Start by marking “World Religions in America” as Want to Read:
World Religions in America

World Religions in America

3.72  ·  Rating Details  ·  53 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
The fourth edition of "World Religions in America" continues its lauded tradition of providing students with reliable and nuanced information about America's religious diversity, while also reflecting new developments and ideas. Each chapter was updated to reflect important changes and events, and current statistics and information. New features include a timeline of key e ...more
Paperback, Fourth Edition, 496 pages
Published October 1st 2009 by Westminster John Knox Press (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about World Religions in America, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about World Religions in America

Margali Ea
Jun 29, 2015 Margali Ea rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
Admittedly my father wrote this book, so go ahead and disregard my review if you like. The information is really illuminating, and dusts away any misconceptions you might have about oft referred to religions, such as Scientiology and Christian Science.
David Horney
Apr 29, 2015 David Horney rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-47th-year
read for school
Jo
Jul 07, 2013 Jo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review is about the 4th Edition of the book. This well-written book is the only one you need to get a solid, broad education on the various faith traditions of the majority of Americans. I was particularly interested in Chapter 20, “Religion and Women in America” written by Eleanor J. Stebner. I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn about religious traditions in the United States.
Maggie
Jul 14, 2015 Maggie rated it really liked it
Very in-depth for the amount of space dedicated to each religion, this book was a fulfilling read and one I'll keep on the shelf after the class is over.
Emily
Mar 15, 2010 Emily rated it really liked it
This was my textbook for my world religions class and it was easy to read and follow. Each religion was written on by an expert of that religion and the study questions at the end of each chapter were helpful. I usually don't keep textbooks, but I think I'm going to keep this one.
Ricky Beckett
Ricky Beckett is currently reading it
Feb 03, 2016
Dan Siegel
Dan Siegel rated it it was ok
Jan 30, 2016
Nils Riess
Nils Riess marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Aus
Aus marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Jimi Rogers
Jimi Rogers marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2016
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Melissa Dougherty
Melissa Dougherty rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Satine Dali
Satine Dali marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2015
Alexa Marín
Alexa Marín rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2015
Ken
Ken rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2015
Shalin
Shalin marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2015
Jeannie Norge
Jeannie Norge rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2015
Kay
Kay marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2015
Martha N. Stum
Martha N. Stum rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2015
John Koopman
John Koopman marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2015
Jerrilynn Sheffler
Jerrilynn Sheffler rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2015
Tamara
Tamara rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2015
Coco & Bambi
Coco & Bambi marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
medeirosjohnlive.com
medeirosjohnlive.com rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2015
Mike
Mike rated it liked it
May 27, 2015
Nancy Attey
Nancy Attey marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Erich Brewster
Erich Brewster marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Born in Hartford, Connecticut, Neusner was educated at Harvard University, the Jewish Theological Seminary of America (where he received rabbinic ordination), the University of Oxford, and Columbia University.

Neusner is often celebrated as one of the most published authors in history (he has written or edited more than 950 books.)Since 1994, he has taught at Bard College. He has also taught at Col
More about Jacob Neusner...