Start by marking “I'll Be There For You” as Want to Read:
I'll Be There For You

I'll Be There For You

3.26 of 5 stars 3.26  ·  rating details  ·  117 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Hannah hugged her sister tightly. "I know you don't trust life any more. But you've still got to live it—and so do I."

Hannah and Juliet Goodwin have been best friends since childhood, but when Juliet's boyfriend Luke is killed just as Hannah marries the affluent Michael, the divide between the two sisters is suddenly too painful to bear. While Hannah prepares for the birth
Published (first published February 5th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about I'll Be There For You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'll Be There For You

Sue
Juliet works for an advertising company, where she sometimes clashes with the boss, but has some good friends. She has plenty of ideas but is more interested in after-work drinking and smoking; her self-esteem isn't great anyway, and she's still grieving from the loss of her fiance Luke a year previously.

Juliet used to be very close to her older sister Hannah, who is a calmer, more motherly kind of person. But Hannah is now married to the slick Michael whom Juliet doesn't like or trust. Michael
Petra
Emma
I'll be there for you - such a beautiful and sad novel all at the same time. I loved the characters of Hannah and Juliet and loved their bond even more so.

Throughout the book, both of their relationships with each other was portrayed greatly; best friends and sisters. I love how it showed both the negative and positive sides of their relationship too, it's not always a bed of roses with them, but when one is in need, the other is there for them.

It took me a chapter or two to actually get into t
Rebecca Haslam
I have always liked stories that play on the relationship between family members, portraying both the good and the bad times in their lives - such occurs in this book.
Two sisters, close all their lives suddenly find themselves in different places and situations in their lives' death, love, family; they all feature prominently in what unfolds.
I've often heard that your family can help you through anything, that true family will be there for you to lean on no matter what, and through this book, I'
Vandana
Alright, so I have these books I like to call "My airport books". Airport books, are books that are suppossed to be fun, not too deep, great for the airplane because you can get into them, and not have to think too hard, and long enough for the airplane ride. Well this was a disappointing airport book. I thought this book would exhibit more of a connection between sisters, and the bonds between them. It did none of that. The storyline got more and more ridiculous. It should have been a clue to m ...more
Barbara Elsborg
Two and a half stars. I did sort of like it. There was a lot I liked but some bits I really didn't. For instance the character of Guy was an issue for me- nowhere near enough detail on him to appreciate his role in the story. But Michael was well drawn. The big coincidence was - well - big, but since my books have coincidences too,I didn't really feel it was an issue.I could feel the reveal coming but it was done well. Not as good for me as some of her other books but I do like her style of writ ...more
Jinx
I think what the book is trying to express is really nice and important especially in our now days.
But I have found the technique of writing is really complicated and hard to understand at some parts. And I am half british half american, so my english is -you can say- alright. I want to know if anyone faced this or is it just me.

I love the overall story though.
Please email me at ghydababiker@hotmail.com
Lisa
It took a couple of chapters for me to get intot his book but once I did I was hooked.
Although I did pick the ending it was still enjoyable.
I liked the relationship between the sisters. Some times sisters, sometimes good friends - but not always close but there when they need each other.
Edel
The Twins
easy read and enjoyable however what a coincidence that pretty much all main male characters are cheats in this book - Come on not all men are that bad?!!
Sunshine
It was an okay read but could be boring at times. The story didn't move me at all.
Gemma
Good worth reading but not her best book
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Joelle Naim
Joelle Naim marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Jagoda
Jagoda marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Andrew
Andrew added it
Nov 13, 2014
Silvermist
Silvermist marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Micalicious
Micalicious marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Eleanor
Eleanor marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
  • The Storyteller's Tale
  • The Sisterhood
  • Monsoon Season
  • Send Me A Lover
  • Lavender Leigh at the Chalet School (The Chalet School, #19)
  • Annie May's Black Book
  • Girl in the Attic
  • The River
  • Every Move She Makes
  • Joyride
  • The Pi**ed-Off Parents Club
  • The Secret Life Of Evie Hamilton
  • Sophie's Lucky (Sophie, #6)
Since I Don't Have You The Day You Saved My Life The Disappearance of Emily Marr Before We Say Goodbye The Second Husband