really liked it
Once again you follow main character Tony Chu and his adventures being a person who can eat something and tell you everything about who and how it was made. This once again was a fun graphic novel. And I'm curious to see what the third one had in store.
Burhan
Nov 03, 2015 Burhan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hiç bu kadar leziz bir şey okumamıştım.
  • Sweet Tooth, Volume 2: In Captivity
  • Morning Glories, Vol. 3: P.E.
  • Revival, Vol. 4: Escape to Wisconsin
  • Locke & Key, Vol. 2: Head Games
  • Invincible, Vol. 12: Still Standing
  • The Umbrella Academy, Vol. 2: Dallas
  • DMZ, Vol. 9: M.I.A.
  • Atomic Robo and the Fightin' Scientists of Tesladyne (Atomic Robo, #1)

Chew (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Chew, Vol. 1: Taster's Choice
  • Chew, Vol. 3: Just Desserts
  • Chew, Vol. 4: Flambé
  • Chew, Vol. 5: Major League
  • Chew, Vol. 6: Space Cakes
  • Chew, Vol. 7: Bad Apples
  • Chew, Vol. 8: Family Recipes
  • Chew, Vol. 9: Chicken Tenders
  • Chew, Vol. 10: Blood Puddin'
  • Chew, Vol. 11: The Last Suppers