Start by marking “Writer's Inc” as Want to Read:
Writer's Inc

Writer's Inc

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  259 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Book by Sebranek, Patrick, Meyer, Verne, Kemper, Dave
Published February 16th 2000 by Great Source Education Group (first published August 1st 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Writer's Inc, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Writer's Inc

Textbook--I have the teacher's guide to go with it. Free to good home.
Sure it has funny little pictures that make it look like it is written for elementary school students, but the examples are wonderfully clear and silly enough so that you remember the rules. I have had and used this book for many years.

Forget all of those stuffy grammar and punctuation handbooks so often handed out in high school and college composition classes. *This* is the handbook you need.
I used this writing handbook in high school as was required. Still a useful guide when I need to get back to the basics in my writing.
This resourceful book has helped me through high school and college. I'm hanging on to it after all these years because it's a great reference to go back to for information.
Nhu Luong
I think this book was written mainly for high school students due to its content and format. It is well-organized, clear and easy to read. It supplements students' writing skills with outlines of a certain type of essay ( persuasive essay ,business letter, research paper, response to literature, etc. ). However, I find this book to be dull and not very specific. All the rubrics are almost the same for different types of essay. Therefore, I would recommend this book to a freshman or a sophomore b ...more
Oct 01, 2014 Shavonne rated it 2 of 5 stars
This is good
I've used this book to help teach writing, but don't hand it out as a textbook. I've also used it through Sylvan.

What makes them excellent is that these books break down writing into simple parts and use a lot of examples. The way the pages are formated with bold, graphics, and such also make them easy to use and not as intimidating as say Warriener's. They contain both grammar and direction on different types of writing.
The plasticized cover of the ugly yellow old '89 version resists both Sprite and being hucked across the room in rage.

But keep it handy and you will never be confused by a gerand, present participle or proper apostrification of either its or it's. At least for the next 30 minutes...
Ist 605
Rather than being geared towards one field, Writers Inc. is a wonderful reference to turn to for any type of writing. I wish I would have known about this source in undergrad! -Corey
Jan 15, 2008 David marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
This was my writing guide/grammar book in high school, which I never actually used at the time. I think I actually stole this copy from the "newsroom" of the Pow Wow, my school newspaper.
Excellent handbook on writing skills. Very well organized so that you can find what you are looking for quickly, and the point form it uses was very user friendly.
This is a great english resource. I still use it, even though I bought it early in high school.
Apr 07, 2007 Runa rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: writers
Shelves: runasbooks
great reference for writers, required for many english classes
Feb 17, 2011 Lucius added it
Useful for writing back when I didn't have the Internet.
This book was everything to me in high school.
Devrim marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2015
Monique Lagune
Monique Lagune marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
Linda marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2015
Alisa marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2015
Joey Ramasama
Joey Ramasama marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2015
Allison Franks
Allison Franks marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2015
Aaron marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2015
Richy added it
Oct 15, 2015
  • A Pocket Style Manual
  • Writing Science Fiction & Fantasy (Writing Series)
  • Thuggin In Miami (The Family Is Made : Part 1)
  • The Elements of Grammar
  • The Writer's Guide to Character Traits: Includes Profiles of Human Behaviors and Personality Types
  • World-Building
  • The Elements of Editing
  • Painless Grammar
  • What If?: Writing Exercises for Fiction Writers
  • Telling Lies for Fun & Profit
  • Setting: How to Create and Sustain a Sharp Sense of Time and Place in Your Fiction
  • English Grammar for Students of German: The Study Guide for Those Learning German
  • Writing on Both Sides of the Brain: Breakthrough Techniques for People Who Write
  • The Writer's Digest Guide to Science Fiction & Fantasy
  • The Writer's Complete Fantasy Reference: An Indispensable Compendium of Myth and Magic
  • How to Write Best Selling Fiction
  • A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations: Chicago Style for Students and Researchers
  • How to Write a Damn Good Novel, II: Advanced Techniques For Dramatic Storytelling