Sacred Trust (Er Trilogy, #1)

Sacred Trust (ER Trilogy #1)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  192 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Fast-paced ER drama! Emergency room surgeon Lukas Bower decides to leave the city for a small-town hospital. When he crosses a difficult ER chief, Bower's integrity -- so important in the operating room -- may cost him his job.
Published October 1st 1999 by Bethany House Publishers (first published 1999)

Debbie
"Sacred Trust" is a Christian suspense novel with some romance. This novel is the first in a series, but the issues in the book were wrapped up enough that it can be read as a stand alone.

The characters were interesting, complex, and acted realistically. The various characters dealt with real issues (like "office" politics, child abuse, alcoholism, the damage caused by gossip, children dealing with their parent's broken marriages, and more).

The medical scenes were plentiful. While the technical...more
Barbara
This Christian medical thriller is very realistically written (one of the authors is an M.D.) and probably will win readers over by not being overly preachy. A new doctor, Luke Bower, is hired to work in a small town hospital's ER full-time and discovers the typical small town mindset (distrust of strangers) as well as some unsettling secrets about the townspeople.

His love interest is local doctor Mercy Richmond, whose mother is a wealthy benefactress of the hospital where he works. The book tou...more
Lori Henrich
Lukas Bower is the new ER doctor at Knoll Community Hospital. He is happy to be there, but not everyone is thrilled to have him there. Dr. Jarvis George is not happy and wants to find a way to make sure he leaves as quickly as possible. Ivy is a big financial supporter of the hospital, and when she arrives in the emergency room with her dying mother, she butts heads with Lukas when he wants to honor the DNR paperwork and Ivy doesn't. Dr. George preys on Ivy's grief to get her to help him get rid...more
ChrisGA
Christian medical suspense--first in ER Trilogy
Andrea
This was a good story about a new ER doctor in a small town. I could relate to some of the small town situations. I was happy about the main character's integrity and convictions, but sometimes the way they were presented halted the flow. I'm not really sure how to explain what I mean by that.

The ending wasn't very satisfying to me. It wasn't bad, but I felt like I was on a good (sometimes intense) ride for over 300 pages, and then it ended abruptly. I wanted more information about the character...more
Bonnie
Great characters and ER action. Dr. Bower moves to Knolls, MO. to work in a new environment. He works with Dr. George, a doctor that doesn't follow protocol, meets Dr. Mercy's family under difficult circumstances, helps a brother and sister adjust to a new healthier lifestyle to save their lives, and is also trying to help Dr. Mercy get her daughter back under difficult circumstances. The plots are deep and exciting and as always I couldn't wait to read the ending!!
Angela Suzanne
This book drew me in, although some of the medical jargon went over my head. Even though I couldn't always understand the words that were being used as they were medical terms, I was still able to follow the story and understand, for the most part, what was going on.
Amy
Apr 10, 2008 Amy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Amy by: Erin
Shelves: christian
1st in a series, Christian medical fiction. A little long-winded on the medical terms (I know... its medical fiction, what did I expect? duh!) still a good story; I plan on reading the others in the series.
Corrie
This was a good read. I enjoyed the characters. I didn't realize that it was a series, which makes sense, since there was not a great deal of closure at the end of the book.
Loraine
If you like ER, you will love this fast paced story which finds a Christian doctor faced with those in dire need as well as the unscrupulous.
Yvonne
Jan 14, 2010 Yvonne rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: No one
I usually try to finish what I start, but this was going nowhere. I did not finish, and I don't think that I missed anything!
Annette Payne
Very inspiring. Well written and really got you into the characters lives - would love to see a sequel
Aerykah
Didn't even finish it... I just was not enjoying it at all.

(December--2013)
Anna Mccoy
This was a great book! very intense at times! I really enjoyed!
Elaine
Jun 23, 2009 Elaine marked it as to-read
Goodwill of Central Indiana
397/420
Michelle
look for another one by this author (duo)
Megan
This series is really good.
Gloria
Gloria marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
HANNAH ALEXANDER is the pen name for the husband-and-wife writing team of Mel and Cheryl Hodde, who began collaborating on their first blind date. Cheryl is the wordsmith, and Mel is the medical expert who helps her with the medical plotlines and edits everything she writes.
More about Hannah Alexander...
Hideaway (Hideaway #1) Safe Haven (Hideaway #2) Last Resort (Hideaway #3) Fair Warning (Hideaway, #5) Second Opinion (Healing Touch Series, #1)