Start by marking “Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1)” as Want to Read:
Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1)

Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor #1)

3.93  ·  Rating Details  ·  27,088 Ratings  ·  1,586 Reviews
Maddie Moore's whole life needs a makeover.

In one fell swoop, Maddie loses her boyfriend (her decision) and her job (so not her decision). But rather than drowning her sorrows in bags of potato chips, Maddie leaves L.A. to claim the inheritance left by her free-spirited mother—a ramshackle inn nestled in the little coastal town of Lucky Harbor, Washington.

Starting over won
Mass Market Paperback, 311 pages
Published October 1st 2010 by Forever (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Simply Irresistible, please sign up.

Amy Simmons You may be missing some pages. None of the Lucky Harbor books end in a cliffhanger. Each book ends with a HEA.
Bet Me by Jennifer CrusieCan You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaMatch Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsIt Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsThe Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
Best Ever Contemporary Romance Books
60th out of 3,173 books — 6,673 voters
Pride and Prejudice by Jane AustenJust the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie JamesSomething About You by Julie JamesPractice Makes Perfect by Julie JamesA Lot like Love by Julie James
Best Romance Books Ever
75th out of 2,277 books — 2,430 voters

More lists with this book...

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Do yourself a favor and don’t waste your time reading reviews. Just skip them and go buy this book. Just do it. But if you just can’t help yourself, if you simply must read a review, I’ll give you a little something more.

Simply Irresistible is the first book in the Lucky Harbor series and such a great story. I'm sitting here with this silly grin on my face because it's been a long time since I've read a book, any book, that had me smiling, giggling, sighing and fanning myself as much as this on
 Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~*
Dec 05, 2011 Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone wanting a sexy, humorous, and makes you happy Contemporary Romance
Recommended to Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* by: Zosia
5 Stars - Also reviewed at: Lady Jayne's Reading Den

Do. Not. Resist. This. Book! READ IT. NOW!!! FOR THE SIMPLY IRRESISTIBLE JAX CULLEN, ALONE! JILL SHALVIS ROCKS!!!
(I decided to repeat this straight up top, instead of waiting till near the end of my review. LOL)

Zosia, Thanks for your review of this, which made me want to read it!

After the amazing yet emotionally intense and tumultuous experience of The Bronze Horseman Trilogy, I needed a light and humorous yet-still-touch-me-emotionally kind of
Kristen
Review posted on: Swept Away By Romance

4 to 4 1/2 stars

I loved this book! Loved it!

Simply Irresistible is my first experience reading a Jill Shalvis book and it certainly won't be my last! I'm still baffled by how long it's take me to read one of her books.

Simply Irresistible is a sweet, flirty, feel good romance overflowing with wonderful characters, humor, romance, and a swoonalicious hero that deserves to be called a hero.

Oh, how I love Jax! He's everything I admire in a hero! The heroine,
Stacia (the 2010 club)
(I didn't mean to take over a week to finally review this. Blame the holidays.)

It's the mother sister of all "what exactly does he see in her?" stories.

One of these days, I'm going to find a book where the hero just straight-up admits that he found the heroine "sexy as hell." I can buy that. I can buy insta-lust. What I can't buy is the hero being intrigued for no apparent reason.

SHE RAN HIM OFF THE ROAD WHILE HE WAS ON HIS MOTORCYCLE AND HE WAS INSTANTLY HOOKED.

Does this even make sense to any
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5 "Hot tool belt" Stars!

photo Simply Irresistible - Jill Shalvis_zps01lqpshc.png

As always when I finish a book I have the same struggle: what to read next. I saw this series, and I know it is quite known by my GR friends, so I decided to start reading it! I am so glad I did!!

Simply Irresistible is the first installment of the Lucky Harbor series written by Jill Shalvis. This novel introduces three sisters who have the same mother (Maddie, Tara and Chloe) and how now they have inherited a 'resort' in a little village in Washington. This is the stor
Catarina
4 Irresistible Stars.

Maddie broke up with her boyfriend and lost her job in a short amount of time. So without anything tying her to LA, she goes to Lucky Harbor to meet with her sisters and try to re-open the Inn their mother left them when she died.
That’s when she meets Jax, the sexy contractor she hired to fix the Inn and things got well, heated.
And as they say, never mix pleasures with business…

description

I’ve never read anything from Jill Shalvis before, but I can definitely say that I will read
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
4 Cute Stars

I honestly came to love this series from the first book but I really can't review all these books... Okay I can but I'm kind of bored. So I'll just pick some of my favorite Phoebe-isms for this review.

Smile...it makes people wonder what you're up to.

Experience is something you get… after you need it.

Learn from the mistakes of others you won't have time to make them all yourself.

Obeying the rules might be smart, but it's not as nearly as much fun.
Jae
Holy tool belt! What a wonderful read. My eyes were glazed and I had a stupid grin on my face the whole time reading this book. A very HOT Jax Cullen would do that to you. Then again so will Ford or Sawyer.

Maddie the Mouse kinda reminds me a bit of Sandra Bullock in 'While You Were Sleeping'. She was all klutzy, shy and awkward but in a cute way of course. Maddie, Tara and Chloe together were a lethal combination, they just cracked me up.

Simply put, I loved this book. Heading out to Tara's stor
Lisa
Jun 13, 2012 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simply Irresistible was the first book I’ve read by Jill Shalvis. I absolutely loved it! This book was just so darn cute . I am now an adoring fan of Ms. Shalvis! This book was everything a contemporary romance should be – funny, witty, charming, sexy, sweet.... Yes, I could go on and on.

Our heroine, Maddie, arrives in Lucky Harbor due to the fact that her recently deceased mother has left her and her two half sisters an inn. For me, Maddie was such a great character. I loved her. I wanted to b
Lisa Kay
Washington State Pacific Coastline
Wonderful book and just what I needed right now after reading about the murder of -- not one -- but two beloved characters in another series. Ms. Shalvis has long been a favorite author, and she knocks it out of the ball park with this one, a story of three sisters who inherit an inn. With plenty of humor and hilarity; frustration, fights, fears, and tears; secrets and sizzling sex.

But, it is not all that chick-lit-ish. It’s a romance! Both Maggie and Jax are
Suzanne
Mar 16, 2015 Suzanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Suzanne by: Alice
4 Simply Beautiful STARS

This one was a true gem!! I asked for a really sweet, feel good read and this is exactly what I got - Thank you, Alice!

And I also discovered another author to fangirl over and another series (groan – but I love it) to devour.

photo Simply_zps0ac29508.jpg

Jax Cullen and Mandy Moore were great, fun loving characters and the secondary characters were just as appealing. Their story is adorable, romantic and very funny (I couldn't stop myself from laughing in public while reading this)!

The dialogue, th
♡Karlyn P♡
I'd rate it 4.5. I'll be reading the next for sure. I didn't fully buy the relationship conflict that came near the end, but the rest of it was funny, hot, and had such likable characters. I'm a sucker for small town romances too. Jax was serious hero candy, and I liked Maddie quite a bit!

The series is based on three half sisters inheriting a run down inn on the coast of Washington. They don't really know each other well, so we see some fun bonding moments. When Jax and Maddie meet it sizzles
Blacky *Romance Addict*
This was my first Jill Shavis novel, and I really liked it :)

If you're in the mood for something light, romantic and funny, this is your book :)

The story - This is the first in the series, so we have introductions to all the characters, male and female. There are three sisters who inherited the Lucky Harbour Inn. They're estranged and want nothing to do with the place, all except Maddie. She's had some rough time in her past, an abusive ex, and a difficult job she got fired from. She wants to s
Dija
Aug 02, 2012 Dija rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Fans of small town romances
*Buddy read with Brit! You can read her review here.*

I generally tend to love small town romances, but I had a lot of trouble connecting with the characters in Simply Irresistible and that mostly ruined my enjoyment of the story.

Maddie is, simply put, a doormat. She regained some of her inner strength by the end, but throughout the story, I didn't really develop any feelings for her. I didn't like her, didn't hate her, she was just there. The only thing we have in common is our love for chips.

J
Limeminearia
Jun 10, 2012 Limeminearia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Saly
Apr 09, 2011 Saly rated it it was amazing
Simply Irresistible is the first in the Lucky Harbor series. Maddie who has recently lost her job and dumped her abusive boyfriend makes her way to Lucky Harbor where her flighty mother(she wasn't closed with her and was raised by her father) and her two-half sisters have inherited a resort. Maddie is looking for a change(she no longer wants to be the mouse) and wants a closer relationship with her sisters.
The resort isn't in that great a shape, but Maddie convinces her sisters to give it a shot
Elizabeth (Liz)
As I often say, I'm not a writer or professional reviewer, but I know what I like. This series is light and easy to read. It's very enjoyable for me. This first book is a great start to the series and sets up the cast of characters very well. I love when a story takes place in a town like the one Jill Shalvis has created for this series. It's a town I can connect with and picture easily in my mind. It's a place I'd love to be able to visit. The characters are the same way. Great book!
Ronyell
Now I will admit that I had never read any of Jill Shalvis’ books before and it was just luck that I happened to stumble upon Jill Shalvis’ “Lucky Harbor” series, with the first book in the series being called “Simply Irresistible!” This book was truly one of a kind when it comes to contemporary romance and I had enjoyed it every second of the way!

Maddie Moore’s life was less than perfect since she had lost her job and her boyfriend all at once after having a particularly horrible day. So, when
Katrina Passick Lumsden
I had higher hopes for these books. I've been debating what to write for reviews for the three I've read so far, and honestly, I think I can probably use the same review for each one. Because here's the story in a nutshell:

Girl inherits dilapidated inn, is reunited with her two half-sisters, meets a guy, can't control her raging hormones, has copious amounts of sex with said guy, resists a relationship because she's an infuriatingly simple-minded moron with the emotional maturity of a toilet bru
Diana~
Oh man, if you're looking for a book that will definitely be tugging your heartstrings, look no further. Simply Irresistable is that book! With an irresistable and sexy hero name Jax and a clumsy, soft-spoken, and adorable heroine... I totally fell in love with this book and its characters. The book simply captured me from the very first page and I was dying to see the ending result of Jax and Maddie's relationship. Let's just say that the ending was definitely what I was looking for! *wink* For ...more
valee
Oh wow, this was just what I had been looking for: A sweet-sexy-fun read. If I had known I would have liked this book so much I would have read it much sooner. I'm excited to see I have found a new fav author to read. I just realized as well that I have already read another series from her, although I didn't know both had been written by her till some days ago. I'm talking about the Wilder series, which I loved as well.

This book was witty and funny, one of those you just can't put down once you
Lyndy Ann ♫
Dec 14, 2015 Lyndy Ann ♫ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first visit to Lucky Harbor and I am looking forward to get to know the residents.

Maddie moves to Lucky Harbor to start a new life, meet her two sisters and run the Inn their mother left them.

On the way there she nearly runs a hot biker off the road enter Jax Cullen HOT, SEXY and he has the BIGGEST HEART.

A heart warming story I love Maddie & Jax together.

I will definitely be reading the rest of the Lucky Harbor series.
Bekah
Jul 22, 2011 Bekah rated it it was amazing
When I read a great book, it's almost as if I become incoherent. I lose the ability to adequately express to you how good it was in an articulate manner because what I really want to do is jump up and down clapping my hands in glee. Not helpful, but the excitement should translate. I LOVED this book. More accurate, I LOVED the hero Jax. He shoots up to probably third in my top ten. Which I'm still developing btw, so if any of you out there have heroes you want me to add, send them my way!!!

Madd
KatLynne
This is the first book in a new Trilogy by Shalvis about three sisters who inherit a seaside resort from their free-spirited mother. This is my 3rd book by Jill Shalvis and so far the best for me. This book grabbed me from the first page and I fell in love with Lucky Harbor and it's characters. Maddie and her two half sisters have not spent much time together, but now they are meeting in Lucky Harbor, Washington to claim the inheritance left by their mother. The Resort is in need of repairs and ...more
Keertana
Dec 15, 2013 Keertana rated it really liked it
When it comes to Simply Irresistible, there are only three things you need to know.

1.) Jax Cullen.
2.) He does not look like this:
3.) He looks like this:

Hmm...still here? You're not running to find a copy of this book yet? Well, in that case...Take 2!

Simply Irresistible, I have to admit, is a resistible piece of work...if you don't open its cover, that is. Once you begin reading this romance novel, you'll be hard-pressed to put it down. From the beginning itself, it's difficult not to become
willaful
3.5 stars. This has a pretty by-the-numbers series start: small town where everyone knows everyone’s secrets, three sisters (blonde, brunette, redhead), three gorgeous guy friends (town mayor, town sheriff, town bartender/athlete/man-slut.) Of course one of the sisters and one of the guys has a past--the one secret nobody in town knows about. But that's for a later book.

What takes this book out of the realm of the ordinary is the truly nummy hero. I think contemporary romance heroes are probably
Didi
Sep 12, 2015 Didi rated it it was ok
I don't know what it was exactly that didn't impress me. I liked Jax enough, the small town romances seem to work with me. Well...for the most part. I found this to lag, though. There were several times I skimmed and skipped, the plot not holding my attention. Maddie got on my nerves as well. I completely understood her hesitation, but she annoyed me and never really won me over.
I'm not sure if I'm invested enough to learn Tara's story, though the hints dropped were intriguing. Maybe being the
Mandi Schreiner
Oct 27, 2010 Mandi Schreiner rated it really liked it
Favorite Quote: Note to self: always choose sex over physical labor!

Maddie is ready for a new beginning. After breaking up with her abusive boyfriend and losing her job, she is down in the dumps. Her mother passed away recently, and although she grew up with her father and never had a close relationship with her grateful dead worshipping mom, she is still grieving the loss. Her mother left Maddie and her two half-sisters an inn in the coastal town of Lucky Harbor, Washington. Deciding to leave t
Juliana Philippa
(3.5 stars) I learned about this book from my beloved goodreads friends ;-). It's my first Jill Shalvis novel and one I would definitely recommend, though I'm glad I got it from the library. I will say that Jax is such a delicious and wonderful hero, that I might end up caving and ordering it from PBS for that reason alone ... no self-control, it's ridiculous.

The story is a cute one, with no real heavy issues. There were some that could have been further developed or explored, like Jax's relatio
  • Bring Him Home (Special Forces, #3)
  • One Good Reason
  • Sugar Creek (Destiny, #2)
  • Start Me Up (Tumble Creek, #2)
  • Red Hot Renegade (Bennett #5)
  • Never a Gentleman (Drake's Rakes, #2)
  • Undeniably Yours (Kowalski Family, #2)
  • Only Yours (Fool's Gold, #5)
  • Catch of the Day (Gideon's Cove, #1)
  • How to Get Over Your Ex (Valentine's Day Survival Guide duet)

Look for Jill's latest, ONE IN A MILLION, on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's website fo
More about Jill Shalvis...

Lucky Harbor (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2)
  • Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3)
  • Lucky in Love (Lucky Harbor, #4)
  • At Last (Lucky Harbor, #5)
  • Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor, #6)
  • It Had to Be You (Lucky Harbor, #7)
  • Always On My Mind (Lucky Harbor, #8)
  • Dream a Little Dream (Lucky Harbor, #8.5)
  • Once in a Lifetime (Lucky Harbor #9)
  • It's in His Kiss (Lucky Harbor, #10)

“If I looked like him,” Tara said. “I’d want to have sex with myself. All the time.” 194 likes
“Just when you think you’ve hit rock bottom, someone will hand you a shovel.” 141 likes