Start by marking “Belle Starr” as Want to Read:
Belle Starr

Belle Starr

What happens after a girl gets side-lined by her first heat cycle? She goes lookin' for trouble...and finds it.

Marshal Annabelle "Cowgirl" Oakley is the best law enforcement officer in Interstellar Coalition Enforcement. With her wolf Tucker at her side, Belle is clearly the best man for the job. Unfortunately, the job comes with hazards, and one of those hazards comes in
Published January 6th 2010 by Loose Id, LLC (first published May 12th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Belle Starr, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Belle Starr

Bookaholics
Aug 03, 2009 Bookaholics rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Belle Star by Belinda McBride
Paranormal Romance- Futuristic- May 12th, 2009
4 Stars

Belinda McBride starts her futuristic romance in the Year 2317. Marshall Annabelle Oakley captains the Bella Star with her trusty sidekick Tucker, a wolf. Belinda takes the reader into the deep space of the Interstellar Coalition Enforcement that employs and takes care of our heroine. At a rendezvous, she meets the hunky Alpha male, Armand de la Croix, a silver Were who inspires her passionate needs. Unfortunately,
Saritza
Loved this book! So many taboos and broken "romance rules" that I couldn't put it down!
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
How did I not know this was in the same world as An Uncommon Whore? I love that world! This book features the AmWere. These are some hot smexy werewolves from Earth. Belle - Marshall Annabelle Oakley is a science experiment hybrid. Who knows what kind of DNA is mixed into her genes? She's a red headed Amazon at 6'3". I think I just fell in love. On top of this, she's a bi-sexual switch! She even wears a strap-on to peg either male or female ass. She has a vibrating anal probe. I'm close to overl ...more
Carolyn F.
Jul 13, 2011 Carolyn F. rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, erotic-sexual, sfr
I thought with dialogue such as "slicker than snot" I'd hate this book, but it was actually really good. My first time reading this author, but I've ordered a couple of her e-books after enjoying this one.

Belle's a Marshall with a trusty wolf companion. After a mission where pheromones drive her to seek loving in all the wrong places, she goes to a bar to help scratch that itch which won't go away. There she meets a werewolf who is just what she needs and ends up pregnant. He's just getting his
Rhonda Rampersad
Feb 26, 2017 Rhonda Rampersad rated it liked it
this book was alright. nothing special. I liked the female lead, she seemed mostly believe able. the other characters were a cross between erratic and unattached. the ending was unsatisfying and disappointing. belle seemed to degenerate into every other female lead in this genre.
Baylee
Mia cara McBride, cosa mi combini? Mi dispiace davvero tanto scriverlo, ma in Belle Starr neanche sembri la stessa autrice di An Uncommon Whore. Forse l'arcano si spiega con le date: questo romanzo è il primo ambientato in questo universo fantascientifico, quindi è possibile che risenta del primo passo fatto in lidi sconosciuti. Sono solo felice di non aver iniziato la conoscenza con la McBride con Belle Starr, altrimenti mi sarei persa una serie molto carina.

Non so, per la prima metà circa del
Becca
Oct 01, 2012 Becca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun read. I enjoyed Belle's quirky sense of humor, the real life dialog between characters, and - for lack of a better term - the "everydayness" of their interactions, even while it took place in a science fiction/paranormal world. With a main character named Annabelle "Cowgirl" Oakley, it was no surprise that the story was imbued with an "old western" feel. I'm not sure it can strictly be labeled as BDSM, but there is plenty of kinky, erotic sex spiced with domination and submission. ...more
Sassafrass
*3.5 STARS*

this was pretty good considering that it's not my usual type of read. I liked the plot, but it seemed unfinished. I felt like there was more to the story and we just didn't get it. That's why I could only give it 3.5 stars instead of the full four.
Wyrdness
Apr 03, 2014 Wyrdness rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: futuristic
This just wasn't for me. It was well written and there wasn't anything particularly wrong with it, but it was definitely erotica and not sci-fi or even romance.

I kind of liked elements of several characters, but I'm not sure I can really say I liked them as a whole thing and there was no growth at all. The lack of growth is pretty surprising since one of the characters has amnesia, but his behaviour and reactions don't change at all once he starts recalling things. I liked that Belle was strong
BTina
A strong woman, Marshal Belle, meets a matching mate, Armand, who is strong enough to accept her as she is. They have hot sex, marry and have children.

The story takes place in McBride's "Uncommon Whore"-universe which, while not quite dystopian, ensures a dose of violence and morally dubious government actions, not to mention a tendency for kinky sex. The MCs aren't completely human. Belle is genetically engineered, the father of her children is a wolf shifter, her co-pilot is a hermaphroditic
AnnaM
Aug 08, 2010 AnnaM added it
I disliked the beginning of this so much I didn't finish it. But it's my own fault, not the author's. I didn't read the Amazon tags first and I don't remember warnings listed where I bought it, so I didn't know it was an erotica with special considerations. So, it surprised me. Because it's my own fault, I'm not marking the stars and affecting the ratings.

What specifically didn't I like? The first thirty pages were mostly sex or sex-related. I was hoping for more sf and plot than that. The cove
Gregor Eder
Aug 02, 2014 Gregor Eder rated it liked it
I must admit this work is the fusion of some of my favorite genres, SiFi and Werewolfs. And it got a nice twist to the old shifter-genre.
It got a nice mix between technologie, erotic scenes and good portion of humor. With a female lead who isnt the typical hardcore-bitch or the innocent-virgin but something new. And a male lead whos real identity is also a funny and interessting part of the storie.
Georgiann Hennelly
May 28, 2010 Georgiann Hennelly rated it really liked it
Awesome book really enjoyed it, Shifters menage and futuristic bounty hunters. Belle is a marshall with a trusty wolf companion. After a mission where pheromones drive her to seek love in all the wrong places she meets a werewolf in a bar and gets pregnant. He,s just getting his memory backj. This is not your typical science fiction romance. If you are looking for something fascinating to read Belle Starr is a worthwhile book to read.
Vivian

Smexy space opera with a genocide backdrop. One genetic mutant, one rogue Were, and a whole slew of original Star Trek worthy lifeforms make for a fun read. Interesting mix-up of characters and plot lines, but there is a bit of an overplay for the sequel with a lot tied on and bogging it down. The ending seemed rushed and completely reverted to an info dump. Liked this one, not sold on the next.
Ilona
Apr 09, 2013 Ilona rated it it was amazing
I've read a number of ebooks by this author and always enjoyed the way she writes. In this one she has broken a few taboos (see publishers note above) and still managed to make it an enjoyable read that I couldn't put down. There is humour, tears and hot sex to be found throughout and I hope she goes back to this universe and follows up on some of the secondary characters. I for one would buy anything she wrote.
Angarad
Dec 08, 2013 Angarad rated it it was amazing
One unique mix of science fiction and fantasy. Loved the unexpected twists and variety of characters and speces. The world created here is very diversified amd well thought, making you want to read more.
Belle and Armand are quite a team. Lived both personnalities, how they complete each other.
One thing I would have loved is to see Belle shifting into her Were form.
Deviant Divas
Mar 02, 2011 Deviant Divas rated it really liked it
Shelves: loose-id
An strong woman who has no fear of her sexuality mix with space, aliens and a werewolf then you have this thrilling story. Belinda McBride has done it again! Reviewed by Carolyn Overton

DIVA RATING: 4 Divas
HEAT RATING: Flame

Link:http://www.deviantdivaseroticbookrevi...
Feistygodwin
Feb 09, 2013 Feistygodwin rated it really liked it
I love how badass the lead female character is in this book! I like how comfortable she was with taking the lead and handling the stress that goes with being a leader, but also didn't let it compromise her sexuality. Also, the erotica in this book was very well done!
Helen Jessica Mays
Sep 06, 2016 Helen Jessica Mays rated it it was ok
The book had a good plot, but it wasn't enough. I hate it when a pregnant heroine spends months all alone. I hate it when a hero keeps thinking about his very beautiful and fairy taleish ex reverently. She was always so alone.. I did not enjoy it.
Brandi
Aug 01, 2015 Brandi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hot read!

I enjoyed this book even though it seemed kind of disjointed at times. It had a plot and steamy erotica which is a great combo that a lot of books fail to achieve. All an all it held my interest quite well.
(just) Trixie
Feb 11, 2010 (just) Trixie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome! Shifters, menage, futuristic bounty hunters...
juli
Nov 10, 2016 juli rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Yet another piece of trash that tries to make sexual assault into something that a female should be happy about. Ugh. Do not read this crap.
Melania Ramona
Apr 08, 2014 Melania Ramona rated it it was amazing
Surprising. I want more of this world and these characters.
Rochelle
Nov 05, 2012 Rochelle rated it really liked it
Shelves: challenge, bdsm
It's more 3 1/2 than 4. I liked it, just didn't love it. I liked Annabel Oakley, but didn't find her love interest quite as interesting. An enjoyable read.
Scooper Speaks
Oct 14, 2012 Scooper Speaks rated it it was ok
2.5 Didn't really care about the heroine. My imagining of her was pretty awful.
Clarke
I love this book and want more!!!
Muriel
Muriel rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2012
Kelley DeLira
Kelley DeLira rated it it was ok
Apr 03, 2016
Karma♥Bites ^.~
Karma♥Bites ^.~ rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2013
  • Fallen Star (Interstellar Service & Discipline, #2)
  • The Breaker's Concubine
  • In Service
  • Tailspin (Phoenix Rising, #2)
  • Abiogenesis (Cyberevolution, #3)
  • Crimson Shackles (The Ta'e'sha Caesurae, #2)
  • Bightmares (Deep Space Mission Corps #2)
  • Hers to Command (Verdantia, #1)
  • Shadow's Embrace (Wolf’s Heritage, #5)
  • Captive (Entwined Fates, #1)
  • The Starlight Rite
  • Hale (Circe's Recruits, #4)
Belinda is an award-winning, top selling author of erotic romance, speculative fiction and LGBTQ romance. She lives in far Northern California with her family and a pack of Siberian Huskies.

A graduate of CSU Chico, she managed to attend the notorious party school without once getting drunk, arrested or appearing in a "Girls Gone Wild" video. Her main focus of study was classical and archival hist
More about Belinda McBride...

“I like my boyfriends to bend over, Robert.” 4 likes