Start by marking “Sacred Trust (Er Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sacred Trust (Er Trilogy, #1)

Sacred Trust (ER Trilogy #1)

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  258 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Fast-paced ER drama! Emergency room surgeon Lukas Bower decides to leave the city for a small-town hospital. When he crosses a difficult ER chief, Bower's integrity -- so important in the operating room -- may cost him his job.
Published October 1st 1999 by Bethany House Publishers (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Sacred Trust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sacred Trust

D.J.
Jun 08, 2015 D.J. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Hannah Alexander is superb at pulling me into the drama she creates in her novels…

The characters are as realistic as any that I’ve read… and they deal with real-life issues, such as child abuse, alcoholism, broken marriages, and work-related issues – and of course their immediate concerns of life and death situation in the emergency room!

There are lots of technical terms, but nothing that I couldn’t figure out. Once you start reading Hannah’s novels, you get much more comfortable with the techni
Debbie
Mar 10, 2012 Debbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Sacred Trust" is a Christian suspense novel with some romance. This novel is the first in a series, but the issues in the book were wrapped up enough that it can be read as a stand alone.

The characters were interesting, complex, and acted realistically. The various characters dealt with real issues (like "office" politics, child abuse, alcoholism, the damage caused by gossip, children dealing with their parent's broken marriages, and more).

The medical scenes were plentiful. While the technical
Barbara
Aug 27, 2011 Barbara rated it really liked it
This Christian medical thriller is very realistically written (one of the authors is an M.D.) and probably will win readers over by not being overly preachy. A new doctor, Luke Bower, is hired to work in a small town hospital's ER full-time and discovers the typical small town mindset (distrust of strangers) as well as some unsettling secrets about the townspeople.

His love interest is local doctor Mercy Richmond, whose mother is a wealthy benefactress of the hospital where he works. The book tou
Lori Henrich
Jan 26, 2013 Lori Henrich rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lukas Bower is the new ER doctor at Knoll Community Hospital. He is happy to be there, but not everyone is thrilled to have him there. Dr. Jarvis George is not happy and wants to find a way to make sure he leaves as quickly as possible. Ivy is a big financial supporter of the hospital, and when she arrives in the emergency room with her dying mother, she butts heads with Lukas when he wants to honor the DNR paperwork and Ivy doesn't. Dr. George preys on Ivy's grief to get her to help him get rid ...more
Michelle
Dec 12, 2015 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Sacred Trust
Book 1

This book focused a a doctor, Lucas, who is new to the hospital in Missouri. He is the first full time ER doctor and is met with a lot of animosity throughout the book. There are a lot of various stories and various points of view written in this story. They include:

A doctor who doesn't have custody of her daughter
A little girl who is afraid of her father
An old man who wants to die
A young man who is very obese but doesn't want to ask for help
A young man who's looking for drugs
A
Becki
Feb 11, 2015 Becki added it
Shelves: book-collector
Interesting book. Fast paced and easy to read. Definitely predictable though.
Melissa
Sep 16, 2014 Melissa rated it really liked it
Christian medical suspense thriller. Exciting characters, like ER the tv show.
Amber Kolb
Jul 29, 2015 Amber Kolb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An easy read that I found to be interesting. I like the characters.
Andrea
Jul 13, 2009 Andrea rated it liked it
This was a good story about a new ER doctor in a small town. I could relate to some of the small town situations. I was happy about the main character's integrity and convictions, but sometimes the way they were presented halted the flow. I'm not really sure how to explain what I mean by that.

The ending wasn't very satisfying to me. It wasn't bad, but I felt like I was on a good (sometimes intense) ride for over 300 pages, and then it ended abruptly. I wanted more information about the character
Alisha
Dec 26, 2014 Alisha rated it really liked it
3.75
Bonnie
Feb 08, 2013 Bonnie rated it it was amazing
Great characters and ER action. Dr. Bower moves to Knolls, MO. to work in a new environment. He works with Dr. George, a doctor that doesn't follow protocol, meets Dr. Mercy's family under difficult circumstances, helps a brother and sister adjust to a new healthier lifestyle to save their lives, and is also trying to help Dr. Mercy get her daughter back under difficult circumstances. The plots are deep and exciting and as always I couldn't wait to read the ending!!
Angela Dueck
Oct 07, 2013 Angela Dueck rated it liked it
Shelves: medical
This book drew me in, although some of the medical jargon went over my head. Even though I couldn't always understand the words that were being used as they were medical terms, I was still able to follow the story and understand, for the most part, what was going on.
Amy
Apr 10, 2008 Amy rated it liked it
Recommended to Amy by: Erin
Shelves: christian
1st in a series, Christian medical fiction. A little long-winded on the medical terms (I know... its medical fiction, what did I expect? duh!) still a good story; I plan on reading the others in the series.
Corrie
Sep 23, 2012 Corrie rated it really liked it
This was a good read. I enjoyed the characters. I didn't realize that it was a series, which makes sense, since there was not a great deal of closure at the end of the book.
Loraine
Feb 23, 2009 Loraine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-mystery
If you like ER, you will love this fast paced story which finds a Christian doctor faced with those in dire need as well as the unscrupulous.
Yvonne
Jan 14, 2010 Yvonne rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one
I usually try to finish what I start, but this was going nowhere. I did not finish, and I don't think that I missed anything!
Annette Payne
Apr 21, 2011 Annette Payne rated it it was amazing
Very inspiring. Well written and really got you into the characters lives - would love to see a sequel
Aerykah
Aug 12, 2015 Aerykah rated it did not like it
Didn't even finish it... I just was not enjoying it at all.

(December--2013)
Anna Mccoy
Nov 11, 2013 Anna Mccoy rated it it was amazing
This was a great book! very intense at times! I really enjoyed!
ChrisGA
Dec 04, 2015 ChrisGA rated it really liked it
Christian medical suspense--first in ER Trilogy
Elaine
Jun 23, 2009 Elaine marked it as to-read
Goodwill of Central Indiana
397/420
Michelle
look for another one by this author (duo)
Megan
Oct 24, 2007 Megan rated it really liked it
This series is really good.
Ben Brown
Ben Brown marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2016
JB
JB rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Teresa Banks
Teresa Banks marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
  • A Ship Possessed (J.D. Stanton #1)
  • Fear No Evil
  • Riptide (The Julesburg Mysteries #2)
  • City of the Dead
  • Dread Champion
  • Trial by Fire (Newpointe 911 #4)
  • Stainless Steal Hearts
  • Sins of the Fathers
  • The Splitting Storm (The Storm Series #1)
  • Forget Me Not (Crossroads Crisis Center, #1)
  • Deadfall
  • A Shred of Evidence
  • Unexpected Love (Seasons of Redemption, #3)
  • Rising Darkness (Finding Sanctuary #3)
HANNAH ALEXANDER is the pen name for the husband-and-wife writing team of Mel and Cheryl Hodde, who began collaborating on their first blind date. Cheryl is the wordsmith, and Mel is the medical expert who helps her with the medical plotlines and edits everything she writes.
More about Hannah Alexander...

ER Trilogy (3 books)
  • Solemn Oath (Er Trilogy, #2)
  • Silent Pledge (Er Trilogy, #3)